Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

fun workplace to be
Front desk (Former Employee), Boca ratonAugust 26, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for this company. It was a great experience and every one in this workplace was friendly. I developed some new skills, and had more costumer service experience.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working as Lab assistant in the Natural Science building, allows science majors the opportunity to gain knowledge and hands on experience in a Lab. Also, allows students to build relationships with peers and professors.
ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), boca raton,flAugust 5, 2015
stay away from it stay away from it stay away from itstay away from itstay away from it stay away from it stay away from it\\\

Casual but professional work environment
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Casual work environment
Cons: N/A
Everyday was a different day working for Palm Beach State College(PBSC). I, personally, really enjoyed working for them. The feeling of being able to help a student learn more about a subject. That feeling i got when we would finally break the wall down that got a student stuck on a particular area of the subject. A lot of my Co-workers were friends, which made coming to work more enjoyable. There was nothing i disliked about working for PBSC and at the end of the day i knew i had helped a student with something they did not understand before hand.
great workplace, loved working there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Lake worth FLJuly 5, 2015
learning environment, great staff, fun, clean and organized, some of the best equipment used on daily basis. flexible schedule, local cafeteria
Great place to work!
Reading Tutor (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical work day involved helping students develop skills they need to progress to ENC1101, disbursing, and grading exams. Learned how to be a better helper and adapt to different styles of learning. Management was the best! Co-workers were the best! Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping students and the positive work environment.
Great work place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Lake WorthMay 27, 2015
Cons: n/a
I've been at PBSC as an adjunct instructor for 3 years and LOVE IT! Very friendly co-workers and great atmosphere. Main campus: Lake Worth
Extremely fun job with lots of human interaction
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Worth FloridaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Lack of hours
This job was very good as you got to interact with everybody and work at whatever pace was suitable for you. The management team was also superb doing everything to make sure you were comfortable even buying sweaters.
Comfortable and friendly work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 22, 2015
Although full-time tenured positions are few, the environment is friendly and supportive for adjuncts. Teaching schedules are flexible, professional services are available, and opportunities exist for inclusion and advancement.
Fun and productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: short breaks
Very busy day and always learning something new. I enjoyed the events that we had done and also the people I was working with was very humble and team players.
My department functions like a team should and runs like a well oiled machine because of it.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 30, 2015
Everyday provides for new opportunities to improve our overall performance. I have learned that perfection is a constant journey. I work with an excellent team and because of that I look forward to coming in to work each day. The hardest part of my job is wishing that I could do more. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting everything accomplished without incident and going out of my way to give others assistance in any capacity.
Fun place to work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Meet different people on a weekly basis.
Cons: Complaints on unnecessary things.
Working with the average college students.
Aiding them to release the stress of the college life.
Wonderful, fun, and caring coworkers.
Harderst part of the job is the people that come in with complaints about parking.
Great place to learn while working to gain experiences
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 7, 2015
Great place to learn while working to gain computer experience. Some days were relaxed and other days were very hectic, especially when computer servers were down or network virus invasion. However, co-workers were very helpful.
Engaging work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work includes welcoming my students to class while everyone signs the attendance. Students will then proceed to complete a five minute activity while all housekeeping duties are finished. We will then engage in discussion/lecture of the assigned reading, then engage in a hands-on activity carefully planned to extend on the knowledge acquired during reading and discussions. We will then wrap up with an oral or written assessment.
organized and manageable workplace
Associate of Arts Degree (Current Employee), Belle Glade, FLJanuary 28, 2015
I loved going to work everyone got along we were a team that treated each other like family. there was very few altercations and problems everyone worked together t solve problems and avoid them. I loved controlling the cameras from the camera room. The hard part was actually recording on the camera because you had to be very alert to avoid mistakes.
supervison
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Belle Glade, FLJanuary 5, 2015
To supervise the students while they're working out, whether it's lifting or cardio. To monitor who attends the facility daily and document every individual who uses the facility.
Opportunity is there... great learning environment
Coordinator of Student Activities (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: growth, experience
Cons: politics
It's a great place to learn and grow professionally. Make sure you separate professional and personal.
Great Place
IT (Current Employee), Lake WorthOctober 8, 2014
only way to advance depends on who you know. great place to work. strict management.
Job security
Student Activities Club Advisor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Great Organization. Salaries could be better. Great Co-Workers at the Boca Campus.
Productive Counseling Unit
Workforce Manager (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere of support
Managing 4 advisors and having a caseload of 320 laid off individuals is challenging but exciting at the same time.
Counseling the laid off person is challenging in that the person's life has been turned up side down. Counseling on depression, anxiety, relationships, coping with change helps the individual get through his/her training at the college a little easier.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the student get through their studies, graduate and obtain a fulfilling vocation.