Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Na
Medical Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 12, 2017
very lovely place i attended school there
fun, hard working professor.
good place to learn
focus on material and balance life
great advices after graduation
Nice Place to work with great opportunities
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 10, 2017
The school is perpetually developing and offering more and more opportunities for educators of all types to come and join their mission. They offer good benefits and a 401k. Flexible schedules. Employee Appreciation WEEK. Always in business.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
School
Dedicated teaching and support staff
Manager, Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 2, 2017
Tremendously dedicated faculty and staff who manage to provide high quality education in a large organization. Workplace culture could benefit from empowering faculty and staff in helping to set institutional policy and goals.
Work Study Position
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 30, 2017
I obtained this position at the college I was attending. It was a work study position. I worked assisted with organizing files for the office as they assisted with preparing high school students for college.
Pros
Felt Appreciated
Cons
Slow Pace, Minimal Pay
Great place to learn and work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Palm Beach State College. I learned a good deal, and there were so many opportunities for advancement. I worked in several different departments: Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Nutrition, just to name a few. I loved every moment of it. I would encourage anyone looking to continue learning and earning this would be a good place to start.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Guarded lunch breaks (too short)
ping pong table
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 16, 2017
good placc to play ping pong and have a good time with students. New science building with good air conditioning and new equipment. A bit on the cheap side,
Great environment for learning
Student Development Advisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 14, 2017
I learned a tremendous amount at PBSC. It was a great experience that helped me further my career goals. I enjoyed the the company of my cohorts and was able to see students accomplish their goals as a result of their efforts, as well as ours.
Professional Work Place
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJune 12, 2017
This job was good for me because I didn't have to leave the campus after my classes were over to go to work. All I had to do were go down the stair to the next building. Great and nice professors as well.
Pros
Professional Work Place
Cons
No Con
Great Place To Work
Student Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 10, 2017
Great employees and a a flexible supervisor. Opportunities to learn new programs and continuous great professional development opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was having contact with students on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Great for students but not as a career
Math & Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2017
This is great job while going to school or if you're working as an adjunct professor for the college to make up the hours. However, the hours that the center can provide per semester isn't enough to live on if you plan on doing this as your only job. Advancement isn't something that happens often either and the college has no qualms hiring from outside their current staff. There is no seniority when it comes to a promotion.
Pros
Caters to students, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No benefits, 27 hour a week limit, limited advancement within
The only way to get promoted, is if someone dies.
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 5, 2017
The school environment was cool and getting to work with other departments was fun, but management in my department was under developed and difficult to comprehend. Good people don't leave their jobs because of the task at hand, it's because of bad managers. FACT.
SI leader
Survey of Calculus S.I Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2017
Really good job. Perfect for students that are interested in becoming professors or teachers. The students that attend SI sessions are willing to learn and friendly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No Cons
Productive place, environment was okay.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 30, 2017
I was a student worker so I didn't really get much benefits but it is a great place to work if you are a college student and looking for a part-time job.
Pros
Class was nearby
Cons
Not that many hours, pay was okay.
Helping All State College students
English/Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 17, 2017
I very much enjoyed my tutoring experience at Palm Beach State College. My students were very engaged and it was very rewarding helping them. I also enjoyed woring with my coworkers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
no healthcare
Hard to advance
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 10, 2017
Get a lot of time off but the problem is the amount paid to Administrative Assistants is very low so it is hard to enjoy the time off due to finances. Hard to advance because people tend to stay since there is job security.
Pros
Vacation and days off
Cons
Compensation is low
Nice environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 6, 2017
It is a nice place to work. The management team rsre use time to get to know you. I believe that is why they are constantly in need of adjunct faculty.
rewarding workng with students
Faculty Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 2, 2017
Rewarding working with students. Preceptor for clinical rotations and skills testing. Worked with 6 students 2 days per week in rehab setting. Rewarding and challenging.
Pros
Cons
money
Extremely professional institute of higher education
TRIO Program Grant Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 28, 2017
A great place to work, interact with high level professionals and passionately provide academic services to students. Pay and benefits are industry competitive.
It was great to work at Palm Beach State College as a Math Professor.
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 19, 2017
As a Math Professor, I did enjoy working at Palm Beach State College. It's fun to teach college students. The most enjoyable part is when I am teaching a class where all the students understood the prerequisite one.
The hardest part is when I have to grade the papers and report grades while having a dead line.
In overall, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Great to chose a convenient schedule as adjunct professor
Cons
Professors really enjoy the break time during classes
productive and fun workplace
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 29, 2017
I like working at palm Beach State College. You interact with different people, students, professors, etc... It is a productive and fun environment. The management of Palm Beach College is fair and can be negotiable. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily. If you like your job, you will be a able to conquer anything.