Palm Beach State College

Palm Beach State College Employer Reviews

Job security
Student Activities Club Advisor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Great Organization. Salaries could be better. Great Co-Workers at the Boca Campus.
Productive Counseling Unit
Workforce Manager (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere of support
Managing 4 advisors and having a caseload of 320 laid off individuals is challenging but exciting at the same time.
Counseling the laid off person is challenging in that the person's life has been turned up side down. Counseling on depression, anxiety, relationships, coping with change helps the individual get through his/her training at the college – more... a little easier.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the student get through their studies, graduate and obtain a fulfilling vocation. – less
Great training ground
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management sucks
Great benefits...good training however no room for advancement
Fun work environment
Wedding & Events Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), The Boca CampusJuly 30, 2014
I was an evening instructor so there was not much to do besides teach, . The administrators were all very accommodating in helping me get my teaching materials together.
Post-Secondary Education
Post-Secondary Advisor, TRiO (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLApril 22, 2014
Provided college prep information and activities for middle school and high school students.
Ok
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLFebruary 28, 2014
I was just a work study student there cant't really say much, but it's a good palce to work.
Excelent workplace
Education Coordinator (Current Employee), west Palm Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute.
Great place to work.
Opportunities for job training.
Great I/T support.
Productive and fun workplace
Panther Card office representative (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: self-management
Every day at work I help out students with their questions regarding panther card (their student ID) and explain many reasons why they need to have it. I am very knowledgeable about PBSC and answer a lot of other questions related to college in general. This is only part-time seasonal position and student workers are replaced almost every semester.
Productive and fun workplace
EMS Instructor (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 1, 2013
I really enjoy working at PBSC. I have a true passion for teaching and am able to convey my experience and knowledge to my students
it was great
student (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: affordable classes
Cons: the food is pricy
a wonderful experiment, i would highly recommend anyone!!
A safe, predictable place to work
Tutor, Lab assistant (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLAugust 19, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, freedom to innovate in ways to assist
Cons: no room for advancement, few hours
I helped students to use the computers. Primarily I assisted them with the whole Microsoft Office suite. I learned to be patient and respectful and and how to see a problem from the perspective of someone who is not used to technology.
My co-workers and I developed a very youthful, easy-going culture that promoted freedom of expression and initiative.

The – more... hardest day of the job is any day where there is an irate or unreasonable student, inversely the most enjoyable day is one where a student is extremely grateful because they learned new skills and do not need assistance from us again. – less
Fun and productive
Supplemental Instructional Leader (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaAugust 14, 2013
Very exciting and at the same time challenging too. Giving reviews to students is the best part, I can give them knowledge and I can gain valuable knowledge and feedback from them. The coworkers are all very hard working and always trying to give their best. The management is great and takes good care of us. There is no hard part in the job, as I enjoy – more... my job a lot. – less
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLJuly 17, 2013
Co-workers are fine to get along with. Everyone help each other. Nobody complains and every one get their work done.
I was part-time
Reference and Instructional Librarian (Former Employee), Belle Glade, FLJuly 11, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: ineffective management, unfair being part-time but really full-time
Working here part-time was the hardest part of the job. I worked over 40 hours, but was still classified a part-time. Management was unaware and ineffective. Faculty, staff and students were great though.
Excellent academic environment for students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLJune 20, 2013
Pros: the teaching. watching students grow and blossom into respectful, competent, engaging, moral communicators
Cons: long hours of unpaid out-of-classroom homework, no benefits at all, no vacations, no health care, nothing
Palm Beach State College is a quality higher-ed teaching institution.
As an Adjunct Professor I taught four classes a semester with brilliant results as attested to by having record-high attendance numbers and being nominated for Student Choice Teacher of the Year four years in a row and winning in 2010! The Speech Department Dean was an exemplary educator. – more... My department chair was an exceptional manager. The department itself was like a family intent upon the same mission, giving our students the very best learning experience possible and imparting constructive communication skills they will use personally and professionally for the rest of their lives. Hands down, the most enjoyable part of teaching is getting to know each and every student personally and helping them become the best they can be. I also enjoyed reviewing homework because the work I assigned was very personal. My students had to delve deeply into themselves and identify with the material being taught in very introspective, incisive, analytical ways. Their trust in me was implicit and this will always be one of my greatest honors. – less
Adequate Place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLMay 19, 2013
It was a work-study position. So it was basically a job that I had while I was working and going to college. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to work while going to school and able to have flexible hours.
Summer Youth College
Volunteer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 30, 2012
Pros: fun environment
Summer Youth College is a very productive environment and a big organization. Although it is such a big organization it is working towards a wonderful cause and the team works like family. The mangers of the organization are very caring and considerate to ones needs.
IT Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 30, 2012
Pros: fulltime
Cons: seasonal
• Reimaged Desktops and laptops
• Assisted professors who needed troubleshooting with PC related problems
• Replaces peripherals such as hard drives, ram, and cd drives in computer workstations
Productive and pleasant work environment.
Academic Advisor; Student Support Services (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLOctober 26, 2012
Student-Centered Vision and Mission.
Excellent Cross-Departmental Collaboration.
Fun place.
Student Assistant/ Admission Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 3, 2012
Pros: able to study/ get homework.
Cons: education
Because I was able to do what I like to do best, which is helping others. I was able to help many students accomplish their goals, by picking out the right classes, motivate them. It was an outstanding experience overall.