Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Excellent
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 12, 2017
Very good place to work. The work environment was exceptional with personal willing to assist one at any given time. I recommend this organizations one hundred percent.
Like it
Adjunct Faculty, Palm Beach Community College (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I liked working at Palm Beach College and would have liked to have had a full time position but not were open at the time. They offer a large variety of classes.
Adjunct Professor is a great match for me.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoy interacting online, part time with mature College level students. In the past, I've trained our Directory Assistance (a.k.a. 411) customers worldwide. I've also taught in the Palm Beach Public school district the children were a little immature, so it was a challenge.
I've been in Tech Support my entire career & I love troubleshooting.
Great place to work.
Manager of Testing Center (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Everyday is very routine and it's an enjoyable place to work. A typical day of work would involve having discussions with faculty and other staff members on how to improve my department operation to service their needs.One of the best place I ever work.
Pros
Work life Balance
School
Editor, Motherhood - Student Short Film (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2017
School. School is school. Not a good film program. Would never recommend. I did learn some valuable things though,wasn't a complete waste. I need to gill 150 characters
Awesome place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 6, 2017
It was a family there, everyone helped everyone and we worked together as a team. It was sad to leave after nine years of employment, I received my education there, but I had to look for better pay.
Pros
everything
Cons
education pays poorly - what a shame
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great working with others. Every day at work is always an eventful day. The hardest part of the job is locating all the materials for one event. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other students.
Pros
Interacting
Cons
short breaks
you are valued as an employee
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 10, 2017
Employees are valued but this is in no way reflected in the pay. This institution consistently pays the lowest of any college in the county and probably in the state.
Cons
the pay is way below average
Great place to create a good network
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 31, 2017
PBSC is a great environment , there are alot of great individual in campus. I am forever grateful for all te relationship I made there; a great place for young people to get connected and develop themselves and get involved in the community .
Pros
Fun environment if you get connected
Na
Medical Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 12, 2017
very lovely place i attended school there
fun, hard working professor.
good place to learn
focus on material and balance life
great advices after graduation
Nice Place to work with great opportunities
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 10, 2017
The school is perpetually developing and offering more and more opportunities for educators of all types to come and join their mission. They offer good benefits and a 401k. Flexible schedules. Employee Appreciation WEEK. Always in business.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
School
Dedicated teaching and support staff
Manager, Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 2, 2017
Tremendously dedicated faculty and staff who manage to provide high quality education in a large organization. Workplace culture could benefit from empowering faculty and staff in helping to set institutional policy and goals.
Work Study Position
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 30, 2017
I obtained this position at the college I was attending. It was a work study position. I worked assisted with organizing files for the office as they assisted with preparing high school students for college.
Pros
Felt Appreciated
Cons
Slow Pace, Minimal Pay
Great place to learn and work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Palm Beach State College. I learned a good deal, and there were so many opportunities for advancement. I worked in several different departments: Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Nutrition, just to name a few. I loved every moment of it. I would encourage anyone looking to continue learning and earning this would be a good place to start.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Guarded lunch breaks (too short)
ping pong table
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 16, 2017
good placc to play ping pong and have a good time with students. New science building with good air conditioning and new equipment. A bit on the cheap side,
Great environment for learning
Student Development Advisor 2 (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 14, 2017
I learned a tremendous amount at PBSC. It was a great experience that helped me further my career goals. I enjoyed the the company of my cohorts and was able to see students accomplish their goals as a result of their efforts, as well as ours.
Professional Work Place
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJune 12, 2017
This job was good for me because I didn't have to leave the campus after my classes were over to go to work. All I had to do were go down the stair to the next building. Great and nice professors as well.
Pros
Professional Work Place
Cons
No Con
Great Place To Work
Student Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 10, 2017
Great employees and a a flexible supervisor. Opportunities to learn new programs and continuous great professional development opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job was having contact with students on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Great for students but not as a career
Math & Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2017
This is great job while going to school or if you're working as an adjunct professor for the college to make up the hours. However, the hours that the center can provide per semester isn't enough to live on if you plan on doing this as your only job. Advancement isn't something that happens often either and the college has no qualms hiring from outside their current staff. There is no seniority when it comes to a promotion.
Pros
Caters to students, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No benefits, 27 hour a week limit, limited advancement within
The only way to get promoted, is if someone dies.
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 5, 2017
The school environment was cool and getting to work with other departments was fun, but management in my department was under developed and difficult to comprehend. Good people don't leave their jobs because of the task at hand, it's because of bad managers. FACT.