Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Had a great time there. Would go back.
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 9, 2017
The college was great to work for, for a multitude of reasons but the main one is flexability. It looks excellent on resume, they where willing to assign additional tasks and responsibilities that came with increase in pay, they honor work/school relationship and they help you build your future with great benefits including schooling.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Corporate structure
Amazing workplace, but not very financially rewarding
OPS (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 15, 2016
PBSC was a really enjoyable place to work. Management was very lax and helpful while remaining as strict as necessary. The workplace itself was somewhat busy, but enjoyable.

A normal day would generally consist of interacting with dozens or even hundreds of individuals each day. We would do our best to help tutor people on the various courses we covered or in general computer usage.

The most difficult part of the job was trying to help so many people. We were often out-numbered twenty-to-one.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being challenged and working WITH students to accomplish things rather than just showing them. It was awesome to see people grow and take on greater challenges after being with us. Some even to the extent of surpassing us.
Pros
Fun workplace, Lax management
Cons
Very busy, Somewhat low pay/hours
Great opportunity
Phi Theta Kappa Alpha Gamma Sigma President (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 29, 2016
I am so happy to take on this position, and the life long benefits are more than I ever expected. PTK is a great platform for a student's future professionally, and educationally.
Pros
scholarships, friends, travel opportunities, networking, leadership, volunteering
Active and fun workplace with consistent change.
Angela Allen, Student Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410December 9, 2016
I enjoyed my Work Study program at Palm Beach State College because there was always something different to work on, whether it be advertising for the upcoming events or coordinating the events themselves.
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Work-Study Student/ New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I loved being able to help students everyday. I would help them with anything they needed such as registering for classes, directing them to the proper department, and answering the phones.
Benefits good,Job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 29, 2016
Every company has its pro and cons. its a great place to work you have holidays off.every department is different. some departments are slow some are busy.
Cons
everyone work load is different, some have more job duties than others
Productive, fun and great learning environment
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 29, 2016
I helped student complete assignments especially research papers, I review their citations weather it was APA or MLA format. As I was present in every class, to be sure I new the exact information about the assignment, I learned more in every session I attended. The professor I had to work with became my mentor and it was a pleasure to work with and for her. I believe the hardest part of this job was to keep the students focused on the assignment at hand and not wonder into their own world. However, it was a pleasure to witness their improvement and their happiness as they earned higher grades.
Pros
Daily learning experience
Cons
Students who were not interested to learn
Learning job
Ops Professional Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Florida, lake worthJuly 9, 2016
I worked in the math lab and I tutor approximately 20 students per day. The environment is really nice and welcoming. I learn new things (math related) every day and also I keep my brain busy and active I also have the opportunity to guide students when it comes to school.
easy entry level job for students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2016
easy job with opportunites to learn about the school, Fun working environment but no room for advancement in the job.
making advertisements and helping the school with planning events and helping with club planning and events for the clubs as well
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 21, 2016
It was my first time working in a professional environment and i loved it. I've learned some much from my coworkers. I love helping the students will all the info they need to know about the college. Recruit new student in a daily base.
Great Job while being a student
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 4, 2016
Learned how to communicate with different populations effectively.
Management was willing to work around school schedule.
Pros
Got to meet important people within the university
Palm Beach State College offers excellent education and training
Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 19, 2016
Highly qualified professors and instructors ensure all students receive the education for which they are enrolled.
Productive place to assist student development
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
Opportunity to advance is limited. Advancement depends on who you know in this district. Professional development is excellent though
Pros
Security
Cons
Advancement is minimal
Productive, enjoyable,
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLMarch 5, 2016
My experience was great. I learned a lot and was able to improve my interpersonal skills due to all the one to one interactions that I had on a daily basis with the students. I learned better communication skills. My coworkers were good; we worked together. The hardest part of the job was seeing the students struggle and try hard to pass a class or a test and not doing so well because of other circumstances. The most enjoyable part was when the students that I helped came back and thanked me for the improvement they had in their grades.
Pros
Allow me to work with my school and family schedule
Cons
benefits were limited
Student Assistant for Talent Search (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 26, 2016
 Secondary point of contact for students, faculty/staff calling the main administrative office
 Maintain and clean environment in the office
 Filling administrative documents
 Data input for the Department
 Organizing file cabinets and folders
Productive Work Place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I work as a work study student, so you can guess that the pay is low, but other than that I love the environment. People are friendly here and we get along pretty well.
Pros
Awesome Environment
Cons
Pay is low
Ops
Accounting & Anatomy Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 21, 2016
Easy going job. Diverse work environment.Everyone is willing to help you. Great learning environment. Tutor about 5 students a day but t varies dependent on testing time for students
Very fun internship
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 5, 2015
While attending Palm Beach State College in 2012, I applied for an internship within the Creative Relations & Marketing department located within the Lake Worth campus. While there, I was able to see how the design field I was going to school for would look first hand. After being placed in this enviroment, it challenged the way I thought creatively and helped improve my design work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Non-paid Internship, small department with next to zero room for advancement
Fun workplace
Student Assistant- Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 26, 2015
This job gave me the opportunity to interact with a very diverse group of students and citizens. I was able to help those citizens that were in need of help, and I was able to give students positive advise.
Pros
helping people
Cons
pay and benefits
As a student
Education (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 16, 2015
I would say Palm Beach State is a pretty good community college and has the fundamentals to succeed and they do have whatever you need to complete degrees and is a way cheaper route instead of going straight to a University.
Pros
varitey of Degrees
Cons
locations are limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4