Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

It was great to work at Palm Beach State College as a Math Professor.
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 19, 2017
As a Math Professor, I did enjoy working at Palm Beach State College. It's fun to teach college students. The most enjoyable part is when I am teaching a class where all the students understood the prerequisite one.
The hardest part is when I have to grade the papers and report grades while having a dead line.
In overall, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Great to chose a convenient schedule as adjunct professor
Cons
Professors really enjoy the break time during classes
productive and fun workplace
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 29, 2017
I like working at palm Beach State College. You interact with different people, students, professors, etc... It is a productive and fun environment. The management of Palm Beach College is fair and can be negotiable. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily. If you like your job, you will be a able to conquer anything.
Mediocore environment
Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 10, 2017
The work environment at PBSC has changed over the years. I have been employed with PBSC for ten plus years and I appreciate the skills and experiences I have garnished throughout that time. If you enjoy working in an educational settings, then this will be the ideal place for you.
This was my first job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 27, 2017
I have no complaints because out of all my jobs this one was the most memorable. You don't have coworkers, you have a family!
A great place for work balance.
Interim Payroll Manager - Project (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A great place for work balance, and also learn other areas of the other depatments. The college allows their employees the opportunity to applied for other positions.
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Work-Study Student/ New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I loved being able to help students everyday. I would help them with anything they needed such as registering for classes, directing them to the proper department, and answering the phones.
Had a great time there. Would go back.
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 9, 2017
The college was great to work for, for a multitude of reasons but the main one is flexability. It looks excellent on resume, they where willing to assign additional tasks and responsibilities that came with increase in pay, they honor work/school relationship and they help you build your future with great benefits including schooling.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Corporate structure
Amazing workplace, but not very financially rewarding
OPS (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 15, 2016
PBSC was a really enjoyable place to work. Management was very lax and helpful while remaining as strict as necessary. The workplace itself was somewhat busy, but enjoyable.

A normal day would generally consist of interacting with dozens or even hundreds of individuals each day. We would do our best to help tutor people on the various courses we covered or in general computer usage.

The most difficult part of the job was trying to help so many people. We were often out-numbered twenty-to-one.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being challenged and working WITH students to accomplish things rather than just showing them. It was awesome to see people grow and take on greater challenges after being with us. Some even to the extent of surpassing us.
Pros
Fun workplace, Lax management
Cons
Very busy, Somewhat low pay/hours
Active and fun workplace with consistent change.
Angela Allen, Student Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410December 9, 2016
I enjoyed my Work Study program at Palm Beach State College because there was always something different to work on, whether it be advertising for the upcoming events or coordinating the events themselves.
Great opportunity
Phi Theta Kappa Alpha Gamma Sigma President (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 29, 2016
I am so happy to take on this position, and the life long benefits are more than I ever expected. PTK is a great platform for a student's future professionally, and educationally.
Pros
scholarships, friends, travel opportunities, networking, leadership, volunteering
Benefits good,Job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 29, 2016
Every company has its pro and cons. its a great place to work you have holidays off.every department is different. some departments are slow some are busy.
Cons
everyone work load is different, some have more job duties than others
Palm Beach State College offers excellent education and training
Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 19, 2016
Highly qualified professors and instructors ensure all students receive the education for which they are enrolled.
Learning job
Ops Professional Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Florida, lake worthJuly 9, 2016
I worked in the math lab and I tutor approximately 20 students per day. The environment is really nice and welcoming. I learn new things (math related) every day and also I keep my brain busy and active I also have the opportunity to guide students when it comes to school.
Great Job while being a student
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 4, 2016
Learned how to communicate with different populations effectively.
Management was willing to work around school schedule.
Pros
Got to meet important people within the university
easy entry level job for students
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 30, 2016
easy job with opportunites to learn about the school, Fun working environment but no room for advancement in the job.
making advertisements and helping the school with planning events and helping with club planning and events for the clubs as well
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 21, 2016
It was my first time working in a professional environment and i loved it. I've learned some much from my coworkers. I love helping the students will all the info they need to know about the college. Recruit new student in a daily base.
Productive place to assist student development
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 8, 2016
Opportunity to advance is limited. Advancement depends on who you know in this district. Professional development is excellent though
Pros
Security
Cons
Advancement is minimal
Productive, fun and great learning environment
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 29, 2016
I helped student complete assignments especially research papers, I review their citations weather it was APA or MLA format. As I was present in every class, to be sure I new the exact information about the assignment, I learned more in every session I attended. The professor I had to work with became my mentor and it was a pleasure to work with and for her. I believe the hardest part of this job was to keep the students focused on the assignment at hand and not wonder into their own world. However, it was a pleasure to witness their improvement and their happiness as they earned higher grades.
Pros
Daily learning experience
Cons
Students who were not interested to learn
Overall, decent place to work
Program Grant Director (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 23, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work, engaging with the community through higher education. There are many first generation in college students and PBSC is a wonderful resource. It has to be a labor of love, however, because the wages are below market rate for the same skill sets elsewhere.
In 2015, a new college President was hired. and much of the leadership is in flux (many people retiring) so it is an interesting time to observe changes. There are several campuses, each has its own personality and very different policies, which can be challenging for staff and students. The President is working to unify the college to a greater degree.
Most classes are taught by adjunct faculty who are, unfortunately, not considered when it comes to strategic planning. There is a lot of fear between full-time faculty (Union) and administration. This impacts staff is various ways, mostly in the lack of accountability in how faculty treat the staff (and sometimes the students). Some are very rude and unprofessional, far worse than in University environments in which I have worked.
Pros
Two weeks off over winter break, good people, positive changes happening
Cons
Heavy reliance on adjunct faculty, Dysfunctional relationship between leadership and faculty Union, Ancient EPR system, very strange hiring practices in HR, Below market wages, Out of touch Board of Trustees, Some very rude faculty who are not student centered
Productive Work Place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 11, 2016
I work as a work study student, so you can guess that the pay is low, but other than that I love the environment. People are friendly here and we get along pretty well.
Pros
Awesome Environment
Cons
Pay is low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4