Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

As a student
Education (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 16, 2015
I would say Palm Beach State is a pretty good community college and has the fundamentals to succeed and they do have whatever you need to complete degrees and is a way cheaper route instead of going straight to a University.
Pros
varitey of Degrees
Cons
locations are limited
Very fun internship
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 5, 2015
While attending Palm Beach State College in 2012, I applied for an internship within the Creative Relations & Marketing department located within the Lake Worth campus. While there, I was able to see how the design field I was going to school for would look first hand. After being placed in this enviroment, it challenged the way I thought creatively and helped improve my design work.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Non-paid Internship, small department with next to zero room for advancement
Scholarship Coordinator/Career Coach (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 18, 2015
I enjoyed my time employed at Palm Beach State College. The only I had was that of being undercompensated. Nevertheless, if it weren't for having to relocate, I would have remained there and try to make it a career.
Pros
All around great place to work
postive enviorment
Student Government (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 18, 2015
great place to work for, flexible schedule, great employee's, The pay is great, the work environment is not bad. The Supervisor's are extremely laid back and understanding.
Faculty and staff are very supportive
Adjunct Instructor- 911 Dispatch Academy (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 6, 2015
Great working atmosphere. They have lock down procedures in place to keep staff and students safe.
Campus security is always on site and visible. The campus grounds are safe even at night.
Awesome work place
Computer Helpdesk/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 5, 2015
Palm Beach Garden Campus is an awesome place and the people is awesome to work with. Loved working with the customers and helping to solve their computers, printers, network or phone issues.
fun workplace to be
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Boca ratonAugust 26, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for this company. It was a great experience and every one in this workplace was friendly. I developed some new skills, and had more costumer service experience.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLAugust 17, 2015
Working as Lab assistant in the Natural Science building, allows science majors the opportunity to gain knowledge and hands on experience in a Lab. Also, allows students to build relationships with peers and professors.
Casual but professional work environment
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2015
Everyday was a different day working for Palm Beach State College(PBSC). I, personally, really enjoyed working for them. The feeling of being able to help a student learn more about a subject. That feeling i got when we would finally break the wall down that got a student stuck on a particular area of the subject. A lot of my Co-workers were friends, which made coming to work more enjoyable. There was nothing i disliked about working for PBSC and at the end of the day i knew i had helped a student with something they did not understand before hand.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
N/A
great workplace, loved working there
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake worth FLJuly 5, 2015
learning environment, great staff, fun, clean and organized, some of the best equipment used on daily basis. flexible schedule, local cafeteria
Great place to work!
Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical work day involved helping students develop skills they need to progress to ENC1101, disbursing, and grading exams. Learned how to be a better helper and adapt to different styles of learning. Management was the best! Co-workers were the best! Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was helping students and the positive work environment.
Great work place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake WorthMay 27, 2015
I've been at PBSC as an adjunct instructor for 3 years and LOVE IT! Very friendly co-workers and great atmosphere. Main campus: Lake Worth
Cons
n/a
Extremely fun job with lots of human interaction
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth FloridaMay 26, 2015
This job was very good as you got to interact with everybody and work at whatever pace was suitable for you. The management team was also superb doing everything to make sure you were comfortable even buying sweaters.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Lack of hours
Comfortable and friendly work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 22, 2015
Although full-time tenured positions are few, the environment is friendly and supportive for adjuncts. Teaching schedules are flexible, professional services are available, and opportunities exist for inclusion and advancement.
Fun and productive workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 10, 2015
Very busy day and always learning something new. I enjoyed the events that we had done and also the people I was working with was very humble and team players.
Pros
Team work
Cons
short breaks
My department functions like a team should and runs like a well oiled machine because of it.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 30, 2015
Everyday provides for new opportunities to improve our overall performance. I have learned that perfection is a constant journey. I work with an excellent team and because of that I look forward to coming in to work each day. The hardest part of my job is wishing that I could do more. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting everything accomplished without incident and going out of my way to give others assistance in any capacity.
Fun place to work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 16, 2015
Working with the average college students.
Aiding them to release the stress of the college life.
Wonderful, fun, and caring coworkers.
Harderst part of the job is the people that come in with complaints about parking.
Pros
Meet different people on a weekly basis.
Cons
Complaints on unnecessary things.
Great place to learn while working to gain experiences
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 7, 2015
Great place to learn while working to gain computer experience. Some days were relaxed and other days were very hectic, especially when computer servers were down or network virus invasion. However, co-workers were very helpful.
Engaging work environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work includes welcoming my students to class while everyone signs the attendance. Students will then proceed to complete a five minute activity while all housekeeping duties are finished. We will then engage in discussion/lecture of the assigned reading, then engage in a hands-on activity carefully planned to extend on the knowledge acquired during reading and discussions. We will then wrap up with an oral or written assessment.
organized and manageable workplace
Associate of Arts Degree (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJanuary 28, 2015
I loved going to work everyone got along we were a team that treated each other like family. there was very few altercations and problems everyone worked together t solve problems and avoid them. I loved controlling the cameras from the camera room. The hard part was actually recording on the camera because you had to be very alert to avoid mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Beach State College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4