Palm Beach State College Employee Reviews

Productive place, environment was okay.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 30, 2017
I was a student worker so I didn't really get much benefits but it is a great place to work if you are a college student and looking for a part-time job.
Pros
Class was nearby
Cons
Not that many hours, pay was okay.
Helping All State College students
English/Reading Tutor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 17, 2017
I very much enjoyed my tutoring experience at Palm Beach State College. My students were very engaged and it was very rewarding helping them. I also enjoyed woring with my coworkers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
no healthcare
Hard to advance
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 10, 2017
Get a lot of time off but the problem is the amount paid to Administrative Assistants is very low so it is hard to enjoy the time off due to finances. Hard to advance because people tend to stay since there is job security.
Pros
Vacation and days off
Cons
Compensation is low
Nice environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 6, 2017
It is a nice place to work. The management team rsre use time to get to know you. I believe that is why they are constantly in need of adjunct faculty.
rewarding workng with students
Faculty Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 2, 2017
Rewarding working with students. Preceptor for clinical rotations and skills testing. Worked with 6 students 2 days per week in rehab setting. Rewarding and challenging.
Pros
Cons
money
Extremely professional institute of higher education
TRIO Program Grant Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 28, 2017
A great place to work, interact with high level professionals and passionately provide academic services to students. Pay and benefits are industry competitive.
It was great to work at Palm Beach State College as a Math Professor.
Mathematics Professor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLApril 19, 2017
As a Math Professor, I did enjoy working at Palm Beach State College. It's fun to teach college students. The most enjoyable part is when I am teaching a class where all the students understood the prerequisite one.
The hardest part is when I have to grade the papers and report grades while having a dead line.
In overall, it's a great company to work for.
Pros
Great to chose a convenient schedule as adjunct professor
Cons
Professors really enjoy the break time during classes
productive and fun workplace
Full-time employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 29, 2017
I like working at palm Beach State College. You interact with different people, students, professors, etc... It is a productive and fun environment. The management of Palm Beach College is fair and can be negotiable. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily. If you like your job, you will be a able to conquer anything.
Mediocore environment
Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 10, 2017
The work environment at PBSC has changed over the years. I have been employed with PBSC for ten plus years and I appreciate the skills and experiences I have garnished throughout that time. If you enjoy working in an educational settings, then this will be the ideal place for you.
This was my first job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 27, 2017
I have no complaints because out of all my jobs this one was the most memorable. You don't have coworkers, you have a family!
A great place for work balance.
Interim Payroll Manager - Project (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A great place for work balance, and also learn other areas of the other depatments. The college allows their employees the opportunity to applied for other positions.
Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Work-Study Student/ New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I loved being able to help students everyday. I would help them with anything they needed such as registering for classes, directing them to the proper department, and answering the phones.
Had a great time there. Would go back.
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJanuary 9, 2017
The college was great to work for, for a multitude of reasons but the main one is flexability. It looks excellent on resume, they where willing to assign additional tasks and responsibilities that came with increase in pay, they honor work/school relationship and they help you build your future with great benefits including schooling.
Pros
Too many to list
Cons
Corporate structure
Amazing workplace, but not very financially rewarding
OPS (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 15, 2016
PBSC was a really enjoyable place to work. Management was very lax and helpful while remaining as strict as necessary. The workplace itself was somewhat busy, but enjoyable.

A normal day would generally consist of interacting with dozens or even hundreds of individuals each day. We would do our best to help tutor people on the various courses we covered or in general computer usage.

The most difficult part of the job was trying to help so many people. We were often out-numbered twenty-to-one.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being challenged and working WITH students to accomplish things rather than just showing them. It was awesome to see people grow and take on greater challenges after being with us. Some even to the extent of surpassing us.
Pros
Fun workplace, Lax management
Cons
Very busy, Somewhat low pay/hours
Active and fun workplace with consistent change.
Angela Allen, Student Activities Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410December 9, 2016
I enjoyed my Work Study program at Palm Beach State College because there was always something different to work on, whether it be advertising for the upcoming events or coordinating the events themselves.
Great opportunity
Phi Theta Kappa Alpha Gamma Sigma President (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 29, 2016
I am so happy to take on this position, and the life long benefits are more than I ever expected. PTK is a great platform for a student's future professionally, and educationally.
Pros
scholarships, friends, travel opportunities, networking, leadership, volunteering
Benefits good,Job security
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 29, 2016
Every company has its pro and cons. its a great place to work you have holidays off.every department is different. some departments are slow some are busy.
Cons
everyone work load is different, some have more job duties than others
Palm Beach State College offers excellent education and training
Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 19, 2016
Highly qualified professors and instructors ensure all students receive the education for which they are enrolled.
Learning job
Ops Professional Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Florida, lake worthJuly 9, 2016
I worked in the math lab and I tutor approximately 20 students per day. The environment is really nice and welcoming. I learn new things (math related) every day and also I keep my brain busy and active I also have the opportunity to guide students when it comes to school.
Great Job while being a student
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 4, 2016
Learned how to communicate with different populations effectively.
Management was willing to work around school schedule.
Pros
Got to meet important people within the university