Palm Beach Tan

Palm Beach Tan Employer Reviews

Always achieving store goals
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Norridge, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: commission based
Cons: selling out of products
- Main point of contact for all customer service related issues.
- Accountable for assets and proper record keeping.
- Product and service Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for both hiring and discharging employees.
- Greeting all customers upon arrival.
Temporary Job
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free tanning, great employees/manager, helped with selling and building a relationship with customers
Cons: no benefits, horrible pay, inconsiderate owners, no respect
A typical Day is slow and boring hard to stay busy. Learned to find things to do and stay busy. Management is great, owners not so much. Co-workers are great girls. Hardest part is finding things to do to stay busy, Enjoyable part is building a relationship with co-workers and regular customers
Tanning Industry
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Decatur ALNovember 7, 2014
Typical Day of work consists of tanning customers while trying to sell products such as lotions, upgrades, etc. Giving each customer individual customer service. Maintaining a clean work environment. Answer phone calls, and any questions the caller may have. Open/close the store, take daily deposits and count down drawers.
Not for me
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: tanning products
Cons: manager
Manager was really mean and played favorites. Co workers were nice and customers were nice. It's a numbers game.
Fun, friendly staff
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 3, 2014
Various package options and levels of equipment. Great co-workers and customers. The computer system is easy to learn and use.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Searcy, AROctober 18, 2014
I love working at Palm Beach Tan. I have been able to build relationships with clients and learn about selling products and services.
Great company with room for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), Norridge, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, growth, fun atmosphere and accomidating schedule.
Cons: low pay
Palm Beach Tan has been a great learning experience for personal and developmental growth within the company. It has strengthened my ability to multitask, become a stronger leader as well as great sales person and has taught me many valuable lessons about being in management.
good place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
friendly environment, everyone that works there is willing to help with any issue
Fun Educational work enviroment
Assistant Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2014
I loved working for palm beach tan. There is a lot of room for adavancement in the company.
Palm Beach Tan
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Coppell, TexasSeptember 25, 2014
This company is amazing. It makes it very open to progress, and easily promote very fast. They have awesome people who work their and they are all very friendly and helping you in way to make sure that you can understand the concept of the company as a whole.
Whoever some of the management wasn't the nicest, they are a great team all around.
Very slow, boring environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Severna Park, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: very slow store
To greet customers and check them in
Try to get customers to sign up for memberships
make sure salon is clean
very fun and upbeat
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Evans, GASeptember 10, 2014
educate customers on safety of tanning
learned alot about skin and how it tans
it really was not a hard job
fun part was meeting a bunch of new people
Good
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), American Fork, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Palm Beach was a very fun place for me to work. I loved the clients and most of the staff. I was put through so much training to be able to sell products and memberships, but it was all very worth the time and effort spent. The tanning consultants were constantly being pushed and motivated to do better, and it was an overall positive experience.
Loved it!
Consultant (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: no breaks
I enjoyed my time very much at Palm Beach! I would love to still be working there. I made so many friends with not only co-workers but also customers. If I didn't have to move, theres no doubt in my mind that I would still be here.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasAugust 22, 2014
Palm Beach Tan was a good first job. I got customer service experience as well as a feel for what working is like and what is expected of me as an employee of a company.
A great company overall.
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Florence, ALAugust 14, 2014
I was thrilled to try my hand at sales. We were paid partly on commission, so the number of customers we processed was divided by the number of products we sold. I discovered I had quite a talent for sales and became rather ambitious thereafter. I enjoyed the control that commission gave me over my take-home money. Since then, I very much looked forward – more... to another opportunity to have a job where sales is the primary focus. – less
Do not recommend working here
Store manager (Former Employee), Corona, Chino, Orange County, Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free tanning
Cons: negative work environment, horrible pay, no benefits
This is not a good company to work for. Salon managers eat, sleep, and breath Palm Beach Tan and only get paid $10 an hour with no possibility of a pay raise, pay raises do not exist with this company. There are also no benefits what so ever. Nothing but negative feedback from upper management even if your store is excelling with sales. They act as – more... if their managers are disposable. They do not care about the well being of their managers who RUN THEIR BUSINESS FOR THEM. – less
Palm Beach Tans
Retail Sales Consultant/ Head Shift Leader (Current Employee), Russellville, ARAugust 4, 2014
Is an enjoyable place to work. They offer flexible hours, and are willing to work around your schedule. The management is very helpful and if your willing to learn they can teach you.
fun enviroment
Tanning Consultant/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: free tanning
Cons: all about the numbers and what you sell
Loved my job on a day to day basis. I would have loved to make management though. everyone I worked with was very fun and became friends
Awesome place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin TXJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at Palm Beach Tan was peaceful! I loved all the customers that came in, and the employees on my team! • Receptionist and account management – was a big part of my duties.
• Friendly and helpful
• Met or exceeded sales goals
• Managed shift accounts
• Provided a clean and sterile tanning environment
• Knowledgeable of proper cleaning methods
 – more... Safe and thorough sterilization of tanning beds and materials.
I wouldn't agree with Tanning in Texas because it's hot enough here already. Since it is so hot in Texas, I do understand why people would want to be in the AC getting their tan on rather than to be outside. I just try to have balance with everything, and I think that every thing in moderation is the way to go about life. – less

1 2 3 4 5