Palm Beach Tan Employee Reviews

Starts out as a good company to work for...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2017
Unpaid overtime, they expect you to be on-call 24/7, don't expect to have time for your family, schooling or anything else outside of work, and if you don't kiss up to the powers that be, advancement or acknowledgment for a job well done is hard to come by...
Pros
Free Tanning and Discounted Products
Cons
See review.
LOVE the free tanning but not a good job
Tanning Consultant/Key Holder/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 23, 2017
This company is just to intertwined and all the managers act like royalty. There is a lot more going on here then anyone knows. They say school comes first because most employees are college students but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Would not Recommend
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 20, 2017
Aside from write ups being tossed around constantly, upper management is very uncaring and unhelpful. During slow season, your job security is always under threat and your hours can be cut due to numbers regardless of foot traffic. Auditor comes monthly and your score depends mostly on her mood. No way to get a pay raise but to go into management, which brings a whole new level of stress. If you go into overtime you'll be written up. Upper management plays favorites and pits employees against each other. Love my assistant manager but the higher you get the more tense it becomes.
Pros
Free membership, product discounts
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work!
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PASeptember 16, 2017
Learned lots of great things here ! Costumer service , helping clients out etc.. very fun, laid back place to work . Great management !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cut throat place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Unrealistic performance expectations by management. only top management is rewarded. same people year after year, very sexiest.
guess it's an OK first job but don't stay too long.
drama filled
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 13, 2017
It was a job tht i loved, it was usually fun to work at, but there was jsut to much drama, to much talking bad about eachother to eachother all of the time. I could no longer work in that invironment.
Pros
fun, free tanning
Cons
drama, bad managment
Micro managed company with little to zero benefits
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 12, 2017
I have worked with Palm Beach for years now, and I have never received a raise. I would make more working at Mcdonalds, and would not be under as much stress as I am at Palm Beach Tan. I love the customers, and love some of the management. But the compensation is not there, and I do not feel valued.
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Long hours, a lot of stress, terrible management, no advancement
Always fun
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 11, 2017
Loved working here. You always had great hours and the commission was really good. The staff was very friendly as well as the entire company. Very supportive.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
lack of breaks
It was definitely a learning experience
Sales Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 11, 2017
This job helped me grow in my people skills and I learned a lot about growing in my abilities. I only worked at this job for eight months because I ended college and needed to gain Practicum experience for my college degree.
benefits
Cons
the work environment was very dramatic
Fun and fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Fast paced and rewarding! Great incentives to work hard and advance in the company! Great employee discounts and great commission opportunities! Love the people and the employees!
AWFUL management
Manager in Training/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The managers are absolutely ridiculously awful. They write you up for things that they didn't even teach you how to do or tell you how to do or just things that are not your fault in any way. Also scheduling is ridiculous you have to tell them at least two weeks in advance if you need a certain time off and have someone to cover you and you have to call several hours in advance if you can't make it to your shift because of emergency and have your shift covered or you'll be written up. These are the most negative people I've ever come across in my life. Anything that goes wrong in the company is the fault of the consultants. The management in general focuses on the wrong things. This is an absolutely awful company. I'm embarrassed for them. They lose employees constantly. Don't work here if you don't want to be miserable.
Pros
Free membership
Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 3, 2017
Working at pbt was fun but managers are terrible toward employees and they don't do anything. Most times when you're cleaning or helping customers they sit there on their phones or just go hide in the back
Pros
Free tanning
Cons
Low pay, bad management
Great work place
Certified Tanning Consultant , sales (Former Employee) –  Grandview Heights, OHAugust 30, 2017
If you like to be competitive in sales and you enjoy having fun while working in a fast pace environment then palm beach tan is a job for you . Also must have patients for people and great customer service skills .
Poor management.
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 28, 2017
I believe Palm Beach Tan has a ton of potential to be a great place to work. For me kit was both bad timing and horrible management to work for. No communication from the boss, hours are not guaranteed, just kind of seems like a business that is all over the place.
Pros
Free tanning, Commission.
Cons
You work alone with no breaks, and they need new management.
Fun people and quick paced
Tan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 24, 2017
It was a fun job Ii was able to move up really quick to a shift lead. kept you on your toes and had you moving all day long employees made the job more enjoyable.
Pros
free tanning.
Cons
long hours early mornings
workaholic
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 23, 2017
Upper management is rude and very negative but at the store level, its great! I love my clients and team and have made new friends from all the people I have been able to meet. The job itself is not hard but very repetitive and lots of cleaning. I personally poor myself into my work and its still not good enough for corporate. Very rarely receiving positive feedback. Great first job for those that are natural in sales and customer service.
Pros
free tanning and discounts
Cons
work hours +40
Fun place to work
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 22, 2017
Free Tanning as an employee is a huge benefit!
As a consultant, you will be expected to keep up with numbers and product sells.
Need strong aspects of customer service and confidentiality
Job Summary
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 21, 2017
This is a great place to work. They are very flexible and the environment is wonderful. The location is great and we are always very busy. The Clients are very kind to new employees
Palm Beach Tan
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2017
Working at palm beach tan is okay. You need to understand how to sell items and work with customers. You have to clean and keep a healthy work environment. Easy job, sometimes stressful.
Pros
commission
Cons
No lunch breaks, no raises unless moved up to manager which is very limited
Very fun great customers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 17, 2017
Absoluty loved working here! Great customers and upper managment was great. I enjoyed training all the new hires as well as watching them succeed! I learned how to maintain a successful business and how important customer service is.