Palm Beach Tan

Palm Beach Tan Employer Reviews

working for palm beach tan was exhausting
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2015
Working for palm beach was exhausting.
working late till 11pm then having to be in at 6am the next morning.
no breaks.

I did not enjoy working for palm beach tan
A great opportunity for a young college student or not interested in getting a college degree
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
PROS: Hourly + commission + bonuses, ability to move up within the company, flexible schedules, free tanning, 50% off products, build relationships with staff members and clients

CONS: mostly have to manage store all by yourself (fulfill every position in the store), store monthly budget can affect scheduling, don't get paid as much as should or rewarded as should based on all that is expected, drama within the store, districts, or markets (word gets around fast and there is no privacy), the company is not realistic with numbers and does not realize that the tanning market has been declining more and more every year, promotions from the company are not well thought through when they expect the employees to meet their monthly goals but can't
Fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2015
I loved working there each day was different and I had the opportunity to interact with many people on a daily basis. I was able to develop more leadership skills and still have fun! The staff and company as a whole was very fun and caring! I learned a lot about retail sales and ways to sell to people who would not normally buy
Laid back workplace
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJanuary 8, 2015
This job was team based but also a great place for personal excellent. I earned an hour pay but also commission on top. It was my duty to open/close the store down everyday, and to take account for all money taken/given out for the day. I was in charge of a team of 4-6 employees at a time and also assigned daily cleaning duties to each of the employees.

I truly enjoyed the interaction between this company and its customers.
Easy job, bad management and poor pay for work
Tanning Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free tanning, 1/2 off products
Cons: no brakes, poor management
Work alone a lot high turn over rate due to poor pay.
lots of cleaning and a complicated computer system, i always work alone and I'm new yet when customers come in i look helpless because I haven't been taught on all promotions and or products. so i can't help customers.
Always achieving store goals
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Norridge, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: commission based
Cons: selling out of products
- Main point of contact for all customer service related issues.
- Accountable for assets and proper record keeping.
- Product and service Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for both hiring and discharging employees.
- Greeting all customers upon arrival.
Temporary Job
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free tanning, great employees/manager, helped with selling and building a relationship with customers
Cons: no benefits, horrible pay, inconsiderate owners, no respect
A typical Day is slow and boring hard to stay busy. Learned to find things to do and stay busy. Management is great, owners not so much. Co-workers are great girls. Hardest part is finding things to do to stay busy, Enjoyable part is building a relationship with co-workers and regular customers
Tanning Industry
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Decatur ALNovember 7, 2014
Typical Day of work consists of tanning customers while trying to sell products such as lotions, upgrades, etc. Giving each customer individual customer service. Maintaining a clean work environment. Answer phone calls, and any questions the caller may have. Open/close the store, take daily deposits and count down drawers.
Not for me
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: tanning products
Cons: manager
Manager was really mean and played favorites. Co workers were nice and customers were nice. It's a numbers game.
Fun, friendly staff
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 3, 2014
Various package options and levels of equipment. Great co-workers and customers. The computer system is easy to learn and use.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Searcy, AROctober 18, 2014
I love working at Palm Beach Tan. I have been able to build relationships with clients and learn about selling products and services.
Great company with room for growth
Store Manager (Current Employee), Norridge, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, growth, fun atmosphere and accomidating schedule.
Cons: low pay
Palm Beach Tan has been a great learning experience for personal and developmental growth within the company. It has strengthened my ability to multitask, become a stronger leader as well as great sales person and has taught me many valuable lessons about being in management.
good place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
friendly environment, everyone that works there is willing to help with any issue
Fun Educational work enviroment
Assistant Manager/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2014
I loved working for palm beach tan. There is a lot of room for adavancement in the company.
Palm Beach Tan
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Coppell, TexasSeptember 25, 2014
This company is amazing. It makes it very open to progress, and easily promote very fast. They have awesome people who work their and they are all very friendly and helping you in way to make sure that you can understand the concept of the company as a whole.
Whoever some of the management wasn't the nicest, they are a great team all around.
Very slow, boring environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Severna Park, MDSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: very slow store
To greet customers and check them in
Try to get customers to sign up for memberships
make sure salon is clean
very fun and upbeat
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Evans, GASeptember 10, 2014
educate customers on safety of tanning
learned alot about skin and how it tans
it really was not a hard job
fun part was meeting a bunch of new people
Good
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), American Fork, UTSeptember 3, 2014
Palm Beach was a very fun place for me to work. I loved the clients and most of the staff. I was put through so much training to be able to sell products and memberships, but it was all very worth the time and effort spent. The tanning consultants were constantly being pushed and motivated to do better, and it was an overall positive experience.
Loved it!
Consultant (Former Employee), Dothan, ALAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: no breaks
I enjoyed my time very much at Palm Beach! I would love to still be working there. I made so many friends with not only co-workers but also customers. If I didn't have to move, theres no doubt in my mind that I would still be here.
Good first job
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), San Antonio TexasAugust 22, 2014
Palm Beach Tan was a good first job. I got customer service experience as well as a feel for what working is like and what is expected of me as an employee of a company.

1 2 3 4 5