Palm Beach Tan Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2016
Management at PBT is ridiculous. They have broken the law by reducing peoples salary's without notifying them. They are rude to their employee's no matter how hard they work. Overall, I had a horrible experience here, and everyone who I worked with eventually quit because management was so unprofessional.
Cons
Everything, Schedule, Management, Work Environment
Positive company culture focusing on continuous growth within employees and business.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me starts with goal setting, follow-ups, and plans of action for the day, week, and month. Typically my day is based on regular store visits. The most of my time is spent with each Store Manager and Assistant Manager in the locations in my district, following up on sales performance, training, salon operations, customer service, labor costs, and local marketing. There are two other District Managers alongside me that I am thankful for due to consistent team work, and have became close friends of mine and compatible to work with. The hardest and easiest part of my job is ensuring I have "benchstrength" in place. Making sure I have staff currently as Store Managers, Assistant Managers, and associates in our management training program to further grow. My most enjoyable part of the job is along the same lines, I have a passion for training and developing people in their own roles and watching them succeed, grow, and perform through my trainings. It isn't tanning that has a place in my heart, it is what I do - build teams, training employees for management, and growing my district motivates me the most. I love goals, I love the challenge to achieve goals, and I love seeing results.
Pros
Benefits, perks, making my own schedule, training and developing employees
Cons
Career Growth above my role
It was fun due to working with people my age.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, ALNovember 17, 2016
We always had fun but we hardly ever worked with a manager. With the average age of employee being 19 it was hard to get them to do their jobs without someone watching over them.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Unorganized
Really did not like it
Key Holding Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 17, 2016
Just wasnt into it , especially since it was a commission based job . You get to tan and spray tan for free though which is nice. They are very very pushy.
Amazing opportunities
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
I've been working for the company for almost 4 years and have always had a positive experience. Since working at Palm beach tan, I've built many positive relationships with clients and coworkers. I also feel like I have grown intellectually and socially since being apart of the company. I look forward to going to work (I work at least 40 hours a week). If you are motivated to reach personal goals that are set by management and do your job, you will be very successful!
Pros
Job advantancement opportunities, room to grow, commission, helpful and professional upper management, friendly, fun environment
Great
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 8, 2016
Premium lotions (get 50% off)
High pressure beds you get to use for free.
Fun district manager!
Lots of knowledge given from the classes we get paid to go to.
Made great friends.
Promotions are easy if you do your job.
Unlimited money you can earn
More you want, more you make.
Good health dental and vision plans for cheap
benefits
Cons
hours
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2016
Palm Beach Tan is a very corporate salon chain with a great regional community. Exciting place to learn about a consistent professional work environment while having fun.
Pros
Free Tanning, Product Discounts, Team Building Events, Bonus Programs, Commission
Cons
No Breaks, Long Hours
Super fun place to work with awesome people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2016
Loved this place. Free tanning, everyone is friends but also competitive with each other because its a sales job. Management is wonderful, and there is a ton of room to advance. Hardest part of the job is keeping your sales up.
Pros
free tanning, lotion discounts, awesome staff
Cons
corporate is in Texas.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 2, 2016
The job is very fun and provides useful skills but does not show much room for growth higher then a store manager. Co-workers are amazing and very good as a support system.
Pros
Salary, Health Benefits
Cons
No work life balance, under compensated, no growth
Can be rewarding but management is terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 28, 2016
The actual job itself is awesome, you know your customers and can make awesome money in commission. However, upper management is a favoritism game. Certain stores are neglected, left unremodeled, etc. it just depends who you are and which store you are at. They'll find whatever reason they can to not pay out your bonus in full as well. As a manager you are on call 24/7 and there's no point in asking other stores to cover for you. you'll end up having to work it yet somehow arrange it so you don't hit overtime.
Also, NOTHING but drama. You'll know everyone from every other stores business.

This job is great for a single college student or someone with no other job or need for free time. Otherwise steer clear.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits
Cons
Upper Management (Regional Sales Manager and Owners)

Want to know more about Palm Beach Tan?

Ask a question
Pbt
Multi-Unit Salon Manager/ Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2016
-Make sure to individually, staff, and store hit goals
-set forth positive work culture
-make sure demands of clients are met
-oversee both of my stores
-oversee entire district/market to follow and compete to current number averages
Pros
I typically can set my own schedule.
Cons
Lack of breaks, lack of pay, not consistent
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 25, 2016
Fantastic company to work for. The girls felt like family. Everyone worked as a team. it was commission based but the products were fantastic and so were the equipment.
Fun/ Energetic Environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 19, 2016
co workers are great
learned how to resolve conflict, manage time
hardest part is managing school/work
management is great
typically perform daily cleaning duties, drawer counts, and product sales
Normal Day
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cold Spring, KY AND Latonia, KYOctober 17, 2016
I love it, just looking for another job. I learned that you need to be very cleanly, and to have patience. Even the best job in the world has it's rough days. The hardest part about the job would probably be losing a sale or having someone tell you after you have worked so hard to get a sale. However the most enjoyable part about the job is making friends, your clients, and the commission.
Lol good luck.
Tanning consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOOctober 9, 2016
Well they basically bought out every tanning salon in Saint Louis, so I had no choice but to work here. They lied to the customers and made us part timers tell customers about the transition, they were mad.
Worse work environment and management
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2016
If you don't mind for working minimum wage and cleaning like a slave than go for it! You will never get a raise even if you've been there for years and keep up with your performances. Very unprofessional and the fact the district managers talk about their employees like they are trash. I have never experienced something so horrible. Also closing by yourself late at night with no security with nothing but pretty young girls working at night, you never know what can happen.
Pros
free tanning!
Cons
everything else
Easy going and laid back job
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 7, 2016
Everyday, I would assist customers on signing up with memberships or selling products. I received commission on all my sales. I learned how to be a great saleswoman (thanks to my helpful coworkers and managers). There wasn't really anything difficult about this job. It is pretty simple. I loved meeting new people everyday and getting to know my regular customers.
Fast paced fun job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 6, 2016
Customer service was number one and when that was mastered the sales would follow. Confidence is key because its the most important factor in both sales and management.
Pros
Free tanning
An ok place to work
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 4, 2016
It's a great place to work if you are in your teens. There is stress put on selling all of the time which causes conflict with customers sometimes who are not able to buy. It also causes tension among employees if you are trying to sell because of it being commission based. It is a great company but not an overall enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Customer relationships built
Cons
No lunch breaks, pressure put on you to sell, tension between employees, upper management issues
Horrible
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILOctober 4, 2016
I loved working at Palm Beach tan, I even let the fact that I was only making 8.25 go because I enjoyed working there. Management absolutely sucks, they make you feel less than them at all times, they steal your commission and make you close everyday while they open and leave you with a mess. The district manager was a train wreck, she always set up unrealistic goals for us to achieve, and would be highly upset when we did not meet them, I don't recommend anyone to work for this company, they are so unprofessional and you will never move up, they also do not give raises, you have to be promoted and even when you become ASM it's only $10, which is nothing for what you do. You get paid so little for doing so much. Not worth it at all. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Free tanning, 50% off products.
Cons
Horrible management, doesn't give you a chance to move up, such little pay for a high end tanning salon, rude customers.