Palm Beach Tan

Palm Beach Tan Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with new experiences everyday
Salon Manager (Current Employee), Costa MesaMay 14, 2015
Pros: meeting great people everyday, making a difference in peoples days.
Cons: on call 24/7
Typical day at work would be completing my daily check list. Updating staff on new specials and training them in all areas. Running store numbers and reports, setting monthly/daily sales goals for staff. Calling new customers and handling customer issues. Calling delinquent accounts and collecting payments. Making weekly deposits to the bank. Ordering monthly supplies for the salon. Recruit, hire, and train staff. Send letters to surrounding businesses promoting my salon. Creating relationships with customers, providing excellent customer service. Maintain my personal sales goals when maintaining overall store moral.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Store Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2015
Business was very slow but was overall an easy and fun place to work.
I love the owners but wouldnt recommend working here unless you need very part time hours. perfect for while I was in high school
easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florence, KYMay 2, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: keeping sales numbers up
work independently most of the time. Corporate takes sales and cleaning very seriously. Store gets audit every month.
Great place to work! Never worked with a better group of people in my life.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: Easy Advancement, great pay, great potential for hours!
Cons: None
Typical day at work would be helping people by giving high quality customer service. Sharing our knowledge about safe tanning and using products. We all work together at Palm Beach to make sure our customers are very satisfied and they are getting high quality treatment. Hardest part of the job would be maintaining beds but even with all the training we have and our wonderful management and maintenance, our beds never stay down for long! Most enjoyable part about working at Palm Beach is suggesting new products to a customer to try and them coming back with great praise on your knowledge and how much they loved that product.
Tanning Consultant and Sales
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 26, 2015
Cleaned beds, towels and the store. Made sure that the customers had everything the needed, including lotions and memberships in which were sold to them if they were needed.
Great company!
MULTI UNIT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Midlothian, VAApril 23, 2015
Amazing place to work. The people are great. Always learning new things. Awesome pay and benefits. Very fun and rewarding!
Overview
SALES LEADER (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: free tanning, discount on products, management is supportive, some clients become your good friends.
Cons: some stores are short staffed and you have to travel, if you're sick it's not easy to get your shift covered
Typical day includes interacting with clients and selling them products or packages. During busy season I had to run around a lot in between selling, greeting clients, and cleaning to keep up on clean tanning beds.
The job is strongly focused on sales, you also work off commission so you have days where you make a lot of money and other days when you don't. At the location I worked at my coworkers were/are some of my best friends, this is not the case for all the other locations I know some had drama, but I think that also depends on who the manager is. Management was very supportive and worked with me on my schedule. I also traveled between different stores which is common, everyone works at different stores because they need help of some variety.
Ok
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: free tanning
I liked this job until the owner of the inland empire franchise told me that my job was more of a priority than my newborn daughter. If you are young and have nothing better to do work here,
productive and fun work place to keep you your feet :)
Sales associate (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 6, 2015
Pros: fanatstic skin care line up, state of the art tanning, sunless, and red light therapy equipment
Cons: health care benefits
Great place to grow, awesome work atmosphere, easy place to meet people from different walks of life, lots of hands on training that you can easily take with you and apply to any profession thereafter.
Employer's are very friendly and helpful
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Foley, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: discount products/ free tanning
Cons: pay is minimal unless you're a great sales person
I loved working here. I loved my customers and I had fun trying to compete with other employees on sales and commissions.
working for palm beach tan was exhausting
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 23, 2015
Working for palm beach was exhausting.
working late till 11pm then having to be in at 6am the next morning.
no breaks.

I did not enjoy working for palm beach tan
A great opportunity for a young college student or not interested in getting a college degree
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
PROS: Hourly + commission + bonuses, ability to move up within the company, flexible schedules, free tanning, 50% off products, build relationships with staff members and clients

CONS: mostly have to manage store all by yourself (fulfill every position in the store), store monthly budget can affect scheduling, don't get paid as much as should or rewarded as should based on all that is expected, drama within the store, districts, or markets (word gets around fast and there is no privacy), the company is not realistic with numbers and does not realize that the tanning market has been declining more and more every year, promotions from the company are not well thought through when they expect the employees to meet their monthly goals but can't
Fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 11, 2015
I loved working there each day was different and I had the opportunity to interact with many people on a daily basis. I was able to develop more leadership skills and still have fun! The staff and company as a whole was very fun and caring! I learned a lot about retail sales and ways to sell to people who would not normally buy
Laid back workplace
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Flowood, MSJanuary 8, 2015
This job was team based but also a great place for personal excellent. I earned an hour pay but also commission on top. It was my duty to open/close the store down everyday, and to take account for all money taken/given out for the day. I was in charge of a team of 4-6 employees at a time and also assigned daily cleaning duties to each of the employees.

I truly enjoyed the interaction between this company and its customers.
Easy job, bad management and poor pay for work
Tanning Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free tanning, 1/2 off products
Cons: no brakes, poor management
Work alone a lot high turn over rate due to poor pay.
lots of cleaning and a complicated computer system, i always work alone and I'm new yet when customers come in i look helpless because I haven't been taught on all promotions and or products. so i can't help customers.
Always achieving store goals
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Norridge, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: commission based
Cons: selling out of products
- Main point of contact for all customer service related issues.
- Accountable for assets and proper record keeping.
- Product and service Sales and Marketing
- Responsible for both hiring and discharging employees.
- Greeting all customers upon arrival.
Temporary Job
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free tanning, great employees/manager, helped with selling and building a relationship with customers
Cons: no benefits, horrible pay, inconsiderate owners, no respect
A typical Day is slow and boring hard to stay busy. Learned to find things to do and stay busy. Management is great, owners not so much. Co-workers are great girls. Hardest part is finding things to do to stay busy, Enjoyable part is building a relationship with co-workers and regular customers
Tanning Industry
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Decatur ALNovember 7, 2014
Typical Day of work consists of tanning customers while trying to sell products such as lotions, upgrades, etc. Giving each customer individual customer service. Maintaining a clean work environment. Answer phone calls, and any questions the caller may have. Open/close the store, take daily deposits and count down drawers.
Not for me
Tanning Consultant (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: tanning products
Cons: manager
Manager was really mean and played favorites. Co workers were nice and customers were nice. It's a numbers game.
Fun, friendly staff
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 3, 2014
Various package options and levels of equipment. Great co-workers and customers. The computer system is easy to learn and use.

1 2 3 4 5