Palm Beach Zoo Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed workplace with beautiful scenery.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
It is a great place to work if you don't mind not getting paid well. The staff is friendly and accommodating and being able to see exotic animals everyday is a real treat.
Pros
great co-workers, scenery, fun.
Cons
Pay, physical work, weather.
Definitely not what you think
Cashier processed sales of all tenders (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 29, 2014
No room for advancement focus on new views of conservation not visitors or animals. Does not value employees, you are expendable one managers motto you don't like it leave.
my impression when I started was a caring fun environment emphasis on informing guest of animals and conservation. when I left this company its emphasis was carbon foot printing.
There was many in house issues that I wont get all into but if you do take a position here, this is a job you have no friends watch what you SAY and Do.
Pros
after 90 day, you receive staff card you are allowed one guest with you on entry to zoo.
Cons
short breaks not enough staff on hand
Productive and educational
ZOOKEEPER (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at the Palm Beach Zoo and might even return to work there if I had a chance now that I have completed college classes. It was very educational and fun, but sometimes stressful. The shifts were long and took a toll on you during the summer heat. I enjoyed being able to interact with some of the animals and educate visitors.
Fun and educational work environment
Zoo Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 6, 2012
A typical day would include making food for the animals, cleaning, and telling visitors about certain animals I was stationed near. The management was strong and structured, with an easy to work with schedule. Of course, my co-workers were also very friendly and taught me what they knew about each animal in the park, which made it all the more enjoyable. There were no rough parts of this job, and every second was enjoyable: getting to be outside and teach children and their parents about new animals.
Pros
free entry to the zoo, break areas, understanding management
This was a very rewarding job as I was able to work with my greatest passions,kids and animals.
Camp councelor (Former Employee) –  Camp tentDecember 27, 2011
The Palm Beach Zoo is a great place to work and have fun. The staff is very kind and easy to get along with. It is very exciting to see behind the scenes and know more about the zoo.
Pros
the hours are wonderful.
Cons
rainy days are a challenge with bored kids!

2.5