Palm Beach Zoo

Palm Beach Zoo Employer Reviews

Productive and educational
ZOOKEEPER (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 4, 2013
I enjoyed working at the Palm Beach Zoo and might even return to work there if I had a chance now that I have completed college classes. It was very educational and fun, but sometimes stressful. The shifts were long and took a toll on you during the summer heat. I enjoyed being able to interact with some of the animals and educate visitors.
Fun and educational work environment
Zoo Volunteer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMay 6, 2012
Pros: free entry to the zoo, break areas, understanding management
A typical day would include making food for the animals, cleaning, and telling visitors about certain animals I was stationed near. The management was strong and structured, with an easy to work with schedule. Of course, my co-workers were also very friendly and taught me what they knew about each animal in the park, which made it all the more enjoyable. There were no rough parts of this job, and every second was enjoyable: getting to be outside and teach children and their parents about new animals.
This was a very rewarding job as I was able to work with my greatest passions,kids and animals.
Camp councelor (Former Employee), Camp tentDecember 27, 2011
Pros: the hours are wonderful.
Cons: rainy days are a challenge with bored kids!
The Palm Beach Zoo is a great place to work and have fun. The staff is very kind and easy to get along with. It is very exciting to see behind the scenes and know more about the zoo.