Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Lots of Managers, no management
Loan Processor/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 30, 2016
There were a lot of managers but when it came to getting an issue resolved or questions answered they either didn't know how to help or refused to make time. This company is completely unorganized, procedures changed hourly by managers without any thought to the consequences or possible issues with these new procedures. My fellow coworkers were constantly frazzled and on edge. I was told by a manager that my coworkers and myself were expected to stay late everyday and to come into work on weekends due to managers dropping the ball. The best part of this job was when I got to leave for the day, however late that was. Management was quick to point out flaws and quick to blame, there was no encouragement or positive reinforcement.
Pros
Sometimes I was allowed a lunch break
Cons
Incompetent management
Fun work place but long hours
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasOctober 26, 2015
Selling Manufactured homes was a great experience. The job itself was fun you basically had to market and advertise yourself in order to get people in the door due to it being a great number of competition out here. The hours are extremely long so there is not enough time for family. Overall it was a fun career but no employee stays long because you eventually miss your family and no amount of money is worth it!
Supervisor of Structural Craftsman
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 6, 2015
A typical day with the Military was excitement and usually educational. As a supervisor we pushed our troops and ourselves to do the duties of the day and high expectations to the customers/commanders. Working with a verity of culture and experiences, opening a world of knowledge. Having the opportunity to due the things I've done and places where I've been is one of the most enjoyable parts, but I love puzzles, and creating a master pieces from the ground up.
Pros
The experience of co-workers and seeing new places.
Cons
Not having a permit home.
not a good company to work for
first coat (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, ORJanuary 19, 2016
company did not pay well did not treated their employees well. never knew when you were getting off work. you had to help everyone else finish their job before you could go home even if yours was finished.
fun and felt good to go to work very day
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2016
As a maintenance tech i repaired air tools nail guns roofing guns ,air drills.Also repaired chop saws and trouble shoot cranes.Build maintenance repairs
Pros
bonus very week
Cons
always took all my breaks
Hard and dangerous job
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Sabina, OHDecember 26, 2015
company no longer exists. Very hard work and dangerous work environment. Would not recommend anyone to have worked there.
Pros
close to home
Cons
dangerous
Productive and Challenging workplace with plenty of growth opportunity
Office Manager/Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work with amazing leadership. Every morning starts with motivation and inspiration. Daily training is a must. Production and pull through is mandatory.
Pros
Great Leadership, Plenty of Opportunity
Cons
Lots of time away from home
nice place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLSeptember 10, 2015
I was a nice environment to work at, the people that worked in our department were very nice and polite and were a joy to work with. A very pleasant place.
Great Environment
Director of CAD Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2015
Palm Harbor is a company that promotes autonomy and personal growth. Palm Harbor values the employees and encourages continuous improvement.
Pros
Underground parking
Cons
Expensive healthcare
This is a great place to work
Floor Crew (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2015
Good place to work for. I would recommend this place to other peoples. Employee and customers. I was trained well and got the job done. Thanks to all co-workers at Palm Harbor Homes
Pros
Good place to work for
Exceptionally well-led company.
Division Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Limited corporate financial resources adversely affected the ability of the company to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the markets.
Pros
great leadership. lots of fun activities. good, good, people.
Cons
company unable to withstand cyclical financial downturns in residential housing market.
amazing company with very flexibe floorplans to appeal to all buyers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Working for Palm Harbor for a total of 5 years allowed me to grow my knowledge of the industry as a whole. Superior management allowed for growth and was always willing to listen to the sales team in the field to grow. Superior product in the industry of MODULAR home on the East Coast.
Donna office a nightmare!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXNovember 3, 2014
This office is a revolving door. The sale makes no sense since the financing for a manufactured home yields a significantly highter payment than a frame built home WITH the lot included. In other parts of the state it is probably a good gig but this office is located across from a competitors lot with much less expensive products. Why buy a manufactured home and have lot rent in addition when you can get much better financing and a lower payment with a stick built home in the RGV?
Great place to work.
Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAOctober 27, 2014
I respect and enjoy working with the GM. A typical day at work at Palm Harbor homes is always busy. Co-workers are great also. I have learned a lot about sales. You have to create your own traffic flow, whether it is through craigslist ads, facebook group ads, or even bandit signs. Long hours, 11 hours a day 6 days a week. If you are an experienced sales person and are use to the hours and creating your own customer base then this is the best company to work for.
A great experience for me and I now have madd respect for people in sales commission positions!
Slow daily operations, but overall great office job.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 5, 2015
Very flexible work environment. Pleasant place to work. Management was uplifting and encouraging. Coworkers made it easy to look forward to working every day.
Pros
flexible
Cons
company filed bankruptcy.
You sell mobile homes and are paid 100% commision
Manufactured Housing Sales and Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 1, 2014
You will be told to sell homes right off the bat that and not given much knowledge as to the benefits of the product. You will work six to seven days aweek to hit targets because it will get difficult as city are not allowing mobile homes in them anymore. Management will talk down to you for not selling and it usually takes 3 to 4 months for you sell to complete and get paid on it so be prepaired to wait for that first paycheck.
Terrible Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXMay 14, 2014
50 to 65 hours a week at much less than minimum wage base pay. No lunch breaks. We were expected to start calling people at 7:00 in the morning, even if they requested calls later in the day. GM takes credit for your sales while you are a rookie and gets your commissions. They send you through "Rookie Training" where they teach you to be a dishonest and sleazy. The best part of the training is it is the only time you will get to take a break and eat during your career with them.
Pros
free lunch during training
Cons
long hours, very low base pay
A typical Sales comapany - Bottom line is profit
Operations Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 8, 2014
I worked for Palm Harbor for over 10 years. There were a lot of changes in the industry. It is getting harder and harder to be able to install manufactured homes in the Parishes of Louisiana. The lending procedures are harder to follow. I learned a lot about multitasking. The hardest part of the job was getting new personnel to believe in the Palm Harbor process. I really enjoyed the job because I was always doing something different.
Pros
never got board
Cons
honnesty not appreciated
Amazing team effort and excellent benefits.
Electrical Crew (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 22, 2013
We would start where we left off. We built manufactured houses on a rolling production line. I learned residential electric plus drywall, lap siding, trim, roofing... I got a taste of everything that goes in to building and finishing manufactured homes. Management was very active in making sure things were done right. Everything was done in a team effort. I loved everything I did at this job.
Pros
team effort, learning unlimited, i kept busy
Cons
hurricanes made insurance spike so even the best of us got laid off.
Awesome Company To Work For!!!
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 26, 2013
If you are looking for a job that has no limits then you have to go and check out Palm Harbor Homes!! They will allow you to make more money than you ever dreamed of while at the same time help families realize their dream of home ownership! Palm Harbors training is second to none! They will teach you all you need to know about the product and how to get a customer a loan for their new home!
Pros
high income potential, great advancement opportunities
Cons
some long days