Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews

Will starve 6 months of the year
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 21, 2017
You do all your own marketing. High turnover for employees and branch managers. Lengthy sales cycles, some closings take 4 to 5 months or more. Most customers have no money and no credit. Most of the new homes are pretty nice but overpriced vs. the competition, which makes it hard to sell.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Hours, work all weekends and holidays...inconsistent pay
General management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, OROctober 20, 2016
The general manager was extremely rude and unprofessional. He constantly put down the sales staff and office manager. The pay structure was there to benefit him and his commission. He would constantly threaten the security of your job. Not a friendly or professional environment. If you have no morals or work ethic and like being continually insulted then Palm Harbor Homes in Phoenix is perfect for you.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Worst environment
great work eviroment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Sabina, OHMay 16, 2016
was a great place to work love the people and environment, good pay and just wish they hadn't needed to relocate to another state.
Building Rapport
Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXMarch 5, 2016
I love meeting our clients on a daily basis weather they are first time home buyers or repeat buyers. The feeling of saying "Congratulations on your home purchase is beyond amazing!!!"
Pros
Fun Enviornment to work
Cons
No Lunch breaks work longer hours than paid for
Lots of Managers, no management
Loan Processor/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 30, 2016
There were a lot of managers but when it came to getting an issue resolved or questions answered they either didn't know how to help or refused to make time. This company is completely unorganized, procedures changed hourly by managers without any thought to the consequences or possible issues with these new procedures. My fellow coworkers were constantly frazzled and on edge. I was told by a manager that my coworkers and myself were expected to stay late everyday and to come into work on weekends due to managers dropping the ball. The best part of this job was when I got to leave for the day, however late that was. Management was quick to point out flaws and quick to blame, there was no encouragement or positive reinforcement.
Pros
Sometimes I was allowed a lunch break
Cons
Incompetent management
not a good company to work for
first coat (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, ORJanuary 19, 2016
company did not pay well did not treated their employees well. never knew when you were getting off work. you had to help everyone else finish their job before you could go home even if yours was finished.
fun and felt good to go to work very day
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2016
As a maintenance tech i repaired air tools nail guns roofing guns ,air drills.Also repaired chop saws and trouble shoot cranes.Build maintenance repairs
Pros
bonus very week
Cons
always took all my breaks
Hard and dangerous job
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Sabina, OHDecember 26, 2015
company no longer exists. Very hard work and dangerous work environment. Would not recommend anyone to have worked there.
Pros
close to home
Cons
dangerous
Fun work place but long hours
Housing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasOctober 26, 2015
Selling Manufactured homes was a great experience. The job itself was fun you basically had to market and advertise yourself in order to get people in the door due to it being a great number of competition out here. The hours are extremely long so there is not enough time for family. Overall it was a fun career but no employee stays long because you eventually miss your family and no amount of money is worth it!
Supervisor of Structural Craftsman
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 6, 2015
A typical day with the Military was excitement and usually educational. As a supervisor we pushed our troops and ourselves to do the duties of the day and high expectations to the customers/commanders. Working with a verity of culture and experiences, opening a world of knowledge. Having the opportunity to due the things I've done and places where I've been is one of the most enjoyable parts, but I love puzzles, and creating a master pieces from the ground up.
Pros
The experience of co-workers and seeing new places.
Cons
Not having a permit home.
nice place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLSeptember 10, 2015
I was a nice environment to work at, the people that worked in our department were very nice and polite and were a joy to work with. A very pleasant place.
Productive and Challenging workplace with plenty of growth opportunity
Office Manager/Housing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work with amazing leadership. Every morning starts with motivation and inspiration. Daily training is a must. Production and pull through is mandatory.
Pros
Great Leadership, Plenty of Opportunity
Cons
Lots of time away from home
Great Environment
Director of CAD Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2015
Palm Harbor is a company that promotes autonomy and personal growth. Palm Harbor values the employees and encourages continuous improvement.
Pros
Underground parking
Cons
Expensive healthcare
This is a great place to work
Floor Crew (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2015
Good place to work for. I would recommend this place to other peoples. Employee and customers. I was trained well and got the job done. Thanks to all co-workers at Palm Harbor Homes
Pros
Good place to work for
Cons
Slow daily operations, but overall great office job.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 5, 2015
Very flexible work environment. Pleasant place to work. Management was uplifting and encouraging. Coworkers made it easy to look forward to working every day.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Company filed bankruptcy.
The King of Cleaning
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
One of the best Jobs, I have ever had. I loved working with franchise owners and with the businesses. Great leadership and training.
Exceptionally well-led company.
Division Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Limited corporate financial resources adversely affected the ability of the company to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the markets.
Pros
Great leadership. Lots of fun activities. Good, good, people.
Cons
Company unable to withstand cyclical financial downturns in residential housing market.
amazing company with very flexibe floorplans to appeal to all buyers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Working for Palm Harbor for a total of 5 years allowed me to grow my knowledge of the industry as a whole. Superior management allowed for growth and was always willing to listen to the sales team in the field to grow. Superior product in the industry of MODULAR home on the East Coast.
productive and fun place to work
Wall set (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 7, 2014
Good place to work management and employees were friendly it was a good atmosphere
Donna office a nightmare!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Donna, TXNovember 3, 2014
This office is a revolving door. The sale makes no sense since the financing for a manufactured home yields a significantly highter payment than a frame built home WITH the lot included. In other parts of the state it is probably a good gig but this office is located across from a competitors lot with much less expensive products. Why buy a manufactured home and have lot rent in addition when you can get much better financing and a lower payment with a stick built home in the RGV?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Harbor Homes. Our community is ready to answer.