Palm Harbor Homes

Palm Harbor Homes Employee Reviews

The King of Cleaning
General Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
One of the best Jobs, I have ever had. I loved working with franchise owners and with the businesses. Great leadership and training.
Exceptionally well-led company.
Division Vice President (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: great leadership. lots of fun activities. good, good, people.
Cons: company unable to withstand cyclical financial downturns in residential housing market.
Limited corporate financial resources adversely affected the ability of the company to capitalize on emerging opportunities in the markets.
amazing company with very flexibe floorplans to appeal to all buyers
General Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Working for Palm Harbor for a total of 5 years allowed me to grow my knowledge of the industry as a whole. Superior management allowed for growth and was always willing to listen to the sales team in the field to grow. Superior product in the industry of MODULAR home on the East Coast.
productive and fun place to work
Wall set (Former Employee), Plant City, FLNovember 7, 2014
Good place to work management and employees were friendly it was a good atmosphere
Donna office a nightmare!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Donna, TXNovember 3, 2014
This office is a revolving door. The sale makes no sense since the financing for a manufactured home yields a significantly highter payment than a frame built home WITH the lot included. In other parts of the state it is probably a good gig but this office is located across from a competitors lot with much less expensive products. Why buy a manufactured home and have lot rent in addition when you can get much better financing and a lower payment with a stick built home in the RGV?
Great place to work.
Housing Consultant (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 27, 2014
I respect and enjoy working with the GM. A typical day at work at Palm Harbor homes is always busy. Co-workers are great also. I have learned a lot about sales. You have to create your own traffic flow, whether it is through craigslist ads, facebook group ads, or even bandit signs. Long hours, 11 hours a day 6 days a week. If you are an experienced sales person and are use to the hours and creating your own customer base then this is the best company to work for.
A great experience for me and I now have madd respect for people in sales commission positions!
You sell mobile homes and are paid 100% commision
Manufactured Housing Sales and Real Estate Agent (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXAugust 1, 2014
You will be told to sell homes right off the bat that and not given much knowledge as to the benefits of the product. You will work six to seven days aweek to hit targets because it will get difficult as city are not allowing mobile homes in them anymore. Management will talk down to you for not selling and it usually takes 3 to 4 months for you sell to complete and get paid on it so be prepaired to wait for that first paycheck.
Palm Harbor
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: the heat and moving couches houses to house alone
A typical day was picking up trash, pulling weeds moving furniture, running errands as needed. The hardest part was trying to do it all by myself but I always completed my tasks.
Great Start
Housing consultant (Former Employee), TulsaMay 15, 2014
Work hard and it will pay off. Great construction and a value for the consumer.
Terrible Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Buda, TXMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch during training
Cons: long hours, very low base pay
50 to 65 hours a week at much less than minimum wage base pay. No lunch breaks. We were expected to start calling people at 7:00 in the morning, even if they requested calls later in the day. GM takes credit for your sales while you are a rookie and gets your commissions. They send you through "Rookie Training" where they teach you to be a dishonest and sleazy. The best part of the training is it is the only time you will get to take a break and eat during your career with them.
A typical Sales comapany - Bottom line is profit
Operations Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAApril 8, 2014
Pros: never got board
Cons: honnesty not appreciated
I worked for Palm Harbor for over 10 years. There were a lot of changes in the industry. It is getting harder and harder to be able to install manufactured homes in the Parishes of Louisiana. The lending procedures are harder to follow. I learned a lot about multitasking. The hardest part of the job was getting new personnel to believe in the Palm Harbor process. I really enjoyed the job because I was always doing something different.
Fun Place to work
Sales (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: non
meet, greet, build rapport and sale of manufactured housing
plant shut down
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), LaGrange, GADecember 9, 2013
Pros: great job
Plant shut down nation wide. Great place to work when they were open!
Supervisor
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: love the family atmosphere
Cons: high turnover
I was over 15 team members in the electrical dept. I inspected the finished product before going out to our customers. I did the daily production work input in the system, we used RF scanners and SAP to track the inventory
Amazing team effort and excellent benefits.
Electrical Crew (Former Employee), Plant City, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: team effort, learning unlimited, i kept busy
Cons: hurricanes made insurance spike so even the best of us got laid off.
We would start where we left off. We built manufactured houses on a rolling production line. I learned residential electric plus drywall, lap siding, trim, roofing... I got a taste of everything that goes in to building and finishing manufactured homes. Management was very active in making sure things were done right. Everything was done in a team effort. I loved everything I did at this job.
Part of Woodgate Homes
General Manager (Former Employee), Montrose, COOctober 21, 2013
Pros: palm harbor is a fantastic company to work with.
Cons: woodgate homes.
See earlier review. This company could have done great things for the community.
Life After Katrina
Housing Consultant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 5, 2013
It was difficult to see how much people were affected by all the devastation in the aftermath. I was happy to get them into a new home.
Worked on Ft Hood Barracks
Job-Site Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXJuly 25, 2013
Pros: flexable hours if needed, health/dental
Cons: project was not long enough
Used office automated systems & software to produce a variety of documents & to perform various data entry & maintain various logs and reports.
Management was always willing to assist in the necessary training to get the best performace from his employees
The hardest part about that job was the end & having to leave (the project was completed).
Great Product and Good People
AP Specialist (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 21, 2013
In this position I am asked to assist on items outside my job description. By doing this I get to enteract with those in other departments. I truely enjoy working with others to help them accomplish more or meet deadlines. As example, we had our annual open enrollment and although I was told that I could leave early I stayed and assisted on getting the packets sent out to the field offices.
Very Busy Job
Office and Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJuly 17, 2013
Pros: busy busy busy
Cons: to much turn over
Exteremly busy job always always have lots of things to do. Long hours and lots of customers to deal with every second of the day. I learned a lot about management with this job and really enjoyed the people I met and worked with.

1 2 3

About Palm Harbor Homes

Cavco's constructions keep customers covered, whether they're at home, work, or vacation. Cavco Industries designs, makes, and – Read more

Palm Harbor Homes Salaries