Palm Springs Art Museum Employee Reviews

great first job ever!
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 2, 2016
This was my first job overall ended up with a positive outlook. Learned a lot about art history, preservation, and handling.
Very interesting clientle and gorgeous surroundings.
Operations Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 13, 2015
This museum store is rated one of the best in the world because of the quality of the merchandise and the display of the merchandise. It is a pleasure to spend the day in this environment.

There is a daily meeting with the buyer/marketing manager to discuss the activities of the day and plan future events involving the store and the store staff and volunteers.

I have learned that working with volunteers offers many benefits because of the wide variety of backgrounds. Generally, the challenge working with volunteers is that they are not paid employees thus they are quite independent.

My co-workers could not be better. There is a very strong sense of dedication to each other, a willingness to help at all times. There is a strong work ethic yet a lightness in attitude.

Some red tape and a lot of politics. I understand from career museum people that this is pretty much the norm.
Pros
Congenial staff throughout the museum.
Cons
Very low pay scale except for top executives
My position included supervision of all income producing areas of the museum
Director, Annenberg Theater (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 8, 2015
Not-for-profit organizations can present many challenges that are unique and sometimes more difficult than those found in the for-profit corporate world. As director of programming for a small theater in an art museum, I found the challenges exciting and fun.
great place to work, very friendly co-workers
Attendant/Featured artist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 17, 2015
On a typical day at work I performed the duties of an attendant at the museum. I would answer questions and respond to inquiries.
Management was great, everyone I worked with was very friendly and knowledgable about art. The hardest part of the job would probably be the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to answer questions about my inspiration for my own featured art at the museum.
A unique and interesting place to work.
Membership Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 27, 2014
A very high volume clerical job with the benefit of working for highly intelligent staffers in a very unique environment. I feel as though I have earned at least a portion of a Art History degree from being able to attend museum lectures and conversing with curators and managers.

The most difficult and most enjoyable parts of this job were blended together in maintaining membership levels while introducing new prospective members to the museum. It was always more fun then difficult.
Pros
Exposed to great contemporary art
Cons
Low wages and difficult to move up in the organization
It was th ebest place i ever worked it was a little home away from home.
Art Educator/ Admissions (Former Employee) –  Brawely,CANovember 14, 2013
it was great pay i was never overwhelmed and everyone was always happy and respected
Great institution, hard but rewarding place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 25, 2013
The co-workers make this a wonderful environment. A lot of long hours. Some managers are great, some not so great.
No Advancement and too many Politics
Visitor Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Palm SpringsJanuary 23, 2013
In my job I was security for the Museum. The place was full of drama and the way things worked was terrible. During the season y could work anywhere from 12-19 hours and still have to work the next day. They have never heard about labor laws. You should care about the customer no matter what, but to do extravagant things for people who gave money to the museum was ridiculous. You would have to cater for the dumbest things. They also do not have enough people to work there. There would be weekends to where no one would get a break and even not have a lunch at times. They need to care about their employees welfare.
benefits
Cons
long hours, stuck up people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palm Springs Art Museum. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4