Palm Springs Follies

Palm Springs Follies Employee Reviews

My first job in my new career.
Box Office Sales Representative (Former Employee), Box office and telephone reservationsJune 23, 2012
Pros: claose to home, made good friends, loved to see the shows.
Cons: seasonal only and very low salary.
When I moved to Palm Springs in the summer of 1994 I had just been laid off from TRW as so many had at that time. I knew nothing about ticketing or the theater except I had seen the show and liked it very much. So The Follies was the start of my Customer Service career. At the time I loved learning the computer and the ticketing process of theater organization. The group I worked with were great and we learned together. My box office manger was terrific and was helpful in training me on the job. Going from Exec Secretary to ticket agent was quite a jump but I learned to love talking to all the different people from all over which was a far cry from aerospace environment. I also learned how to handle monies and balance at the end of the day. I left in 1998 because of a conflict with the new manager, a conflict that couldn't be fixed at the time. I have a good feeling for the Follies as they started me on my new career in life. I did return in l999 and remained there until I moved to Nevada.