Palm Springs Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great employees
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 8, 2017
Enjoyed my time at PSUSD. Everyone was great and kind. Loved working with SpED students and general ed students. An awesome company to work for. Would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Weekends and holidays off
This is a great place to work.
Paraprofessional Health Aide Special Education (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 23, 2017
The kids are a challenge but the rewards are great when watching them master skills in reading, writing, and math. Co-workers are friendly and helpful in every aspect.
Productive workplace. Wonderful supervisors and colleagues.
Mental Health Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 1, 2017
Good place to intern and receive beneficial feedback. Lots of new opportunities daily; ability to adapt is essential. Worked with talented therapists and interns.
Pros
Good therapeutic experience with diverse population of students.
Cons
Can be busy and stressful at times.
Amazing school district.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 9, 2017
Enjoyed working for PSUSD very much. Very lenient and great teacher in all schools I was able to work in. Very supportive and good training. Try to keep you in a stable position and work with location of living.
The hardest part of my job
Bilingual aide and health aide (Current Employee) –  Cathedral City, CADecember 7, 2016
To know that I am making a difference and helping my students yet they are still struggling with their everyday life problems, even a smile on their face makes a difference to them and to myself.
Overall I gave it a 4/5 rating
Behavior Intervention Aide (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Palm Springs Unified School District. After I graduated college, I decided it was time to move on and expand my knowledge in Applied Behavior Analyst.
Mentoring children is really interesting
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 1, 2016
working with children is a great way to Bette understand the education for the future generations. I was able to help many children to understand mathematics an the science field. Ultimately, starting an interesting in science careers.
productive & Professional environment
Paraprofessional Instructor (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CA 92262May 12, 2016
I Have worked with children for 8 years and the experience I've gained of helping children in need has been a great one.
i love the consistency of the hours as well as the days worked. depending on what site you are located in the image of the staff reflects on them. every site is different. i have learned a lot about behaviors as well as health management.
Pros
great schedule, paid time off for holidays
Cons
short breaks, sometimes classified staff is taken for granted
Enjoy this job
Bilingual Assistant/Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 26, 2015
I enjoy working with kids helping them learn the english language proficiencies the only issue is this is a part time job and I need to work full time.
Good school district
Health Instructional Assistant Grades (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs,CAMay 20, 2015
Working here was a good experience, the students were nice, but sometimes were a problem because they were disabled and would require tons of help in and out of the classroom.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Far from home
Absolutely loved working with each and every student
Behavior Intervention Aide (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with each student. I learned just as much from them each day as they did from me.
friendly and fair
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  all schools in districtAugust 31, 2014
I enjoy working in this school district as a substitute teacher. However I think substitute teachers should really be paid more for all they have to endure. You can't make a living substitute teaching, and you have absolutely no benefits other than knowing you've done your best. I do enjoy it though, luckily I have another source of income.
Pros
I'm working within my field of study.
Cons
we do not get paid enough and no benefits
Great team work environment
Paraprofessional health aide (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 2, 2014
Working one on one with teacher and students.
Great team work
Friendly and helpful environment
Skilled and educated coworkers
-The most difficult part of the job is having limited resources that could make the job easier for employees as well as students.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is working with special needs students who benefit from specialized education and modified environment. Being able to make a difference in someone's life and being a support system is what makes the job very rewarding.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
limited hours and lack of benefits
Very fun and loveing work place
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs CAMarch 25, 2014
As a Paraeducator I was there to a assists the teacher whit the children, as in helping them fill out paper work or getting homework done while evaluateing them at the same time whit the progress their making through out the school year. We would feed the children that needed help and helped the children whit their restroom needs. And would help whit physical therapy too.
Pros
Being there for the children
Great place
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cabot YerxaNovember 22, 2013
I was a student in the PSUSD from middle school to high school, coming back to work for the district that educated and provided a foundation for my education was a great opportunity to become a role model for the new generations. They have amazing teachers and caring principals who focus and maintaining a great professional work family environment.
Unique experience
Paraprofessional Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAOctober 18, 2013
It was an interesting workplace. The work with special need students was very challenging and the pay was not fair for the hard work you have to put in. I gained lots of experience with special need kids and some teaching also. It was a unique experience.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Being scratched, punched and bitten by students
over all excellent employer to work for
Head Custodian III (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 30, 2013
Work days are demanding and rewarding. Have learned invaluable knowledge concerning the custodial field and people.I have a better understanding of management and how operations work. I have learned communication is the key to a succesful work enviroment. That no one job is less important then another.
Great easy-going place to work
Bilingual Office Specialist (Registrar) (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CAJuly 10, 2013
This was a great place to work. Everyone helped each other out, nobody had a "that's not MY job " attitude. Friendly easy to get along with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Community Based Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 22, 2013
Great place to work and I learned patience over all else. management was helpful at times. Co-workers were amazing. hardest part was seeing students suffer with thier disabilities. most enjoyable part of job was making a difference in their lifes.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
short breaks
Professional work place
State Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 2, 2013
Several opportunities for professional development. Regularly providing its teaching staff workshops and up to date training's that are relevant in the classroom and the teaching profession.