Palm Springs Unified School District

Palm Springs Unified School District Employer Reviews

Very fun and loveing work place
Paraeducator (Former Employee), Palm Springs CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: being there for the children
As a Paraeducator I was there to a assists the teacher whit the children, as in helping them fill out paper work or getting homework done while evaluateing them at the same time whit the progress their making through out the school year. We would feed the children that needed help and helped the children whit their restroom needs. And would help whit – more... physical therapy too. – less
Great place
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee), Cabot YerxaNovember 22, 2013
I was a student in the PSUSD from middle school to high school, coming back to work for the district that educated and provided a foundation for my education was a great opportunity to become a role model for the new generations. They have amazing teachers and caring principals who focus and maintaining a great professional work family environment.
Unique experience
Paraprofessional Health Aid (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: being scratched, punched and bitten by students
It was an interesting workplace. The work with special need students was very challenging and the pay was not fair for the hard work you have to put in. I gained lots of experience with special need kids and some teaching also. It was a unique experience.
over all excellent employer to work for
Head Custodian III (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAJuly 30, 2013
Work days are demanding and rewarding. Have learned invaluable knowledge concerning the custodial field and people.I have a better understanding of management and how operations work. I have learned communication is the key to a succesful work enviroment. That no one job is less important then another.
Great easy-going place to work
Bilingual Office Specialist (Registrar) (Former Employee), Cathedral City, CAJuly 10, 2013
This was a great place to work. Everyone helped each other out, nobody had a "that's not MY job " attitude. Friendly easy to get along with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Community Based Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work and I learned patience over all else. management was helpful at times. Co-workers were amazing. hardest part was seeing students suffer with thier disabilities. most enjoyable part of job was making a difference in their lifes.
Professional work place
State Preschool Teacher (Current Employee), Palm Springs, CAMay 2, 2013
Several opportunities for professional development. Regularly providing its teaching staff workshops and up to date training's that are relevant in the classroom and the teaching profession.
Great beginning opportunity
Paraprofessional Health (Current Employee), District wide substituteApril 24, 2013
Pros: great beginner opportunity
Cons: advancing is difficult
If your desire is pursue a career in teaching this is a great opportunity with decent pay. However this position is only a stepping stone. Becoming a permanent employee is a difficult task with this district, therefore leaving you with no benefits. Overall okay hours, decent pay & a great opportunity. Just use the job as experience because chances are – more... slim to none if trying to upgrade in this district. – less
Fun work place with lots of loving children
Assisted the teacher (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: lots of little happy faces!
Cons: dealing with troubled parents
Everyday was a joy to go to work with so many children that looked up to you and everyday was also a challenge dealing with troubled children but never the less very rewarding at the end of the day.
Great educational community
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Palm SpringsMarch 10, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: n/a
Wonderful environment. Staff is excellent. Perfect.I've learned a lot from others. Very inspiring staff. I wish they would be there in the summer.
Feeding Children
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: hours
I was in charge of getting all products and food in the right places for students. I learned i enjoyed this job. Management was a revolving door. Co-workers had been at this school for a long time and taught me alot. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing these young adults were not going hungry.
Lunch for young adults
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: hours
I was in charge of getting all products and food in the right places for students. I learned i enjoyed this job. Management was a revolving door. Co-workers had been at this school for a long time and taught me alot. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing these young adults were able to eat.
Great promises litlle follow through
5th Grade Teacher (Former Employee), Desert Hot Springs, CAAugust 29, 2012
Pros: see above
Cons: too many to mention here
They have incredible staff functions and training. I really don't have much else positive to say.