Palmdale Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 30, 2015
Typical day consist of interviewing and registering each patient , as an individual providing the best communication with patients to feel that they are in good hands , answered questions patients may have and made sure each patient was informed of the policies
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is professional and rewarding place to work at.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 27, 2015
Great, enjoyable place to work at. ER is a Very challenging but rewarding place to work at. I enjoy team work situations from the highest levels to the lower levels of employment, so I'm in the right environment to work. I use my personable communication skills to get the job done along with the co-workers that I work with. I enjoy the fast pace and challenging stressful emergency situations that why I work in the emergency department.

The team leaders: such as but not only the Management personnel, doctors ,physician Assistant, Charge Nurses, and so on at PRMC are excellent and highly professional people.

The most valuable aspects that I learned and value are the true meaning of team dynamics and team support at PRMC. We work like a family helping each other and most importantly strive at 100% customer and patient satisfaction.

Thank you.
Pros
Excellant Team Leaders and Team Work.
Advocates for the company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 22, 2015
The company cares about the job getting done, having the credentials it needs, it does not necessarily care about the compassionate component needed to care for patients. The hospital wants to try it's best to look apart of the big hospitals in this area, but the staff is over worked. A physician at the hospital even told me to leave and work some place that would honor a bachelors degree nurse. The nurses try their best to help one another, but some nurses are only there to get their paychecks and leave. The hospital wants to look good on the outside, when on the inside it is disorganized and needs to build together, or they will lose people.
Pros
Much experience to learn
Cons
overworked and stress
Calm but productive
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 7, 2015
Fun and productive place to work, the employees are kinda and willing to help you at any turn. As well as students getting the practice and education they need.
There is great teamwork
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 23, 2015
As a CNA, I work under the supervision of a registered nurse. I take vital signs, and answer call lights. I enjoy being able to assist those that are sick, and helping them feel as comfortable as possible.
Creating and Assisting my Community with Excecllent Health Care
Physician Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 7, 2015
I have been in the medical industry for 20 years. My current title is, "Physician Relations Manager". I work in recruitment, orientation, patient concerns and issues, physician concerns and issues, resolutions in a timely manner, market analysis, physician staffing, relocation of home and office. I work closely with the Director of Business Development and his daily calendar, and meet with 20 physicians weekly to shift surgical volume and admits to the hospital.
The most difficult part of my position is the need and assistance to all departments as at times, we are under staffed. I highly enjoy working with all (400) physicians and especially in patient care as I am a Patient Ambassador, making sure patients needs and concerns are addressed.
Pros
Wonderful environment
it was a place to work
Traveling ICU RN through Rise Medical Staffing (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 4, 2015
i liked the other people i was working with, although teamwork was lacking overall. i was working night shift, so maybe day shift is better.
nice place to work
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 30, 2015
enjoy working there see lots of nice ways of working with a team, and meeting diffrent people, lots of team work people, I would go back in a heart beat if any open position come up.
Limited Supervision, High Stress Job, Rewarding Patient Interaction
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 25, 2015
Working in an Emergency Room can be a very stressful career. However, the benefit comes from helping people in some of their most vulnerable times. A typical day consists of much patient and doctor interaction, with limited supervision. This job requires a high level of customer service, with a willingness to learn new material on a regular basis. Confidentiality is a main part of the job, since we are dealing with sensitive information.
With more than 100 patients entering the facility within a 8-12 hour period, each employee must be able to work on their own, without management looking over their shoulder. Team work, from other employees, is highly relied upon to ensure the job is performed adequately. The hardest part of the job is dealing with actual life and death situations on a day to day basis.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
High turn over rate, low room for advancement, sporadic hours.
New facility
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 10, 2015
Great place to get started. Nice, new and clean. Staff is the friendliest I have ever seen. Absolutely a pleasure to have participated in the program
great hospital
Lead Medical Lab Technician/Assistant (Former Employee) –  palmdale, CAJune 26, 2015
I loved my job. Great staff. In 10 years the company hired 8 directors and 4 supervisors. So the corp isnt focused on patient care
Fast Pace
Admitting and Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 20, 2015
I loved the position, however, the department needed more structure. The schedule was changed daily without prior notification and the education needs to be reviewed.
Pros
The patient care, the position and working in the ER
Cons
education
Productive and Friendly
Internship (Former Employee) –  Palmdale CaFebruary 1, 2015
The Staff was kind. I was an intern so they trained me well. They taught me how to do EKGs before my teacher did. They showed me how to do urinalysis, the doctors would let me join in while they were doing CPR. it was a great environment.
I love my job!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 9, 2014
Pleasant environment, very good team, good friends.
Since I started to work here I received a very good chance to learn about Lab department and a chance to improve my skills.
Productive pleasant work place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 19, 2014
A relatively new hospital, there was some growing pains with management, but for the most part it was a pleasant place when I worked there 2011 to 2013. Standard hospital 12 hr shifts for RN, 30 min lunch with 15 minute breaks, worked during the night shift and staff would sometimes order out food, but it depends who you were working with. Management was relatively flexible with scheduling, majority of the staff is pleasant to work with.
great company
Ultrasound Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 3, 2014
great company to work for i am very proud to work for such a great company.
Advanced hospital with excellent staff and many leanring opportunites for students
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
A typical day involved myself following around my preceptor in the ICU. We would manage multiple ventilator and non- ventilator patients, give respiratory treatments, develop a plan of care, and respond to any codes throughout the hospital.
I was able to learn how to operate ventilators that I had not previously used before, how to assist in a bronchoscopy and other procedures.
The staff was excellent in using their ability to communicate and work together as an effective team.
While that hardest part of the job was running around, it was also the most enjoyable as it made the day exciting and fly by.
Pros
large respiraotry department, friendly staff, and close to home
cold and unwelcoming place
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 22, 2013
management and co-workers did not step in when you ask because you have a critical care patient that is dying. Learned to be very independent and assertive.
Pros
did get a lunch
Cons
very busy, lack of support from staff
ENJOY THIS JOB
(RN) Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  PALMDALE CANovember 15, 2013
TEAM MANAGEMENT. TEACHING STAFF TO BECOME BETTER SKILLED AND QUALIFIED NURSES.
Pros
excellent pay for experienced nurses
I was a clinical microbiologist
Clinical Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 28, 2013
I identified bacterial pathogens in a wide variety of human specimens. My supervisor was very knowledgeable and one could ask questions of her. The hardest part of the job was a heavy workload. The enjoyable part was knowing you helped a patient. Coworkers were fine.