Palmdale Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Positive Work Enviornment
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 27, 2017
Great place to work at. The only reason that I left was because I relocated. I enjoyed working there and the fast pace that the hospital had. I would work there again!
Quick paced, stressful, competitive company
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 20, 2017
Working in the ER as an Emergency Medical Technician can be stressful. Being that it is Emergency we are faced with all kinds of emergencies, ranking from very minor to very severe situations. You need to be consistently on your toes and you need to think quickly. There is no time for hesitation and you need to be calm, patient, professional and courteous. At times (most of the time) we are faced with angry patients and it can be quite a challenge when you are trying to help people. I have been working for emergency services for over 10 years now and I believe I have mastered my ability to handle most situations. Although there is always something new that comes in, I for the most part know how to handle myself. A typical day is a 12hr shift (3 - 4 times a week) with minimal breaks. The workplace culture is amazing, because you bond with everyone. The hardest part of the job is pleasing the patients, because no matter how hard you try they (not all patients) always only point out the negative. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I helped at the very least one person that day and that I made that much of a difference in their and their families lives.
unfair, no job advancement,rasist
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  palmdle caOctober 20, 2017
unfair stressful work environment. no job advancement, staffing issues and racism. lack of communication between management. the staff is very nice at times.
A good place to work if you are new to nursing
Emergency Department Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 4, 2017
It can be a good environment or bad. Depends on who you ask. I would personally go back to work there if I had to. The other hospital nearby is cut throat
Pros
new hospital
Cons
medium pay
working and helping those in need was rewarding to me
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 27, 2017
It was a good place to work. they were flexible with schedules concerned with personal situations. The staff was good to work with.I wish i didn't have to leave,
A great place to work
MedSurg/Float Pool Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 31, 2017
The only negative is the pay rate, too low. I would like to work at a place that pays a livable wage, otherwise I would stay for as long as they would have me.
nice facility and staff
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 5, 2017
Nice facility (Less than 10 yrs old Hospital ). Awesome staff all around, great starter job for Nurses. Laboratory is always understaffed therefore has high turnover.
Pay is on low side.
Pros
Great coworkers, nice intra& inter department collaboration
Cons
Some depts Understaffed, low pay
no it was not a fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 27, 2017
I use to get to work,half an hour prior to start my shift,when I start to work I had to get my cart ready,with all cleaning staff,that I need to start cleaning the hospital,i mean the patients rooms,the bathrooms vacuum it,and mopping,i learn how to clean the patients rooms,caz is different when u clean ur house,had to be very nice with the customers as well,management it was ok I guess,the culture was ok since we were from all over the country,most Hispanics,i use to get along with everybody,the hardest part of the job,as for me it was,cleaning the morgue and clean big blood spills,and the most enjoyable part of my job,that almost at the end of my shieft,i liked to talk to the patients and sometimes make them smiles.
Pros
the lunch was really short
Cons
the manager was always checking on us dont know why
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work!! I loved the environment. I would work her again. Nurse /pt ratios are good. Sometimes there is no break nurse for breaks but charge nurses will step up. Very organized and patient as well as employ focused.
Pros
NUrse/pt ratios
Cons
Breaks if no break nurse
Gain experience and get out
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 16, 2017
They hire people with little to no experience. Great place to gain experience and get out. Poor management, no union, no management accountability. They need to outsource coaching or leadership programs for management. Coach management and create a better work culture.
Pros
Entry level, gain work experience
Cons
Poor Management, high turnover rate
Great co-workers terrible managers
Radiology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 6, 2017
Managers/supervisors have no interest in their employees. No feedback, no review, no guidance. You're just thrown to wolves. My co-workers made it all worth it. Loved the cafeteria food! High turn over in upper management.
Pros
Co-workers and pay
Cons
horrible bosses expensive insurance
Clinical Experience
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 13, 2016
My experience at PRMC was as a student attending clinical rotations on the Med/Surg and Telemetry floors. I also spent some time in the ED for my summer preceptorship. The entire hospital is new and well kept. Overall, it is mellow in comparison to AVH. Good for the patients quiet time, bad for nursing experience.
Pros
Clean, Quiet, Newly constructed
Cons
ZzZzzZzzzZ
Toxic and lack of leadership in general. Culture does not promote success. Broken policies and abdolutely NO structue!! Narrow minded staff. C!
Clinical Analyst - Informaiton Services (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 3, 2016
As a previous employee working with the so called "leadership" I experienced a toxic staff of management. No policies and procedures followed or in place. Absolutely NO structure! Very unorganized. The culture does not promote success. No philosphy of patient safety.They suck in patient satisfaction and compliance at the lowest. THEY ARE NOT AN "A" HOSPITAL. That was an error in reporting Infectious diseases. They are now a C! Until they do a clean up corrupted nurses in management, the hospital will continue to fail. WORST PLACE TO WORK!
Pros
The Cafeteria
Terrible department leadership
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Love my coworkers and Administration..... need new department directors....they are too focused on themselves rather the focusing on the patients and their staff ...
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible department directors
Productive place to work
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 30, 2015
Typical day consist of interviewing and registering each patient , as an individual providing the best communication with patients to feel that they are in good hands , answered questions patients may have and made sure each patient was informed of the policies
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is professional and rewarding place to work at.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 27, 2015
Great, enjoyable place to work at. ER is a Very challenging but rewarding place to work at. I enjoy team work situations from the highest levels to the lower levels of employment, so I'm in the right environment to work. I use my personable communication skills to get the job done along with the co-workers that I work with. I enjoy the fast pace and challenging stressful emergency situations that why I work in the emergency department.

The team leaders: such as but not only the Management personnel, doctors ,physician Assistant, Charge Nurses, and so on at PRMC are excellent and highly professional people.

The most valuable aspects that I learned and value are the true meaning of team dynamics and team support at PRMC. We work like a family helping each other and most importantly strive at 100% customer and patient satisfaction.

Thank you.
Pros
Excellant Team Leaders and Team Work.
Advocates for the company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 22, 2015
The company cares about the job getting done, having the credentials it needs, it does not necessarily care about the compassionate component needed to care for patients. The hospital wants to try it's best to look apart of the big hospitals in this area, but the staff is over worked. A physician at the hospital even told me to leave and work some place that would honor a bachelors degree nurse. The nurses try their best to help one another, but some nurses are only there to get their paychecks and leave. The hospital wants to look good on the outside, when on the inside it is disorganized and needs to build together, or they will lose people.
Pros
Much experience to learn
Cons
overworked and stress
Calm but productive
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 7, 2015
Fun and productive place to work, the employees are kinda and willing to help you at any turn. As well as students getting the practice and education they need.
There is great teamwork
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 23, 2015
As a CNA, I work under the supervision of a registered nurse. I take vital signs, and answer call lights. I enjoy being able to assist those that are sick, and helping them feel as comfortable as possible.
Creating and Assisting my Community with Excecllent Health Care
Physician Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 7, 2015
I have been in the medical industry for 20 years. My current title is, "Physician Relations Manager". I work in recruitment, orientation, patient concerns and issues, physician concerns and issues, resolutions in a timely manner, market analysis, physician staffing, relocation of home and office. I work closely with the Director of Business Development and his daily calendar, and meet with 20 physicians weekly to shift surgical volume and admits to the hospital.
The most difficult part of my position is the need and assistance to all departments as at times, we are under staffed. I highly enjoy working with all (400) physicians and especially in patient care as I am a Patient Ambassador, making sure patients needs and concerns are addressed.
Pros
Wonderful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmdale Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Palmdale Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location