Palmdale School District Employee Reviews

Good School District with great staff
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 16, 2017
Working as a Bilingual Assistant, everyday was a learning experience with students, staff and parents. I was blessed to have had worked under great Principals which made my learning and daily activities easy. While lessons and the curriculum dictates the daily activities, it is the students who made the experience of teaching a remarkable life event, but most rewarding is when that students says; "aha!, now I get it" and you can see in his or her facial expression the satisfaction of the new acquired knowledge.
Pros
The teamwork
Cons
Short hours
Fun and diverse place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 20, 2017
I have truly enjoyed the diversity that comes with being a substitute teacher. I enjoy visiting different classrooms and working with different school aged kids. It has been a great learning experience!
Fun learning Place
Campus Aide (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 19, 2017
Great staff and teachers... Learning how to communicate with parents and students. I learn watching the counselors work with the students. It was fun adjusting to the school hours.
Pros
School food and school activities
Cons
Distance to the school
Very fast paced workplace.
Palmdale - Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 19, 2017
Working in a school is a very demanding job. Have a supportive team is needed. Keeping children safe on the playground is very rewarding with positive interactions.
Good District but less support for special education teachers.
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 11, 2017
Serviced students in reading, writing, and math to those students with IEPs. Assessments were completed for new students and current ones. Student caseload was manageable. Prepared IEPs.
Pros
Smaller caseload
Cons
Not enough educational and training support.
Very nice people, very busy, difficult to get a permanent job, even with experience
Substitute Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 10, 2017
Working at the local school district office is very busy. I have met some wonderful people and have made some friends. I enjoy working with the parents and staff and assisting in any way I can .It is difficult to get a permanent job within the district. Otherwise, it has been thoroughly enjoyable working for the local school district.
Pros
Friendly, fast paced office.
Cons
Difficult to get a permanent position
Easy to find jobs
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 29, 2017
There were always open jobs. I never had a problem picking up a day in the grade level that I desired. Most of the time teachers left adequate lesson plans and plenty of work for the students.
Excellent place to work
Student Behavioral Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Start my mornings off with Breakfast Motivation Club, for those students who need an extra push. Work with Gen & Spec ED to help with behavior problems
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Part -Time
Overall enviremental business
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 23, 2017
I love working here because of the customer service provide with excellence and proper acknowledge with city activities and programs and very good with co-workers always there to help each others.
Pros
nice and productive
Cons
not permanent
loved the job not the people
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I loved the job and the kids. The management was hard to deal with. It was hard to be part of a group of people who didn't let outsider's in. It was a very hostile environment it work in. In the end I had to leave.
Pros
The kids
Cons
management
Productive and fun place to work
Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 8, 2017
It was fun being with all the kids and having a good time with them and letting them use their imagination. I feel my sole purpose in life is helping children and I truly enjoy seeing them succeed.
Pros
Be with my children
Cons
No healthcare
fun enjoy PE
LVN/ Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 3, 2017
I am a Para-educator, I work with a one-on-one student. I have fun environment the staff is friendly and amazing co-workers are very helpful. The Director of Nursing amazing and flexible
Palmdale School District
Child Nutrition (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 5, 2016
Awesome company to work for. Some opportunities to advance within district. Overall a good place for someone to help build up their work experience.
Fun environment, friendly staff
Sub Paraeducator Mod-Sev/ Sp Ed Instructor Assist (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 21, 2016
The staff is very friendly and will go above and beyond for their employees. The scheduling is very flexible to one's needs. The pay is not that great, but the job is very rewarding.
Great staff and students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 15, 2016
I learned a lot from my peers and enjoyed working with my students and their parents. I worked well with my grade level team to create lesson plans that met the needs of all our students.
injoy working with a great bunch of teachers and parents
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 15, 2016
check each child as they came in the door, do the required paper work for each child, set out items for the day for daily actives, supervise children when they were out side,
Pros
part time
Great People Unfortunate Conditions
BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 30, 2016
The people and managers are very nice but it is a sink or swim environment as you are not provided with the necessary training, support or resources. The advancement opportunities are great as are the benefits but the constant stress due to the chaos and lack of resources may not be worth it.
Pros
Opportunity to transfer
Cons
Lack of training
District Needs Improvement
Teacher K-8 (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 5, 2016
District needs better structure, more staff, and better organization. They have lost my paperwork with my personal information on it. They have made mistakes in teacher paychecks. And they have made mistakes in raises.
Pros
Health Benefits and Union
Cons
District is unorganized.
An experience where I was not treated fairly
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Started working for Palmdale School District in Nov 2014 and by Feb 2015 I was told that my contract would not be extended but to continue to teach until the end of Jun 2015.
I felt set up to fail the moment I started with no support or training. I had to teach my self their technology and grading system. Behavior was a major problem the minute I started with bullying and behavior write up daily by administration.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
One break for lunch, no recess. Administration was not supporting or accomodating.
Great atmosphere and chance to mentor and inspire students
CAMPUS SECURITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Arrive in morning and secure student skateboards/bikes/scooters. Make sure students went to class on time between passing periods. Help escort students to offices when need be. Also watch class for teacher when had to leave the room. Make sure nobody trespassed on campus or students did not leave campus unauthorized. Learned how to work with students at the preteen age group. Most co-workers worked together. Hardest part was remaining calm while students used profanity towards you and the staff. Most enjoyable was seeing the students listen to your advice/mentoring.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Students blatant disrespect for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmdale School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2