Palmdale School District Employee Reviews in United States

District Needs Improvement
Teacher K-8 (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 5, 2016
District needs better structure, more staff, and better organization. They have lost my paperwork with my personal information on it. They have made mistakes in teacher paychecks. And they have made mistakes in raises.
Pros
Health Benefits and Union
Cons
District is unorganized.
An experience where I was not treated fairly
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Started working for Palmdale School District in Nov 2014 and by Feb 2015 I was told that my contract would not be extended but to continue to teach until the end of Jun 2015.
I felt set up to fail the moment I started with no support or training. I had to teach my self their technology and grading system. Behavior was a major problem the minute I started with bullying and behavior write up daily by administration.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
One break for lunch, no recess. Administration was not supporting or accomodating.
N/a
Maintenance Tech/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 25, 2015
Far west so its a drive if you don't live in the are. Only offer 3 hours per day, with not many opportunities to advance. The people are great and so are the schools, but its just not a place to work if you really need the money.
Enjoyable place to work, good job satisfaction
5th GradeTteacher/ Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 15, 2015
A typical workday begins at 7:30 prepping for the day. I have learned that adults and children are very much the same; they have the same concerns and joys. Management did their best to solve problems between teachers and parents, as well as between teachers and management. Co-workers were amiable and easy to get along with. Teachers collaborated at grade levels; sharing lessons, solutions for students who had difficulty in class and helping each other with student discipline. The hardest part of the job was dealing with parents who didn't collaborate with teachers. While the most enjoyable part of the job documenting student progress and seeing their delight in learning.
Pros
Excellent health benefits, short staff meetings
Cons
working IEP meetings
great place to work rewarding and fun
Sub Special Ed Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 8, 2015
I loved working here but working with kids is no longer for me. I am on call and I am looking for a full time job to sustain myself and my family.
They were helpful to their substitutes when placing them in classes
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 11, 2015
Substitute in any class as need. Sometime lesson plans were given, and sometimes you are asked to "float" in order for teachers to have breaks.
A great company to work for
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 21, 2015
I love my job working for Palmdale School District. the professional staff and management make it a joy to work there. I love being a part of making a safe and clean environment for the students to learn in.
Pros
Friendly environment
good place to work.
Child Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 7, 2015
very fun atmosphere to work in love working with kids good attitudes with all my coworkers and management is great,the hardest part of my job there is none.
Pros
free lunches, seeing all the kids daily.
Cons
health care.
Very nice place to work, friendly staff
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAOctober 31, 2014
I like working at Palmdale School District. I enjoy coming to work everyday and helping the students learn. The staff is very friendly and eager to help the students reach their fullest potential.
Enjoyable place to work
Substitute Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 5, 2014
My co-workers was friendly and knowledgeable of their job duties.
Educational environment for children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMay 13, 2014
Helping kids to set up for the class
differents diversities with actittudes and differents languages and all types of kids and nationality
I only work with the teachers or assistance teachers
harderst thing was not be able to please or to accomplish what the kid or child confort
working with the teacher and helping the kids as a best benefit.
Pros
time with childrens
Cons
no benefits
Felt a little "out of place"
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palmdale CaMay 6, 2014
This was a tough job because I was a sub in a different classroom every day. It was kind of a "thankless" job. I enjoyed it but felt as if I wasn't appreciated by the school staff most of the time.
It is a fun place to work at
Speech Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 29, 2014
I enjoy the kids especially when their faces light up There is so much to do and the children seen very happy there
Pros
crafts one on one
Cons
not hteir enough hours
good
Specail Ed Instr. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 20, 2014
I helped the special needs children in the classroom and recess and lunch time. I helped the Teacher in the classroom.
good
Thankful for being hired.
Custodian/Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Various Palmdale School SitesFebruary 22, 2014
With the economy today, I am very grateful being accepted to join the Palmdale School District. Even though it's a substitute job I appreciate even having a job with no college knowledge, that is truly a blessing, and also look forward to climbing the stairwell to a higher calling. Palmdale School District is a very family and friendly orientated organization, and I enjoy working with Palmdale School District.
I enjoyed my colleagues
Buena Vista Elementary- Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, Ca.February 13, 2014
PSD doesn't give any benefits and they eliminate jobs and pile them on to another part time employee
Good Place to Work
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 25, 2013
A typical day includes dealing with teachers, principals, and office staff, by accomodating their needs and the students.
Pros
dealing with staff
Cons
work hours varies as i am not permanent
Very interesting work, that wasn't work at all.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cactus Middle School Palmdale, Ca.August 30, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was teaching-working with
the children and doing the many things a teacher does.
Elementary! What a great experience
School Aide (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 30, 2013
To me, supervising student at school before, during, and after school Is one of the most important jobs an Aide can do. I've gotten to know lots of kids and I believe speaking with them makes them comfortable knowing you are there for them If they need help
A fun place to work for.
Administrative Secretary- Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJuly 12, 2013
I loved working with the kids at the school. The kids and teachers became my second family.
Pros
having time off at the same time as the students
Cons
sometimes have to eat luch at your desk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmdale School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2