PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC

PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC Employee Reviews

Good college to go to
Student Intern (Former Employee), Port Orange, FLApril 5, 2015
Since it's in Florida, it was definitely fun to go to Palmer there. It was a good learning experience. The management could be better, but overall, a good experience.
A walkthrough on the job...
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Davenport, IAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: progressive job culture, amenities, perks. allowance for independant thinking and problem solving at the lower levels.
Cons: conflicting direction from upper management, miscommunication through departments.
IMAGINE THIS:

You are a chiropractic student on his/her way to do your OSCE's, these important tests are a major milestone to graduation, and ultimately becoming board certified to become a practicing doctor. You are stressed and tired from intense studying the past week. On approaching my area, you're not entirely sure if you're in the right place, or even if you've arrived at the correct time, for you are the only one there. I greet you with a smile, check for your badge and any required paperwork, and assure you that you've come to the right place to take your examinations. I confirm for you that the tests will commence in 15 minutes, your sign in location, instructor, and the location of the testing rooms are just around the corner. I pleasantly wish you good luck on your exams.

Before you can leave, however, a faculty member emerges from his office behind me. He is/was a Member of the Board of Chiropractic, and jauntily greets you. I tell him that you are on your way to do your OSCE's. You say it's your first round of tests, and could you get some pointers from him? A short, pleasant informative chat ensues, and you instantly feel more confident and prepared. You thank the faculty member and me for the assistance, and say that you'll let us know how everything went. You leave with a positive and confident attitude, knowing that wherever you go on campus, and especially this department, you will be supported and assisted along the way, and know that you can count on this friendly, helpful person to either provide assistance, or track down the answer for you.

At job workplace – more... XYZ, however, things don't always go so smoothly. Sometimes there are technical glitches, or even system failures. Sometimes there are co-workers that don't always get along super-perfectly, or instructions from upper management conflict with a supervisor's directions. That's when, it's really important to concentrate on communication, and not assuming anything to be the case without hard evidence to support it. It's super-important to clarify instructions, and report back what your own understanding of it is. If you still don't understand it, get consensus. Share what you know, get the facts, work to provide a solution to the issue with manager approval. It's good to keep a sense of humor, and be able to explain why you did a job task a certain way so that it benefits the patients or students. It's great when a problem can be resolved as a team, as it gives the participants a sense of accomplishment and pride, and brings up morale. It also makes room for creative fun expression so that you can flash mob the Clinic Director! It's also great when you can practice your self-defense skills during working hours, and get CPR certified for free.
\
I hope that this gives you, the reader, an snapshot of the day in the life of my previous position. – less
Good company to work for but student attendance is down.
Cash Assistant - Accountant I - Full Time (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, paid time off and schedule flexibility
Cons: work environment, working conditions, non efficient equipment, not sufficient to work with, proper posture chairs would have been nice
This company is a good company to work for when it comes to salary and benefits. Student attendance is down so downsizing is what they have been doing the past 5 years getting rid of the most experienced and knowledgeable people they have with 12+ years experience.
A productive and great environment to work while I was in school
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Port Orange, FLSeptember 19, 2013
I am responsible for directing calls and information to the public.
Time management
Communication
I enjoy talking to people
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 22, 2013
Interacted with patients, doctors and interns. Most patients were great. Had the occasional upset patient.
Student Chiropractor
Student Chiropractor (Former Employee), Port Orange, FLMay 2, 2013
Excellent School, Excellent Staff, Excellent Patients.

Learned a lot from this internship.
Great atmosphere, excellent working environment
Alumni Representative for a NPO (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 30, 2012
Depending on the department Palmer can be an amazing place to work.
An inspiring and motivating academic atmosphere where chiropractors learn some of the best techniques to offer chiropractic to the general population
Student Extern (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 30, 2012
The most enjoyable part of attending and graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic was that during the time I spent there I felt and knew I was surrounded by some of the best minds in the chiropractic profession and soon to be the best doctors in the that health care field.
The curriculum was challenging and well rounded from the general anatomys, biochemistries, organic chemistries, etc. in the first couple of years to the hands on clinical work the last year and a half. Getting through all of the book work and memorization tested me academically but paid off ten fold when clinic arrived at the end of my time there. It gave me the confidence I needed to feel I knew everything that was needed to start caring for patients and helping them through their health care concerns.
All of the people I came into contact with at Palmer from students to Staff doctors were more than willing to assist me in any way that was needed to advance my knowledge and education. It felt like one big family, we all leaned on each other and assisted each other in order to graduate from such a prestigious school and to call ourselves Palmer graduates.