PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC Employee Reviews

Good Benefits & Compensation
Technical Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 17, 2017
Reasonable work load in office environment.
Time off benefits allow for good work-home life balance.
Enjoyed assisting patrons and contributing to academic achievement.
Excellent learning environment for the chiropractic student
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day consisted of evaluating and treating chiropractic patients. I learned how to adjust patients more effectively, how to communicate care plans, use electronic health records, comply with HIPPA and FERPA, and use different medical equipment. Management was excellent at Palmer College. The hardest part of the job was having to leave the patients that I grew to know and love after 1 short year! The best part of the job was how much I learned about chiropractic and being able to help people who were in pain.
Pros
Excellent mentors
Planning Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 8, 2016
Lots great and caring people, great hours and very flexible management style. College has a great vacation, sick and personal time off package. Great educational benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities as everyone loves to work there.
Productive and great environment for work
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 14, 2016
the job was an internship as a senior student in order to get involved in the field of quality management. overall the experience was great as the staff is an open minded staff that accept advice and welcome new ideas in order to improve and develop process to help and provide better services.
Productive and intense job
Senior Project (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 11, 2016
➢ Over 200 hours of investigating and improving the efficiency of the clinicians’ performance.
➢ Analyzed the system issues and improved the design process of the CIP’s system.
Pros
Great people and environment
Great co-workers
Account Manger / Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 10, 2016
This was an amazing experience. I loved my co-workers and managers. I learned so much in my 10 years I spent there. the hardest part of my job was leaving and moving up the ladder
Pros
Great people
Cons
no room for advancement
Learning from Experienced Sports Chiropractor Mentor
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMarch 11, 2016
Learned a lot about soft tissue disfunction for the athlete and sedentary individual alike. Enjoyed seeing quick results and satisfaction in patient care. Patient's returned for maintenance care frequently and for competition preparation.
Chiropractic Care
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 18, 2015
The best Chiropractic College -West of Mississippi. Students who graduates from this campus have a better job outlook compared other Chiropractic schools. Techniques taught as part of the curriculum is backed by research and proven helpful to patients. Patients do get better quicker. Provides good advice on maintaining health and prolong life.
Typical day at work - opening and closing store; buying, selling, customer service to community.
Hardest part of the job - teaching media, such as textbooks and class notes is moving to electronic (on-line) version which makes sales goals a bit challenging.
Enjoyable part of job - the people (students, staff, alumni & community) I served. Being able to help out someones needs gives me great satisfaction that I was able to attend to their needs.
Management is good and provides positive strategic direction where the industry is going, which makes this field very popular to a lot of students.
Pros
Best Chiropractic College
Cons
Smaller Enrollment - has not reached its potential
External Relations
College External Relations (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 16, 2015
Requires a great deal of travel. The work is very rewarding even though it is often a challenging balance between my professional and personal life.
Pros
Very palpable results
Cons
Time away from home/family
Administration leaves a lot to be desired
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 20, 2015
The only thing good about this job was the pay. Administration clearly demonstrated they don't care about employees. I enjoyed the work I did and working with my co-workers, but was constantly under major stress from higher-ups. They are only interested in how much research you do, done mostly on your own time.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Administration doesn't care about faculty.
Good college to go to
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLApril 5, 2015
Since it's in Florida, it was definitely fun to go to Palmer there. It was a good learning experience. The management could be better, but overall, a good experience.
A walkthrough on the job...
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 21, 2014
IMAGINE THIS:

You are a chiropractic student on his/her way to do your OSCE's, these important tests are a major milestone to graduation, and ultimately becoming board certified to become a practicing doctor. You are stressed and tired from intense studying the past week. On approaching my area, you're not entirely sure if you're in the right place, or even if you've arrived at the correct time, for you are the only one there. I greet you with a smile, check for your badge and any required paperwork, and assure you that you've come to the right place to take your examinations. I confirm for you that the tests will commence in 15 minutes, your sign in location, instructor, and the location of the testing rooms are just around the corner. I pleasantly wish you good luck on your exams.

Before you can leave, however, a faculty member emerges from his office behind me. He is/was a Member of the Board of Chiropractic, and jauntily greets you. I tell him that you are on your way to do your OSCE's. You say it's your first round of tests, and could you get some pointers from him? A short, pleasant informative chat ensues, and you instantly feel more confident and prepared. You thank the faculty member and me for the assistance, and say that you'll let us know how everything went. You leave with a positive and confident attitude, knowing that wherever you go on campus, and especially this department, you will be supported and assisted along the way, and know that you can count on this friendly, helpful person to either provide assistance, or track down the answer for you.
  more...

At job workplace XYZ, however, things don't always go so smoothly. Sometimes there are technical glitches, or even system failures. Sometimes there are co-workers that don't always get along super-perfectly, or instructions from upper management conflict with a supervisor's directions. That's when, it's really important to concentrate on communication, and not assuming anything to be the case without hard evidence to support it. It's super-important to clarify instructions, and report back what your own understanding of it is. If you still don't understand it, get consensus. Share what you know, get the facts, work to provide a solution to the issue with manager approval. It's good to keep a sense of humor, and be able to explain why you did a job task a certain way so that it benefits the patients or students. It's great when a problem can be resolved as a team, as it gives the participants a sense of accomplishment and pride, and brings up morale. It also makes room for creative fun expression so that you can flash mob the Clinic Director! It's also great when you can practice your self-defense skills during working hours, and get CPR certified for free.
\
I hope that this gives you, the reader, an snapshot of the day in the life of my previous position.
Pros
Progressive job culture, amenities, perks. Allowance for independant thinking and problem solving at the lower levels.
Cons
Conflicting direction from upper management, miscommunication through departments.
Good company to work for but student attendance is down.
Cash Assistant - Accountant I - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 28, 2014
This company is a good company to work for when it comes to salary and benefits. Student attendance is down so downsizing is what they have been doing the past 5 years getting rid of the most experienced and knowledgeable people they have with 12+ years experience.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Paid time off and Schedule flexibility
Cons
Work environment, Working conditions, Non efficient equipment, Not sufficient to work with, Proper posture chairs would have been nice
A productive and great environment to work while I was in school
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 19, 2013
I am responsible for directing calls and information to the public.
Time management
Communication
I enjoy talking to people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 22, 2013
Interacted with patients, doctors and interns. Most patients were great. Had the occasional upset patient.
Student Chiropractor
Student Chiropractor (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 2, 2013
Excellent School, Excellent Staff, Excellent Patients.

Learned a lot from this internship.
Great atmosphere, excellent working environment
Alumni Representative for a NPO (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 30, 2012
Depending on the department Palmer can be an amazing place to work.
An inspiring and motivating academic atmosphere where chiropractors learn some of the best techniques to offer chiropractic to the general population
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 30, 2012
The most enjoyable part of attending and graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic was that during the time I spent there I felt and knew I was surrounded by some of the best minds in the chiropractic profession and soon to be the best doctors in the that health care field.
The curriculum was challenging and well rounded from the general anatomys, biochemistries, organic chemistries, etc. in the first couple of years to the hands on clinical work the last year and a half. Getting through all of the book work and memorization tested me academically but paid off ten fold when clinic arrived at the end of my time there. It gave me the confidence I needed to feel I knew everything that was needed to start caring for patients and helping them through their health care concerns.
All of the people I came into contact with at Palmer from students to Staff doctors were more than willing to assist me in any way that was needed to advance my knowledge and education. It felt like one big family, we all leaned on each other and assisted each other in order to graduate from such a prestigious school and to call ourselves Palmer graduates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PALMER COLLEGE OF CHIROPRACTIC. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3