Palmer Group Employee Reviews in United States

The Staff
Administration (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 12, 2016
Palmer Group staff have a lot to learn about professionalism and returning phone calls and showing that they are keeping an eye out for their clients. Staff do not communicate with their clients. I've worked with professional head hunters in other states before and Palmer Group does not rate well.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
Unprofessional and do keep in touch with their clients.
Only worked briefly as a temp
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DES MOINESApril 2, 2015
Didn't work there long enough to form a good impression. I left after only 3 months to start graduate study
The job was not challenging. The agency placed me at a level that was below my qualifications
Better Customer Service
Client Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 15, 2015
Needs to work on better Customer Service. Was very rude when asked questions just very short. Took a long time for them to place in a job. Once assignment ended didn't have any other open positions to place me in. So had to start job search all over again after waiting months for them to place in another position. Overall I would not recommend working for them just due to the fact they weren't very pleasant, they are supposed to be there to answer and provide any and all information necessary to your job and that just didn't happen and was made to feel as if I was inconveniencing them by asking questions.
Pros
they deal with good companies to work for
Cons
customer service not very pleasant
Out of integrity
Consultant (Former Employee) –  west des moines, IANovember 24, 2014
Job posting, title and responsibilities aren't aligned with actual placement position. Recruiters write, say and do what they need to for themselves and do not value their people, only their Businesses. Misled, misunderstood and mistaken for a Professional, but wasn't treated like one. Consider another agency that will have an allegiance to integrity.
Pros
retractable lanyard
Cons
fake females
Great recruiting team
Customer Service Representative II/Processor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 20, 2014
My recruiter and other recruiters were very pleasant and helpful throughout the assignment.
temp to hire
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Des Moines IowaMarch 12, 2014
did not work out. Very little support from management the business i worked for through the palmer group did not treat me like i was a real part of the team. since I was only a temp.
Business office setting telephonic nursing at wellmark
Pros
regular hours
Cons
poor recognition and support for permanent position
to unstable
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAAugust 7, 2013
one day your on an assignment and the next they call you and tell you your done! there is a real lack of communication.
Effective employment agency
Data Entry (Operations Clerk 3 - Wells Fargo) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 26, 2013
The Palmer Group was very clean, professional, and quick to find me a position through their temp service. I walked in for a preliminary interview to find a very nice office with very polite people ready to help me find work. They found a position for me in less than a week, I think that's pretty good.
Very nice place to work for.
Clerical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 23, 2013
Very professional place to work for. Good comunication, helpful staff with excellent response when needed. Working for a temp agency you get to meet a lot of diverse people and culture differnces of the people.
Pros
the incentives of the company.
Cons
there is no cons of the company.
No second chances here.
Income Calculator (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 11, 2012
I worked for Palmer Group from October 2011 to April 2012. I left them to accept a full time position, which turned out to not be a fit for me. I went back to Palmer Group and accepted an assignment that I could not physically perform. I called Palmer Group and was told to stay at the job. I chose not to and am now banned from working at Palmer Group. I hope no one at the company has to go through being physically able to handle any task, to not being able to sit in one place for more than an hour. Don't make any mistakes.
Pros
for a temporary service, the pay is decent depending on the job.
Cons
unforgiving on assignments, low-rate "insurance", no paid time off
Worked for several different clients
Various - Temp (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 10, 2012
Typical day at work varied depending on assignment. Most were short term.

Hardest part of job was changing jobs on a frequent basis.

2.9