Palmer Johnson (PJ) Power Systems has a great opportunity for a Shop Helper to eventually grow into a Service Technician role. The Shop Helper is responsible for assisting the Service Department in completing equipment repairs efficiently in order to keep jobs moving throughout the service/reman process, as well as, to help maintain cleanliness and order throughout the service bay. Build your own destiny with our small but growing company located in Santa Fe Springs.
Who are we?
Palmer Johnson Power Systems is a dynamic industry leader who is committed to providing superior customer service. We’re a national remanufacturer and authorized distributor of heavy-duty off-highway transmissions, axles and components, representing such vendors as Twin Disc, ZF, Funk, Clark, AxleTech, Wichita, Eaton, Murphy, Carraro and more. We have been in business for over 30 years and our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to providing employees with an atmosphere that fosters and encourages job satisfaction, creativity and development.
How do you know if you are the right fit for this job…if you can answer the following questions “yes!” then we want you to apply!
- Do you have a technical degree in diesel or automotive (preferred but not required)?
- Do you have experience in keeping work areas clean, organized and in a safe working order?
- Have you worked in field service and/or are you willing to work into a field service position?
- Do you have a can-do attitude (willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done)?
- Are you able to work independently with minimal or no guidance?
- Are you able to read assembly manuals, drawings and schematics?
- Are you in good physical condition (the ability to lift 50 lbs and stand for 8 consecutive hours)?
- Do you have ability to communicate well with customers and have a strong sense of urgency?
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
If this sounds like everything you are looking for in your next career, now is the time to apply! PJ is a market leader with a niche industry and we pride ourselves on being a small, privately owned company. We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package that includes 401(k), health insurance, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, wellness, time-off benefits, and a leadership development training program.
Please visit our website for more information about our company and our products at www.pjpower.com
We will only accept candidates that apply through our website (not directly from Indeed). Please apply for the position, by going to: www.pjpower.com/careers