Palmetto GBA

Palmetto GBA Employer Reviews

Contract Job
Provider Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 5, 2014
This job was a contract government job. I loved m managers and m coworkers. I talked to the doctors and clearing house representatives. I loved this job because everything was on hand. The hardest part of the job was so man calls within a day. Other than the I enjoyed working here.
Great
Electronic Data Interchange Technician I (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 29, 2014
Provides first level technical support to a variety of customers comprising the submitter community, as well as basic internal support via analysis and research into EDI-related issues as required by business contracts.

Offer basic internal support via analysis and research into EDI-related issues as required.

Process ANSI 835 & 837 transactions, – more... Trading Partner Agreements, and loading data into database on Access upon completion.

DB2/SQL/ QMF for non-programmers this training course taught me how to delegate all SQL statements required to read, manipulate and join DB2 tables. In addition the course shows how QMF (Query Management Facility) can be used to create queries, reports, forms and procedures. It is aimed at those who have little or no previous QMF and SQL experience. – less
Excellent place to work
Palmetto GBA (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: not close to resturauts
Cons: cafeteria cost of food
Consisted of working a report which dictate Applications submitted for approval

Learned to work the system which contained data put in the system by me or electronicly submitted by Providers wanting to get approval for payment.

Management was making sure the tracking system was up to date for any requested material

Were great individuals worked as – more... a team

The hardest part of the job was research on the changes for the different states which constantly changed

I was so busy the day went fast – less
Awesome
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2014
I actually love working at Palmetto. I just have bigger dreams that I need to fulfill.
Very fun workplace
Data Entry Technician (Current Employee), Camden, SCJune 22, 2014
Index over 800 various Medicare A & B documents daily within J11 IFlow system, CSSC Production and TPA Production.Prepare a daily report for management for pending work.Attend training to learn any updates/changes.Work and communicate with indexing team to ensure daily priority assignments are completed.Process documentation submitted through Fax Screen – more... Splitter(FSS) using in depth analysis to ensure accurate destination of documents while continuously meeting timeliness and quality standards – less
Great company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 2, 2014
Pros: schedule and benfits
Cons: short breaks
Loved this company, not very easy to advance but possible. great schedules, great facilty
NA
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), columbia scMay 30, 2014
9 to 5
answer telephone calls.
assist with insurance claims.
Medicare Associate
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 27, 2014
I enrolled people into the different drug plans. I learn about the many different drugs.
Poor review
APPEALS ACCOUNTING CLERK II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 20, 2014
Company enmeshed in archaic management structure. Zero-autonomy. Poor management. Employees not treated like professionals.
fun and diverse work environment
Document Control Technician (Former Employee), Augusta GAMay 16, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: no advancement
co-workers and management was accepting of me and assisted in any way they could.
Over great work experience
EDI Associate I (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 11, 2014
I have really enjoyed my employment experience at Palmetto GBA. My co-workers and management team was very knowledgeable, helpful, and reliable. The hardest part of the job was the during the peak season the phone ringing constantly. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with some great co-workers and wonderful management.
very fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 25, 2014
this is a very good company and also working with great people. work days were fast and easy
Good Company
EDI Operations Analyst III/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 23, 2014
Pros: convienent to home
Cons: poor management
Palmetto GBA was a good company to work for. There wasn't much opportunity for advancement.
productive
Customers Service Representative I (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 9, 2014
Great Company to work for. Worked there for 18 years. Management was poor.
The staff was very knowledgeable.
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2014
Pros: worked close to home.
Cons: glass celing, no opportunity for advancing my career.
Worked daily on provider's appeals to determine is claim was processed correctly and made adjustment if documentation supported it.
Overwhelming workload, very little training
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: lack of training
When I first started this job, there was an overabundance of work to be done. This decreased as contracts were lost to other providers. My training was very incomplete considering the important nature of the job I was doing. Due to a decrease in workload, I was eventually laid off.
I learned alot
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 21, 2014
You have to be a team player in the division I work in. sometimes in order to meet timeliness metric you may have to do someone else work.
Medicare Appeals Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: provided activities for employees
Overall, good benefits and compensation. Advancement opportunities available. Enjoyed working with co-workers and manager.
Great Experience
CSR (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working here! Getting to communicate with people from all over the US, and helping them enroll in a Prescription Drug Plan. There was never a dull moment working here.
A good place to work
EDI Operation Help Desk Associate (Current Employee), Columbia, South CarolinaJanuary 9, 2014
Palmetto GBA is a good place to work with onsite gym facilities and cafeteria.

1 2 3 4 5

About Palmetto GBA

Palmetto GBA provides claims processing in and beyond the Palmetto State. A subsidiary of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of South Carolina, – Read more