Palmetto GBA Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2017
Palmetto GBA is a great place to advance your skills, they provide you with the opportunity to move up with the company, The benefits are excellent and they have great incentives.
Productive, friendly and supportive co workers.
Senior System Support Admn (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2017
Day starts with checking mails and responding. Attending stand ups to talk about the work finished previous day. Discuss the defects/bugs logged in .
Had mixed culture at work place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you are given challenges at work.
Idk
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 3, 2017
Worked here as a temp employee. The workload was fairly easy, but the wages were nearly ridiculous. The company and the temp agency should renegotiate wages.
Pros
Weekends off - who doesn't love that?
Cons
Not so great wages
Good Benefits
Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2017
Employed there for 11 years. I liked all of my Managers except my last one. I like the fact that the company provides benefits for their employees. I enjoyed meeting new people. The workload can be stressful at times
Benefits
Cons
Not alot of OT, contracts
Federally Funded
Project Specialist Medicare Secondary Payer Unit (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2017
Fast paced and quality driven company responsible for claims payment of Medicare claims for two states. Contract renewal yearly. No longer performing the work
Awesome Employer
Data Prep Tech II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 24, 2017
Palmetto GBA is an awesome place to work. I have the best manager on earth. It is very community oriented and has very good benefits. If it wasn't for situations at home I would not be seeking to work from home.
Glad I left
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Not a great place to work. The government contracts come up for renewal often, leaving the employees uncertain about their future. Security is overkill. (a guard sits at the door to make sure after a person swipes their badge to enter, the door has to close behind them before the next person can swipe their badge.) That's a complete waste of government funds. Raises are seldom since it's a government contract. "It's not in the budget" seems to be the mantra. Even things as simple as dress code are a discouragement to employees. On "jeans day", the associates are not even allowed to wear sneakers into the building. Capri pants for women are not allowed. It's really laughable. No opportunities for advancement. When ADP came to Augusta, many associates left for ADP. TENURED associates with over 15 years of experience. NOTHING was done to try to get them to stay.
Pros
No holidays or weekends
Cons
employee morale is low and nothing is done to improve it
job security
RN Medical Reviewer 2 (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 6, 2017
placed on furlough after 6 months with 24 hours notice due to government stop loss.
good work life balance
company offers decent benefits and pay
training was unorganized
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of job security
Terrible Place To Work
Medical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 25, 2017
Palmetto GBA offers no job security unless you are in certain divisions. If you are not a RN or have a BS in management or finances you can not get promoted. They will do a work force reduction or a furlough with only two or three days notice. They do offer work from home positions but the pay and benefits are terrible. The management are not compassionate and do not care about their employees. They will have information concerning your job and not be honest when you ask. Also managers have favorites and those are the ones that get promotions and/or notice/ recommended for other positions. Working at Palmetto GBA is very stressful and offers NO job stability. Not a recommend place of employment.
Pros
Cons
Pay, stability, benefits and degree discrimination
Stressful
Finance & Accounting, Accounting Technician II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 27, 2017
My first Supervisor was an angel and I loved working with her. However, the job was stressful and the pay was terrible. However, I learned a lot and that is my satisfaction. They discriminate against minorities. They do not let you advance in the company, for that reason.
Pros
Healthcare and educational benefits
Cons
Terrible salary and discrimination against minorities
Not a good place to work
worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 25, 2017
Not a good place to work. No one knows what they are supposed to do and people who have worked there for awhile don't work at all. Very unorganized and not steady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 24, 2017
Very fast paced and productive place to work. It is a great entry level position for people wanting to enter the Customer service field. I definitely recommend.
Workplace Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2017
Palmetto GBA was at one time a great company to work for. There has been several changes over the last 6 years that has diminished the work experience for most.
Cons
Almost everything
productive workplace
APPEALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 16, 2017
Management is great! The schedule is awesome. The workload is steady. The hardest part of the job is learning new systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is teamwork with my coworkers.
Pros
good schedule
Cons
n/a
Very productive, famiy environment, room for a little advancement, work life balance.
VA Choice Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me is taking inbound calls from veterans and providers. There is a lot of investigating and researching in various systems to resolve any issues or questions. Some calls are two hours long. Management is willing to assist at any time so is floor support. Hardest part of the job is letting the veterans know we could not schedule them an appointment within the time-frame we have or letting them know their authorization has been cancelled when they really needed the care. Most enjoyable part is being on the phones with the veterans and the cafeteria.lol. They have everything in there. Also we get discounts off of lots of events. They are always having something going on to get you involved.
Pros
pay and work life balance
Cons
short breaks
Good
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good place to work, I enjoyed my time there. I recommend this place to anyone that wants to get a start in thier careers. They have a good culture
Loving workplace
EDI Associate I (MAPD Help Desk) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of providing training to resident relating to personal and social adjustment in today’s society, supervises and give assistance to individuals completing everyday chores, participates on the interdisciplinary team for individuals, and provides informal behavioral counseling to residents with personal and behavioral problems. You get to work with some awesome reliable, hard-working, team members. The management within this company is very willing to lend a helping hands. The most enjoyable part of the job is the smile on the individual's face.
Pros
Getting to meet some wonderful indviduals
Cons
No breaks
Typical govt contractor
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2016
This job was just like any other government contract work that i have had. The biggest complaint that i would have is the company did not embrace change or have great compensation.
company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 14, 2016
The company handled situations from the employee in a professional manner. My manager was very fair. Work material was provided as well as weekly training.
Stable and productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2016
Consistent and steady work flow. Great work hours. Doesn't pay the best. Co-workers keep to themselves. Clear and consistent job expectations. Management is decent.
Pros
Very Consistent
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto GBA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval