Palmetto Health Employee Reviews

PHR Summary
Neonatal ICU, Acute Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 3, 2017
Great teamwork! Patient assignments not always safe. There are a lot of skilled and competent nurses willing to teach and help the new nurses which is always great.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
scheduling, assignments
Palmetto Health
HRIS Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 1, 2017
Palmetto Health was one of my first professional jobs in Human Resources. The management was great and played a viable part in my development over the course of 9 years.
Great Place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 30, 2017
Palmetto Heath is a great place to work and grow. They offer training, higher learning and they provide opportunity for advancement if you desire it. They also require you to have prior experience which is good in a lot of ways.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Very large place to get around
Always learning something new
Register Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 30, 2017
Learn something new but the salary does not increase that often. Need to have more employees....always cutting staff when help is needed....overtime is a big "No"
Pros
Staff is awesome to work with
Cons
Benefits are not good
Fun, exciting, professional.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed learning so much. I faxed, planned, and emailed for future jobs in the health care field. Love working in the healthcare. Met some incredible people along the way. super friendly.
Pros
the free experience
Nice place to work
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 25, 2017
I enjoy working at palmetto health richland its a nice friendly place to work.. Advancement into different fields are offer though classes and college.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Heavy load
nice place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 22, 2017
Its a nice place to work. People you work with a great and money is very good. Good place to start in Security. Get you ready for a different job. Maybe go to Lexington County Sherrifs
Pros
friendly people
Cons
staff are extreme tattle tales
good place to work
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2017
she he we as milk boy yes dog cat rat matt alkall me we red tear done with my stupid boy great place to work has had 2 positions over the past 3 years here. I love it
VEry good place to work
Team Lead Cash Posting (Former Employee) –  Columbia SCMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Palmetto health, good place to work, excellent pay and paid time off benefits. Very family oriented and understands family comes first.
Pros
Cafeteria
Large Healthcare Provider for the Midlands
OB/GYN, Mother/Baby Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 10, 2017
Palmetto Health can be a great place to work. The company is very large and has plenty of opportunities. There is room for growth if that's what you choose to do.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities
Cons
The pay could be beter
Very productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 29, 2017
clock in, get your pagers and head up to your floor is typical day at work,Managment is nice and helpful.The hardest part of the job is working with sick patients. The most enjoyable part being around friendly nice people.
Great staff , poor moral lots of turn over, low pay
Clinical Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richland County, SCApril 29, 2017
Great upper management
Great staff
Low pay and addition responsibilities lead to high turn over and constant moving around of internal staff. Constant bombardment of "you need to do this"
Although a push for work life balance it seems you almost need a room to stay in so you can meet the constant demands.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low pay
Love the Culture
Laboratory Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2017
Work is great as well as the culture of Palmetto Health. In my position advancement is not there but everything else is fantastic.Management is always there to answer any questions we have.
It's okay
HIM Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2017
For the area, it's okay. The whole area is horrible with pay, however. Employees have low moral. They do not want to work, but want to be paid. It's like elementary here: holding hands, creating time lines and assignments for the employees to do...
Great Job
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 15, 2017
Really pleasent place to work. I love being apart of this company they have made working here great for me, this company offers the best customer service.
Enjoyable workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 13, 2017
My experience working at Palmetto Health was great. Wonderful opportunity for education and experience. Would definitely recommend working here if the opportunity is there.
Great culture and leadership
Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 12, 2017
Great place to work! Upper leadership is caring, doctors are wonderful. The culture is one of mutual respect and care for each other and patients. Management empowers employees.
Great Place To Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 10, 2017
I provided administrative support to a non emergent department at Palmetto Health, but felt that Palmetto Health did care about their employees - providing recognition during various recognition weeks (ie nurses week) during the year.
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 6, 2017
My department is a great place to work with caring co-workers. I love having every weekend off because it gives me the needed time to spend with my actual family. Those that I work with are my family as well and I would not trade them for any other department if I did not have to.
I like the hours that I worked
Medical Records Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 5, 2017
I had worked there as a temp and would like to work there permanently. I had like the like the area that I had worked in. I had learned a lot while I was there. The hardest part about the job was dealing with the patients. They was rude at times and didn't understand that the couldn't get the same appointment each time.
Cons
short breaks