Palmetto Health

Palmetto Health Employer Reviews

Great Benefits but management doesn't care about your advancement
Catering Chef (Former Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management holds you back from growth
Besides the benefits that the job offers the work compared to the pay is not worth the trouble if you work in food service department. Food Service department is ran by crabs in bucket(meaning as you try to grow within the company they pull you back down) Advancement is very difficult whether you have a Culinary Arts Degree or not. They take Time over Knowledge. But not all bad you do work with some good people and co-workers in other departments are nice.
I loved working for palmetto health
Registered Nurse, Acute Care of the Elderly Unit (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2014
I have learned to work in a critical care setting, I have obtained new skills such as starting IVs, managing chest tubes, how to prioritize.
High competitive, challenging and fast paste work environment.
Registered Nurse, CV/Med. Intermediate Care Unit (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 30, 2014
Pros: family oriented environment.
Cons: 12 hour shifts
I consider myself as a very professional, compassionate and extremely caring person/nurse. I enjoy working as an active member of a team, where my qualifications and good energy increase customer satisfaction and productivity.
I believe that respect and collaboration is the the key to success as a team member.
I enjoy and take proud on helping others, and make a difference in my patient's life.
Do not recommend working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great rn coworkers
Cons: lazy nursing assistants, and poor management
The management sucks with high turnover. The nursing assistants suck even more because they are lazy. The nurses are great and helpful. Patient load is a lot between 4-6. We RARELY get 4 patients. We mostly get 5-6 patients. You barely have any downtime and by the time you get home you just want to pass out.
Great work environment
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Great work environment, management cares for all, really makes you feel at home.
Med-Surg, TELE, ICU, SICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 25, 2014
started my career. Was very aggressive in moving up. Learned all my tools along the way. Was than able to care for the most critical patients.
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long drive from my home
I monitored between 12 and 20 patients per day. I was responsible for reporting any discrepancies to the nurse in charge. This was a fast paced environment. The hospital had good benefits and the people I worked with were like family. The hardest part of the job was the long drive from my home. The most enjoyable part was participating in regular family oriented activities.
excellent
RN Traveler (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 24, 2014
worked on nuero med surg floor. worked with HIV, stroke, trach patients
Busy E.R., a variety of diferent patients,
E.R. Registration Supervisor (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 16, 2014
Busy but fun place to work because of the staff. Usually short staffed. Worked a lot of OT.
Caring organization.
Manager of Financial Analysis (Current Employee), CorporateAugust 13, 2014
Great mission statement!

Great CEO!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Best Place to receive care
Patient Care TechnicianIII / Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work includes: taking vital signs,
bathing, ambulating patients, performing blood sugar checks, venipuncture, collecting specimens,
transporting, assisting with activities of daily living, interacting with the patients and their families,
keeping their rooms neat and tidy, and listening and advocating for the patients. As a unit secretary, a typical work day
includes:answering multiple phone lines, transcribing doctors orders,
printing the nurses schedules for the day, assigning patient beds, making follow up appointments,
making consults, ordering supplies, stocking patient snacks, faxing/copying, keeping my desk and
surrounding work space clean, and enthusiastically greeting patients, their families, and visitors.
Nice and productive environment
Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 6, 2014
Great benefits
Very challenging job.
Productive and busy business.
Nice place to work.
Dental Clinic
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Columbia,SCAugust 5, 2014
Cons: rude co-workers
Would never work there again. The dental clinic. From the Dr.'s on down there's a lot of "backbiting" and "tattling" just like little kids. Really wish things would've worked out because I've always wanted a job there at the clinic.
A typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at work is Fastpaced, interacting with my patients, and working with my second family.
Productive and fun workplace.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: did not really have any.
Great people at this job. Family atmosphere was set in place. Compensation was good as well.
good attitude
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: 45.
love care, joy .I passionate because love working with co-workers.
productive
IT Specialist (Former Employee), 5 med parkJune 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to Work
Clinical Support Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 20, 2014
Great place to work. Just couldnt ever deal with management always had to go through other people in the office.If you do you're job they wont give you trouble.
Save yourself a lot of stress and belittling
RN NICU (Former Employee), Richland Columbia, SCJune 16, 2014
Pros: reward of being part of pt & family's life, providing them w/compassion & care they need & deserve during a difficult time, nurses tried to look out for each other, it was the outsiders for the outsiders & the "click for the click".
Cons: dishonest, fake management who constantly stabbed people in the back, under staffed, inappropriate patient ratios, to many inexperienced nurses (especially on night shift), pay wasn't great, but if a person loves where they work that's not the priority, the benefits are terrible, and the "clicks" with management included!
I loved the job I did, but management makes most everyone want to find another job.Upper management is blind or chooses to ignore things that go on.Very few trust the assist managers, manager, or director, and feel there's no one to turn to or trust.I noticed there are not many nurse reviews here so I feel it's important to share my experience.They hire mainly new grads in the nicu so they can pay them less and make the managers dept budget look good.I'm glad I didn't have more time invested than I did.Nurses who have been there for years fear for their future and keep quiet out of fear of retaliation.I had great managers on night shift, but they ran them off too.When I went to day shift my body felt better in a way, but the Manager and assist manager were always out to get someone and didn't mind telling staff they were replaceable.The patient ratios were always out of control, but they knew how to make it look ok on paper for DHEC.Something bad is bound to happen, of course it does, they just keep it quiet.They fired staff who have gone out for legitimate reasons on medical leave because they ran out of FMLA.We always needed nurses, but they would not allow them to return.They were told they had to re interview for the job and the ones whom did were then told they didn't qualify. How can a person work at a job for 10 to 35 yrs with good evaluations be told that.Those people were not attendance problem people, but just didn't fit into the "click" they have going.And of course the click was part of the people who do the interviews.Management ask if we needs things or have advice – more... for the unit, but it's all a part of the script.They don't care what you think and there's no money in the budget to buy needed equipment.After surverys a few yrs ago, which most of us are convinced they are rigged, they finally moved the nurse manager out the nicu and gave her a job working with the director with better pay.She never was at work when she should have been as a manager,they think we are blind and those in their click never talk, but she is rewarded with a promotion and can be away more now.The new manager couldnt take care of a level III patient if she had to and she does what the old manager and "click" tell her to do. I heard she couldnt even pass state boards the first several times and had to get her lpn while waiting and taking classes to take boards again. Since I only heard this I looked up her licensing and found it to be true. One of the clicks who didnt pass her's the first time, along with her best friend (the ex manager who got the promotion) seems to think that is the bond the 3 of them have. Doesn't sound like something to be proud of to me. When they decide they want someone gone they don't stop until they get them out including, people nearing retirement. They talk down to staff and about staff members behind their back.There is no employee confidentiality in that department.I can't believe they haven't been sued yet.This is not exaggerated and if anything very mild. For the safety of the patients and the fairness and legal rights of the nurses this unit needs to be throughly investigated. I can only speak of the NICU since that is where I worked there as a RN, although I saw and heard lots of the same things going on in Labor & Delivery, Newborn, and Post partum all which is under Women's services with the same Director and old NICU manager controlling! – less
Didn't like pay
Microbiology Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 8, 2014
Cons: pay
The job in itself was pretty good. The pay just wasn't up to par.