Palmetto Health

Palmetto Health Employer Reviews

Dental Clinic
Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Columbia,SCAugust 5, 2014
Cons: rude co-workers
Would never work there again. The dental clinic. From the Dr.'s on down there's a lot of "backbiting" and "tattling" just like little kids. Really wish things would've worked out because I've always wanted a job there at the clinic.
A typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2014
A typical day at work is Fastpaced, interacting with my patients, and working with my second family.
Productive and fun workplace.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: did not really have any.
Great people at this job. Family atmosphere was set in place. Compensation was good as well.
good attitude
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 6, 2014
Pros: 45.
love care, joy .I passionate because love working with co-workers.
productive
IT Specialist (Former Employee), 5 med parkJune 27, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to Work
Clinical Support Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 20, 2014
Great place to work. Just couldnt ever deal with management always had to go through other people in the office.If you do you're job they wont give you trouble.
Save yourself a lot of stress and belittling
RN NICU (Former Employee), Richland Columbia, SCJune 16, 2014
Pros: reward of being part of pt & family's life, providing them w/compassion & care they need & deserve during a difficult time, nurses tried to look out for each other, it was the outsiders for the outsiders & the "click for the click".
Cons: dishonest, fake management who constantly stabbed people in the back, under staffed, inappropriate patient ratios, to many inexperienced nurses (especially on night shift), pay wasn't great, but if a person loves where they work that's not the priority, the benefits are terrible, and the "clicks" with management included!
I loved the job I did, but management makes most everyone want to find another job.Upper management is blind or chooses to ignore things that go on.Very few trust the assist managers, manager, or director, and feel there's no one to turn to or trust.I noticed there are not many nurse reviews here so I feel it's important to share my experience.They – more... hire mainly new grads in the nicu so they can pay them less and make the managers dept budget look good.I'm glad I didn't have more time invested than I did.Nurses who have been there for years fear for their future and keep quiet out of fear of retaliation.I had great managers on night shift, but they ran them off too.When I went to day shift my body felt better in a way, but the Manager and assist manager were always out to get someone and didn't mind telling staff they were replaceable.The patient ratios were always out of control, but they knew how to make it look ok on paper for DHEC.Something bad is bound to happen, of course it does, they just keep it quiet.They fired staff who have gone out for legitimate reasons on medical leave because they ran out of FMLA.We always needed nurses, but they would not allow them to return.They were told they had to re interview for the job and the ones whom did were then told they didn't qualify. How can a person work at a job for 10 to 35 yrs with good evaluations be told that.Those people were not attendance problem people, but just didn't fit into the "click" they have going.And of course the click was part of the people who do the interviews.Management ask if we needs things or have advice for the unit, but it's all a part of the script.They don't care what you think and there's no money in the budget to buy needed equipment.After surverys a few yrs ago, which most of us are convinced they are rigged, they finally moved the nurse manager out the nicu and gave her a job working with the director with better pay.She never was at work when she should have been as a manager,they think we are blind and those in their click never talk, but she is rewarded with a promotion and can be away more now.The new manager couldnt take care of a level III patient if she had to and she does what the old manager and "click" tell her to do. I heard she couldnt even pass state boards the first several times and had to get her lpn while waiting and taking classes to take boards again. Since I only heard this I looked up her licensing and found it to be true. One of the clicks who didnt pass her's the first time, along with her best friend (the ex manager who got the promotion) seems to think that is the bond the 3 of them have. Doesn't sound like something to be proud of to me. When they decide they want someone gone they don't stop until they get them out including, people nearing retirement. They talk down to staff and about staff members behind their back.There is no employee confidentiality in that department.I can't believe they haven't been sued yet.This is not exaggerated and if anything very mild. For the safety of the patients and the fairness and legal rights of the nurses this unit needs to be throughly investigated. I can only speak of the NICU since that is where I worked there as a RN, although I saw and heard lots of the same things going on in Labor & Delivery, Newborn, and Post partum all which is under Women's services with the same Director and old NICU manager controlling! – less
Didn't like pay
Microbiology Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 8, 2014
Cons: pay
The job in itself was pretty good. The pay just wasn't up to par.
Very enjoyable job but it puts you in situations with your health as your exposed to different diseases and infections.
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed the job and would recommended anyone who is need f employment to apply.
Thoroughly educated in perinatal nursing
Perinatal RN I I(LDRNP, RNII) (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLMay 18, 2014
Pros: being part of a daily miracle.
Cons: extremely stressful.. must be able to follow ur own inner your stomach
I t is a Wonderful place to work. Wonderful Employees and supportive staff
Awesome company to work for.
Team Leader / Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 6, 2014
I worked for this company for 15 years. During my time there, I was able to gain knowledge that allow me to grow. I started as a Cashier and worked my way up to Team Leader. This company allow me to moonlight in other area, in which I was able to learn more skills. The opportunity for additional training and education was always available.
love working there
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 6, 2014
Pros: very stable company that keeps on growing.
Enjoyed working at the hospital love working with the people, management, patients. Unfortunately I relocated for a better opportunity.
An excellent place to learn
CT-Scan Technologist (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: close to my house and easy to get along staff
A secure environment and a great place to gain experience . I had the opportunity to work with different equipment and perform procedures with radiologists that outpatient centers do not perform.
Solid starting point
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 18, 2014
Pros: diversity of professionals, great working environment, variety of clinical experience
Cons: cpe as the catalyst, ambiguity, little room for error as a student
As a Chaplain Resident, this was a good starting point for me. I was able to gain practical clinical experience in pastoral care as well as engaged in being a student during three units of CPE. Although I found the educational side of CPE to be frustrating, demanding, and ambiguous, I found the clinical side of CPE to be rewarding, affirming, and transforming. – more... I believe I was offered a balanced opportunity to serve as a student chaplain within a hospital setting. I enjoyed working with a diverse group of professionals as well as alongside my peers in the residency program. I had a good working relationship with my clinical managers but found it difficult when it came to supervisors. Overall, I enjoyed the experience as it offered me time to learn more about myself, while growing professionally in a field i greatly desire to be in. – less
HIS Department Clerk
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCApril 15, 2014
Pros: monday -friday no weekends
Cons: unpredictable daily workload based on previous days discharges, makes it difficult to manage time efficently
The most enjoyable part of this position is assisting previous patients to understand their rights under the HIPPA laws and regulations and assisting them with acquiring their records as needed.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 15, 2014
Palmetto was a good company to work for. There are always room for advancements.
Productive fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 8, 2014
Pros: family type atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
I embraced every challenge that presented itself. Whether it was encouraging someone to eat or celebrating an accomplishment. There was never a dull moment.
Loved this place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Columbia, South CarolinaMarch 31, 2014
Hours and benefits were great. I loved that my co-workers worked as a team, and our supervisor was a part of the team.
Good Management and Great Coworders
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: hours go by quick
Cons: excess weight of certain packages
Receive and check in packages from all of the delivery companies.
Learned how to use the Lawson software, how to track packages, do returns.
The management takes care of the staff extremely well.
The coworkers get along and work together very well.
Hardest part of the job is the excessive weight of certain packages.
Most enjoyable part of the job is – more... working with my coworkers. – less
Good company to work for
Outreach Lab Assistant II (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 22, 2014
Making sure the patients are taken care of and data entry and processing specimens. The processing setting of a hospital. The management and co-workers were team players and they made sure that everything what p to standards. There was nothing hard about the job, and I enjoyed everything about the job I was doing