Palmetto Health Employee Reviews

palmetto health
NURSING TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 2, 2016
nasty staff do not pay the ones who work the most what they deserve basically because its cheaper to get rid of good workers to hire the younger one for less.
Endoscopy Tech Palmetto Health Baptist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 9, 2016
The manager I worked under picked favorites usually dependent on skin color not on ability or hard work. Also there is alot of gossip like you are in high school again
Very busy
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 24, 2016
I have learned a lot working for Palmetto Health good organization to work for. I enjoy interaction with the Patients and how a smile goes so far.
research management dysfunctional
Research Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 25, 2015
This is a horrible place to work. They say they do, but they don't care about their employees. My manager and director were underhanded and devious with HR. Discriminated against for having a legitimate disability. Management of my department was atrocious. My manager was manipulating and scheming. Harassment occurred on a daily basis by management. Worst place I have ever worked. Health insurance benefits always rated low when employee opinion survey was conducted annually.
Pros
Leaving Palmetto Health; Many involved in clinical research did a great job, it is just that management was poor and demeaning to their employees.
Cons
Worked with an overbearing micromanaging supervisor, not allowed to have any independence, personal life not considered important, disability discrimination
I was still able to listen to music and book tapes and still do a good job.
Medicare Part B Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wheelersburg, OHOctober 5, 2015
I wish I could have stayed longer. But, after working there for 15 years and getting to even come back as a temp for 6 months was amazing. I got to see so many people that I missed dearly. I loved the work and wish that their contract would have went through and I could have stayed. But, not only did the temps have to leave, but a lot of people who worked there when I previously worked there lost their jobs, also. I hate to say it, but I cried when I left. I felt like I was leaving my family once again.
Pros
This place was always having potlucks, I'm surprised we all didn't weigh 300 lbs., but it was great!
Cons
The only con was that I had to leave.
The requirement of the nurses are unrealistic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 22, 2015
The hospital asks to much of the nursing staff for too little pay. They want you to work long hours for little to no pay. No overtime are allowed but you are expected to stay with no additional help. Short breaks that are interrupted and never given back.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, low pay, long hours, unrealistic patient loads
Productive and a pleasurable company
Patient Access Representative I (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2015
One of the saddest moments in my life was leaving this company due to relocating. This facility is always advancing, providing opportunities for growth for employees. A place where you could serve the community and build close relationships with staff that will last a lifetime. A place where you can show patients, families and visitors compassion. You won't regret joining this team!
Pros
Awesome benefits and people
Cons
Crazy wait times in ER
student review
Level 2 Fieldwork Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 25, 2015
Excellent acute care site. I was a student intern in the cardiac ICU. The hardest part was learning the Spanish language and communicating with patients. Excellent experience with a lot of hands-on skills for a variety of diagnoses.
Productive and good environment
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 19, 2016
A positive work environment making employees feel good about coming to work. Great place to grow and gain experience for your future career.
great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Great working environment, great co-workers. Good benefits. Company offered good opportunity to grow. Respectful environment.
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
Insurance
Enjoyed helping/assisting the patients.
(CNA) CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work was great, cause enjoy the healthcare field. We worked as a team, helping one another out with patients.
The most enjoyable art of the job, was assisting the patients by, bathing, feeding, helping out the nurse, taking vital signs, etc....
Pros
You gain more experience working alongside the nurses.
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Good company to work , great team work, very respectful people to work with. excellent shift. In fact I recommend people there
Pros
busy
Caring Employer
Supervisor of ACM & Specialty Accts (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 3, 2016
Palmetto Health is compassionate to there employees and patients. They take the time to get to know each and every employee.
This was a great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Palmetto Health. I would recommend this place to anyone. I think this is the best job I have had.
Dynamic work and learning environment
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 1, 2015
I was challenged to discover my strengths and growth areas. I gained a huge level of self-awareness. I offered care to patients, family members and other staff in a stressful environment and gained confidence in dealing with crises.
na
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 20, 2015
Fun work place to work, if you do not know Spanish or atleast know a little Spanish you are in trouble. The majority of the patience are Spanish speakers along with the hospital staff.
My coworkers were great to work with.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2015
Great atmosphere to work in. The management were always looking for ways to encorporate the employees into the ideas of the security department.
Pros
you are out of the inclement weather
Cons
Sometimes the spitting patients.
i enjoy LDRP
Unit Secretary/ LDPR / PCA (Former Employee) –  7100 w 68 st hialeah,fl 33012October 19, 2015
Admit patient to hospital and summit lab orders and consult. Break down charts discharge patients from system.
Help Nurse with patient.
Set Chart when they came in for the Indution or C/Section
Pros
yea great lunch
Cons
i was lad off
a productive and busy place
Shift leader/Cashier/Sanitation Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2015
I used to enjoy working here, but now it's a little aggravating. People barely show up to work. It's so much to do in the kitchen and it takes at least 6 of us to get the job done. Our supervisor on night shift does not help at all. I am very frustrated with this job now.
A great company
Cash App Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia,scJuly 13, 2015
I enjoy Palmetto Health as a organization. However, I do believe that some improvements are needed. In my department I go above and beyond to ensure great quality work. Some of the employees do the bare minimum to get by. While majority of the workload is shifted to those like me that are willing.
Pros
quarterly lucheons, you can payroll deduct.
Cons
lack of recognition for employees, no raises for hard working employees and underpaid employees