Palmetto Primary Care Physicians Employee Reviews

Very stressful place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2017
This organization has some wonderful individuals and doctors but the executive leadership is out of touch with the rank and file worker.

Lack of investment in the future leads to stressful work inviroment
Management was poor
Insurance Billing (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2017
Too many CEO changes and not enough employee recognition. Employees did not feel secure about their jobs two years ago and many of the emplyee's sought out other employment.
Pros
coworkers
Benefits
Good
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2016
This is a good starting company for anyone in the Medical Field. There is a lot of learning situations and many different experiences to gain. There has been a lot of unorganized situations but overall good.
Unorganized
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 17, 2016
The management does not have the best interest of the employee in mind. New management walks around watching you like a hawk. A lot is required of employees, but management does not reward good work performance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
stressful
I wish I had read more about this compnay,
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 30, 2016
Pay is not comparable, health Insurance is awful, Patients, have long wait times and are always complaining, Old product expired products are being used on Patients.
Great Team of People
Medical Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 12, 2016
Great place to learn and grow---enjoy interacting with co-workers via lunch and learns or work lunch meetings. Excited about upcoming opportunities and expansion/building of new medical office complex in Nexton.
Pros
Family oriented, no micro-managing
Cons
Medical Benefits needs improvement
Met some wonderful patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 29, 2016
I loved my coworkers, and especially my patients. There were really no cons with my job. We transitioned from paper charts to electronic medical records , and the learning experience was good.
I wish I had known!
CCMA, Lab Tech, Phlebotomist, Instructor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 20, 2016
In the last 3 months, my work load doubled, my pay was cut and told I will never get a raise or bonuses EVER. We have the worst benefits. Sites are closing and employees are being fired for no reason and all of a sudden. I waited 3 years to get on here just to be treated like this 5 years later. Horrible company at this point.
Pros
Current Wage
Cons
Benefits, Management, CEO, HR
Great Place To Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SC (Nexton)May 3, 2016
Came back to work for PPCP for a second time with no regrets. Even though there have been necessary cutbacks/layoffs to save the company money...I'm looking forward to the upcoming advancement possibilities and the new facility being built in Nexton. Hoping for improvements in the benefits package and employee incentives. Great co-workers and I truly enjoy the flexibility and not being micro managed.
Pros
Flexibility, great Director, awesome co-workers, central location
Cons
Benefit package
Lowest morale ever
Noneya (Current Employee) –  PpcpApril 28, 2016
First of all, the float pool was a joke. You are never guaranteed your hours, even if you are full time. There were plenty of offices that would send in a request, only to be told that there wasn't anyone available, even though you are sitting at home but making any money. This was done very often and only to certain people regardless of how many times they were requested by an office. There were many times when you wouldn't be scheduled somewhere, call that same morning to confirm that there wasn't an office that needed someone, only to be called a few hours later after you are already doing something else only to get yelled at because you aren't available anymore. They expected you to stay home, dressed, and ready to jump on the rare occasion that they call. Next, they had a huge layoff that they did in January. They laid off around 30 people telling them that their position didn't exist anymore. They then turned around 30 days later and started rehiring some of these same positions. The triage center that answers the calls for most of the 30 offices, but only have about 10 people in the department because everyone has left. The hold times are ridiculously long, so the patients are already frustrated. A lot of the providers haven't been paid in a few months, so they ask have other jobs on the sides to keep some kind of income steady. They keep telling us that things are turning around and looking good and turning around, but keep meeting with Roper executives. They have lost almost all of the IT engineers and only have one EMR trainer because everyone else left. Doctors are  more... leaving the company at an alarming rate. At the corporate office, they have gotten rid of the coffee makers, ice machine, plates, and all utensils, and were told they will not be supplying them any longer. The employees were told that they couldn't have a cheaper coffee maker or any personal coffee makers because they are a fire hazard, but the managers get to have them in their offices. When being hired on, we were told that there were several offices that would be joining the company within the year, but none of these things happened. There was going to be a contract with CSU for a nursing program for the employees. I know several people that were promised to be the first graduating class through this, but that is obviously not going to happen now. PPCP is full of broken promises and dreams. The company is being ran by a bunch of liars. The CFO literally told the head of the education department that his job was secure and he had nothing to worry about when he came to him with concerns during the layoffs, and then cut the entire department two days later.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Don't bother
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2016
So many budget cuts that you worry if you will be next. Best thing is the ice machine which they will probably take since they already took away all paper plates, cups and even the coffee machine. Might even have to start bringing your own toilet paper honestly.
Pros
The ice machine (for now)
Cons
no job security, the managment
If you are looking for long-term employment keep looking
Education/Training (Former Employee) –  Education DepartmentMarch 12, 2016
This was a great company to work for until the new executives took over. The company keeps looking for ways to cut money to pay for their over spending and the employees are getting the brunt of it. Salaries were even cut. Many people have been let go "We have cut that position" yet others who were hired later (therefore making less money) have been kept on. The decision makers are only looking out for themselves. Their attitude is take what we dish out or leave. If you read all the reviews you will see this theme throughout. If you are looking for long-term employment, this is not the company for you.
Pros
The coworkers are all trying to work together to make the best of a bad situation
Cons
The Executive Team is making cuts that negatively effect the employees.
Good compensation, but poor management
CMA (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working the various offices including primary care/family medicine, urgent/extended care, gastroenterology, sports medicine, and neurology. A downside was working for several months in an office that did not train, was short-staffed and wouldn't hire to fill the remaining positions regardless that it was an established and popular office because of the nurse practitioner who's loyal patients followed her from her previous office.
Pros
Clinical & administrative coworkers a joy to work with
Cons
Poor management handling of staff concerns, such as, asked to work off the clock
Trying times
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The hours are flexable. However, they are down sizing. So the stress of not knowing if your going to have a job the next day is hard. There is no growth. They don't pay you what your worth. Management is based on friendships. I would say if your hired here learn the job and move on.
Pros
FLEXABLE WORK HOURS.
Cons
NO GROWTH
Great working environment
Business Analyst and ADP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2016
Complete invoices for the 36 different office locations. Assisted my director in creating reports for the CFO and CEO. Trained and developed new staff in the Float Pool Department. Complete daily ADP time punches and PTO request.
Stressful environment
manager supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2016
Organization is currently downsizing due to financial issues. The most difficult issue is staying focused wondering if you will be the next person to be laid off. Management does not share information. The company will most likely recover, but now is not a good time to become employed.
Pros
Discouraged from taking lunch breaks
Cons
No perks
Not bad
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 14, 2015
Good company that would do better to invest in employees as much as they invest in ways to reach/attract patients. Not a bad place to start in medical.
Pros
Many avenues to learn in the medical field.
Cons
Depends on the department.
I love working for this company and enjoy working with great team. The doctors here are wonderful.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bonneau Beach, SCOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy working for this company have been for 4 1/2 years. My typical day at work come in at 7:45am drawing mainly fasting labs up until around lunch time. The afternoon is helping documenting in patient charts and answering messages
productive
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, SCSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work at, doctors are friendly and helpful. Sometimes its really busy you may have to eat you lunch and work at the same time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
ShortBreaks
training environment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2015
Was trained by management and learned functions of a office manager. It was fast paced and was testing in may aspects. Put in over 840 hours of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palmetto Primary Care Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8