Palmetto Primary Care Physicians Employee Reviews

Growing Pains
CCMA (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 1, 2018
Thankfully I learned a lot during the good times and the bad times. Started out okay but then they started closing sites and letting everyone go.......
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Read the other reviews...
Terrible pay
Medical Assistant/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2017
Ppcp was a very stressful job. You never could depend on your manager or regional manager to tell you the truth about what's going on within the company.
Pros
Free office visits
Cons
Terrible pay, untrustworthy
Starter Job
CMA/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2017
This is a job great job for someone who is just starting out to get some experience. The float pool is good because you get paid mileage on top of your pay and you pretty much set your own schedule, but the down fall is you do not get any benefits. I really enjoy working for this company. They gave me a lot of experience.
Pros
Free lunch, make own schedule, paid mileage(float pool)
Cons
no benefits, no guarantee hours
Was great then...
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 30, 2017
Management really does make a difference.
It seems like there is always an ulterior motive.
The place wouldn't be that bad if management and HR knew what they were doing.
Healthcare is no longer for the patient, it is for the money.
I get it, it's a business, but it's more than that, we are caring for the sick--cut them some slack.

Benefits-- with health insurance you are only allowed to go to other Palmetto Primary Care Physicians, if you need a specialist you will pay out of pocket because most of them are outside PPCP.

It's a good place to get experience-not to grow and advance.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
micromanagement
Great place to work, but poor management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29406September 29, 2017
PPCP was an excellent place to work. It is a fast-paced job, but the patients made it worth it. The manager did her job poorly. She was not willing to work with employees' needs and forced employees to complete tasks they were not hired to do.
3-4 stars given
CMAA/Patient AR/Billing (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 13, 2017
After working in 3 different PPCP offices, I have found that they all run differently. Some smooth, some not. Not much room for growth. Overall, okay.
Pros
close locations, friendly employees
Cons
hard to grow or move up
Dreadful
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2017
The pace is awfully slow. The things you can do are limited and repetitive. Nobody in my office had received any type of raise since their hiring. The company is losing money, and like most things in Charleston, the cost is passed down to the employees. I enjoy the people I work with, but I can barely afford to live on the wage I receive.
Nightmare
Systems Engineer III (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 31, 2017
I was employed by PPCP for 3 years in their IT department. The first year was amazing because the focus of the company was patient care. After the first year we got new management (CEO and CFO). These guys came from mid to large hospital systems, where they drive revenue. The IT department went through 3 reductions in force firings justified by "IT was spending too much money". So, the CFO with agreement with the CEO decided to outsource the IT department just like they did with the call center and other departments. They outsourced their IT department to a little know mom and pop shop called ITS. Not many great things to say about ITS. If you are a IT director be wary of thses people.

All I am saying with this review is research the management structure before joining as the upper management is heartless. Its their revenue and nothing else.
Pros
Flexiable work schedule
Cons
Management sucks
Ppcp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonneau, SCAugust 11, 2017
working at Palmetto Primary Care Physicians was enjoyable and it was a pleasure helping the patients. My coworkers was friendly and the doctor was great. He is my personal family doctor as well.
Management issues
Echo/Vascular ultrasound technologist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 26, 2017
Company was very concerned about money. The management during the time I was employed there was very difficult to deal with which made your job stressful. The people I worked with were hard working,and knowledgeable.
Pros
close to my home, great hours
Cons
management during the time I worked there.
fun place
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJune 11, 2017
Typical day Currently working front desk checking and checking out patients, answering phones and taking payments from patients. Hardest part of my job taking past due balance that have went to collection agency.
Financially smart company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 4, 2017
This company is progressive with changing market and growth. The leadership has gone through some changes but it has been for the better. Nice place to work
Pros
Friendly to students needing preceptors
Cons
Not all sites are strong in management
Very stressful place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2017
This organization has some wonderful individuals and doctors but the executive leadership is out of touch with the rank and file worker.

Lack of investment in the future leads to stressful work inviroment
Management was poor
Insurance Billing (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2017
Too many CEO changes and not enough employee recognition. Employees did not feel secure about their jobs two years ago and many of the emplyee's sought out other employment.
Pros
coworkers
Benefits
Good
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2016
This is a good starting company for anyone in the Medical Field. There is a lot of learning situations and many different experiences to gain. There has been a lot of unorganized situations but overall good.
Unorganized
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 17, 2016
The management does not have the best interest of the employee in mind. New management walks around watching you like a hawk. A lot is required of employees, but management does not reward good work performance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
stressful
I wish I had read more about this compnay,
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 30, 2016
Pay is not comparable, health Insurance is awful, Patients, have long wait times and are always complaining, Old product expired products are being used on Patients.
Great Team of People
Medical Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 12, 2016
Great place to learn and grow---enjoy interacting with co-workers via lunch and learns or work lunch meetings. Excited about upcoming opportunities and expansion/building of new medical office complex in Nexton.
Pros
Family oriented, no micro-managing
Cons
Medical Benefits needs improvement
Met some wonderful patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 29, 2016
I loved my coworkers, and especially my patients. There were really no cons with my job. We transitioned from paper charts to electronic medical records , and the learning experience was good.
I wish I had known!
CCMA, Lab Tech, Phlebotomist, Instructor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 20, 2016
In the last 3 months, my work load doubled, my pay was cut and told I will never get a raise or bonuses EVER. We have the worst benefits. Sites are closing and employees are being fired for no reason and all of a sudden. I waited 3 years to get on here just to be treated like this 5 years later. Horrible company at this point.
Pros
Current Wage
Cons
Benefits, Management, Ceo, Hr