Palmetto Primary Care Physicians Employee Reviews in United States

I wish I had known!
CCMA, Lab Tech, Phlebotomist, Instructor (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 20, 2016
In the last 3 months, my work load doubled, my pay was cut and told I will never get a raise or bonuses EVER. We have the worst benefits. Sites are closing and employees are being fired for no reason and all of a sudden. I waited 3 years to get on here just to be treated like this 5 years later. Horrible company at this point.
Pros
Current Wage
Cons
Benefits, Management, CEO, HR
Great Place To Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SC (Nexton)May 3, 2016
Came back to work for PPCP for a second time with no regrets. Even though there have been necessary cutbacks/layoffs to save the company money...I'm looking forward to the upcoming advancement possibilities and the new facility being built in Nexton. Hoping for improvements in the benefits package and employee incentives. Great co-workers and I truly enjoy the flexibility and not being micro managed.
Pros
Flexibility, great Director, awesome co-workers, central location
Cons
Benefit package
Lowest morale ever
Noneya (Current Employee) –  PpcpApril 28, 2016
First of all, the float pool was a joke. You are never guaranteed your hours, even if you are full time. There were plenty of offices that would send in a request, only to be told that there wasn't anyone available, even though you are sitting at home but making any money. This was done very often and only to certain people regardless of how many times they were requested by an office. There were many times when you wouldn't be scheduled somewhere, call that same morning to confirm that there wasn't an office that needed someone, only to be called a few hours later after you are already doing something else only to get yelled at because you aren't available anymore. They expected you to stay home, dressed, and ready to jump on the rare occasion that they call. Next, they had a huge layoff that they did in January. They laid off around 30 people telling them that their position didn't exist anymore. They then turned around 30 days later and started rehiring some of these same positions. The triage center that answers the calls for most of the 30 offices, but only have about 10 people in the department because everyone has left. The hold times are ridiculously long, so the patients are already frustrated. A lot of the providers haven't been paid in a few months, so they ask have other jobs on the sides to keep some kind of income steady. They keep telling us that things are turning around and looking good and turning around, but keep meeting with Roper executives. They have lost almost all of the IT engineers and only have one EMR trainer because everyone else left. Doctors are  more... leaving the company at an alarming rate. At the corporate office, they have gotten rid of the coffee makers, ice machine, plates, and all utensils, and were told they will not be supplying them any longer. The employees were told that they couldn't have a cheaper coffee maker or any personal coffee makers because they are a fire hazard, but the managers get to have them in their offices. When being hired on, we were told that there were several offices that would be joining the company within the year, but none of these things happened. There was going to be a contract with CSU for a nursing program for the employees. I know several people that were promised to be the first graduating class through this, but that is obviously not going to happen now. PPCP is full of broken promises and dreams. The company is being ran by a bunch of liars. The CFO literally told the head of the education department that his job was secure and he had nothing to worry about when he came to him with concerns during the layoffs, and then cut the entire department two days later.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Don't bother
Employee (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2016
So many budget cuts that you worry if you will be next. Best thing is the ice machine which they will probably take since they already took away all paper plates, cups and even the coffee machine. Might even have to start bringing your own toilet paper honestly.
Pros
The ice machine (for now)
Cons
no job security, the managment
If you are looking for long-term employment keep looking
Education/Training (Former Employee) –  Education DepartmentMarch 12, 2016
This was a great company to work for until the new executives took over. The company keeps looking for ways to cut money to pay for their over spending and the employees are getting the brunt of it. Salaries were even cut. Many people have been let go "We have cut that position" yet others who were hired later (therefore making less money) have been kept on. The decision makers are only looking out for themselves. Their attitude is take what we dish out or leave. If you read all the reviews you will see this theme throughout. If you are looking for long-term employment, this is not the company for you.
Pros
The coworkers are all trying to work together to make the best of a bad situation
Cons
The Executive Team is making cuts that negatively effect the employees.
Good compensation, but poor management
CMA (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working the various offices including primary care/family medicine, urgent/extended care, gastroenterology, sports medicine, and neurology. A downside was working for several months in an office that did not train, was short-staffed and wouldn't hire to fill the remaining positions regardless that it was an established and popular office because of the nurse practitioner who's loyal patients followed her from her previous office.
Pros
Clinical & administrative coworkers a joy to work with
Cons
Poor management handling of staff concerns, such as, asked to work off the clock
Trying times
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The hours are flexable. However, they are down sizing. So the stress of not knowing if your going to have a job the next day is hard. There is no growth. They don't pay you what your worth. Management is based on friendships. I would say if your hired here learn the job and move on.
Pros
FLEXABLE WORK HOURS.
Cons
NO GROWTH
Great working environment
Business Analyst and ADP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2016
Complete invoices for the 36 different office locations. Assisted my director in creating reports for the CFO and CEO. Trained and developed new staff in the Float Pool Department. Complete daily ADP time punches and PTO request.
Stressful environment
manager supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2016
Organization is currently downsizing due to financial issues. The most difficult issue is staying focused wondering if you will be the next person to be laid off. Management does not share information. The company will most likely recover, but now is not a good time to become employed.
Pros
Discouraged from taking lunch breaks
Cons
No perks
Not bad
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 14, 2015
Good company that would do better to invest in employees as much as they invest in ways to reach/attract patients. Not a bad place to start in medical.
Pros
Many avenues to learn in the medical field.
Cons
Depends on the department.
I love working for this company and enjoy working with great team. The doctors here are wonderful.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bonneau Beach, SCOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy working for this company have been for 4 1/2 years. My typical day at work come in at 7:45am drawing mainly fasting labs up until around lunch time. The afternoon is helping documenting in patient charts and answering messages
productive
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanahan, SCSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work at, doctors are friendly and helpful. Sometimes its really busy you may have to eat you lunch and work at the same time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
ShortBreaks
training environment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2015
Was trained by management and learned functions of a office manager. It was fast paced and was testing in may aspects. Put in over 840 hours of training
Productive and a fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 16, 2015
The company is a great company to work for. I loved every aspect of my job. My co-workers were very professional about everything. Everyone at the job was easy to get along with including the doctors. There was no lateral violence going on and they were there to help you when help was needed. The doctors were absolute sweet hearts. I have nothing bad to say about the company. If I could turn back the hands of time and do it over again I would stay with the company and not leave.
Pros
Everything about the company
Cons
Expansive company with multiple offices connected on a Network.
Help Desk Technical Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 10, 2015
Great job with good benefits, Internal Help Desk Support only has to deal with IT issues related to Employees within the Company, therefore it was much less stressful and easier to assist the customer. Typical day would start at 7:00am, each employee was assigned a work laptop and station that was used to provide technical assistance to the multi office Healthcare organization. Customers would dial the extension for Help Desk and in round robin style the calls would be divided among the IT Support Staff. Customers also had the option of submitting online work orders through a ticketing system that would be handle on a priority basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a stable employer
Education friendly workplace with ample opportunity for advancement.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 28, 2015
The whole time I was employed at my last job, they were continuously given all its employees multiple opportunities to grow and learn in a safe and very warming environment. The staff were always courteous to each other and had a huge support system. We not only treated our patients as family, but our coworkers as well. I cant wait to find another place of employment that can show me how much love can be found with coworkers. My day to day experiences changed depending on what location I was sent to for the day because I was in the float pool, so assignments varied on who needed me. If I was sent to a lab then a typical day consisted of going into the office and checking orders before calling patients back to complete the orders, and then working with the transportation personnel to make sure the samples were sent out in the manner in which they needed to be and in a timely manner. If I was working under a doctor for the day, then I checked patient load, how busy the schedule was, and started calling patients back as they came in. I triaged them, checked medication and the reason for the visit. I then continued to help the physician as needed through out the day with orders and procedures. The hardest part of working in this manner for this company was remembering what each office and physician preferred, especially if it had been a long time since I visited them. The most enjoyable part of employment was being with family even when away at work and being able to take care of patients in a loving and comforting environment.
Pros
never having the same task day to day
Cons
sometimes travel was extensive
Growing company, expansive opportunities
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 28, 2015
Great place to learn and grow. Opportunities to advance and gain profession and personal relationships. Staff and management are open and professional.
Great company
Float Pool Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCJuly 28, 2015
I have nothing negative to say! If you can get hired on with Palmetto go for it. I was a float and the doctors and staff are awesome.
Pros
Pay/benefits, hours are great, plenty of advancement oppertunities.
Cons
health insurance is great, however it isnt designed for family members just the employee.
medical office front desk clerk
Medical Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 14, 2015
high volume, fast pace office, prioritize patient care, under-staffed office, excessive work load, check in/out patients, verify insurance benefits, schedule appointments, collect payments, triage incoming calls, close out daily reports, balance incoming payments daily, input demographic information
used to be better
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
I was with this company for over 2 Years and it was great for the first year and then, in an effort to keep up with bigger chains, they went into debt waaaay over their heads on property to expand. Problem is, they were unable to use the property and therefore the company started to decline. We stopped getting raises, staff was cut, ect. I would not go back to work for this company. Their Urgent Care Center is lacking in professionalism and knowledge and all the patients do is complain about service and attitude. It feels more like shoving cattle through a door than yield high quality healthcare. The doctors are all wonderful and have a great vision and I still use them as my personal doctors but I am glad to be out bc I believe the company is sinking.
Pros
the doctors
Cons
poor management in many areas, pay, benefits