Palmetto Primary Care Physicians

Palmetto Primary Care Physicians Employer Reviews

Fast paced, demanding workload.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pine Street Location, Summerville, SCJune 3, 2014
Pros: short commute from home
Cons: not enough staff for the workload
A typical day includes use of EMR, running rooms, drawing blood, vital signs, injections, EKG, preparation of surgical trays for office surgeries, autoclaving of instruments, form completion, telephone callbacks.
A great place to work, room for advancement , a great group of people to work with.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: flex your work time
Cons: pay
This company is very diverse , there is room for advancement, opportunity for growth. Training in house at no cost to the employee. Allowing you to advance your career.
Would not recommend
Nurse (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCDecember 2, 2013
Would not recommend working here. The training is poor, but the expectations are high. Management is unfair and difficult to work with.
Primary Care office
Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good hours
The schedules were flexible. Coworkers were great. Room for change.
Review
Medical Office Assistant, Housekeeping (Current Employee), Charleston, South CarolinaSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: patient interaction
Cons: people that do not carry their own weight
Depending on what depeartment/office I would work in, a typical day would be interacting with patients and taking care of inquiries as well as checking them in and checking them out and taking care of payments. I definitely learned a wealth of information about insurance companies and how costly healthcare can be without insurance. There were definitely coworkers who did not carry their weight as far as work load and what was supposed to be split equally. It was very frustrating because work performance did suffer because of this. They do not train you sufficiently and that was the hardest part of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients. Most of them were delightful and happy you could help them. Of course, there were patients who got upset occasionally but the most rewarding aspect is knowing you helped someone with a problem or question.

If I were working in housekeeping, it would generally just be light housekeeping duties.
Wonderful vision as a company
Medical Billing Collections Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits, overall great objective as a company
Cons: new management
A typical day at work is a day full of excitement. I worked with over seven office managers regarding the A/R total and spoke with patients about their charges. I also rebilled insurance carriers, went over EOB and updated all demographic information. I learned from management to trust yourself in making good decisions for the company and that teamwork makes the dream work. The hardest part of my job was sending a patient to collections because of their inability to pay. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients with their billing needs and providing outstanding customer service.
Very enjoyable place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCMay 28, 2013
Pros: very flexible scghedule if i needed
Cons: no cons about this employer
I really enjoyed working there but I got laid off because one of the physicians left the practice and they didn't have no where else to put me in the company