Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach Employee Reviews

Good experience and pleasant coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 26, 2017
A good place to start as a nurse. Staff is friendly. Coworkers know how to work as a team. Patients can sense the good work between nurses. Patients are always happy with the staff.
Pros
Good coworkers
Addressing the patients needs by answering the call light.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJuly 27, 2017
It's a stressful environment. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at that place. They're staffing is always an issue. Managment thinks nothing of the nursing assistants.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No one wants to help you with anything.
Serving the community by our commitment to provide care to each patient.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJuly 6, 2017
I have enjoyed working at PWH for the past three years. We have a great team of nurses and residents on the Pediatric and PICU unit. The Labor and Delivery nurses are also very caring. Our nurses and residents are committed to providing quality care to our patients and families. We also have a wonderful child life specialist and caring team of doctors.
Pros
Caring staff including management team
Cons
Short break
Some units better to work for than others
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJuly 4, 2017
Depending on which unit you're working on, most staff and charge nurses can be very supportive. However, we're almost always short nurses and frequently do not have CNAs. This makes it difficult to manage care safely and timely. If you happen to work with an unsupportive charge nurse and/or coworkers, it can make your day extremely stressful and exhausting (even more so than nursing always is). Being short staffed makes it very difficult to feel you are providing safe care and completing all the tasks you'd like to. Overall, most of the coworkers are pleasant and try to be as helpful as they can be, but aren't always able to do so. CNA's often tell you no when you ask them to help with their tasks, but they are also over worked and understaffed.
Productive and unity of team members
Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLApril 4, 2017
A good management team is paramount to a optimal working facility. The hardest part of the job, is the work itself. A unified team will assist in passing the day fluidly.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLMarch 10, 2017
Employees were friendly and it felt like a family while working here.
There were ice cream socials for employees. Unfortunately there were favoritism within the department that led to some disagreements.
Pros
Free food
Cons
favortism
Second home
RN Labor and Delivery / Childbirth Educator (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Ive been with the company for along time. Love the staff and culture and wish I could stay here forever if I wasnt moving. Great place to wrok.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Pre Operative/ Post Operative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work with a great group of people. Very caring staff.
Always a team based environment. Easy to talk to your managers and administrator if something arises. .
Wonderful Hospital
Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 24, 2017
I'd love to be a part of this facility permanently. Family styled environment, great teamwork. Thorough patient care. Anybody would be lucky to work at this facility.
Great team to work with
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 11, 2017
The team was great to work with. Very friendly environment and great place to work. The management was very cooperative and understanding. The deadlines and the challenges were the best part of the job.
Work plac
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Great place to work. I recommend this place to anyone who is a team player and looking for growth. Looking for overtime and flexibility. The lab team is great.
ER Registrar
Registrar / Admissions (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLDecember 23, 2016
Register adult and pediatric patients
Admit OB and newborn, admissions and direct admit patients
Answer phones, computer skills w/ Microsoft, Outlook and Excel
Collect payments due
I love working in ER. I like being busy. I like the trauma and how everyday is different even doing the same thing.
I love the staff, ER doctors, nurses, techs, firefighters, etc
Pros
i like when we are staffed with working coworkers
Cons
understaffed
Poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLAugust 15, 2016
Extremely unprofessional middle managers, only concerned about a body to cover a shift and will cancel staff down to the bare minimum to meet budget...quality patient care is never a concern..just meet the budget.
Pros
Free soda and coffee
Cons
Management, benefits, salary.
The other reviews aren't true
Certified Registered Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLAugust 14, 2016
I don't know what was worse, management walking around with their heads up their rears at all times, the blatant favoritism, or the fact that any problems that came up were treated as if they just didn't exist! the "friends" you had one day indefinitely would turn on you like a rabid dog the next day. IF you got a lunch break you were interrupted constantly, or treated like garbage bc you stopped working for 30 min and God forbid a pharmacist had to get off their rear and do something. The two 15 min paid breaks that are mandatory per OSHA don't exist there. Too much work, very little pay, benefits horrible, all about the Benji$
Pros
Some amazing coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Very good place to learn how to prioritize care.
Registered Nurse-Med-Surg/Telemetry/Stepdown (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJune 29, 2016
Can be very busy but provides excellent experience in prioritizing care of patients. My coworkers and I love to work as a team. The job provides experience with managing various patients with multiple disease processes at a time.
Grandiose
Acute Care Internship (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLMay 9, 2016
Patients were an absolute riot. Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get. Sometimes it was the gooey gross flavors
Pros
La bamba
Cons
Vogue
prodctive work an clean and quiet area ,
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
N/a able to start right seat, no Experienced but willing to learn.no stranger to hard work. Very friendly no problem to wrk.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakes
A Good company
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLDecember 22, 2015
Palms West Hospital is a great place to work. They have become very strict over the last couple of years. Every tardy or absence is counted against you. The work load has become a lot per employee as well.
professinal environment
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  loxahatcheeApril 13, 2015
A typical day is very busy with short staffing.
The hardest part is the hours.
The good part is the pay in holidays 1 1/2 time.
Pros
time an half pay in holidays
Cons
short staffing
workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  Loxahatchee flNovember 29, 2014
healthcare is healthcare. Its enjoyable and I love my co workers.
Pros
free lunch, appreciation
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach. Our community is ready to answer.

Palms West Hospital - Palm Beach Reviews by Location