Palms of Pasadena Hospital Employee Reviews

Good company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2017
This company was great but this site is continuing to make me complete a certain amount of characters in order to assist me with this service, which is crazy.
management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2017
The unit was fast pace and was expected to be so. I missed the feel of a "work family". The benefits were good and the facility was clean. I would recommend to anyone
I was a student here
PTA Student (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, FLJune 19, 2017
I did not work at Palms Of Pasadena Hosp,. I was a student completing my rotation for school working towards my AS degree in Physical Therapist assistant
Great small hospital!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, FLMay 22, 2017
I loved my three years at POP. I am sad to leave there. Great middle management. My pay was very good, however I have heard others pay was not so great.
went downhill when HCA took over
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 17, 2017
I loved working at Palms but when it was bought out by HCA everything changed and not for the better. The culture turned rather negative and I hear stories now about how different it is.
Laid back work atmosphere.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 28, 2017
typical day at work is like any other hospital job. you draw blood and batch specimens. Supervisor nice, so is everyone else. If you get a job opportunity here take it.
Cons
Not really and cons with having this job.
A lot of Multitasking but Fun
Pharmacy intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 8, 2017
i was a student pharmacist working under a licensed pharmacist. This was only part of a 6 week rotation

LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 1, 2017
It was the best experience i have had in my nursing career, the experience and knowledge I obtained was spectacular wish I would have stayed. I worked there from 2005 until 2011ortho bcir even pcu south it was all good. I had the pleasure of meeting and learning from some of the best.
Pros
Team work and great co workers easy access to communicate with physician's j
Cons
For me no cons
Productive and fun place to work
RN-cardiac unit and ICU (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Great place to work. Most nurses were willing to work as a team. I left because of an opportunity for advancement. A typical day at work went by very fast. Working nights was much better working days.
Behind in technology
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33707December 3, 2016
They seem to do just enough to get by, lacking in modern technology for testing and the laboratory itself is really and could use a facelift. Management always seemed stressed.
For profit hospital
Operative Nurse Educator/Evening Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 1, 2016
While there is a focus on quality patient care, I found the focus on the bottom line occasionally appeared to compromise decisions on the work environment and provision of the tools necessary to achieve high quality patient care. This hospital is also very Physician oriented with nursing coming in a distant second. My review reflects the culture as it appeared to me some 15 years ago and may have changed in the ensuing time.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Physician centered
Fast paced
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, FLSeptember 25, 2016
The staff there are friendly and caring. The nurses and doctors are down to earth people. Everyone is a team player and works as a team. The OR nurses are just amazing, they know exactly what you need and most of them know the procedure by heart and knows what to chart.
Pros
Lunch is wonderful
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 1, 2016
people there work as a team and lots of reports to attend to. good managers and very inspirational. The hospital is always looking to grow and add new skills
Pros
team building and appreciation
Cons
micro management
Love to be all i can for my patients and family
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, FLJuly 17, 2016
With new Management and the new overhaul in employing new hires was long overdue due to what new reputation they wanted to set .Unfortunately due to having to leave due to me immediately becoming a single dad responsible for my loving Autistic son without notice i had to leave son that i can reestablish my new responsibility . As a pro employee i saw no future knowing i still have a goal in becoming a Rn
Pros
working
Cons
Prn
do not back on a forever place
ER / Admitting Counselor Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2016
I work at this company for over 8yrs been through several take overs and stood faithful, worked doubles and extra time, Then HCA?Parlone came in and under new directors, changed the whole setup and they were worried more about money and profit then their employees and their lives. It's a shame how they forget.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
Work
CNA / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2016
I have only worked here a couple months so I don't have a real good summary about the hospital at this time. I do enjoy the employee's I work with, everyone is such a caring group.
Pros
close to beach
Cons
it's the medical field, u never know from day to day where you will work.
Challanging lately busier than usual. Just hired more staff which is helpful.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 7, 2016
Radiology department is like second family.Work well together and have fun. They have an employee engagement committee to plan events for staff. Regular town hall meetings wit CEO.
Pros
Flexiable with time off requests
Cons
Work through lunch quite ofton
Constantly learning new processes. Management engaged with staff.
Plant Operations -Coordinator (Office Manager) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Productive; team spirit. An excellent place to grow/excel professionally.

Time allowed to finish projects and prepare for AHCA / Joint Commission inspections.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Day or Night in the ER as a Patient Access clerk
Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, FLOctober 20, 2015
My typical day or night at work, begins with talking to my co worker who shift is ending and do a run down on what's on the board and patients to registration or admit. I enjoy working in the ER because we are the first on hand to give them the one on one care process that they will be experiencing throughout their visit or continue on stay. In the end of the day or night it is comforting to know I along with my team coworkers gave the best we had.
Pros
we are able to save them
Cons
somtimes we don't get to save them
Great Learning Experence
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2015
Working here while attending nursing school aided me in clinical knowledge and getting thru school. Meet many grat Dr's and nurses that helped mold me into the nurse i have become
Pros
experiences
Cons
growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palms of Pasadena Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Palms of Pasadena Hospital Reviews by Location