- Maintain existing customers and maximize profitable sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon and consistent basis.
- Utilize industry leading technology to consult with customers on business solutions to accommodate their growth and success.
- Develop new business; following and developing leads from various sources, participating in organizations and clubs.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and services to meet those needs; evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses. Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training and development programs required for the assigned position.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks within the scope of essential duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by management representatives.
- Travel within assigned territory.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent preferred.
Related Experience: Three years of commissioned food and beverage sales experience preferred, experience as either chef or catering/food operations manager desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities.
- Must also have demonstrated problem-solving ability and strong negotiation skills.
- Must have strong computer skills; the incumbent will need to be very proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- The position also requires the ability to use Internet/Intranet software applications effectively.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation.
- Time management.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Palo Alto Foods is proud to be one of Northern California’s leading wholesale food distributor with over 4,000 different beverage,...