Palo Alto Medical Foundation

Palo Alto Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

Updated, clean, facility
Medical Assistant, (MARP) (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Advanced, modern, updated, high tech facility. Maintained equipment, and a reference for all tasks. Very organized. Co workers were very helpful and management was approachable and easy to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and being able to help them and give them the support they needed.
Pros
Facility
Cons
Commute
Not a good place as far as management is concerned
MFM Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Always pushing for extra work but don''t treat sonographers with respect as higher management is not with same background and they dont understand the importance of experience and hard work MFM sonographer do to make sure all fetuses are healthy or they get proper treatment
always exciting
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 30, 2016
Working in the Urgent Care dept was always a treat.Every shift brought a new learning opportunity, a new lesson in empathy and a renewed appreciation for every interaction you have from patients to team members/providers.
Pros
helping people
Cons
inconsistency in dept management and upper management
Fun work environment and love the patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 22, 2016
Working with PAMF was an amazing experience, the staff, management and the patients were awesome. The hardest part of the job was to see the patients scared going into surgery but the rewarding part after was seeing them after their procedure and happy as can be.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough time to take breaks
Analyst
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 14, 2016
Great Company overall.

I felt that they seem to be in some sort of transition when I was there.

Very knowledgeable technically: However very weak administratively/Functionally.

Poor Collaboration Skills- People have been with the company so too long.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
They seem to be in a transition
productive and safe place to work. great enviorment and atmosphere.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of huddling with your dyad partners for the day, rooming patients, taking vitals, injections, and working on any specimens needed. As well as communicating and helping your coworkers. Huddling again during lunch to cover your lunch buddy and ending your day by cleaning up the nursing stations and the rooms you used. Its alwasy a learing experinece because you get to see different techniques wether its for taking vitals, giving injections or documenting on epic. Managment is great as well. They communicate with you on a daily and makesure every day is going smoothly and always huddle to prevent flow busters. Co-workers are good here in my department. They will help as needed.
Productive with lots of opportunity to grow
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 4, 2016
Work is fairly easy. One follows the basic guidelines when interacting with patients. There are occasional difficult patients but overall, many are fair. Management if pretty fair, as well.
Co works great. Managment horrible
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 17, 2016
Listen to your employees . understand not everyone lives 10miles away. Life happens. Family is important

Management horrible
They dont care for you or your life !
Pros
Benifits, pay
Cons
Managment is horrible
It was a privilege to work for Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 14, 2016
The work environment was friendly and supportive for me as an intern. I learned valuable skills that prepared me for a career in my profession. I am grateful for the opportunity.
Decent Place to Work
Coding Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 18, 2016
Palo Alto Medical Foundation has been good to me for the most part. I do not agree completely with the management style and or decisions, but that is to be expected.

In the end I would recommend others to work for Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Need to be more open and honest with decisions being made
Great place to work.
Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 25, 2016
The work was challenging at times but overall satisfying. Benefits were good. Pay was competitive with surrounding medical clinics. Fantastic, smart, and caring doctors. I would have stayed with this company if I hadn't relocated out of state.
great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. the only reason I left was because of the commute. it was just too far to travel every day. Being that I lived in San Francisco, And since I am a single mom it just made it really difficult to get my son to school and to make to work on time everyday. otherwise I would have loved to continue to work there.
Medical assisting
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 24, 2016
I work with a family medicine doctor and his MA, I help room patients, work on in basket, give injections and preform EKGs. I make calls to patient's, if asked by the doctor.
Pros
Helping people
Great patient care
Senior clinical laboratory scientist (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 11, 2016
PAMF has excellent patient care in all areas. The San Carlos site is brand new and a beautiful facility. It is a good working environment.
Good Company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 5, 2016
Palo Alto Medical Foundation is a good company to work for with a great culture. The company is not very big but its on the works for expansion and moving on the right direction for successful growth.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Have to wait 6 months before relocating
pleasant busy day
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 13, 2016
morning paperwork, preparedness for daily minor surgeries and exams. multi tasking based on the needs of the department, cross training. medication instructions based on MD's orders. most enjoyable is the positive feedback on every patient. hardest part of my job is not not having enough time to spend with patients. have a good communication with co-workers and management.
Pros
flexible times
Cons
distance
I love my job
Cardiac Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 1, 2016
This is a very fast paced clinic. I have learned numerous skills here from patient care to working with a large group with multiple personalities. I have a great boss that is very understanding and easy to talk to. I absolutely love our patients here.
Pros
great MDs
Cons
salary
Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 3, 2016
Great place to work but hard to advance in current setting. Management and leadership is good but workload is always increasing with little compensation
Fun to work among professionals to care about patients.
Laboratory Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 15, 2016
Very professional place to work, which cares of patients, always in demand for many patients, super busy and secure. Meet many patients every day, work with many coworkers from different cultures. The company cares about employees.
Great establishment
Patient Service Representative Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I supported sub-specialty departments. Loved the relationships created with Doctors and nurses I supported and deeply valued the bond created with our patients. Hardest part was realizing there was no room for growth and the cost of medical benefits for my family and I.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2