Palo Alto Medical Foundation Employee Reviews

Comfortable work environment with some really special people to work with.
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 4, 2017
The environment at work was always all about the patients. I really appreciated the management and their ability to inspire employees to work harder and for the greater good of the organization.
Competitive and Fast Paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 3, 2017
They use Medical Assistants to the full capacity of their scope. They are still expanding so it really depends on what location you work at regarding pace and atmosphere.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Competitive
Solid MA position with fair pay
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  I'd rather not saySeptember 24, 2017
I worked for PAMF for 5 years. In that time I worked for different providers and generally had good experiences with them. Management is pretty fair, but tends to let providers do things that aren't great for the practice (e.g. scheduling through lunches, unrealistic expectations on MA). If you keep your head about you and are in good communication with the managers, it is not that big of a deal. My coworkers and the patients were great. I recommend working for PAMF.
great workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 21, 2017
• Completes clerical and other front desk support
• Schedules and registers patient appointments and information
• Balances cash sheet and cash drawer in accordance with performance standards
• Provides front desk support and customer service satisfaction to patients in a courteous and professional manner in accordance with performance standards.
good pay boring job
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 18, 2017
The job is boring and there is a lack for creativity. There seems to be an issue between communication between PSR and medical assistants. The goal is the help the patients, most people are too stressed to do anything because of the lack of communication between departments.
Pros
good pay good people
Cons
bad communication
Great Foundation
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 13, 2017
Answering phones
answering questions from staff members

The hardest part of my job is not being allowed to do anything with staff members without permission. It is also very hard to move up in the foundation because of favoritism.
Large company/good place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 12, 2017
I was happy with my job at PAMF unfortunately the hours didn't coordinate with my needs for child care and it was stressful on my family. I tried to switch departments with no success and not much support from management so I decided to leave. In all it was a pretty well oiled company and most people I'd worked with had been there for years which was my original intention.
Pros
Great pay and good benefits
Cons
short staffed, over worked, kind of stressful
A good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 12, 2017
My experience at this company was overall good. The compensation and benefits were amazing. Most of the providers and clinical staff are super friendly and helpful.
No room to grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CASeptember 4, 2017
Very limited for job growth unless you return to school full time and start a new career.
Stressful at times due to large patient work load and over booking.
Fun and fast paced
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 2, 2017
I really enjoy working at PAMF. Great employees and fun environment. My manager is amazing and the benefits are CRAZY Wonderful!!! The only reason I am thinking about leaving is the commute.
Great place!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 21, 2017
This company knows how to treat their employees!! Great teams, great benefits, and I was sad to have to leave when I moved. I'd work here again in a heartbeat!!
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
not in enough states
Comprehensive training
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 21, 2017
Training was fast paced. Expected to learn the ins and outs of the job and computer system quickly. Speed is a main concern along with patient care.
Busy place to work with oftentimes poor staffing
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 11, 2017
Greatly enjoy working with my MD. Job is very challenging with many patients requiring multiple needs and oftentimes, the staffing is very poor. Enjoy the electronic medical records system; able to sent messages to multiple providers and this enhances the ability to coordinate patient care in a very thorough and comprehensive way. However, management at both the upper and lower levels leaves much to be desired.
Pros
Love working with my MD.
Cons
Poor staffing at times
Unsupportive management team
Circulator/Float Nurse/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 8, 2017
Management team is lacking in awareness and interaction with the staff. Conflicting goals.
Communication is not open or transparent. No follow through or feedback
Working at PAMF
Certified Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 2, 2017
It is easier to get in than to get out. Transferring is really challenging. They provided really good training and they are really demanding. Our team becomes like your second family because so much time at work!
Great people to work with
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Danville, CAJuly 31, 2017
Fantastic place to work for, nice people and fantastic health care. Can be crazy busy at times, but great place to learn and grow. You have to be good at time management.
good opportunity
RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 26, 2017
I worked in the flu clinic in a temporary position. I gained confidence in giving injections. I would have loved the opportunity to continue employment there, but no jobs were available at the time.
Pros
experience
Cons
too short of employment time
Great Place to begin in the healthcare industry
IMAGING and PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 22, 2017
This was my first position in the healthcare industry, and it gave me a great new perspective of the healthcare industry. I recommend getting your foot in the door here if possible.
healthy work environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 13, 2017
Busy clinic. Nice people. patient centered care. collaboration with other departments including physicians outside of Sutter. State of the art medicine. ability to schedule routine and emergent procedures smoothly
Best job in the county
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 12, 2017
Good Hours
Great Pay and Benefits
Knowledgeable Staff

I am not only an employee I am also a patient and a member I work in. The Santa Cruz division is a terrific place to work. It is the best job in the county.
The only draw back with this company is the relocation of job positions and out sourcing certain positions
Pros
pay
Cons
relocation of positions