Palo Alto Unified School District Employee Reviews

Very political environment for administrators
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 12, 2017
Very poor communication between leadership and non-cabinet level administrators. Poor support for new employees. Very political environment. Board members have too much control.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very little feedback on performance
Easy place to work
Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 8, 2017
People are treated well and are generally happy. Employees are all nice, occasionally you might have a tough parent interaction, but its not too often.
Busy work environment. Good pay and great benefits. Can advance if you're highly motivated. Work at your pace as long as work is performed efficiently
Irrigation Technician/Landscape (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Able to work at your pace as long as work performance is efficient and productive as well as with quality and safety. Time management is key. Multi tasking is required in my field. I've been intrusted to exercise my ideas and creativeness regarding design and or anything pertaining to infrastructure.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Schedule, pay, quality vehicles and tools.
Cons
Politics
fun place to be
Spanish/English translator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 7, 2016
productive and super fun
a good learning enviroment
great management very helfull
my co-workers very nice peopple
no hard part on my job i love everithing i do
i enjoy all aspects off my job
Pros
free snacks and nice coffe
Elementary School environment
Special Needs Assistant elementary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 23, 2016
I worked with special needs students ranging from kindergarten thru 5th grade. I generally liked the kids & staff, however, I was not treated fairly or giving proper training to do this job.
Pros
Fun working with kids.
Cons
Too much politicalism within staff.
Reliable Part-time Job
Food Reports Handler (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 8, 2015
My duty was to make record of the distributed food to the kids and submit an online report at the end of each recess. I enjoyed what I did although the work was easy. That was a seasonal job I did in order to make money for my school. My coworkers were somewhat older than me. But I was given the opportunity to employ my ideas to increase the productivity of the work environment.
Excellent opportunity for growth and development
Secondary Program Summer Development (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 20, 2015
Working in PAUSD for 2 years, I was able to further develop my critical skills and abilities in educational resource management.
Pros
Growth and challenging work environment made the job fulfilling
fun and rewarding
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 16, 2014
My typical day involved overseeing the daily school work and environment for students with special needs. I would need to adjust any work provided to the student, to ensure that the work can be completed. I would need to ensure the safety and well being of the students to ensure that they experience the most comfortable learning environment. The hardest part of my job was adjusting all curriculum to the needs of each individual student. When you see great improvement in the child's ability it makes all difficulties worth it. The staff has a great attitude and such a helpful mind set that it makes for a great work environment.
Pros
fun and enjoyable workplace
Cons
not year around workload
Great place!
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 22, 2014
Going to school all over again....with the exception of becoming awesome assistants to the students with learning differences.
Wonderful energy working with children, creative and fun.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 8, 2012
Early morning start, kindergarten kids entered and gathered in their classroom. I learned that kids are very honest and great people to be with.
We managed to keep 5-6 yr. olds kids' attention with interesting 15-minute intervals in academic and creative tasks.
The teacher and I were a team, we split tasks working in groups.
Didn't like office copying, away from the kids.
Enjoyed being with the kids, watching them learn so much, so fast. Great when they were able to manage tasks they didn't think they could do.
Best of all, seeing their faces every day.
Pros
happy environment with nice feedback, rewards for my art talent.
Cons
when kids got sick. then we got sick.