Palo Alto Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent opportunity for growth and development
Secondary Program Summer Development (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 20, 2015
Working in PAUSD for 2 years, I was able to further develop my critical skills and abilities in educational resource management.
Pros
growth and challenging work environment made the job fulfilling
fun and rewarding
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 16, 2014
My typical day involved overseeing the daily school work and environment for students with special needs. I would need to adjust any work provided to the student, to ensure that the work can be completed. I would need to ensure the safety and well being of the students to ensure that they experience the most comfortable learning environment. The hardest part of my job was adjusting all curriculum to the needs of each individual student. When you see great improvement in the child's ability it makes all difficulties worth it. The staff has a great attitude and such a helpful mind set that it makes for a great work environment.
Pros
fun and enjoyable workplace
Cons
not year around workload
Wonderful energy working with children, creative and fun.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 8, 2012
Early morning start, kindergarten kids entered and gathered in their classroom. I learned that kids are very honest and great people to be with.
We managed to keep 5-6 yr. olds kids' attention with interesting 15-minute intervals in academic and creative tasks.
The teacher and I were a team, we split tasks working in groups.
Didn't like office copying, away from the kids.
Enjoyed being with the kids, watching them learn so much, so fast. Great when they were able to manage tasks they didn't think they could do.
Best of all, seeing their faces every day.
Pros
happy environment with nice feedback, rewards for my art talent.
Cons
when kids got sick. then we got sick.
Great place!
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 22, 2014
Going to school all over again....with the exception of becoming awesome assistants to the students with learning differences.

4.8