PALO PINTO GENERAL HOSPITAL

PALO PINTO GENERAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

CFO Was Extremely Abusive
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXJune 22, 2016
People feared the CFO and I always wondered why the Board members allowed her abuse to go on since it was notorious.
Great place to work and family enviroment
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TX 76067April 3, 2016
One of the best places I ever worked. Every employee treated each other like we were family, not just fellow employees. I learned a great deal about the medical field, the patients, customer service, and team work. My bosses were some of the best a person could ever ask for. The hardest part was trying to maintain a positive attitude towards the more difficult patients, however it was the most rewarding also. I enjoyed interacting with all types of patients and trying to bring a smile to their face during their hardest moments and treating them like a friend. My coworkers became a very important part of my life because they became not only my friends but my family. We always had each others backs and never hesitated to help each other.
Increase the cardiac output
Cardiac Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXDecember 3, 2015
Help many unique individuals attain their goals one step at a time while developing many lasting relationships with the patients and improving their quality of life.
First hospital job
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Difficult place to work in beginning due to late start after graduation. Took care of terminally ill mother for 2 yrs. Director of nursing was also part time instructor who wanted to give me a chance. I eventually learned to be a charge nurse here. Worked with some great people. I was reluctant to leave but decided to follow my wife over to a new job. Good place to work.
Pros
Great people and wide variety of patients to care for
Cons
compensation on the low side
Very rewarding!!
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Working for PPGH was very fulfilling and rewarding. All the departments worked together to make it successful. My co worker were very helpful to other employees and to patients. The support from was great. The hardest part of my job was not being able to speak other language's and having the ability to fix everything. You never really know what is going on in someone else's life. It was important for me to try and help everyone. I enjoyed working with the patients and fellow coworkers. Just maybe making a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Great benefits and the ability of working for a better job.
disatisfied and disappointed overall
employee (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXMay 28, 2015
extremely poor senior management, business is no longer done for a patient's benefit and standard of care. Business is done to support and fund administration's(CEO, CFO, etc) extravagant vacations. Time for new management, employee changes for the hospital to even be a place of care again.
Board members need to open their eyes and acknowlegde what is really occuring for the best interest of the tax payers and community. Most of the community seeks medical care out of town. Shame on administration for being involved and allowing dishonest medical care here.
Pros
still good employees remaining
Cons
too many to list
Pretty much laid back
Exercise Physiologist/Cardiac Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Exercise Physiologist/Cardiac Rehab CoordinatorApril 4, 2015
As long as your work is done you can do as you please within reason. Very lenient on time off. Learned about work conditioning and pre employment screenings. Co-workers range from 24-64 so you cane imagine the different personalities with three men and seven women. Dealing with an elderly community is sometimes troubling but different strokes for different folks. The freedom of my job is the most enjoyable.
Productive day.
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXFebruary 4, 2015
First I check emails for any kind of Authorizations for an Account before Billing the claim out. Following up on Payer Rejects, running eligibility. Go threw any mail I may have received from any Managed Medicaid for denials. Start electronic billing. I have learned Medicaid, changes all the time, one must keep up with any and all Medicaid providers. All of my co-workers are very helpful, I enjoy working with each and every one of them. Hardest part of a normal day is not being able to get a claim paid, not because of my part it is due to usually no Authorization or Consent form for Sterilizations are filled out incorrectly and sending one claim 2 or 3 times for something you have no control over, in this case working harder not smarter. I personally would enjoy to work smarter not harder.
Pros
very nice enviroment.
Cons
lack of communication in many areas.
Admission Clerk / Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  MINERAL WELLS TXOctober 24, 2014
Awesome place to work with exceptional employees along with the community
Worked with patients managed kitchen
Kitchen Manager I Registered Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXJuly 15, 2014
Screened patient's labs, medications, counseled patients in diets, checked tray line, prepared patient's menus for tray line,
as kitchen manager held monthly training meetings, hired employees fired trained employees ordered food, inventory,
Management was great always there for you when problem arose always encouraged you
co-workers great people to work with
firing someone was the hardest
working with the patients
Pros
working with patients
Cons
having to fire someone
Employees are faithful
Radiology Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXJanuary 6, 2014
The employees are very faithful to each other and will be there for you through thick and thin.
County hospital with employee recognition
P.R./Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXFebruary 12, 2013
The PR/Marketing department was in charge of employee recognition, and we tried to make the rest of the staff feel welcome. After two years, my supervisor quit (director) and I became the only person in that department. Still autonomous, but noone to bounce things off of within the department. Many in the hospital, however, did not approve of the CEO's management style. Coworkers were great, and there were no disagreeable parts.
Pros
easy one-to-one discussions with coworkers
Cons
board and ceo often were at odds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PALO PINTO GENERAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.