Palo Verde Hospital

Palo Verde Hospital Employer Reviews

Horrible place to work
Communication Coordinator (Former Employee), Blythe, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: to many politics
There is no training available. This company is located in a very small town of 12,000 people. The competition to keep a job is nerve racking. There are a few senior managers that are very political and decide you is or is not going to have a position in the hospital whether they are qualified or not.
Extremely challenging place of employment
INTERIM CHIEF NURSING OFFICER (Former Employee), Blythe, CANovember 5, 2013
I was employed as an interim Cheif Nursing Officer during an exteremely difficult time during this hospital. All of the administrative team had been dismissed by the BOD as well as all departments did not have any managers. My goal was to provide my skills on a temporary basis until a more experienced CNO could be obtained. This was an extremely stressful – more... arena. However, I was able to provide the leadership that was needed at the time. The most difficult
portion of this employment was not having any managers to assist with the day to day routine requirements. – less
Sincere hospital staff
Consultant (Former Employee), Blythe, CASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: cooperative spirit of staff
Cons: lack of resources
I provided consulting for several years at this small facility.
The staff were great and easy to work with.
Administration seemed disconnected from staff at that time.
wonderful people to work with
Travel Nurse for One Staff Medical (Former Employee), Blythe, CAMay 23, 2013
This hospital is going through much change with a wonderful group of people working hard every day to assist and help staff and environment.
Medical field is complex and exciting
Clerk (Current Employee), Blythe, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: discounted lunches, versitile working hours.
Cons: filing. non-descriptive job title.
Work days are full of activities that involve patient charts and interaction with physicians other departments, patients and visitors.

The medical field is exciting and I have learned many medical terms and have a better understanding of the disease processes.

Co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful and sometime fun.

The hardest part of my job is – more... that the feeling of accomplishment comes in very small stages because the work is no very diversified and never-ending.

I enjoy interaction with other departments to attain a specific goal and customer service. – less
Small town envirnment yet short travel to large metro areas
Business Office Director (Former Employee), Blythe, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: improved overall quality of services to community
Cons: became community hospital; management group hired did little to maintain improvements
Very positive experience. We improved our A/R aging, increased cash collection. Organization improved image in community. Added services to increase utilization by community. Good team in Admitting and Business Office. Good leadership.
OK pay for OK work
Quality and Risk Coordinator (Former Employee), Blythe, CAApril 11, 2012
The pay is OK for the work done but very litte rewards or acknowledgments for what is done. The company is very separated by what people think you should be doing and not a lot of people there will willingly help you.