Palomar Health

Palomar Health Employee Reviews

Health
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAMay 28, 2015
flexible, easy to work with, compensattion on gas, pick your hours, easy drop off for paperwork, caring people, supportive staff
Palomar Health is a wonderful organization to work for
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Escondido, Ca.May 2, 2015
Pros: Beautiful new facility, great people
Cons: Employee parking, job security, expensive cafeteria food
The people who work at Palomar Health in general are very lovely people. The pateints are treated top-notch at a beatiful facility.
Nice working environment
Clinical Resource Management Assistant (Current Employee), Escondido, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: wonderful working environment
Cons: lots of overtime
Our goal is to discharge patients out of the hospital in a timely manner. This involves Utilization Review, Discharge Planning and Transfer packet preperation.

My co-workers are a wonderful team. We work together well and help eachother achieve their tasks.

The hardest part of the job is trauma patients and their diagnosis, uninsured patients waiting in the hospital for another facility to accept them and seeing family's in grief.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of each day.
good company
lift coordinator and patient transportation (Current Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 1, 2015
its good only now it to far from my house and I need to change my life and now the company its transfer to new management changes
Internship
Pathmaker Intern (Current Employee), PalomarJanuary 3, 2015
I have the opportunity to experience a hospital setting from exploring different departments as an intern. From that, I will be confident in choosing the type of department in the health care field.
What a Ridiculous Establishment
Specialist (Former Employee), ESCONDIDO Downtown campus-dump.September 25, 2014
Pros: centrally located.
Cons: old, very old-fashioned managers. period. not creative, not resourceful, looking for people to work like animals. particularly in the medical records group.
Yeah, take That Corp. Relations!
BUDGET CONSTRAINTS, and furloughs, (sending people home to reduce hours per week worked).
great internship for students looking into a career in the medical field
Pathmaker Intern (Former Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 3, 2014
excellent staff who are willing to teach students what it's like to be a part of the medical profession
Nice place to work. Not much room for growth.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Escondido, CAMay 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
I have been with the company for 5 years and am finding myself at a deadened as far as advancement goes. I thoroughly enjoy the company, and the people but would like to move forward in life.

A typical day at work involves assisting staff, patients, and visitors to ensure their visit to the hospital is pleasant.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the "unstable" patients who can be unpredictable, combative at times, and nasty to staff.

The most pleasant part on my job is working with the nurses, and other support staff.
No security.
X-ray tech (Former Employee), Escondido, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits.
Cons: very very poor management in radiology dept.
Good pay, very very weak union, no job security. The prior review was right on. You have to know the right people to work here.
Radiology dept. has horrible management
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), EscondidoFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, union environment, poor rotation
The radiology dept. is fairly close to a train wreck as far as management is concerned. It's all about gossip, favoritism, brown nosing and lets not forget lying and back stabbing. There is also regular arguing and occasional immature drama. If you just want to do your job well and not be involved with any of the above, you are looked at as the 'bad guy'. It's actually quite pathetic. This is not what work should be about. However, the majority of my co-workers agreed with the above and they were mostly great people to work with. Of course there is always a couple who are lazy and don't pull their – more... own weight so to speak, but they won't get written up or fired because its a union hospital and management doesn't care. In fact, there is one in particular that treats the patients horribly and talks down to them in a loud voice. He has had numerous patient complaints and yet nothing is done about it. They also rarely rotate us in different areas such as, Fluoro, OR, ER, portables, etc. because the favorites get priority.
I'll also briefly mention that the Transport team is lazy and poorly managed as well and some of the clique's in the OR are amazingly rude.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and the best part of the job is being left alone by them, enjoying my co-workers company and of course, helping the patients. I've learned that I would NEVER work at this hospital again no matter how much they paid me because peace of mind to me is much more important than the money. I thank my lucky stars every day that I found another job in this economy where I'm happy. – less
Like Family
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Escondido, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: treats you like family
Cons: na
Was treated like family since day one. Always understanding and willing to work with your schedule. I am a mother of three. A full time student and also work for Palomar. They are a PERFECT 10 for a place of employment.
goal oriented work place
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 25, 2013
great facility, large hospital with patient care as the focus.
patient-centered care; good opportunity for experience in healthcare field
Pathmaker Intern (Current Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: experience in different departments; can set your own schedule
Cons: rn's can get too busy to make teaching opportunities avaliable to interns
In a typical day at the hospital, I would round on patients, finding out their needs, and either caring for those needs myself, or relaying the information to the RN. For example, I would give patients bed baths or showers, change their bedding, help them with toileting, feed them, take their vital signs, and ambulate or discharge patients. I would help CNA's reposition them. Someitmes I would help nurses with procedures, or answer the phone at the nurse's station.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patients and staff. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help patients more.
I have enjoyed working with coworkers, when the opportunity arises. I feel I've improved my patient care skills, and my ability to communicate with patients and staff, as a result of working at the hospital. I was recently chosen to be part of a committee to research improved patient care at the hospital.
State of the art facilities
Law Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2013
Lots of dedicated staff and brand new, state of the art hospital.
Good working atmosphere with great co-workers.
Distribution Cart Tech (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 7, 2013
Pros: it was always nice to get a free meal if you had to work on a holiday.
Cons: sometimes they forgot our dept when celebrating at the hospital.
I enjoyed what I did. I would like to advance in the field and possibly go into management. At times it got busy, but that was when the best in people came out. The staff was friendly and it was always interesting when I had to go into the OR to inventory. My favorite place to go was the NICU so I could see all the new babies.
Fast paced environment that provides many challenges
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Escondido, CASeptember 30, 2012
Cons: micromanaging by directors, ineffective communication, lack of attention to workers, etc
A typical day at work involves constantly putting out fires but does provide learning in multiple areas of the food service operation. Most co-workers are stable and take the initiative in many situations but management makes it difficult to fulfill my responsibilities.
Palomar Health is a great organization
Director (Former Employee), Development OfficeSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: innovative organization with forward thinking top managment.
Palomar Health has a terrific Organization Learning & Development Department and provides excellent management training opportunities.
I never know what to expect when arriving to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Escondido, CAJune 2, 2012
Pros: benefits.
Cons: dealing with unruly patients.
A typical day at work entails patrolling the hospital for unsafe conditions. I enjoy this job because I enjoy meeting new people (staff). The management here is mostly promoted from within but have some from outside the company. My coworkers are mostly working in their second career or just starting out in the work-force. The hardest part of this job is calming down patients who are going through trying times.

About Palomar Health

At Palomar Health, we are the largest public health system in Southern California, serving San Diego's inland North County communities – Read more

Palomar Health Salaries