Palomar Health Employee Reviews

A good place to work for
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMarch 7, 2017
Is a good place to work for, great benefits good pay, every one works well together, as a team, very much flexible wen it comes to family issues at home, but in till recently new management started to micro manage the office, the moral and team work has not been the same.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
New management
Volunteering in different departments
Pathmaker Intern (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Able to communicate with a variety of patients ranging from psychiatric to those just entering the clinic. I have experience with managing eClinical works and managing a 5 lead monitor.
Level 1 trauma
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CA 92029January 24, 2017
Great exposure and experience for a student. Hands on experience, great group of people. New large hospital. Large OR suites. Busy. Organized management.
always on the move and physically up beat
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 14, 2016
Everyone and i do stress everyone at the hospital was friendly. A daily goal and culture to make everyone feel at home. i'm not much of a talker but all employees would light up a conversation during their lunch and make you feel at home. no matter what department you worked in, you were never looked down upon. everyone knew without one or the other, the hospital could not function.
Pros
amazing cafe and food
Very hard to balance life
Nutrition Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 5, 2016
Good job but as a varied position your shifts are always changing. They have very good benefits but shifts are always changing making it hard to balance family life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Varied shifts
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
Great place to work. Definitely dedicated individuals. Committed to patient care. Hard to leave a great place like that with wonderful people.
Labor Delivery
RN, Birth Center / Labor & Delivery (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 20, 2016
Great teamwork, coworkers are friendly and personable, doctors as well. Love what I do, L&D is the best job in the world delivering babies.
A typical day at work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 29, 2015
We function as any other outpatient rehabilitation facility, providing rehabilitation services to our patients. Personally, my floor duties are to provide aide to the Occupational, Physical, and Speech therapists in any way that I can. I manage my time between working on the floor and also helping the back office with any duties they need to be done, for example making 'reminder phone calls' for our patients next appoint, inputting patient data into excel, filing, making evaluation folders, etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with the patients with some of their exercises. I enjoy the one on one interaction with the patients.
My Family Away From Home
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 12, 2015
I supported four C-Level Executives. My typical day is made up of extensive calendaring, meeting management and prep, contract management, and invoice organization. I learned how to be able to handle multiple people's needs at the same time. My co-workers were like my family. The hardest part of the job was keeping my direct supervisor up to speed on all the changes to her calendar on a minute to minute basis. I enjoyed event planning the most while working at Palomar Health.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Parking always seemed to be difficult
n/a
CNA - CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 19, 2015
Nursing staff was not happy when I was working there. A high turn over in the unit due to the new hospital opening that cost more than expected. The high cost effected future pay raises for the staff. There was a freeze in raises; not sure if it resolved after I left, but moral was low at the time.
strong family like culture
Director, Business Dev. and Physician Integration (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 6, 2015
Great organization to work for. I have dedicated 8 years to this organization and have had many great projects and opportunities for advancement. Highly recommend working for Palomar Health.
Health
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 28, 2015
flexible, easy to work with, compensattion on gas, pick your hours, easy drop off for paperwork, caring people, supportive staff
Palomar Health is a wonderful organization to work for
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, Ca.May 2, 2015
The people who work at Palomar Health in general are very lovely people. The pateints are treated top-notch at a beatiful facility.
Pros
Beautiful new facility, great people
Cons
Employee parking, job security, expensive cafeteria food
Nice working environment
Clinical Resource Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 23, 2015
Our goal is to discharge patients out of the hospital in a timely manner. This involves Utilization Review, Discharge Planning and Transfer packet preperation.

My co-workers are a wonderful team. We work together well and help eachother achieve their tasks.

The hardest part of the job is trauma patients and their diagnosis, uninsured patients waiting in the hospital for another facility to accept them and seeing family's in grief.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
Cons
Lots of overtime
good company
lift coordinator and patient transportation (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 1, 2015
its good only now it to far from my house and I need to change my life and now the company its transfer to new management changes
Internship
Pathmaker Intern (Current Employee) –  PalomarJanuary 3, 2015
I have the opportunity to experience a hospital setting from exploring different departments as an intern. From that, I will be confident in choosing the type of department in the health care field.
What a Ridiculous Establishment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  ESCONDIDO Downtown campus-dump.September 25, 2014
Yeah, take That Corp. Relations!
BUDGET CONSTRAINTS, and furloughs, (sending people home to reduce hours per week worked).
Pros
Centrally located.
Cons
Old, very Old-fashioned managers. Period. Not creative, not resourceful, looking for people to work like animals. Particularly in the MEDICAL RECORDS GROUP.
great internship for students looking into a career in the medical field
Pathmaker Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 3, 2014
excellent staff who are willing to teach students what it's like to be a part of the medical profession
Nice place to work. Not much room for growth.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 4, 2014
I have been with the company for 5 years and am finding myself at a deadened as far as advancement goes. I thoroughly enjoy the company, and the people but would like to move forward in life.

A typical day at work involves assisting staff, patients, and visitors to ensure their visit to the hospital is pleasant.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with the "unstable" patients who can be unpredictable, combative at times, and nasty to staff.

The most pleasant part on my job is working with the nurses, and other support staff.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
No security.
X-ray tech (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 2, 2014
Good pay, very very weak union, no job security. The prior review was right on. You have to know the right people to work here.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Very very poor management in Radiology Dept.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palomar Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Palomar Health Reviews by Location