Palomar Pomerado Health Employee Reviews

Intern Job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 21, 2017
I was only a student during my community college and took this intern job for five hours a day. This job is the hardest job for a medical complex. The workplace culture are beautiful, relax and easily to work along with workers.
they are organized when it comes to meetings and inservices.
Palomar Home Health (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 18, 2017
The work is easy most of the patients and family are nice. The staffing is not good and there are times that no one is scheduled to replace me and it is hard to get a hold of the supervisor on call on weekends.
Pros
lots of time to do things that have to be done
Cons
low salary
Patient Centered Healthcare, Great team to work with, long time and loyal employees
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 30, 2017
Facility focuses on treating the patient and advancements in healthcare, top rated physicians, priority given to performing tasks correctly, partners with other healthcare systems to reach a greater number of the population
Pros
Delicious food, knowledgeable staff, encourages career advancement
Collaborative Environment
Patient Relations Specialist for Diabetes Health (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMay 12, 2017
I got to see the clinical side of the healthcare industry and worked with a good group of nurses. I had an opportunity to do quite a bit of marketing and event planning.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
On occasion, had some communication issues to work through.
Respiratory Therapy Student clinical rotation
Respiratory Therapist Student (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 2, 2017
As a Respiratory Therapy student, I gained more knowledge working at this location. I cared for adult patients, trauma patients, and status post surgery ventilator patients with acute and/or chronic respiratory diseases, performed ventilator checks, parameter changes, troubleshooting, and weaning protocols, and administered breathing treatments via ventilators (in-line). I also had the opportunity to perform CPR compressions on a patient. I became more familiar with the Servo I (PRVC mode, AV mode) and the NIPPV - Vision (Respironics).
Major public health care provider
Education Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 22, 2015
Funding challenges involved with new-build hospital resulted in major layoffs. Still looking to develop a non-clinical training/learning culture.
A place to bring your loved ones...
Clinical Career Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 14, 2015
Educational setting where one can learn new skills, and meet people from many different cultures. My coworkers were all highly skilled, and very caring individuals. Some red-tape but that's always to be expected in a hospital setting. The management really seemed to care about the patients here, as well as their staff, and I really appreciated that.
Nice place to wotk
Reimbursement Specialist/ Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2015
typical day at work would be calling ins co for payment status on claim , writing appeals and submitting any needed or requested documents
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Poor Managment
correction
NEC Onsite Technician (Former Employee) –  Poway, Ca.April 30, 2014
I was a vender there not an employee.
was a good wok environment.
Large Health Care System, lots of traveling
Nurse Education Specialist, Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Escondido, Ca.January 31, 2014
Educated staff in Med/Surg area to promote best practice. Set up quarterly skills/competencies inservices. Taught BLS classes and gave in-services on eveidenced-based nursing practice. Very independant in my practice as a nurse educator. All co-workers worked well with each other and co-taught at times. Floor nurses worked 24/7, educator was to be available for all shifts in order to teach compentencies and skills. Most enjoyable part of this job was teaching classes with a power point and lots of disscussion.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Far distance between each facility

Want to know more about Palomar Pomerado Health?

Ask a question
Great job, great organization, loved this job
Courier Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Every day was different, worked well with management, co-workers all had good synergy, just a fun and rewarding job to go to every day
Pros
no two days were alike, always busy and wonderul co-workers
Cons
The deparment was closed and was laid off
Palomar Health
IT Service Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Pomerado HealthSeptember 9, 2013
It was one of best experience,I have had the pleasure of working.I learned a lot new skills while I was there.My typical day was mainly answering the phones and providing customer service either trouble shooting, taking requests, installs,or account unlocks, create email distribution groups. I even learn how to be calm and cool when some our networks went down and I would follow protocol to have service restore. My boss was a great boss. He let us be ourselves and he would always offer help, if we needed assistance in solving a problem. He was always there for me, when I needed his help. He a great listener and always rewarded us with lunch, when we kept our abandonment rate down. My co workers were great people I enjoyed working next to them. We would always share knowledge on how solve problems. The hardest part was taking complaints from upset doctors who didn't like medical software. I always did my best with the doctors either answering their questions or guiding them through a process on charting like how to make orders or discharge a patient. The most enjoy able part of the job is I get to make someone day very happy. Sometimes I will get letter from nurse thanking me for my kind service and for fixing their problem.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, rewards of excellet costomer service
Cons
short lunches, Angry costomers, failing computers
Worked in various areas of Women's Health.
Maternal Infant Home Care Patient Educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2013
I did in home patient education and worked as a Lactation Consultant. Hardest part of the job was scheduling patients in different parts of the county on a daily basis to keep driving ti a minimum. Best part of the job was successful demonstration of teaching by my clients.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2013
Worked on outstanding patient balances, did front reception, did patient statements to bill out, trained new co-workers on the computer systems.
Experienced, enthusiastic in revenue cycle of medical insurance billing
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 26, 2013
Currently claims to be billed that do not meet the ready to bill status are dropped into four billers queues for review. Together we have identified issues to look for until changed, or updated in system. I look to for all components to be charged before sending claims for reimbursement. Management is very interactive to achieve a high level enthusiasm and competency. I enjoy identifying and finding solutions for claims that are rejected, unassigned, or denied. I feel very good to assist in the accurate processing of all encounters.
Pros
I love working for a growing, high engery employer.
Cons
I want to be a larger part of the revenue collection process.
PPH is a great palce to work.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2012
Would come in and check on if all the pt's staments were printed that day repalce paper to finish printing statements, check to make sure there are no mistakes and address is there if not i have to check and input info in the computer,mail the statements out, scann the demographics from the hospitals,work front desk reception relief or cover for sick receptionist,billing, and 1011 billing there is so much more that i had done there. i learned the day to day mangement of how a hospital is run.got along with all co-workers, can't say what was the hardest part of the job, The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what i can of differnt parts of the office does and get to learn how it is done. not affraid to learn new things.
Pros
lerning what i can of the job
Cons
none come to mind.
Not awesome, not terrible
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 19, 2012
The job itself was fine. The administration was quite quirky so it depends on how much contact you have with them directly- and they have changed since then. However, a word to the wise, my friend who is a psychologist says "they are a bunch of narcissists there".
Pros
organized, allowed to do job
Cons
drama
the best experience until now
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2012
well respected company. I feel very proud to have worked at this company.
benefits