Palomar Pomerado Health Employee Reviews in United States

Major public health care provider
Education Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CANovember 22, 2015
Funding challenges involved with new-build hospital resulted in major layoffs. Still looking to develop a non-clinical training/learning culture.
Nice place to wotk
Reimbursement Specialist/ Rep II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2015
typical day at work would be calling ins co for payment status on claim , writing appeals and submitting any needed or requested documents
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Poor Managment
correction
NEC Onsite Technician (Former Employee) –  Poway, Ca.April 30, 2014
I was a vender there not an employee.
was a good wok environment.
Great job, great organization, loved this job
Courier Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Every day was different, worked well with management, co-workers all had good synergy, just a fun and rewarding job to go to every day
Pros
no two days were alike, always busy and wonderul co-workers
Cons
the deparment was closed and was laid off
Palomar Health
IT Service Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Pomerado HealthSeptember 9, 2013
It was one of best experience,I have had the pleasure of working.I learned a lot new skills while I was there.My typical day was mainly answering the phones and providing customer service either trouble shooting, taking requests, installs,or account unlocks, create email distribution groups. I even learn how to be calm and cool when some our networks went down and I would follow protocol to have service restore. My boss was a great boss. He let us be ourselves and he would always offer help, if we needed assistance in solving a problem. He was always there for me, when I needed his help. He a great listener and always rewarded us with lunch, when we kept our abandonment rate down. My co workers were great people I enjoyed working next to them. We would always share knowledge on how solve problems. The hardest part was taking complaints from upset doctors who didn't like medical software. I always did my best with the doctors either answering their questions or guiding them through a process on charting like how to make orders or discharge a patient. The most enjoy able part of the job is I get to make someone day very happy. Sometimes I will get letter from nurse thanking me for my kind service and for fixing their problem.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, rewards of excellet costomer service
Cons
short lunches, angry costomers, failing computers
Worked in various areas of Women's Health.
Maternal Infant Home Care Patient Educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2013
I did in home patient education and worked as a Lactation Consultant. Hardest part of the job was scheduling patients in different parts of the county on a daily basis to keep driving ti a minimum. Best part of the job was successful demonstration of teaching by my clients.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2013
Worked on outstanding patient balances, did front reception, did patient statements to bill out, trained new co-workers on the computer systems.
Experienced, enthusiastic in revenue cycle of medical insurance billing
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 26, 2013
Currently claims to be billed that do not meet the ready to bill status are dropped into four billers queues for review. Together we have identified issues to look for until changed, or updated in system. I look to for all components to be charged before sending claims for reimbursement. Management is very interactive to achieve a high level enthusiasm and competency. I enjoy identifying and finding solutions for claims that are rejected, unassigned, or denied. I feel very good to assist in the accurate processing of all encounters.
Pros
i love working for a growing, high engery employer.
Cons
i want to be a larger part of the revenue collection process.
PPH is a great palce to work.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2012
Would come in and check on if all the pt's staments were printed that day repalce paper to finish printing statements, check to make sure there are no mistakes and address is there if not i have to check and input info in the computer,mail the statements out, scann the demographics from the hospitals,work front desk reception relief or cover for sick receptionist,billing, and 1011 billing there is so much more that i had done there. i learned the day to day mangement of how a hospital is run.got along with all co-workers, can't say what was the hardest part of the job, The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what i can of differnt parts of the office does and get to learn how it is done. not affraid to learn new things.
Pros
lerning what i can of the job
Cons
none come to mind.
Not awesome, not terrible
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 19, 2012
The job itself was fine. The administration was quite quirky so it depends on how much contact you have with them directly- and they have changed since then. However, a word to the wise, my friend who is a psychologist says "they are a bunch of narcissists there".
Pros
organized, allowed to do job
Cons
drama
the best experience until now
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2012
well respected company. I feel very proud to have worked at this company.
benefits