Palos Community Hospital

Palos Community Hospital Employer Reviews

Great coworkers, flexible hours, good pay.
Data Entry (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILMay 25, 2014
I really enjoyed this job because the hours were extremely flexible. I was attending college at the time and my employer basically let me choose my work schedule each week. My three coworkers were really nice and helpful. Whenever I would come across a medical term I did not know they would easily assist me. There was no downside to this job.
A long standing medical institution
Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILApril 27, 2014
Palos Hospital strives to give the best medical care. Workers are generally nice and helpful. There are many departments and professions that collaborate to ensure the highest quality of care.
excellent hospital to work at
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Palos hospitalJanuary 22, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working at Palos It is a very clean and well run hospital.
A fun and great learning opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILJanuary 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be managing time sheets, employee tardiness, scheduling, and figuring out unit-based assignments. I learned how to effectively manage a work-group that catered to team-wok and professionalism. My co-workers were fun, knowledgeable people who brought a lot of diversity to a work group. The most difficult part of the job was – more... giving negative criticism is a positive way. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that I made a difference in the lives of others. – less
Volunteer for patients
Volunteer (Former Employee), Palos Heights, IllinoisDecember 25, 2013
I was there to transport patients to and from different areas within the hospital. I also delivered different reading materials and helped stock supplies.
Enjoy working as a team.
CNA/ Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILDecember 19, 2013
Pros: part time, salary is fair.
Cons: distance is too far from home.
Always willing to learn anything new, strive to work as a team. Always willing to help and help people feel better.
Here as a student
Senior Radiological Technology Student (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILSeptember 9, 2013
During my time as a student, I learned a lot from the staff. Looking to work here in the future.
productive and well organized
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: night shift
very productive and fast paced hospital. I enjoyed working in the emergency room. I worked with over 20 phlebotomist and we all got along. it was a fun place to work.
Very well ran hospital
Per Diem/Contract Nurse (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Great facility coworkers friendly and helpful, high patient satisfaction
Good people
Electrician I / Maintenance I (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILJune 17, 2013
There was always something new every day to do. If they kept you going with work orders all day, it was great. If you sat all day, it made for a long day and to think what patients had to pay to be there they deserved better services by us. The people were great but our management needed to be better at keeping us busy like some of the other departments.
Organized and very helpful.
Staff Nurse, R.N (Former Employee), Palos Hills, ILJune 6, 2013
Great patient relations and evaluations survey per patients. The management is professional and always ready to help. The hardest part of the job the occasional high acuity.
Palos Hospital
Hskp Asst II/Team Leader, Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILMay 11, 2013
Pros: attractive looking with new rennovations
Cons: bad attitudes, unfair work loads, being sent home early w/no pay
Palos Hospital used to be a very nice place to work but with the current mess with our health care system, things have really changed. Employees are not happy and it shows in the way they treat each other and with how they treat the patients. The hospital is trying to survive, which is understandable, but it can't run efficiently if its employees are – more... not happy. – less
Good hospital
Laboratory/Pathology Clerk (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILApril 13, 2013
Pros: new lab, good pay
Cons: no opportunity to advance
I am a client services represtative. Our main responsibility is to assist everyone in the lab and the people who enter our alcove area which is the area all specimens get dropped off. In this position, we adminster all general office duties such as answering the telephones and assisting patients, doctor's offices with lab results, faxing,filing, and – more... processing registrations for blood and surgical specimens we receive. Our main goal is to maintain patient confidentiality and accuracy as we enter very important information in the computer system. The hardest part of the job is making sure that we identify all specimens with the correct patient information. The most enjoyable part of this position is being such a great part of the lab and being in the center we get a piece of everything so there is always something different to deal with. My co-workers that I work with are a really great group. We all communicate well and get along with one another very well and work as a great team. – less
A day in the life at PCH
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILApril 11, 2013
A typical day at work consists of gathering all the supplies needed for the work schedule. Throw in a break and lunch and the day is the work day is complete.

Each day something new is learned. Whether is be a bacteria we identified that we never encountered or a simple task that yielded some new found results that can be shared with my co-workers.

I – more... try to keep an open mind about management. I understand that the newly opened building on campus has been very stressful on everyone. However they need to keep in mind that it is the people behind the scenes that are the biggest asset and are who and what keeps the place running efficiently.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the friends and "family" I have grown to love. I spend more time with my co-workers than I do with my own family. I will take those friendships with me wherever I end up in my career. – less
Love working with the staff and patients
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILFebruary 27, 2013
Warm welcoming hospital with new employees and provides excellent patient care.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Palos Heights ILFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Expanding Hospital
Changes in Management
Large new lab
fun coworkers
family atmoshere and good benefits
not so great !
Cna (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: management was horrible
Management thinks there higher then everyone else. they don't say hello to you they just walk right past you. Co workers were great.
The pay is good.
Electrician (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: being on call
It was a pleasure to work with other professionals in the industry. Everyone's primary concern was patient safety. My position involved dealing with a wide variety of electrical issues throughout the hospital, this included everything from changing light bulbs to running new electrical circuits.
Great work enviroment
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: beautiful clean facitlity
Cons: small cafateria
All employees work very well together. Palos Hospital treats their employees with respect and care.
Palos Review Summary
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILJanuary 10, 2013
A typical night at work includes drawing all patients in a timely manner, responding to stats, codes, and rapid responses. Around 4:45 am I get ready for morning draw to begin.