Palos Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Don't work here if u have a life
Respiratory (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 17, 2017
You work every other weekend but if u work pm's or nights, u work basically every weekend. You cannot request off on ur weekend. Management is the worst I've ever seen. The money is bad, the hospital itself is nice and the equipment is good but the working conditions are not suited for someone who enjoys their life and free time.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Work schedule, management
Palos Hospital
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 2, 2017
Interned while at Carl Sandburg High School. Learned about filing, answering phones, etc. Enjoyable staff and flexible hours for school. Left when school year ended.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
intership poor pay
Horrible Hospital
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Palos is a great looking hospital that provides horrible care. Most of the employees are prejudice. On numerous occasions I would overhear the ER nurses referring to patients by their ethnicity. Patients would call for help and the staff would just walk past the room and ignore them sometimes even laugh. The registration team was a bunch of desperate women seeking attention from the paramedics and firemen.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Always short staffed
Excellant place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 26, 2017
I worked at Palos Hospital over 20 years ago. They were well organized, just a great place to work. Friendly environment. Everybody showed up for their shift which is very important
receptionist, courir (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 2, 2017
I liked it , it was volunteering, I had a whole new experience doing many different things and there many jobs available to I learned new skills with every job, truly enjoyed it.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 1, 2017
It was fun working with people my age. Everybody helped out each other during the day to get the work done. The hardest part of working there was when it got super busy and there wasnt any help. Another hard part was if you needed to find someone to work for you, not a lot of people are willing to swamp shifts just because they dont like the shift that other person works.
It was very nice place to work and very comforable working with every level staff.
Computer Operator/Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Palos Hospital and enjoyed every moment. Staff was excellent and very caring to co-workers and patients. If I move back home, I would apply for same position.
Pros
Some of the rooms were very cold to work felt like below zero.
Cons
No comments loved it.
medical surgical unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJune 22, 2017
This was my first job as a nurse and it was rewarding in a multitude of ways. It helped build confidence as a nurse. I worked the 3-11 shift and made a lot of friends.
I found Palos hospital a very good place to work.
Manager-Cost Accounting (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Palos Hospital very much until my boss left. My new boss was terrible. New very little about hospitals. How much you like your job often depends on who you work for.
Pros
Very clean nice building with good parking
Good Learning Experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  SurgeryJune 13, 2017
My 16+ years at Palos were very productive and a good learning experience. The staff was a pleasure to work with. Palos was a good place to learn how to successfully work through the stressful situations that comes with working in a surgical department.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Stressful situatons
Productive day at the hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJune 4, 2017
On a typical day, I interacted with both the nurses and the patients. I had to make sure the patients were tended to by giving them food and water. I had to restock the equipment for the nurses. I also had to make deliveries for the nurses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJune 1, 2017
Good employer. Haven't had any issues with management. Salary is fair. PTO is pretty generous. Patient population is pretty easy to deal with. Would recommend.
hard working job
AIDE (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMay 20, 2017
fast paced, stressed pushed on you from others
you don't really get time off

this job is a hard working job that keeps you

on your toes there is a lot of walking
the whole day
Managing our patients on a daily basis
Family Nurse Practitioner / Hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMarch 16, 2017
Love working at Palos they truly care about their patients. They strive to give the best medical care on the South side of Chicago. I have met many wonderful who have been helpful in helping make my career a success.
Pros
Good company culture
Great community hospital
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 14, 2017
Great community hospital. Employees tend to stay in their positions a long time and form a bond with co-workers. There are great benefits here. Paid time off and extended illness banks are a plus. Credit union is a plus. Nice cafeteria, gift shop. Nice walking path around hospital grounds. Covered parking available. Valet for patients.
Pros
close to home, short commute, great benefits
Cons
short breaks.
Many different cultures
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, IL 60463February 28, 2017
The pay is better than most places. There is always opportunities to pick up hours. Management could be a bit better in some Areas. Advancement depends on who you know.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Advancement depends on who you know
Wonderful Co workers and management
Ultrasound Technologist/Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILFebruary 22, 2017
I have been content and enjoy the workplace environment here. I would recommend Palos Community Hospital. We have Ultrasound Techs 24 hours rotation, there is no on call.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Raises
What I learned
Cardiovascular Unit / Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILFebruary 15, 2017
When the CVU opened, I was one of the nurses who was there at the beginning. It was exciting to be part of that experience. I had been a nurse for 10 years at this time, but there was always more to learn. The CVU utilized the universal bed model, which follows a patient from admission through surgery and recovery to discharge.
great place to work
Director, Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy working in a fast pace environment and gained a more in-depth knowledge in project management and capital construction procurement.
A great opportunity to help others.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 23, 2016
Palos Community Hospital has loving and caring medical staff to with. They put their patients first. Staff always demonstrated an helping hand to each others.
Pros
Their are various special unit to work
Cons
Working every other weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palos Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2