Palos Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs
Former cna (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 17, 2016
Not recommended for employment or receiving of services. Behind the times, do not train staff, lacks innovation. No opportunity for advancement. Avoid unless you are desperate.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management heavy without providing any management, No support provided, They believe they are above the law.
A great opportunity to help others.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 23, 2016
Palos Community Hospital has loving and caring medical staff to with. They put their patients first. Staff always demonstrated an helping hand to each others.
Pros
Their are various special unit to work
Cons
Working every other weekend.
Loving environment for young students
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 3, 2016
Security officers and other workers were extremely loving. They reached out to young volunteers like me when I looked like I was struggling or need help with something. I learned so much to the point that a hospital work isn't just something you do because you have to do it but because is something you love. It's like taking care of your family.
Pros
Free Coffee and Candy
Cons
No brake
EKG technician
EKG Tech (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 13, 2016
Being an EKG Tech. was a very busy job. Our team would handle all EKG's for inpatients, outpatients and the ER Department. I learned many new skills: customer relations, working with 3 different soft ware computer systems. Our team was well organized and could handle all situations on our own with little help from supervisors. We communicated well with each other as well as the nurses and Doctors. The hardest part of the job was knowing how to handle very stressful situations with the Stats that would come in. We needed to balance and organize our time in an efficient manor. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment and of course working with all the patients.
Pros
Working with patients.
Cons
High stress
Very productive, multi tasking and energetic workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILJune 23, 2016
The beautiful day starts of by selling/giving out newspapers to the sick and elderly. Following that we would give out flowers to patients whos families ordered them for them. After all of that was completed, my coworker and I walked through the hospital and gave out surveys to patients. The hospital wanted the best for them therefore the surveys were very important to them. Volunteering at the hospital taught me a lot about patience and how delicate life is.
great place to work
Director, Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoy working in a fast pace environment and gained a more in-depth knowledge in project management and capital construction procurement.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJuly 18, 2016
Overall Palos Hospital is a great place to work. I love working with people. My desire is to return to the clerical field. That is where my passion is.
Pros
Love my patients
Cons
Not allowed to sit and lunches are taken away due to workload
You can learn alot but some of the senior employees on the job make it hard for new comers to stay or not get discharged.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 4, 2016
You would already know from the day before what you duty were that day. I did learn a lot in my field of study by some good people.
Management was not fair to all employees unless you were there for a long time. All voices would not be heard and mgmt. would allow some employees to be disrespectful to others. Most of the co-workers that I had were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was to ignore the disrespectful attitudes of some employees. The most enjoyable is that everyone was disrespectful. Majority of people would help and assist you without any problems. They worked as team players.
Pros
Benefits were spectacular and the cafeteria was phenomenal.
Cons
Wrong people in management
Great environment with caring and supportive staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILApril 24, 2016
I think this hospital is definitely a place for growth. I have seen many co-workers switch from one position to another with the help of the hospital.
Best place to start a career!
Student-Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 16, 2015
I started my IT career at PCH as a Student-Field Support Tech. I had the best mentors who not only taught me a few things but also helped me move in my career by trusting with tough projects. Pretty nice to put on a resume.
Pros
execellent teammates, great exercise walking around the hospital
Cons
parking could be tough in first shift sometimes

Want to know more about Palos Community Hospital?

Ask a question
PCH was a fast past hospital. Oncology Med/Surg unit very busy and no downtown.
Flex RN (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 6, 2015
I worked 7am-3:30pm. It was the busiest time to be on floors in the hospital. Took care of 5-7 pt's at a time. Oncology patients are very heavy patients requiring would care, tube feeding, tracy care, IV therapy, blood transfusions and pain meds. VEry busy/fast days.

Management on this unit was good and helpful.
Pros
all aspects of nursing on these units/keeping my skills current
Cons
not well staffed at times.
Palos Community Hospital is a beautiful facility.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILSeptember 27, 2015
Palos Community Hospital has taught me a lot. I have had the opportunity to work with a great team of people who work well together and genuinely care about patient outcomes. Communication could be better between management and employee's. Overall, a good company to work for.
Always a busy environment, but for the mostpart, nurses worked together really well.
Charge Nurse, Medical Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  HP3July 6, 2015
I enjoyed working here and did so for 13 years. The units that I worked always exemplified teamwork and excellent patient care. It was an honor to work among that group of nursing professionals.
Pros
teamwork, fantastic coworkers
Cons
scheduling difficulties, little autonomy
Most enjoyable part of my job
Social Worker/Registry (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 8, 2015
Then most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients. Being able to provide patients with resources and equipment that is needed at the time of discharge can be very rewarding. Also the staff is great to work with.
PCH is not a very patient focused facility and they do not seem to care much about there employees.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJune 28, 2015
On a typical day we could see 100+ patients in the emergency room. While I love the fast pace and how much I learn working in the emergency room, It is difficult to find that enjoyment when your manager and coworkers do not work as a team at all. There is a very obvious impression of " I'm the nurse you're the tech, this is not my job" and it is very disappointing. PCH seemed to be more focused on getting as many in and out as quickly as possible rather than concentrating on the patient well being and their satisfaction. While they did make their brand new emergency room beautiful, it is not functional for true emergency patients,
Pros
Gained ER experience, Obtained new skills, and learned a lot
Cons
Lack of teamwork, obvious favoritism, Poor management
a very nice place, to work
cna (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILMay 25, 2015
Management, overall is unprofessional. Homecare department. I was a very professional, certified nursing assisted, enjoy caring people. Nurses are very professional. Supervisor,has no respects, for cna. I worked, in field, along with charge nurse. Teamwork,was very, important, which, I think was respectfully, I truly,enjoy working,for this organization.
Pros
none.
Cons
after 5, no raises.
Always moving up.
Customer Service Clerk Business Office (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILAugust 23, 2015
This place has taught me so much in one year from customer service, collector, cashier, recovery specialist, billing and much more. I am so grateful for this job. I've learn so much that I am so surprise that I have learn so much in just a little time.
Very Productive Department
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Palos Park, ILNovember 14, 2015
I work in the PACU (recovery room) which is a very busy and productive workplace. The nurses are very caring an dedicated individuals. I enjoy my job.
Very busy and productive place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILNovember 24, 2015
Very busy place to work. Always have something to do never idol. Fellow employees are are supportive and great to work with.
Friendly and flexible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILJanuary 30, 2015
A typical day required receiving report from previous shift. Then checking all blood work and tests completed and note those outstanding. Meeting and assessing patients, passing medications and providing comfort. Time management was required as well as excellent social skills with the patients and their families as we all as any of the auxiliary departments working with the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Palos Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Palos Community Hospital Reviews by Location