Pam Transport

Pam Transport Employee Reviews

Good Company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArApril 20, 2015
Good company to work for is you are just starting out in the work world.. The company was flexible and understanding. Co-worker were easy to work with
Great pay but alot of time away from home
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARApril 13, 2015
Spent most of the day driving or waiting to get loaded or unloaded. Home time of 3-4 days every 4-6 weeks. Didn't have direct coworkers. Hardest part was being away from home. The best was getting to see the country
good for starting
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Tontitown, ARApril 11, 2015
im lookin for more time at home and pam cant give me that .. so designated routes or local routes are what i need.. for on the road expericace pam is good for anyone to start out with there benifits are great and they do try to hlp and work with the drivers ..
it was okay, got to see new places
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Tontitown, ARApril 2, 2015
Pros: they paid for your rooms at the motel and keep your truck on the road
Cons: the pay was the biggest thing
The job i had was stressfull at times and some days was rough, but all in all it would'nt all that bad. Got to see places I have never been.
Otr Driver
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Springdale, ARMarch 27, 2015
All in all, a good company to work for. It's a job that consist of constant changes in where you could end up on a day to day basis. If you want to see the country and get paid for it, great job to have.
Being on the road at weeks at a time.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARMarch 23, 2015
Pros: minimal expenses
Cons: minimal social life
Typical day: Inspect Truck and Trailer for any safety issues before driving. At a sender/receiver I would drop or pick up a trailer.

What I learned: How to drive a double-clutch vehicle and how to drive truck with trailer.

Management: Was very friendly and able to keep me with consistent loads.

Co-workers: Worked separately with minimal interactions.

Hardest part: Locating a sender/receiver with poor or no directions.

Most enjoyable: It mostly being just driving.
Driver Manager (Current Employee), Tontitown, ARFebruary 25, 2015
Fast pace of work with energetic people that are there to get the loads picked up and delivered on time while keeping drivers continually moving, making money, and home on time.
should have listen
OTR Driver (Former Employee), usaFebruary 16, 2015
Start up company for drivers depends on who u know may sit for days even if you drive teams, home time is maybe two days not alot of money per mile
Large Compay
Truck Driver/Trainer (OTR) (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: provided the training i needed to secure position
Cons: low pay
Trained and then promoted to be a trainer for OTR travel. One and Two passengers driving. Only worked for 1 year because I was offered more money and better benefits.
Not what they say they are
Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: start in truck driving industry
Cons: out for 6 weeks, no home time
Pam Transport does not pay what they say they do. After all the deductions you are lucky to get 300 a week. Management is unhelpful and if you are lucky enough to last a year and find another company.
You are only a number with this company
Truck Driver (Current Employee), arkJanuary 23, 2015
Underpaid, but a good starter Company...
I worked there for over 3 years and never received a raised..
Nice starter company
OTR Driver/Mentor (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: could make own schedule
Cons: dispatch dont understand the job of the drivers
I enjoyed the work, got to see different parts of the country. Training could be stressful. Daytime management was good, nighttime and week end slacked and would often ignore.
PAM does not really train new drivers on the details
Student Driver (Former Employee), Irving TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: i was completely into it and ready to do a great job
Cons: these mentors are not state-examined or government-certified, pam is picking their own mentors, to have enough for all their new recruits.
The mentoring program, I experienced, was just a team-driving with another person (called mentor) to pick up and deliver loads for PAM. I could now say "Making lots of money with mainly using student drivers". When I drove, my mentor was sleeping, because he had to be ready for driving in his own shift. Just on the very first day he kept being with me observing me driving and if I could "keep the vehicle on the road". I was then driving every day for many hours over the highways, did hardly practice any downshifting or other things, I wanted to learn. And when we came to a Customer he said, that he would have to back-up to the loading dock. He even didn't try to find out, if I could do it. But he was still responsible for my training. And so I missed out on some very basic details of driving and finally failed on my road test After that I got dismissed as not being qualified. I was driving lots of miles very successfully for PAM during my time, but became a bit nervous at my road test and failed. Two weeks later I received already a bill for 6000 $, which I'd have to pay to PAM's driving school. Reason: I did not "fulfill" my First-Year contract.

Final conclusion:

What I'm not practicing, one actually cannot really test me on.
Now it's very hard for me to get hired as a driver, because I do not have enough "driving-time experience" and I'm also still sitting on my failed road test. Just horrible to live with !

But as I'm writing this review, these conditions could have dramatically changed with PAM, and it is now a better place to train and work with. You just have to find out !!!
Good starting company horrible managment
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARDecember 22, 2014
Pros: if you like living in a truck for long periods of time go for it.
Cons: pay is horrible no home time always late getting you home, dispatch is rude your just a number at this company.
This is a good company to get your foot in the door but money was horrible for being on the road 3 weeks at a time and dispatch did not care about you only if you were making him money had to fight them every-time it came time for my home time witch would only be 2 days off then back out for 3-4 weeks very depressing. Make sure you do your homework before deciding what company you want to work for i did not and i learned the hard way.
Terrible Trucking Company
OTR driver (Current Employee), Tontitown, ArkansasDecember 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: 25 cent per miles
Low Pay and a lot of sitting around plus limited home time. The management and training programs are terrible. The trucks are not safe.
Stay Away From PAM
Driver (Current Employee), TexasDecember 8, 2014
Pros: new equipment
Cons: poverty level pay
PAM Transport conducts their business in what could best be best described as a legal scam. They pay their drivers half of industry standard putting their drivers in a position that they have no choice but to quit before they are able to complete their years contract. This de-obligates PAM from having to pay for the drivers schooling and makes it so the driver has to pay.
The average mileage pay for the industry is 46 cents per mile per driver, PAM pays 25 cents per mile for solo drivers and what equates to 36 cents per mile for team drivers. Your average weekly mileage with PAM from this drivers experiance comes to around 1500 to 2000 per week. After deductions a driver with PAM can figure that they will net approx. 350.00 per week at best. Most drivers in the industry average a gross of 1500 per week.
Bottom line for individuals that are looking at getting into the trucking industry is that PAM is a no go, they will starve you and your family so they will make the money while you lose everything you own without even batting an eye.
Opportunity
Driver (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 29, 2014
Pros: never a dull day
Thanks to PAM I've enjoyed the over the road experience when my routes were from Laredo to Detroit and vise versa. PAM is a good company to work for...
Rude company, very bad attitudes
OTR driver (Former Employee), Tontitown, ARNovember 17, 2014
Cons: long trips, rude staff.
this company takes you away from your family and refuses to let you spend time with them, was out for weeks at a time and i had to beg them to get back to my home location after they promised me time home. I had to resign from the company after having passed my physical for a medical injury from years before.
fleet managers easy to get along with.
Truck Driver OTR (Former Employee), Tontitown, AROctober 21, 2014
great company to drive for with newer truck and trailers.getting hometime was good.
Startup driving position for new drivers.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tontitown, ArkansasOctober 13, 2014
Pros: gain experience, health insurance
Cons: low pay, equipment is older for the new drivers, dispatchers can be very unfriendly because they know you're contracted for a year, lots of sitting around waiting on loads, dirty facilities.
It is what it is. They pay for your CDL and you are contracted to drive for them for a year. I learned to safely operate a tractor trailer through this company. I had a trainer for 30 days on the road. He was super cool and we remain friends 7 years later. The mileage pay is awful. Don't expect to make mortgage and car payments working here. It's a tradeoff. Most firms require at least 1 year experience. If you're going to do it my advice is to do your year and move on. They mostly run southern routes so staying out of the snow is possible. When I worked there in 2007 they had excellent Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare. I was really surprised. I think I had a 15 dollar copay and 5 dollar prescriptions. I never received big bills from my Dr. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't all bad. They are basically paying you to gain skills needed to move on to a better paying job. Most of their facilities were dirty and gross except for their facility in Tontitown. They keep that place very clean. Bring your sandals and plenty of disinfectant hand wipes!

1 2 3 4

About Pam Transport

PAM Transport is an Arkansas-based trucking company providing truckload services to the United States, Mexico and Canada. We – Read more

Pam Transport Salaries