PAM Transport Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place with a lot of sight seeing.
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMarch 15, 2016
Driving trucks is not a typical day at all because you face many obstacles due to weather and traffic. You plan to pick up and deliver product on time, safe, and intact.

I've learned time management and planning is very important to this job as well as life.

My driver manager is very professional and helpful to any situation I may run in to on the road.

I have friendly and helpful co-workers who pay attention to areas they may assist you in.

Hardest part of job is the solitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the country and people from different cultures of life.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Time away from family
Don't waste your time with this company!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJune 9, 2016
I've been with this company for 4 months and I'm looking for a different one. I sit at every single stop I have, usually for days. Layover pay you have to fight for and it's only $27.50. My paychecks average about $200/wk, just enough to keep myself fed while hauling their loads when I finally manage to get one. No matter what, you won't make enough to live off of, forget about trying to pay any bills. When I transflow, I have to do it several times because no one seems to understand how to do their job, they can't find it. Many times I've been told by the company I'm delivering to that the load was due the day before and they won't unload me for anywhere between 24-72 hours. So basically I'm given the load after it's due and have no chance of getting it there on time. Most miles I've managed to get in a week were 2800 and that was with a teammate. Usually average maybe 1000/wk. Also, the schooling isn't free as promised, they take payments for it out of your check. When I've tried to get a load quicker, I get excuses that it's hard to get freight in and out of my state. For this job, you average about $1.15/hr, trust me when I say, don't waste your time. This is a b.s. company that will make sure you barely move and you can't make anything on your paycheck.
Pros
Travel
Cons
everything else
Just Don't
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJanuary 29, 2016
You never get the proper pay. I had to call payroll weekly because my pay was shorted. It took over 2 months to get reimbursements. Do not give a notice because they will keep your final paycheck. They are without any doubt the worst company to work for. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR SO CALLED TRAINING. You will not get trained. I would advise that if you need a company that provides training to go to Swift or Warner.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Pay. You will not bring home more then 300 weekly.
Easy work. managment is to into favoritsm when it comes down to over time
Eir inspector/ trailer inspector (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 14, 2016
good people work there except for management. they have their favoritism when it comes down to over time and days off. if you like getting treated unfairly then come work at pam
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
a joke
evs hazmat driver (Former Employee) –  tontitownSeptember 26, 2015
This company is a joke... some weeks you run 3k miles then the next maybe 6k... you have no home life...me and my teammate got along great, but not with the people at the company... can't tell you how many times we had to cuss out a member of management to get things rolling... as a expedited team you shouldn't wait expecially being how they said they were short on hazmat drivers...once again a joke... layover pay you have to fight for and you can forget detention pay...they make their living on new people to the industry not knowing any better... night dispatch is the biggest let down...if you don't have a load on Friday afternoon more than likely you should make camp...you will be sitting all weekend... STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
got to visit new places
Cons
everything else
Good place to get experience while getting paid.
OTR Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Multi location (OTR)August 5, 2015
I have been with this company going on six months. So far, they have come through with everything they said they would. They paid for my training at C1 and provided a motel room (double occupancy). Breakfast was provided by the motel, on my own for lunch and dinner.

At orientation for five days receiving $25 per day for four days then $200 on the fifth day (or completion day if delayed for any reason).

Went out with a mentor for two weeks. He did most of the driving first couple of days, then worked me into more driving hours as my confidence and stamina improved. Learned a great deal about logs and shipping papers as well as shipper and consignee procedures. He was instrumental in improving my backing skills. Passed the upgrade process to first seat driver without any trouble.

Yes, I have had to sit and wait for loads at times. It is the nature of the business. The key is constant communication. Keep the DM/dispatch team informed via Qualcom regarding your status and they do their best to keep you moving. Most of the time it has been the shippers holding me up or needing repairs on the equipment. Never had a problem getting something repaired when needed. Company shops can be a bit slow but they do have a lot of trucks and equipment to work on.

CPM is a bit below industry average but they do have a great benefits package and they have gotten me home when requested most of the time. Have to put time off requests in early enough to allow them to plan properly for it. Over all, it has been a good company to work for.
Pros
Excellent benefits, home time
Cons
Low CPM, waiting periods for loads
Stay away!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARDecember 1, 2015
Worked for this company for 6 months around 2012. If you don't have a load by friday, might as well do your 34hr reset. All of the customers I delivered to required an empty trailer for a loaded one, I spent 9 of my driving hrs going form yard to yard looking for an empty trailer. Very disorganized, they gave me a list of missing trailers, paid you $100 if you found one. By the time dispatch got it right, i was out of driving time. CPM a joke. $250 a week after taxes and $150 of that money spent at truck stop for the weekend (NO LOAD). Had to go out of my route plenty of times to pick up a new driver at some state and drop him off in a different state because drivers would quit and abandoned tractor and trailer in the middle of nowhere (keys in the gas tank). Gave them my two week notice after my co-driver quit because we weren't getting miles. Dispatch told me to take tractor and trailer to San Antonio yard. Months later came to find out that PAM wrote on my DAC that I had crashed and abandoned tractor and trailer. I wasn't the only one they did this too. STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Plenty of sleep
Cons
Plenty of sleep
Good first trucking company.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 29, 2016
Provided CDL training, gives you good equipment to operate once done with training. Sends you everywhere, although I didn't get out to the west coast as much as I would have liked.

Overall I was very satisfied working there, would recommend.
Pros
Good Equipment
Cons
Sometimes you sit for days waiting on a load.
Great traveling job.
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJanuary 27, 2016
If you are looking to tour the united states PAM is the job to seek. This company has many offers like job training and sign on perks. The over the road just was not for me and many of times their promise to have you home dates are not fulfilled. The pay could be better too as far as the extended stay in the lodging is concerned.
Great way to start a career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARApril 13, 2016
The paid sponsorship program to get your CDL is unbeatable. All you have to do is drive OTR for a year and you can walk away with a Class A CDL for free!
good for starting
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARApril 11, 2015
im lookin for more time at home and pam cant give me that .. so designated routes or local routes are what i need.. for on the road expericace pam is good for anyone to start out with there benifits are great and they do try to hlp and work with the drivers ..
Its a good start
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Good start company If you don't have a life. If you have a wife, kids I wouldn't do this. your never home you live in ur truck
Large Compay
Truck Driver/Trainer (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARFebruary 16, 2015
Trained and then promoted to be a trainer for OTR travel. One and Two passengers driving. Only worked for 1 year because I was offered more money and better benefits.
Pros
provided the training i needed to secure position
Cons
low pay
Why
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 12, 2015
This was a company I would not work for ever again. That is all I have to say on the matter. It required more words sorry. The field is pretty annoying.
You are only a number with this company
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  arkJanuary 23, 2015
Underpaid, but a good starter Company...
I worked there for over 3 years and never received a raised..
DM's are good at getting my loads
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tonitown, ARNovember 9, 2015
Pam seems to have a good amount of freight and provides the miles I have always required and are very helpful when I call about any question or concerns
horrible home time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 23, 2015
bad home time and not enough pay. lots of sitting for days at a time. 25 bucks a day when youre not moving doesnt pay the bills
n/a
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARNovember 11, 2015
cant really say anything because i was always on the road so i never met anybody from the company other then my dispatcher that i spoke on the phone or qualcomm
Great starter company
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARSeptember 27, 2015
Over the runs vary to different locations and travel times. There are also dedicated runs available, if you are interested.
Good company with good benefits.
Lead Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJune 9, 2014
Decent company, but limited upward mobility. The company benefits package is probably better than most.

2.6