PAML Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place
Billing Customer Service Speacilist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 25, 2018
PAML was a great place to work, wonderful people, management and environment. I started as an intern then got hired as full time temp. I am leaving due to contract ending and company dissolved by being bought out.
Pros
Great working environment and co-workers
Cons
Company Buy Out
fun productive place to work
pathology associate medical laboritories (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 7, 2017
You never stop learning because there is so much to learn at this place. Fun people welcoming staff and great environment to be at. great place to choose if you are wanting to do phlebotomy work
Good place, bought by another company
Warehouse Receiver (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 11, 2017
PAML had caring managers, friendly coworkers, a good place. I thought it was a good place. It did get bought by another company and it is all changing now.
Cons
expensive work cafe
Paml
Intern and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy working at PAML this has been a great company. I have gained a great amount of knowlege to expand on. Paml gave me the opportunity to grow and use my skills I learned in school.
Medicare Billing Speclist
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 8, 2017
I would start work at 3 pm and would get together with management and found out what the project for the day was. Would research for missing and incorrect information, Would make sure that CPT and ICD codes where correct and re bill. Would research to see why a claim was coming back unpaid and correct. Would problem solver a lot through out my shift, Data Entry, The hardest part of the job was the hours held sometimes, but I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with.
Pros
Cons
Hours 3pm to 11pm
Sold us
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 15, 2017
They sold us to the worst lab company around labcorp. Jobs arent promissed anymore if. If you really need a job asap apply because they are hiring anyone because everyone is leaving. Great benefits unitl labcorp takes over
Pros
Emp paid health benefits and dental
good learning experience
Pre Claims (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 24, 2017
learned the coding of the ICD-10 and the different short cuts they use to allow to do your job more easily. Enjoyed the learning experience I was allowed to have.
poor
Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 19, 2017
terrible place, horrible, badly behaved supervisors and employees no oversight, bad culture..... no one is monitoring their employees. cetain individuals are completely allowed to do what they want
Pros
Cons
all
patient interaction
MA-Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 11, 2017
Collecting specimen daily from different living facilities.
Centrifuge specimen to assure results are no erroneous
Returning specimen to lab on time for processing and shipping.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
geriatric population
Productive and clean atmospher
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAMarch 16, 2017
I trained under a high trained phlebotomist who taught me new skills perfecting my phlebotomy skills. Work place was clean and patients were friendly.
Not surprised it's being bought out...
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2017
I worked for this company for almost three years and watched as it slowly tanked. Favoritism, micro-management, incompetency and unprofessionalism are just a few of the many issues wrong with this place. People were bullied by managers, supervisors and trainers to the point that why would quit or take lower paying jobs. Not to mention, the supervisors never helped out when short staffed. Errors were incorrectly recorded. Specimens went missing on a daily basis. There was no barrier between the specimen processing area and the lunch room. PPE was not worn properly. The processing space was far too small. Processes changed on a daily basis and training was nearly impossible due to the intellectual level of the employees hired. Which is a problem because as a healthcare professional, it is your job to take care of the patient as if they are your own family member. Ethics did not exist once you entered the doors to this establishment. This was by far one of the worst places I've ever worked and I would not recommend it to a friend if my life depended on it. Like I said above, I'm not surprised it's being bought out. Hopefully LabCorp will make some much needed changes to management and the overall structure.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short/no lunches, unfriendly staff and management, unethical
Driven
Billing Support Specialist & Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 6, 2017
I loved my job on the Billing Support team, however, I believe it was a unique dynamic and very driven for success. Other teams didn't always team to work as well together. I learned so much from my team leaders and was well cared for as a person and I felt heard. I moved away otherwise I would love to still be working for PAML.
Pros
Coffee and Cafeteria on the premises, Great coworkers
Cons
I bit overloaded on work, need either more people or more technology
Good company, until CEO sold out
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 23, 2017
CEO sold PAML to put more money in his pocket, no longer a good place to work. Time for me to find a new job. If you want to have better knowledge of the medical field this is a good entry level job.
A good starting place
IT Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 19, 2017
PAML was a good place to start a career in IT, or even the medical/lab industry. I learned a lot through the years of what it takes in IT as well as the lab as a whole. There are many rules to learn, and many guidelines to follow to make sure that all efforts are made to work in a safe and secure environment.
Pros
work experience that you can put on a resume, and people that sometimes feel like family around you
Cons
outdated systems, some employee laziness
Supportive
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for PAML, they were supportive when I had to take time off for surgery and accommodated needs following surgery. The most challenging part was transitioning to ICD-10 codes. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere. I was able to stay busy while not being overwhelmed. Anytime there was an overload of work, we worked together to complete it.
Pros
convenient lunches and great co-workers
Cons
difficult to advance in pay
Nice people willing to help and very wonderful place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2016
I learned a lot at PAML and evryone one there was so willing to teach me the ropes, I felt like I fit right in. My co-workers where amazing and always willing to lend a hand.
Pros
they had a little cafe
Cons
none really
worst. ever
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2016
if the nurses and phlebs that work for us and other offices could get it together so we didn't have to call and tell them they screwed up,m it wouldn't have been so bad. getting blamed for things you had no part in is not helpful. but then again we screw up almost as much as they do ordering the wrong tests or drawing the wrong samples.
Pros
decent $
Cons
wanting to keep your soul.
PAML is a great place to work and safe place to work
Data Entry/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 22, 2016
It is a Great Experience and have learned many things about Billing and many more about how to work in team and be a successful co-worker. Thank God I was selected one in the Billing Department. PAML is a great place to work and safe place too. Leadership are amazing and helpful co-operative to everyone. Thank you
I presently work here
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 7, 2016
Be able learn the job without structured training.
Be prepared to start taking calls fast.
Be prepared to not know everything right away.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
It helps to know medical terminology.
It helps to have medical background.
Like talking on the phone.
Be willing to work different hours they are open 24 hours,
I enjoy my position
Billing Diagnosis Coder (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoy my job and love my new management and team, it is a great place to work as long as you get on a great team. There is some management that is not as helpful or encouraging as other management. I love my newest co-workers and the job is a challenge which I enjoy. I learn new things every day which is a huge plus, the hardest part of the job is every month end when we are in a crunch to get all of the work finished so new lists can be printed out. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come in, sit down, know what I am doing and what is expected, putting in my headphones and working.
Pros
great management, great people, decent compensation.
Cons
some not so good management, terrible benefits for medical/dental choices