PAML

PAML Employee Reviews

No, just say "no." Find another job unless you like working in a " High school cheerleader" state of mind.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Spokane, WAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Pot lucks once in a while, PTO, benefits.
Cons: High stress, poor management, constant harassment.
High stress environment with lack of management support. Harassment for call volumes and case loads. Condescending manager and Supervisors who hide from their duties while having little chat parties in the manager's office. Beginning stages of age discrimination as older employees are written up for the same things the younger reps also do without consequence. Favoritism runs high in this department and there are only a handful of employees taking the majority of calls. My advice is don't work here, move on and try another company. No compassion for employees with families, and better find another way to take care of your personal life, because you're not allowed to have one if you work here. ( although the rules are different for management and their favorites.)
New CEO is destroying this company and no surprise if there is a buy out in the near future.
Productive place to work for
PATIENT SERVICES CENTER PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAApril 20, 2015
Colleagues are very helpful and informative, patients are great as well. Learning the laboratory part of the medical field has been quite fascinating
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), SpokaneMarch 26, 2015
Pros: A happy place to work
Cons: It was a temp job
I started learning about the insurance world. Learned the ins and outs about insurance payments, customer service, and what to look for in a denial claim.
Poor representation
former employee (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short to no break, not enough staff, gossip, no representation from management, favoritism
No life outside of work, high gossip, favoritism, short to no break time, not enough staff. If I knew my life would have been turned inside out working here I would have never accepted a job with this company!
Like the atmosphere of the work place and the fact all the co-workers got along with each other very well.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
Pros: recognition of the employees work efforts were acknowledged at monthly meetings
Cons: lunch hour was too short.
Overall I enjoyed the people and the work variation at this job. Co-workers helped each other out when needed and worked to cover each other in emergency situations of one another.
phlebotomist
Temp phebotomy tech (Former Employee), colorado springsJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: over looking dedicated workers
I worked for this company as a temp from a temp agency. For about 7 months and worked every day at different sights for them, where ever they needed me. Then I applied to some open phlebotomy positions they had while working temp for them. I kept seeing new hires come in and they even had me help train their new hires and never even gave me a position after all that. I was even told by one of their employees that they did not hire me because they didn't want to pay the temp agency to end the temp contract. I took that to be understanding but I have applied with them twice even after no longer being with the temp agency and they even remember all the times I helped them when I was temp for them. All I got is a remember. After 15 years in this field I have never had a company act like it's ok to work Temps to the core and then toss them to the wolf's when applying for open positions. They should really appriaciate those who help their short staff and give them opportunities to work as a team member employee. Exspecially those Temps who did everything to help them in keeping patient care going with respect and hospitality.
Good, Solid work
IT (Current Employee), Iron BridgeOctober 28, 2014
Pros: good, solid job.
Cons: only temp work offered.
I work for much less than my last job, but my last job was in a larger city, so go figure. The people I work for are great and are expert at what they do, though I feel too much drama is stirred up from upstairs, and you-know-what flows downhill. Overall, it is a good company.
littler interaction kept at desk
Data Entry/Billing (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: paid for lunch time
Cons: little or no interaction with fellow worker.
8 hours of sitting at a computer. little inter action with others
Good place for job
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2014
Driving company car coming for performing blood draw at nursing facilities starting at 5:00 am and delivering samples to laboratory for processing.
Hardest part of job is driving car with no any driving violations
Most enjoyable part of the job is performing of draw blood.
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 3, 2014
I really enjoyed working for PAML and I had a great boss.The people I worked with were friendly and the patients were kind.
Paml rated in the top 100 best places to work.
Western WA. LTC Supervisor (Former Employee), Olympia, WAApril 4, 2014
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: down sizing
With in the 5 yrs. employed with Paml the company rated within the top 100 employers due to the excellent service they provide.
AWEFUL
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2014
Horrible company that lies and changes policy and doesn't tell you.
People
IT Project Manager/Analyst (Current Employee), Spokane WAFebruary 19, 2014
PAML fosters an environment of hard working and forward thinking collaboration which creates innovative ideas and agile project management in order to deliver solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations in order achieve business needs.
Fast past- fun office
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist Processor (Current Employee), coloradoJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: insurance
Draw 20-30 Patients a day.
Fun fast past
Grate people to work with from Dr's to Ma's
It was alright
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Ashland, ORJanuary 1, 2014
It was a nice company to work for. The main lab is baased in Spokane, very organized
IT department is in transition
IT worker (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 12, 2013
Pros: telecommuting, benefits, 'feel-good' activities
Cons: very un-focused it department
PAML is in transition from a regional lab to trying to play on the national stage. Their IT infrastructure is currently a hodge-podge of customized vendor products and home-grown applications, mostly used to try and bridge the gap between vendor tools. Most projects I worked on were cancelled or put off for a couple years. They seem to charge full-steam down a path only to be distracted by the next Big Thing (...squirrel!). Part of the issue is medical software is still very segmented, proprietary and in flux.

Benefits are ok, for the Spokane area. IT tried to make employees feel good with monthly communications and recognition. If this company was in Seattle, they wouldn't be able to keep folks for more than a couple months. But, job choices are limited in Spokane. Telecommuting was permitted a couple days a week.
Very good place to work
Lead Courier (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 14, 2013
very well organized. this place have good people with good ethics.
don't expect to see your family!
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2013
Although it is a guaranteed job with plenty of overtime don't expect to see your family much. Long hours, little pay. HIGH TURNOVER!
Fast growing company in a great area
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: formerly stable and growing environment
Cons: management change
Hard working culture that was really enjoyable in long, successful growth period. Direction has changed with new CEO.
Great company to work for
Toxicology Accessioner (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 11, 2013
Everyone was very helpful and nice. They always had fun events and parties for the employees. Management was great.

About PAML

Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories (PAML) is heading for the high road as a leading independent laboratory services provider – Read more