PAML Employee Reviews

"Christian" Company in Words Only
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  IronbridgeJuly 1, 2015
PAML is a terrible place to work. Management has cut staff by so much that every position now has the work of 3-4 people.
Their mission statement is:
"As people of Providence and CHI,
we reveal God’s love for all,
especially the poor and vulnerable,
through our compassionate service"

The words are pretty but the reality is that their attitude is their employees are a dime-a-dozen and can be replaced easily.

The pay is horrendous. The benefits are close to non-existent. If an employee wants to put their children or spouse on the medical and/or dental plan, their paycheck will be almost non-existent. Many employees are on state aid because the pay is so low they still qualify for Medicaid and food stamps.

PAML writes up employees for calling in sick. An employee can call in sick 4 times in a year, after that their job is in jeopardy.

Work atmosphere is like preschool or elementary school. Employees are rewarded with cookies and cards made of construction paper. When a team does extra good they get to wear jeans for a day without paying the mandatory $3.00 fee.

Employees are strong encouraged to "donate" money to PAML's chosen charities. PAML chooses the charity and on a given day requests that employees donate money to PAML chosen charity, the employee in return gets to wear jeans.

PAML is not a good employer. They truly do not care about their employees. The long-time employees who have worked there for years and are on the old wage scale have it pretty good; they are very secure in their jobs. The new hires are the proverbial gum that management
  more... picks off their shoes.  less
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, too much work, terrible pay, childish work environment
No, just say "no." Find another job unless you like working in a " High school cheerleader" state of mind.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 29, 2015
High stress environment with lack of management support. Harassment for call volumes and case loads. Condescending manager and Supervisors who hide from their duties while having little chat parties in the manager's office. Beginning stages of age discrimination as older employees are written up for the same things the younger reps also do without consequence. Favoritism runs high in this department and there are only a handful of employees taking the majority of calls. My advice is don't work here, move on and try another company. No compassion for employees with families, and better find another way to take care of your personal life, because you're not allowed to have one if you work here. ( although the rules are different for management and their favorites.)
New CEO is destroying this company and no surprise if there is a buy out in the near future.
Pros
Pot lucks once in a while, PTO, benefits.
Cons
High stress, poor management, constant harassment.
Productive place to work for
PATIENT SERVICES CENTER PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 20, 2015
Colleagues are very helpful and informative, patients are great as well. Learning the laboratory part of the medical field has been quite fascinating
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SpokaneMarch 26, 2015
I started learning about the insurance world. Learned the ins and outs about insurance payments, customer service, and what to look for in a denial claim.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
It was a temp job
Poor representation
former employee (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
No life outside of work, high gossip, favoritism, short to no break time, not enough staff. If I knew my life would have been turned inside out working here I would have never accepted a job with this company!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short to no break, not enough staff, gossip, no representation from management, favoritism
Like the atmosphere of the work place and the fact all the co-workers got along with each other very well.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people and the work variation at this job. Co-workers helped each other out when needed and worked to cover each other in emergency situations of one another.
Pros
recognition of the employees work efforts were acknowledged at monthly meetings
Cons
lunch hour was too short.
phlebotomist
Temp phebotomy tech (Former Employee) –  colorado springsJanuary 20, 2015
I worked for this company as a temp from a temp agency. For about 7 months and worked every day at different sights for them, where ever they needed me. Then I applied to some open phlebotomy positions they had while working temp for them. I kept seeing new hires come in and they even had me help train their new hires and never even gave me a position after all that. I was even told by one of their employees that they did not hire me because they didn't want to pay the temp agency to end the temp contract. I took that to be understanding but I have applied with them twice even after no longer being with the temp agency and they even remember all the times I helped them when I was temp for them. All I got is a remember. After 15 years in this field I have never had a company act like it's ok to work Temps to the core and then toss them to the wolf's when applying for open positions. They should really appriaciate those who help their short staff and give them opportunities to work as a team member employee. Exspecially those Temps who did everything to help them in keeping patient care going with respect and hospitality.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
over looking dedicated workers
Good, Solid work
IT (Current Employee) –  Iron BridgeOctober 28, 2014
I work for much less than my last job, but my last job was in a larger city, so go figure. The people I work for are great and are expert at what they do, though I feel too much drama is stirred up from upstairs, and you-know-what flows downhill. Overall, it is a good company.
Pros
good, solid job.
Cons
only temp work offered.
littler interaction kept at desk
Data Entry/Billing (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 8, 2014
8 hours of sitting at a computer. little inter action with others
Pros
paid for lunch time
Cons
little or no interaction with fellow worker.
Good place for job
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2014
Driving company car coming for performing blood draw at nursing facilities starting at 5:00 am and delivering samples to laboratory for processing.
Hardest part of job is driving car with no any driving violations
Most enjoyable part of the job is performing of draw blood.

Want to know more about PAML?

Ask a question
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 3, 2014
I really enjoyed working for PAML and I had a great boss.The people I worked with were friendly and the patients were kind.
Paml rated in the top 100 best places to work.
Western WA. LTC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 4, 2014
With in the 5 yrs. employed with Paml the company rated within the top 100 employers due to the excellent service they provide.
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
down sizing
AWEFUL
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2014
Horrible company that lies and changes policy and doesn't tell you.
People
IT Project Manager/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Spokane WAFebruary 19, 2014
PAML fosters an environment of hard working and forward thinking collaboration which creates innovative ideas and agile project management in order to deliver solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations in order achieve business needs.
Fast past- fun office
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist Processor (Current Employee) –  coloradoJanuary 23, 2014
Draw 20-30 Patients a day.
Fun fast past
Grate people to work with from Dr's to Ma's
Pros
free lunch
Cons
insurance
It was alright
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORJanuary 1, 2014
It was a nice company to work for. The main lab is baased in Spokane, very organized
IT department is in transition
IT worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 12, 2013
PAML is in transition from a regional lab to trying to play on the national stage. Their IT infrastructure is currently a hodge-podge of customized vendor products and home-grown applications, mostly used to try and bridge the gap between vendor tools. Most projects I worked on were cancelled or put off for a couple years. They seem to charge full-steam down a path only to be distracted by the next Big Thing (...squirrel!). Part of the issue is medical software is still very segmented, proprietary and in flux.

Benefits are ok, for the Spokane area. IT tried to make employees feel good with monthly communications and recognition. If this company was in Seattle, they wouldn't be able to keep folks for more than a couple months. But, job choices are limited in Spokane. Telecommuting was permitted a couple days a week.
Pros
telecommuting, benefits, 'feel-good' activities
Cons
very un-focused it department
Very good place to work
Lead Courier (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 14, 2013
very well organized. this place have good people with good ethics.
don't expect to see your family!
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2013
Although it is a guaranteed job with plenty of overtime don't expect to see your family much. Long hours, little pay. HIGH TURNOVER!
Fast growing company in a great area
Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 12, 2013
Hard working culture that was really enjoyable in long, successful growth period. Direction has changed with new CEO.
Pros
formerly stable and growing environment
Cons
management change