PAML Employee Reviews

Productive and clean atmospher
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAMarch 16, 2017
I trained under a high trained phlebotomist who taught me new skills perfecting my phlebotomy skills. Work place was clean and patients were friendly.
Not surprised it's being bought out...
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 7, 2017
I worked for this company for almost three years and watched as it slowly tanked. Favoritism, micro-management, incompetency and unprofessionalism are just a few of the many issues wrong with this place. People were bullied by managers, supervisors and trainers to the point that why would quit or take lower paying jobs. Not to mention, the supervisors never helped out when short staffed. Errors were incorrectly recorded. Specimens went missing on a daily basis. There was no barrier between the specimen processing area and the lunch room. PPE was not worn properly. The processing space was far too small. Processes changed on a daily basis and training was nearly impossible due to the intellectual level of the employees hired. Which is a problem because as a healthcare professional, it is your job to take care of the patient as if they are your own family member. Ethics did not exist once you entered the doors to this establishment. This was by far one of the worst places I've ever worked and I would not recommend it to a friend if my life depended on it. Like I said above, I'm not surprised it's being bought out. Hopefully LabCorp will make some much needed changes to management and the overall structure.
Pros
N/A
Cons
short/no lunches, unfriendly staff and management, unethical
Good company, until CEO sold out
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 23, 2017
CEO sold PAML to put more money in his pocket, no longer a good place to work. Time for me to find a new job. If you want to have better knowledge of the medical field this is a good entry level job.
A good starting place
IT Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 19, 2017
PAML was a good place to start a career in IT, or even the medical/lab industry. I learned a lot through the years of what it takes in IT as well as the lab as a whole. There are many rules to learn, and many guidelines to follow to make sure that all efforts are made to work in a safe and secure environment.
Pros
work experience that you can put on a resume, and people that sometimes feel like family around you
Cons
outdated systems, some employee laziness
Supportive
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for PAML, they were supportive when I had to take time off for surgery and accommodated needs following surgery. The most challenging part was transitioning to ICD-10 codes. I enjoyed the people and the atmosphere. I was able to stay busy while not being overwhelmed. Anytime there was an overload of work, we worked together to complete it.
Pros
convenient lunches and great co-workers
Cons
difficult to advance in pay
Nice people willing to help and very wonderful place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2016
I learned a lot at PAML and evryone one there was so willing to teach me the ropes, I felt like I fit right in. My co-workers where amazing and always willing to lend a hand.
Pros
they had a little cafe
Cons
none really
worst. ever
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2016
if the nurses and phlebs that work for us and other offices could get it together so we didn't have to call and tell them they screwed up,m it wouldn't have been so bad. getting blamed for things you had no part in is not helpful. but then again we screw up almost as much as they do ordering the wrong tests or drawing the wrong samples.
Pros
decent $
Cons
wanting to keep your soul.
PAML is a great place to work and safe place to work
Data Entry/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 22, 2016
It is a Great Experience and have learned many things about Billing and many more about how to work in team and be a successful co-worker. Thank God I was selected one in the Billing Department. PAML is a great place to work and safe place too. Leadership are amazing and helpful co-operative to everyone. Thank you
I presently work here
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 7, 2016
Be able learn the job without structured training.
Be prepared to start taking calls fast.
Be prepared to not know everything right away.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
It helps to know medical terminology.
It helps to have medical background.
Like talking on the phone.
Be willing to work different hours they are open 24 hours,
I enjoy my position
Billing Diagnosis Coder (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoy my job and love my new management and team, it is a great place to work as long as you get on a great team. There is some management that is not as helpful or encouraging as other management. I love my newest co-workers and the job is a challenge which I enjoy. I learn new things every day which is a huge plus, the hardest part of the job is every month end when we are in a crunch to get all of the work finished so new lists can be printed out. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come in, sit down, know what I am doing and what is expected, putting in my headphones and working.
Pros
great management, great people, decent compensation.
Cons
some not so good management, terrible benefits for medical/dental choices
No good
nope (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 4, 2016
I worked at this company a few years and going.
Managers, If i knew more about this company way back when i was hired i would just me being blunt wall out the door and never return.
"Christian" Company in Words Only
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  IronbridgeJuly 1, 2015
PAML is a terrible place to work. Management has cut staff by so much that every position now has the work of 3-4 people.
Their mission statement is:
"As people of Providence and CHI,
we reveal God’s love for all,
especially the poor and vulnerable,
through our compassionate service"

The words are pretty but the reality is that their attitude is their employees are a dime-a-dozen and can be replaced easily.

The pay is horrendous. The benefits are close to non-existent. If an employee wants to put their children or spouse on the medical and/or dental plan, their paycheck will be almost non-existent. Many employees are on state aid because the pay is so low they still qualify for Medicaid and food stamps.

PAML writes up employees for calling in sick. An employee can call in sick 4 times in a year, after that their job is in jeopardy.

Work atmosphere is like preschool or elementary school. Employees are rewarded with cookies and cards made of construction paper. When a team does extra good they get to wear jeans for a day without paying the mandatory $3.00 fee.

Employees are strong encouraged to "donate" money to PAML's chosen charities. PAML chooses the charity and on a given day requests that employees donate money to PAML chosen charity, the employee in return gets to wear jeans.

PAML is not a good employer. They truly do not care about their employees. The long-time employees who have worked there for years and are on the old wage scale have it pretty good; they are very secure in their jobs. The new hires are the proverbial gum that management
  more... picks off their shoes.  less
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, too much work, terrible pay, childish work environment
No, just say "no." Find another job unless you like working in a " High school cheerleader" state of mind.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 29, 2015
High stress environment with lack of management support. Harassment for call volumes and case loads. Condescending manager and Supervisors who hide from their duties while having little chat parties in the manager's office. Beginning stages of age discrimination as older employees are written up for the same things the younger reps also do without consequence. Favoritism runs high in this department and there are only a handful of employees taking the majority of calls. My advice is don't work here, move on and try another company. No compassion for employees with families, and better find another way to take care of your personal life, because you're not allowed to have one if you work here. ( although the rules are different for management and their favorites.)
New CEO is destroying this company and no surprise if there is a buy out in the near future.
Pros
Pot lucks once in a while, PTO, benefits.
Cons
High stress, poor management, constant harassment.
Productive place to work for
PATIENT SERVICES CENTER PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 20, 2015
Colleagues are very helpful and informative, patients are great as well. Learning the laboratory part of the medical field has been quite fascinating
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  SpokaneMarch 26, 2015
I started learning about the insurance world. Learned the ins and outs about insurance payments, customer service, and what to look for in a denial claim.
Pros
A happy place to work
Cons
It was a temp job
Poor representation
former employee (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
No life outside of work, high gossip, favoritism, short to no break time, not enough staff. If I knew my life would have been turned inside out working here I would have never accepted a job with this company!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short to no break, not enough staff, gossip, no representation from management, favoritism
Like the atmosphere of the work place and the fact all the co-workers got along with each other very well.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people and the work variation at this job. Co-workers helped each other out when needed and worked to cover each other in emergency situations of one another.
Pros
Recognition of the employees work efforts were acknowledged at monthly meetings
Cons
lunch hour was too short.
phlebotomist
Temp phebotomy tech (Former Employee) –  colorado springsJanuary 20, 2015
I worked for this company as a temp from a temp agency. For about 7 months and worked every day at different sights for them, where ever they needed me. Then I applied to some open phlebotomy positions they had while working temp for them. I kept seeing new hires come in and they even had me help train their new hires and never even gave me a position after all that. I was even told by one of their employees that they did not hire me because they didn't want to pay the temp agency to end the temp contract. I took that to be understanding but I have applied with them twice even after no longer being with the temp agency and they even remember all the times I helped them when I was temp for them. All I got is a remember. After 15 years in this field I have never had a company act like it's ok to work Temps to the core and then toss them to the wolf's when applying for open positions. They should really appriaciate those who help their short staff and give them opportunities to work as a team member employee. Exspecially those Temps who did everything to help them in keeping patient care going with respect and hospitality.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
over looking dedicated workers
Good, Solid work
IT (Current Employee) –  Iron BridgeOctober 28, 2014
I work for much less than my last job, but my last job was in a larger city, so go figure. The people I work for are great and are expert at what they do, though I feel too much drama is stirred up from upstairs, and you-know-what flows downhill. Overall, it is a good company.
Pros
Good, solid job.
Cons
Only temp work offered.
littler interaction kept at desk
Data Entry/Billing (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 8, 2014
8 hours of sitting at a computer. little inter action with others
Pros
paid for lunch time
Cons
little or no interaction with fellow worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAML. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9