Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

Use to be a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Over the last 5 years the company has been run into the ground. Solution Center Management are a bunch of egomaniacs that are heartless shady human beings who don't have a clue on how to run a call center. Call Center metrics constantly changing due to not having enough staff and high turn over. Department morale is extremely low and in need of new strategy to keep good loyal employees who will not be scared to come to work every day.
Pros
coworkers, nice modern workplace, benifits
Cons
horrible management
Great company to work for!
Pampered Chef Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 2, 2016
The great thing about being a Pampered Chef Consultant is the ability to work when you want to...you are in control of when you want to do your shows and how many shows you want to do a month. Your flexible schedule allows you to still be there for the family!
Pros
You get to see the new products that come out before everyone else does!
Cons
I loved the products so much that I kept buying more every-time I got paid!
Enjoy working with people and fellow employees. I am a people person.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 17, 2016
I worked at a call center doing customer service. I was on the phone all day helping consultants resolve problems on the customers' orders and adjustments. We worked as a team with my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was their timing of our calls and trying to satisfy the customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my day was dealing with the people I work with and the consultants.
Pros
Free lunches or BBQ's
Cons
Timing on satisfying the customer calls being very limited.
Productive work space with Competitive environment
Sr. ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 22, 2016
Pampered Chef, Ltd. is a global multi-level marketing company that offers a line of kitchen tools, food products, and cookbooks for preparing food in the home and gardening tools. It has a worldwide direct sales force of about 50,000 in addition to 500 corporate staff. This project is Creating EDW Using Informatica as ETL.
Pampered Chef
One Pampered Chef Lane (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILOctober 29, 2016
This was alot of fun with quite of bit of time and work required. I however moved and found it difficult to start over. I did love all the kitchen gadgets i earned.
A job to teach working indepentantly
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 5, 2016
A typical day would include working on advertisement, booking shows/parties, selling and delivering products. You are your own boss but have others you can turn to if any help is needed. Easy company to work for and you set your own schedule. The hardest part of the job included the marketing and the most enjoyable part is meeting new people to make your business grow.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
growing customer relations
Workplace Summary
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 22, 2016
A great place to work, with helpful and friendly coworkers and competent, approachable managers. I can't say enough good things about Pampered Chef. If you have a chance to work there, by all means do.
Cons
Long commute, lack of public transportation
Great opportunity for a work-from-home job.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 17, 2015
Pampered Chef is a fun company to work with and as an independent sales associate you have a wide variety of duties. My favorite part was giving in-home product and recipe demonstrations. I liked that I was able to have a flexible schedule, incorporating fun and friendship into my work world. There was also the opportunity to use industry-specific software to process orders, track shipping and keep records of my clients, among other things. I would recommend this company to any mom who needs an extra income, yet still needs to devote a significant amount of time to her family.
Pros
Fun, flexible schedule, you can work as much or as little as you want
Cons
Much of your work is done in the evenings
Warranties are not "LIFETIME" on "ALL PRODUCTS" buyer beware!!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clintondale, NYMarch 11, 2015
I was a consultant for this company years ago. When I was "recruited" I was told ALL items had a "LIFETIME" replacement guarantee. All these years later when my items are not working and I researched how to get a replacement I am finding out that only certain items have the "LIFETIME" warranty. I am ANGRY! I sold this stuff to my friends & family!! Are they having problems with the product? I am mortified that I was a representative for this company! READ THE FINE PRINT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!! IS IT REALLY WORTH THE MONEY? NOT!
Pros
Cons
Not worth the price. Warranty deceptive.
Worked from home.
Pampered Chef Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 24, 2015
I had to make phone calls to people to see if they would like to have a party. I learned it was hard to get people to just have a party. I did the work all they had to do was invite people. The hardest part was getting the customers to have parties... The most enjoyable thing was I was able to raise my daughter.
Pros
Be home making money
Cons
hard to get the parties.
Pampered Chef has much to offer a self-starter
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 3, 2014
I have used Pampered Chef products for more than 15 years, so it seemed like a good fit when I found myself suddenly laid off. As a sales consultant, the directors and company give you many tools to be successful in sales and recruiting. Developing a business takes time, which once I started teaching again full time, I lacked. After a full day on my feet, I did not have the drive to go out and do demonstrations of cookware. This has little to do with the company, but more of a reflection of my life choices and priorities.
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Late nights
I started as a Sales Consultant
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2012
I started with Pampered Chef as a sales consultant so that I could buy and earn products for my home at a discounted price. I enjoyed it so much that I worked my up in just one year to be a Director. It was the most awesome experience I have ever seen. They treat you like royalty. I had so much fun. This is something I would do again once I retired just to have something to do and to earn a little extra fun money.
Pros
the honors given from the company
Cons
the demands on the amount of sales.
Fun and rewarding way to meet and be with people.
Pampered Chef Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCDecember 26, 2012
I did this for extra money for my growing family. I would do home shows detailing the use of kitchen pampered chef tools. I learned something new every time to show and demonstrate to customers. I liked this job because it felt like I was visiting with friends. I worked with my hostesses to help them obtain the largest in sales to get them the most free products possible. I encouraged them as I would a patient. I kept working as a nurse on the weekends and doing shows through the week. When my third child arrived I had to give this up because my love for nursing was stronger.
Independent Sales Consultant - In Home Demonstrations
DIRECT SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2013
The good thing about this self-employment opportunity is that there was never a typical day. Sales are driven by in-home demonstrations held by various "hostesses" who welcome the consultant and guests into their homes.

While the job is not difficult in the least, one must be honest and consistent in his/her work ethic to be successful.
Pros
self-employed, meeting people.
Cons
product is cumbersome to load and unload in and out of the homes.
Organized fun job!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randleman areaApril 23, 2013
With this job I made my own schedule. A typical day was finding someone to host a party to sell products and then planning that party. I planned and practiced demonstrations with the cooking products, and organized the paperwork and order forms. I didn't have many co-workers; we just had a optional monthly meeting of consultants. The hardest part of the job was finding new people to sell too. Overall the job was fun.
Pros
i got to buy products at a discount.
Cons
finding new people to sell to.
You are your own boss selling their product, so you are able to do it when it is convenient for you.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southern New JerseyFebruary 14, 2012
If you like kitchen products, if you like to be in front of people and if you are competitive, this company is for you. They do run prizes for their consultants which do include trips. Plus you get to purchase their products for less than your customers.
Pros
you are your own boss, work when you can, have the ability to win prizes, raise your income.
Cons
if you don't work it it won't work for you
Introducing quality products to consumers and recruting other consultants was something I enjoyed and excelled at.
Sales Consultant & Advanced Director (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 15, 2013
Directing and facilitating sales and sales consultants to promote quality products. Required commitment to details to drive sales and expansion of territory. Responsible for conducting sales meetings, newsletters and follow up with down line of sales consultants.
Great job for a stay at home mom
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  In the fieldJuly 24, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of contacting people, booking shows, preparing for shows, doing shows, customer service, taking orders and payments, entering information into the computer, closing shows, making sure orders were received by clients, keeping utensils sanitary, cooking for others, being organized. I learned how to run my own business from start to finish, management and co-workers were very helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job was cold calling people and the most enjoyable part of the job was personally helping people individually at the end of the show with their questions and putting their orders together.
Pros
Could organize and schedule my job around my life
Cons
Is not really in my career path, salary was up and down depending on shows and purchases.
Great Products!
Direct Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2012
I devote 5 hours a day to scheduled work from phone calls such as customer care calls/product replacements/new leads and potential recruits.
I have learned how to build lasting relationships with customers to clients and organizational skills and balancing home life along with my career.
I have built a team of exceptional women that share the same goals as me and I enjoy our team meetings to help build more sucessful businesses.
The hardest part is working on weekends and nights. It has become difficult for me because I have a family and that takes time away from being with them, which is why I am looking for the M-F 8-5 Job. The most enjoyable aspect of my business is meeting new people and selling a product that I firmly believe in.
Pros
bonuses in free product and vacation trips.
Cons
working weekends and nights
I am my own boss and work my own hours
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TnJanuary 19, 2013
I just have to keep in contact with my customers and meet their needs as their consultant. I have learned to cook. I am my own manager so it has it benefits. The hardest part is booking parties and staying motivated. Meeting new people is the best part of the job for sure.
Pros
i am my own boss, i pick my hours
Cons
if parties aren't booked i make no money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pampered Chef. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3