Panasonic Avionics Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive and always on the go
MSR (Maintenance Service Representative) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2017
I enjoyed working here because it was always something different as far as tasks, it made it more exciting to come to work. Even though it is very intense the people you work with make it worth your shift. I believe that the best part of the job is when we get together and help each other out to get the job done.
Good to start, but not to end
Software Configuration Management (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 15, 2017
PAC is a good starting place for young people, but the culture gets very political. Management is all over the place, but there are some good ones. There are a lot of departments at the company, which is good for opportunities, but every team dislikes each other.
Good starting pay with 3 day weekends. Very little advancement and horrible training.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 14, 2017
Panasonic avionics overall I would say is a great company. The repair shop on the other hand is a different story. The training for new employees is non existent as well opportunity for advancement unless you apply for a different department.

The benefits and work life balance are overall pretty good, you get great medical and dental insurance as well as work four, ten hour shifts (sun-wed, wed-sat).

Management is constantly grasping at straws to stay afloat and will often implement mandatory overtime.

The CEO, CFO, COO all had to step down on corruption charges, I fear for the future of the company in the years to come.
Pros
Free coffee, great healthcare, 3 day weekends, good starting wage
Cons
no advancement, lack of instruction, only two holidays off a year, poor management.
Very nice company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 13, 2017
I am currently working as a Software Engineer at Panasonic Avionics Corporation. My responsibilities include writing code in javascript. I use AngularJS for front end and have knowledge on NodeJS to be used for writing the Rest API calls. Apart from this, I have been awarded and appreciated, along with the entire team for the project that I worked on for the Tech Crunch held in San Francisco.
The leader in In-flight Entertainment
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 23, 2017
I have had the privilege of working for a company that holds 75% of the market share. I love program management and customer interaction. I highly recommend working for Panasonic.
Great place to work just a little far.
Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 23, 2017
This place was fantastic to work they would give you everything benefits and job security. On a day to day i had to program in SQL server it was fun I didn't like it to much I was always trying to change to another department but I was never allowed. After a few years working there I have decided that apart from being like 3-4 hours away I would prefer to work closer and make more money too
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
To Far and could never change jobs
Incredible workload
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 22, 2017
Lots of work, can't socialize
There is a lot to learn, always changing
Workplace culture, must be independent
Most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge, it's every single day
Pros
Great people
Cons
Top heavy management
Japanese owned bee hive
Counterbalance Forklift Trainer for site location (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 21, 2017
The company is owned by a Hugh conglomerate in Japan. We are the most profitable devision and yet are paid the least compared to the location in Osaka and Irvine, Call.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
high turnover everywhere, micromanaging to much
Good place to work for
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 20, 2017
Worked for almost an year here. It has a perfect work life balance. People are always ready to help. It definitely is competitive and we do have a lot of challenges to face. Provides a continuous growth for its employee.
Decent company to work for
FINANCE MANAGER - FP&A (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 5, 2017
Company has strong systems in place and a good structure where resources are well balances. Recognition is doled out sparingly but there is a strong career path here.
Pros
Knowledgable management
Cons
strong processes
Good company to be a part of in terms of inflight entertainment status.
Maintenance Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 11, 2017
Great company to be a part of as far as the inflight entertainment industry goes. Competitive pay, benefits, etc.. The hardest part was the shift schedule and 5 day work week. There was no time to spend with my family. The aviation industry schedules are tough and I understood that going into my position. There are also compromises, adjustments and or incentives if valuable employees are to be retained while working on a crummy shift. I have been the entry level person, the mid level person, and the manager of teams so I have an understanding of what works. There was zero consideration of proposals from the leadership team on schedules that would provide a better work/ life balance for team members. There were attendance problems with several team members and the contributing cause without a doubt was the short turnaround from the weekend to the work week. Management response to the attendance issue was that the employees can go work somewhere else if they don't like it there. It was a disappointing experience to hear those remarks often.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work / Life balance not possible.
Not for the faint of heart
Shop Repair Tech IV (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 6, 2017
Work place will challenge your individual capability and test you. To me it was easy and a fun place to work. However, there are times you will feel you are unfairly compensated for the work you do. Too many bosses, too much assignment.
I have enjoyed my years with the company but a good fresh place to explore will be much appreciated.
Pros
typical
Cons
typical
Serious, but willing to teach you. They pay well.
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 28, 2017
It's a strait-laced, serious work environment, but they are willing to teach you. They pay well. You will have chances to hone your presentation skills.
Pros
Good Pay. Chances to work at interesting ad hoc projects.
Cons
Long Hours. Humorless culture.
Great large company
Mission Control NOC Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 20, 2017
A great company with excellent benefits and close to home. I can only speak for my department MCC which is absolutely managed poorly. Wasteful in human resource and individual talent. Nepotism, favoritism and inexperienced managers. Tribal environment. Its who you know with. Bad hiring practice.
Work here if you want to be treated like an animal
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 16, 2017
There is ZERO distinction from up to down. There is NO rhyme or reason to any of the supervisors decisions. Upper management doesn't know what the heck they are even going on. HR doesn't know, or care what happens to the little person. They defend people who only pollute other peoples work ethics. They protect people who are racist, sexist pigs. This company is a complete and utter joke. There is not a single person in management who actually gives a single ounce of respect for the individuals who are below them.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
managment, work enviroment
Good place to start a career
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 5, 2017
Compensation and benefits are average. Organization and Management needs improvement. Workplace culture individual achievement reconized, team culture is below average, Management and HR do back up employees, personality driven organization.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Below average career growth opportunities
Good place to get your foot in the door, be prepared to move on.
Repair Station Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 1, 2017
Little support to the frontline employees. Most management will have more than one job assignment or area of responsibility. This creates an environment where the largest fire gets the attention. Not a lot of quality planning goes on here. Most is reactionary because everyone is overworked. Good place to get some fast paced experience and build your resume.
Pros
They are almost always hiring.
Cons
They are almost always hiring!
Fun workplace
Electrical Excel Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work for friendly staff good work environment nice campus location flexibility in work hours and great food in the cafeteria.
Productive and High Tech
Strategic Analytics – Level I Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Panasonic was a great opportunity!
During one year and 4 moths, I have acquired on site experience with project management and data analysis.
Since data time, I have been studying and pursuing my way to excelled in being a data scientist.
Great Place - Needs better management
Media Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work management gets renewed quite frequently.
Awesome "Family First" Culture.
Hardest part is No Training.
Most enjoyable - Toastmasters Club
Pros
Shuttle to/From Irvine Train Station, Commuter Club (Train Ticket Reimbursement) Valet Parking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Avionics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Panasonic Avionics Corporation Reviews by Location