PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION

PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION Employer Reviews

A good company to work for.
MTS III, SOFTWARE (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: very little room to grow.
A good company to work for with good benefits and very little room to grow.
RF adjustments, RF test Equipment,
Avionics Repair Technician II (Former Employee), Coppell.txJune 9, 2014
Electronic Technology: Repair and Modification LCD Airplane. Repair Telephone boards, RF adjustments, RF test Equipment, PC Boards Testing, Wafer Level Packaging, Set up Electrical Test, Troubleshoot Electrical Components, and repair telephone accessories.
A chance to work with different airlines in one company
Maintenance Service Representative (Current Employee), San Francisco Airport, CAJune 7, 2014
Pros: chill job when aircrafts scheduled on time
Cons: work load unfair
Everyone got assigned for different airlines at each shift, it changes on the daily bases. I have learned many troubleshooting skills for the IFE system. Work load is sometimes unfair due to manager doesn't usually help out at the airfield, but everyone is very friendly and provide good team work in the company. Hardest part of the job I will say is – more... monthly media load on aircraft, no big deal with the work but the wait time, some aircrafts take at least 5-6 hours. There is a monthly BBQ event for each shift and I enjoyed it. – less
Good Team
Manual Tester (Former Employee), MumbaiMarch 30, 2014
Challenging job
Good team
Work life balance
Job security is goog.
Supply Chain Management Specialist (Former Employee), Bothell, WashingtonJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: short learning curve
great Place to have worked, great enviroment and great staff.
FAA certified repair station
Chief Inspector / Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: slow advancement for most.
Flexible work hours, started out as a Tech on Bench with a temp agency and progressed into quality department as Chief Inspector. Overtime time, corporate quality restructuring, my tittle was changed to Quality Control Specialist.
10 yrs behind other technology companies
Station Supervisor (Current Employee), USAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits/ 401k / discounts on products
Cons: low salary/ redundant paperwork/ low manpower
As a technology company Panasonic Avionics is lagging behind the times. The company operates on a "Mom & Pop" mentality has grown too large to operate by those old standards in recent years. The company is plagued with software problems for the HR and payroll sites and there never seems to be a fix, just a short term solution or "band-aid". The Repair – more... Station regulatory operations are slowed by redundant and unnecessary paperwork. Certain key departments like QA and HR operate with low manpower causing delays in processes. – less
Friendly environment and spaces enivronment
Project Manager/Administrator (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: social lunches, appreciation breakfast/lunch, free coffee
Panasonic is a very well structured company that builds their company 99.9% around the employee's work. I value the rewards/recognition that are given to employee's for their hard work. Great team work environment.
management
Sr.Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAJuly 8, 2013
company's management is excellent.
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Good place to work with work life balance
Tax Accountant (Current Employee), Bothell, WAJune 19, 2013
The pay is pretty low, but excellent benefits, low stress, great work life balance.
Not for 30 years
ENGINEER II (Current Employee), Bothell, WAApril 13, 2013
Pros: owns most of the ife market.
Cons: frugal, no work/life balance.
Very limited upward mobility. Salaries on the low end for knowledge levels Engineers from many disciplines are frequently placed in charged of departments, groups, & initiatives that they have little to no knowledge, background, or understanding of. "Build vs. Buy" mentality for most everything with some very antiquated systems & processes
Great management and cohesive team
contractor for Kelly Services (Former Employee), Bothell, WAMarch 3, 2013
It was exciting working alongside this group of folks. Dedicated to their customers and loyal.
Fun and good place to work
Electronic/ Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAFebruary 25, 2013
I like panasonic for its working environment. A typical day at work would be interface, talk to your teamates. Going to the lab. Having lunch. And working on your projects. Teamates are great and smart people.
Product Engineer Sustaining
Product Engineer Sustaining (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CAOctober 31, 2012
Pros: free lunch in my department
Cons: short break and good heath care
•A typical day at work: Every day I work from 8hrs to 10hrs for my job.
•what you learned: I was learned a lot in my job.
•Management: very bad management
•your co-workers: my co-worker very nice
•the hardest part of the job: Yes, very busy work every day.
•the most enjoyable part of the job: not really.
Management is suck - especially HR
Advance System Test Engineering (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAOctober 20, 2012
Cons: cons
Salary too low compares to other company. Management is suck - especially HR
most political place I have ever worked
Senior HR Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CASeptember 6, 2012
Everyone is covering their own all the time and will happily throw you under the bus or take credit for your work.
Program Administrator II (Current Employee), Lake Forest, CaJune 13, 2012
Pros: great growth opportunities, bonuses and great benefits
Cons: n/a
Very sold and stable company with great growth potential for employees.
Productive, and Busy
Repair Coordinator (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMay 14, 2012
Pros: the simple perks for doing a good job, being recognized
Cons: co-worker who didn't help
Typical day at work would be receiving units, logging them into our system, and getting them out to the shop. Handling any customer issues internal/external.
What I learned was how to co-exist with other people doing the same job working towards the same goal.
Management at the time I worked there was the best experience of my life. The management team – more... let you do your work and did not micro manage.
Co-workers they were the best group of people I could work with. There are some that seem to stab you in the back to get what they wanted and they don't like helping another person even if they are not busy. Most co-workers such as the repair technicians were great they come in do there job and alert you if there is a problem. The other few co-workers wouldn't hesitate to complain about every little thing and took satisfaction in getting someone in trouble or fired.
The hardest part of my job was working with one paticular person on my team who loved to socialize, not help when other team members needed help and was only out for herself.
My most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customer, and repair technicians. I enjoyed that I stayed busy and my supervisor/management could count on me everytime to get any tasks that were urgent done on time and to the customers satisfaction. – less
This is not a place I would recommend working.
Not Disclosed (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAMarch 30, 2012
Pros: the coffee is great. the pay is reasonable.
Cons: mandatory overtime, poor leadership, unethical management, healthcare benefits are delayed one month
Even good hardworking people get fired from Panasonic Avionics.
New people are brought in to replace them.

Managers are tyrants and lack leadership skills.
Managers are willing to sabotage the performance employees.

If you do accept a job with Panasonic Avionics:
Keep your head down
Don't make waves
Suck up to your boss
Great place to work and grow
Program Manager (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAMarch 29, 2012
Pros: technology
Cons: none. everything is great
Great place to work and grow. cutting edge technology. helpful team with highest level of customer service

About PANASONIC AVIONICS CORPORATION

Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. The company, which is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, makes – Read more