Panasonic Corporation of North America

Panasonic Corporation of North America Employee Reviews

Slow paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 10, 2017
Not for coders. Slow paced. Did not enjoy working here. A typical day at work was chilled. The manager was excellent. The job description was different from the role. So try to find out about the role.
Wonderful Place to Work
Capacity Planner (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 3, 2017
A typical day at work in engineering was spent at my desk reviewing production line qualification documentation and working with spreadsheets.

I learned about the manufacture of electrical circuit boards.

Management was wonderful, will to provide assistance when needed and provided support for learning.

The most diverse culture I have ever worked in. You can go into the break area and hear conversations in at least 3 languages. An amazing place to work.

The best part of my job was working with the best of the best in their fields. Everyone working together.
Pros
Very diverse workforce
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 30, 2017
Good company to work with
Excellent Management
Able to balance professional and personnel life
Excellent work environment
gives an opportunities to work with multi-technology
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Field Support Rep/Technical Support Rep III (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 28, 2017
Great environment
Great Staff and Management
Panasonic also offers great benefits and flexibility
Also the periodic employee sales are amazing
Great co-workers
Great company that really looks out for its people
Senior Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 26, 2017
I worked for PESSA which is now gone, unfortunately.
Panasonic as a whole is a great umbrella to be under. There are many things they do company-wide that help out everyone, from employee discounts to safety updates from all of their factories (if someone is injured in Japan, there will be a posting in Oregon the next week).
The nearest Panasonic facility to me is the Gigafactory in NV. If I was willing to relocate there I'd be on that ship for sure. But alas, I must stay.
Pros
Great benefits and an outstanding team
Cons
PESSA plant is no longer open
Good for a start
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2017
Good environment but lack of processes , and efficient comunication between company areas
Good people to work with
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 19, 2017
Great place to work friendly people always willing to help plenty of time off none stressing job friendly atmosphere would go back if given the chance
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Short break
not a great place
QA Inspector/ Returns (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 14, 2017
the work environment here was pretty hazardous to many friends that would have a buddy system going on, excess work load to the personnel that really wasn't involved in the group.
good job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 1, 2017
I really love this job, I was vary sad that PANASONIC had to closed down .the management was excellent .the people who was working there was fun to work with.the pay was good and there was room to move up.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
good benrfits
horrible and unfair
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 1, 2017
employees are treated like a number and are not appreciated for the hours and work they put into this place. management is unfair and could care less about if you have a family situation and more worried about if you show up for the miserable 13 hours youre there
different challenging place to work at
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 31, 2017
i like the 4 on 4 off good balance of work and home life. Learn alot about about electronics and solar panels. Japan owned company so the work culture is a little harder then the american work ethic
Great Place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 27, 2017
Great environment to work with very friendly and positive people. You get to learn a lot, follow directions and at your own pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to collaborate with others and use my critical thinking skills.
Great company for someone just starting their career
Sr. Strategic Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 26, 2017
There isn't much stability with this company. Most of the decisions are made at HQ in Japan, and they do not understand the US market in some cases. It's a really nice place to work depending on the division you work for, and of course your manager's competencies.
Director - Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJOctober 26, 2017
Panasonic is a company that desires to be a leader in the market. Innovative company that is going through many changes in attempts to capture the market. With increased collaboration among the business units, Panasonic will be successful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Needs more progressive leadership
Excellent company to work for
Territory Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 24, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working for Panasonic. There were great benefits, and I had the best Manager I have ever worked for. I had a flexible work schedule, and was able to travel to some places I would have never been able to visit for trade shows and trainings.
Pros
Work/Life balance, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
Overall job security
Good hard work
operator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 5, 2017
You will work 12 hour days in a 2 week cycle which includes every other weekend off. It is long hours but the job is pretty balanced and there are a lot of amenities for the employees.
enjoyed my time at Panasonic
Accountant II /Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 5, 2017
I really enjoyed the responsibilities I had at Panasonic. I had a dual role as an accountant as well as cash management. It was a nice atmosphere to work in.
Pros
great company
Cons
a little far
Look else where
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 4, 2017
Forced to do work even if it conflicts with personal time, weekend, holidays, or approved vacation. Company changed focus from customer and employee focused to money focused. Management does not care about employee safety of health, just care about what can bring in most money regardless of how many employees they sacrifice in the process.
Pros
Travel, Skybox at United Center (if lucky to get ticket), Free lunches when customer visit
Cons
Working for Panasonic (Factory Solutions Division)
The company itself is great, the facility is nice and accommodating.
Sr Test Specialust (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 3, 2017
The company promotes hard team work, honesty, fairness, togetherness, and strong individual growth. But the leadership in areas tend not to grasp the company concept. And it make for alot of chaos, unfair promotes, dishonesty towards employees and this creates a very stressful work place. The work itself is not stressful, if managed fairly, but its not and it cause the employees stressed.
Pros
The company try to create a work hard, play hard, type atmosphere.
It was a temp job
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at Panasonic, but it was only a for a short time. I worked in the quality department testing the products, it was a fun job. I also enjoyed the job because it was and 8 hour shift also because I worked on day shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panasonic Corporation of North America. Our community is ready to answer.