Panda Express

Panda Express Employer Reviews

Love the people!
Marketing Manager, Panda Express (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: the culture is unlike anything else.
Cons: work life balance
The company has a great working environment. Everyone is very helpful and works together as a team.

the best part of the company is the people. the hardest part of the job is the work/life balance.
An enjoyable place to work, co-workers treated you like family.
Cashier, Server (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free meal everyday, 30 minute break, Flexible hours.
Cons: Clean up after closing hours.
It was my first job and i loved it, everyone was so kind and outgoing. I liked how you get a free meal everyday. The work environment was mostly steady but we would get a big rush during dinner hours. I learned how to be more sociable with guests and how to operate a cash register which i found fun. My hours were flexible to my schedule and the manager was professional but silly. The only thing i did not enjoy was after we closed we had to clean the bathrooms, floor, tables, dump out the food and scrub the containers and counters, i ended up smelling like chinese food by the end of the night. But every job has its least enjoyable parts. I recommend this job to anyone, especially those who are just starting to look for jobs.
Good job
Person in Charge (PIC) (Former Employee), Valrico, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: sometimes not enough hours
This job was a good job for person looking for a starter job. Management is well, and it does allow advancement. If you work full time there are benefits.
Tough hours, but fun coworkers
Counter helper (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch, hours, decent pay
Cons: short breaks, long hours (12 hour days sometimes), tough work, getting home late
A typical day was working a 12 hour shift, which is very grueling, difficult, and soul-sucking. The starting pay is decent and you're guaranteed a raise every 6 months, which is nice, but you start to wonder how much it's worth it. The management is pretty insane and obviously they don't care about their employees, but that's nothing that's exclusive to Panda. I adore my coworkers and frankly they're the only thing that's keeping me there, as I would be legitimately sad to leave them. We're like a family.

The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with the rude customers. I have to point out that it's always old/middle age people who complain about everything and never younger people. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing the experience with my coworkers and having customers that aren't jerks.

I don't regret working here and I have learned a LOT about dealing with customers, work ethics, and compromising with your co-workers. It's definitely not a bad place to work, as you'll get the hours you need and the pay isn't too awful.
Productive and fun
Server/cashier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free luches and friendly enviorment
Cons: smell like food when get off work
I served customers and rang them up on the cash register. Kept the lobby and kitchen clean throughout my shift. Co-workers were fun to work with and caring.I liked working there because everyone was helpful.
Tenacious and repetitive customer service
Associate (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free meals, repetitive
Cons: tenacious, repetitive
You clock-in the computer, you need to know where all the containers and plates and bowls are. Serve customers with different temperaments, some have been there many times before and just want to get in and out, and some want to be difficult and want everything to be made fresh, and then have an attitude about how long it would take. Some don't know what they want which definitely slows down the line. You are both the server, the cashier, and janitor, and you have to make sure that all the guests are served as well as make sure that the lobby is clean, and take out trash and clean bathrooms.
A lot of disrespectful people to deal with
Server (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free food on breaks
Cons: breaks are too short
A typical day at work is stress over anything else in my opinion. Management could be way better and more patient with workers
Productive and easy going as well as flexible
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch as well as your own company cups
Cons: may have to stay late to clean everything.
Learn on job and training, management is flexible as well as caring and concerned for employees. They are a fine company to work for as well as eat with there fresh ingredients that they cut fresh every morning.
Need to be asian
(General Manager In Training). GM (Former Employee), Frisco, TxMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: management
I got this job and I thought it was going to work fine, since it wasn't that hard. Unfortunately I didn't get any training or an actual opportunity. The position was given to someone with no experience but an associate, she quit 4 months after. If you are not asian you have no chance of moving up or been taken seriously. But worst of all is this manager at this location.
Alot of room for growth and opportunity!
General Manager of Operations (Current Employee), Quincy, ILMarch 11, 2015
Pros: pay, bonus, room for advancement
Cons: no work life balance, on call 24/7
Great place to work for. Alot of challenges along the way. The job can be mentally exhausting at times and there is litle to no work life balance.
Productive and great team
Person in Charge (Former Employee), Humble, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free lunch, bones checks
Cons: short breaks unless u work 13 hr shifts.
On a daily base we do our OSHA check list making sure the store is running right and in line;so if the health inspector walks in we would pass no matter what the circumstances are .
Having a great team to work with is amazing and helps run a great store even at hard times it makes it easy.
Fast Paced
Kitchen Help (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch
A typical day at work would go by fast, At most stores you got the lunch and dinner rush and the rest of the day you get to catch up on prep or clean. Hardest part of the job was catching up with demand when you don't have much experience in the panda kitchen.
Fast past
Lead Counter (Former Employee), Whitehall, OHMarch 7, 2015
Great customers,most regular customer were so friendly that was the best part of the day seeing your regular customers, love prep food for next day.
Stable
Kitchen Help (Current Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free meals, bonuses, periodical raises
Cons: understaffed
Good working environment, with friendly coworkers, fun and enjoyable tasks. Very hands on and physical job. Management was nice and friendly but bad at scheduling.
Productive, fun, and fast moving work place
Lead Counter Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Cumming, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free food, learned to cook, great manager
Cons: hot in the kitchen, long hours
Great management, fun co workers.
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store, counting the safe and registers, cooking all of the food for the opening line and then closing and cleaning the store and safe at the end of the day.
fun workplace to be at
chef (Former Employee), Wildomar, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough pay salary
good place to work but the pay salary is not enough for that much work and the management is not professional. ffffffffffffff ffffffffff ffffffffffff ffffffffff
good money
cook (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunch
management sucks. they dont handle the store properly nor do they train associates. I was trained by other employees instead of getting the proper training from management
Highest Grossing Panda Express in San Diego, CA
Head Cook (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: burns, high temperature differences, slip hazards, lack of team communication
Very High Volume store with non-stop fast work pace. Lack of training raised difficulty of maintaining team performance.

The problem with my Panda Express experience was being a short order cook treated like a fast food worker. Our expectation for our menu was exceedingly high but training to produce the quality product was never fully implemented. I feel that Panda Express should develop and implement an in-house training course for their cooks and raise their wages. This is wholly due to the amount of food being cooked and the level of temperature involved. Without proper knowledge of the properties of preparing and following a recipe (i.e. temperature, flavors, timing, ingredients, etc.) it is very, almost too easy, to serve a mediocre dish at best. This leads to a loss of trust between management and employee and customer and company (restaurant).

Also with such a high volume store you would expect the ability of the employer to provide work to their employees to be quite high while, in fact, the work load was often given to "favorites" of the employer.
Fast paced, wonderful co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Hollister, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: fast paced, always busy, free lunch
Cons: short staffed sometimes
Management was wonderful, very nice and was more than happy to show how to rise in company.
Typical day at work, I would start out by serving and taking over as cashier the last couple hours of my shift.
I learned that even though customers may be having a rough day, if you are just calm, polite and continue to smile, sometimes it will improve their day.
Hardest part of the job was having enough people working to cover the areas that needed to constantly cleaned (sweeping up messes under tables and trash in bathroom).
I was very lucky to have such amazing co-workers, it made work go by very quickly.
I enjoyed making people smile the most and seeing the regulars who would ask me about my children.
Great first job to grow as a leader and communicator
PIC/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Typical Work Day: communicating with various levels of management, employees, and customers. Performing opening and closing store responsibilities, including: reconciling and recording
cash, consolidating daily deposits, preparing bank form, and made the deposit. Analyzing hourly store sales to improve store performance. Training new employees focusing on customer service, store efficiency, while maintaining safety and health standards.

What I learned: Leadership, Communication skills, Management skills, Work Ethic, Multitasking, Cash Handling

Most Enjoyable part of the job: Dealing with the finance side of my responsibilities such as final closing cash revenue, creating bank deposit slips, and inputting financial data into financial system. Creating lasting friendships with many of my coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more

Panda Express Salaries