Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,047 reviews matching the search
Fast pace restaurant/Fun work atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 30, 2016
A typical day would be serving a lot of customers due to working in Oakridge mall. Making sure you had food in the steam table was the biggest rule. I learned a lot of things here like cooking the side dishes, chopping vegetables certain ways like shapes/fractions. They allowed me to run the registers and count the money at the end of the day and the safe. Making runs to the bank for change and refiling the cash registers with change or dollar bills and so forth. The Co-working and I were a team related field everyone got along very well. We would switch off from steam table to serving drinks or cooking the side dishes. The most enjoyable part would be how our management treated us we would receive raises and had been treated like human beings.
Pros
Free Food for lunch's
Cons
took along time to be able to move up in the company
Great place to work with a lot opportunities to develop.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 2, 2016
Shifts were typically six or twelve hours with decent breaks. There were plenty of opportunities for advancement within the company. As I advanced I acquired customer service skills, employee management skills and learned about the day-to-day management of a store. My co-workers were always very friendly to each other and to customers, creating a positive work environment which made work something I looked forward to. I had great relationships with many of our regular customers which made the workplace feel like a home to me. The hardest part of the job was learning how to balance customer care with following serving guidelines. For example, guests would request special orders which we could not provide due to corporate guidelines. To keep our guests satisfied I learned how to suggest other items that were similar to what they were requesting and within corporate regulation.
Pros
Quarterly benefits, flexibility, friendly atmosphere, healthcare insurance.
Cons
Work life balance.
Unlimited Growth Opportunity
HR (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 29, 2016
In my 6+ year with Panda, I've learn and grow a lot. There are a lot of hard work involved, and in return there is growth + rewards + fulfillment.

Panda really care and focus on your personal and professional development. If you are looking for a place to chill, this is not a place you want to be.

Management is supportive and co-workers are like my extended family members. You will always see Andrew and Peggy (the founders) at the office. I don't think you can find this often in an organization of this size.

The hardest part of the job is balancing your life and work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, they support and challenge you at the same time.
Pros
Co-workers, management, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Cons
work life balance
A different environment
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downtown Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2016
The structure is different. They do tend to do their own thing in regards of management styles. Some employees follow rules and guidelines and some have their way of doing things. There is no communication among co-workers and management. Some people are not held responsible for their actions. I would offer suggestions or ideas and they are shot down. But what I Ioved the most are my co-workers. I would not trade them for the world.
Pros
Compensation, friendly environment
Cons
Lack of accountability, no communication
A very fast working environment with very fast multitasking skills.
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day working at Panda Express is a fast and multitasking place.
I learned that it is good to keep calm in times of stress and when situations escalate with customers. Remembering that every customer must be treated with respect an with equality is a main goal as well.
Management knew exactly what to do in a time of escalation or when we would have rush hours as well.
My co-workers were wonderful, they knew exactly how to work in a team as working at Panda Express was all about team work.
The hardest thing about this job at the beginning was only the multitasking however with patience and practice, multitasking was able to get done at no time!
What i enjoyed the most about this job was the pay and the free food due to working there.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay and flexible schedules.
Cons
Short breaks, health benefits, Payed time off.
Flebile hours, great work place for students
Server/Line worker/Front of House (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for Panda Express the pay rate was $9.00 and higher, you receive bonus checks around every three months, and insurance was the best. The work is very fast paced. They had flexible hours for students. The manager does not care about her employees, but aside from the manager the job and work itself was great. For me it was an easy job and I enjoyed building relationships with the customers. I wish I could have transferred to a different store closer to my college campus but unfortunately they have to have an open position in order for you to transfer. This is a company I would not mind working with for years.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexible hours, bonus checks.
Cons
Manager's attitude toward employees, the small portions you are suppose to give customers when they are paying almost $9 a plate.
Fun organization where we deliver excecptional Asain dining cuisuine where people are inspire to better their lives
Counter Help/Cook (Current Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJuly 6, 2016
Personally, I believe it is a great organization where there is high opportunity to grow within. I have learned how to cook, regularly day operations, and how to become a leader throughout the establishment. Also, I have learned that upper management above me have great knowledge about the organization, but not everything so sometimes you will be at loss. I believe the hardest part of the job is the physical will that comes with working in the kitchen. Also, I believe waiting for promotion or growth is tiresome, especially when I know I can do it. I love people enjoying my company and my food I cook. Being fast and good at what I do I feel proud that I am part of a team accomplishing one goal. The goal to deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.
Pros
Free employee meals, 401k, health benefits, family and friend discounts
Cons
30 minute breaks are not paid
Fun beginners job with possible longterm benefits
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 15, 2016
Panda Express required constant productiveness in both the customers and employees areas. Seeing as this was my first job ever, I learned what great customer service truly meant and how important team work is. My team was under many different managements and all were very professional and took their job very seriously. My coworkers and I became more of a family because in the whole restaurant, there is a crew of only about 11, allowing for close bonds to form and better chances at teamwork that can be seen through customer service. The hardest part of the job was working during the company's peak time and handling all work under pressure and stress.
Pros
free meals, suitable break times, opportunity to advance, healthcare, 401K
Cons
Stressful environment at times
Panda always offers opportunities to advance and they never pay their employees minimum wage.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2016
Panda is very strict and has high standards. Management can be very greedy and at times even make you feel unappreciated. Working here can get very overwhelming because of the managers and the people above the managers. Other than that it's a good place to start at m, you get raises every six months.
Pros
Good raises, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Bad management, too strict
It is a good job for kids in high school or college
top-notch customer service (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 30, 2016
The typical day at work includes interacting with management, coworkers, and customers. Cooperation and teamwork are essential skills to learn for the typical day, to make sure things run smoothly. Overall, everyone was relatively easy to work with, and management was agreeable. The hardest part of the job is making sure all team members to cooperate for the entire shift, and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing everyone's hard work paying off.
Pros
Free meals, higher than average pay, benefits
Cons
Frequently under-staffed, high turn-over rates
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 20, 2016
Great company to work at. Offers flexible schedule and benefits. They also offer annual bonus and room for growth. The management is also good. They listen to your concerns and needs and they try to work your work schedule around it. I learned a lot about customer service because my manager then was really great. They also have a great team and it's fun working with them. Everyone is helpful
Panda Express
Line server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
I absolutely hated working at Panda Express. The management at the location I worked at was so horrible. Sometimes I did not even get a break because of how hectic it was. The job really drains you especially if you work all day. You are expected to do so much when you only have 2 or 3 other people working with you (whom are also busy as well). The job was not worth it. I am a college student and I always got off at 11:30 to almost midnight when we closed at 10:30 or 10. The cleaning was too time consuming. The fact that we had to do so much cleaning after working a whole day was ridiculous. I do not recommend this job to anyone unless they are really desperate. The only reason I stayed was because of the salary. It was a really horrible job, but it paid the bills.
Pros
Free lunches, salary
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks at all, management is horrible
Amazing working place for anyone. Very sweet and to the point. Loved it and will miss it. Great experiance.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTNovember 21, 2016
I loved working there even though it was for a short time. I loved it and will miss it. Amazing management and Amazing benefits. Its a great job and is sweet and to the point on what they want their store to be.
Pros
Free lunches and Amazing management
Cons
Not a 24 7 resturant.
Great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ, Peoria AZ, Prescott AZOctober 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, great pay and benefits but work life balance for management is non existent. The culture is amazing and all about the people that work there and how to better themselves.
Pros
Pay, benefits, culture, free meals
Cons
Work life balance, hours required
Fast paced learning environment, but contradictory methods.
Front Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 19, 2016
Goals can be met within regulatory guidelines, but receive negative responses from upper management even when their way isn't yielding their desired results and yours are. Too many supervisors immediately excuse challenges to their ideals as being defensive. If it isn't their way then it is wrong mentality. I firmly believe in uniformity being a path towards success, but knowing how to adjust to unique situations is also very important. Their hiring method versus promotions is often counterproductive with bringing people that are fresh to the company that lack sufficient training to run stores with long term employees suitable for the same positions often clashing on solutions. I've helped personally train several managers that were hired straight in for that position that were completely clueless on how to do the job while enduring the repercussions on occasion for the stores success or failure. These things were not a requirement for my position and I received zero compensation for any additional work not listed under my duties or offered fair promotional opportunities as some of my coworkers new and old.
Pros
Free lunch, 401K, health and dental insurance, advancement opportunities
Cons
Advancement weighs heavily on the judgement and integrity of your general manager.
Very good company to work for!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2016
I loved working for this company. They care about contionus learning and uphold their mission and values very much. The CEO cares about his employee's well being, for example, they offer learning fund for all of his employee's to taking learning courses. which i found very empowering the fact he wan uphold higher e
Pros
bonus, free lunch, 401k
Productive and fun work place; lots of energy; teamwork and business development.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 1, 2016
First duty is Clock-in and wash hands; prepare work station; And then start working.
I have learned to analize and gradualy complete tasks and provide help and assistance for fellow employees.
Management is great, not to tuff but understanding; during the time i was work at Panda Express.
Co-Workers were good; during the time i was working at Panda.
The hardest part of the job I would say is during rush hour when it has a lot of costumers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is you can have a plate of the good food.
Pros
Fast Learning environment, Good Breaks in between Shifts, Great Salery
Cons
Not much benefits for example like Healthcare, and 401k
Productive work place, and great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 5, 2016
Panda Express is a great company offering many benefits, and experiences suited for customer service. It is a great coach for team work and leadership skills. It was not challenging nor difficult work, but offered long hours to instill time management.
Enjoyable
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, CANovember 9, 2016
If you dont mind dealing with hungry aggitating customers Panda is a breeze. Great hours and benefits, company cares about its employees and the environment is welcoming into the Panda family. Fast paced and still managable as a full time student.
Pros
Great hours, and good pay
Cons
Customers
Panda Express is a great organization.
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Auburn University, ALNovember 15, 2016
After working at Panda Express for the past 4 months I've learned a lot. I'm very thankful for my managers and their overall professionalism. We always work as a team.
Pros
Quarterly benefits, flexibility, friendly atmosphere, healthcare insurance