Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Productive and Staff
Service and Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch and, good pay and great staff
Cons: Long hour shifts
I typically worked long hour shifts and often had t multi-task in order to get my responsibilities done. although I did not like the long hour shifts my co-workers made the environment enjoyable because they were friendly
Great Teamwork Experience, Transphobic Management
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Eugene, ORAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, simple tasks, okay training
Cons: Poor management, high food waste
Working in such a diverse community was refreshing and beneficial. Coworkers were supportive and teamwork was easy to work out. Management was homophobic and transphobic, though claimed they were not. Was asked on several occasions to pretend I was a gender I do not identify with in order to make other's comfortable.
Fun, fast, customer oriented
Front of House Employee (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 26, 2015
Much of my work ethic and dedication comes from my experience at Panda Express. The best and worst part of the job was learning and overcoming new challenges that I had never faced before. The manager at the time provided us with tough love. In my experience tough love provides the best character growth.
it was a good job they they force lot odd things on us
Ketches helper and cook (Former Employee), tampa flowerAugust 26, 2015
Pros: good worth build up
Cons: always keep you busy
the job was ok,, i can do it and fellow it to the letter ,, even cook fast and get done right,, but itn eh back area they demanded we go faster and faster with unreal time limits,, i understand wee need to be fast but there just things that is impossable unless i skip and ignor the proper Way of doing it, and i told them ,, if i skip this or that it would test wrong, or if don't rise the Plate right ,, it won't be clean for the customer... it was good place but unreal time limties
Panda express great company
Cook/Chef (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 25, 2015
when i work at panda express i was the cook and the dish washer i was the person that chow mein and fry rice . after when i learn how to cook chow mein and the fry rice i learn how to cook the rest of the other food. i learn that cooking is not easy but also is fun to learn. i also learn what ever i do and how i work i always have to be clean.
Positive environment to establish professional connections
General Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 25, 2015
Pros: great people to work for
Cons: short lunches
Great company to work for, tons of opportunity for advancement. Staying focused and keeping a positive attitude will go along way within the company.
Great workplace where you'll learn a lot while having fun and meeting great people.
Cashier/Drive Thru/Counter Help (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Good management, Great learning experience
Cons: Distance
A typical day at Panda I was always learning something new and excited to do so. Whether it had to do with how to treat customers, something about myself, different work techniques, or even cooking; There was always something new to learn. I was always surrounded by amazing coworkers who made me feel welcome and work was never boring. My manager was a great guy and taught me so much about how to be a leader and was always he was just always helping me to discover new things about myself and how to work better and more efficiently. The hardest part was at first grasping on to how much multi-tasking was involved, but to me that was also the most enjoyable part because once I did I felt so proud of myself and I wanted to challenge myself further.
great pay
Lead Counter (Current Employee), West Chester, OHAugust 23, 2015
for a fast food restaurant they pay well. It helps you learn how to work as a team, and build your teamwork building skills.
Panda Express
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee), Clinton, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: you can have 1 free meal
Cons: long lines
Panda express was very busy for the most part or the day. Not everyone did there part. So when somebody lack somebody else had to pick up the slack. Our manger was worried about her outside life more then her job. The Co-workers were very sweet and they various from High school students to grown men. The hardest Part of working in panda express was working a full day from opening to close.
N/A
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 19, 2015
The workers are great people. You learn from everyone and there abilities are. There is a lot of potential with a lot of associates to move up in the company.
productive work place
Counter Help (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible work schedule
Cons: short breaks, not always understanding
given decent hours. Always having a positive attitude. Sometimes management needs to work on being more understanding. Always willing to work around your personal schedule. Always wanting to elevate sales and numbers. Wanting to make happy happen.
Busy and long days
Cashier/Line Member (Former Employee), HaywardAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Discount on food, breaks
Cons: Uniform, too hot, not enough workers
Busy as any fast food place would be. Definitely hot and steamy working there. Good pay. My hours were always good. I wouldn't work there if I had other options.
A good paying occupation with ample opportunities for advancement. Panda Express improves the work ethic of their employees.
Cook (Current Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 19, 2015
Panda Express is a good place to work if you like fast-paced work and this company offers and encourages advancement. The work is hard and the work/life balance is questionable, but the pay is good for this type of venue.
Eventful days
Kitchen Help (Former Employee), District HeightsAugust 18, 2015
Fast paced enviroment. Work never gets boring. Coworkers only looked out for theirselves never really feeling the teamwork.
Hard work that pays okay
Cook (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, friendly coworkers, good benefits
Cons: exhausting work loads, working for perfectionists
At Panda Express you will be worked hard and have very high expectations to meet. Managers demand perfection and aren't afraid to tell you when you don't meet that mark. Although I understand the need to work well, I don't believe I've ever worked for a company so hard and not been paid well for it. Also, moving up is simple if you do your job correctly, but, managers will sometimes take a while to get their part of the paperwork and/or tests done in order to get that promotion. All in all I would say Panda Express is a place to work short term unless you sprint your way to the top, otherwise the pay and effort is not worth it.
My Journey with Panda Restaurant Group
General Manager (Current Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Salary, Benefits, Paid Time Off, and Meals
Cons: Long Hours, Away from family
My time with Panda has been a very fast-paced, rewarding journey. I began as a kitchen team member with intentions of getting promoted to General Manager. Within two months I was promoted and I have worked as General Manager since February 2015. The company really cares about people development and my journey is a great example of that.
Fast work environment
Head Culinary Cook (Former Employee), Culver City, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Fast skilled job, managing time
Cons: Not my choice of career
After clocking in i immediately checked for all inventory. Prepare or pick up anything needed. Cook as requested.

End of the day we clean every part of our kitchen and refrigerators.

When receiving new coming employees i would train the ins and outs of the job and determine whether they pass probation.
It was quite exciting experience as I got to learn a lot
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee), Rosemead, CAAugust 16, 2015
It was quite exciting experience as I got to learn a lot and also i was given bigger responsibilities.

Diverse and Fun Work place
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, MOAugust 16, 2015
Enjoyed the diversity of the people I worked with. Management was efficient and hands on, and a very helping when needing hours and being on time.
n/a
Crew Member (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
I had a great a time working in retail. I learned how to run a business properly. I had fun working with other customers and being able to with people and making them feel good about the clothes they where.
Headquarters