Panda Express

Panda Express Employer Reviews

Panda was my best job so far.
Food Server (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 17, 2014
I loved working at panda this was my first job after I had my daughter.
In the beginning when the store first opened everything was good. I had good hours my pay checks where exciting. then my manager started hiring more employees. we got really bad over staffed. manager started cutting my hours to where id only work twice a pay period. so I moved on – more... to target. – less
front server
Front Server (Former Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of care
serve customers and clean store. Take orders and make sure food is fresh.
Nice
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CASeptember 16, 2014
• Answered questions from customers and resolved issues from customers by offering viable solutions.
• Interacted with diverse populations having a sensitivity to cultural differences.
• Communicated with all levels of management from upper management to the servers with ease and comfort in a restaurant.
good place to look for jobs
Lead Counter/Cook Express (Current Employee), Redmond, ORSeptember 15, 2014
decent place to work for and hopefully they can pay more and ive been here for 5 years and i would like to go higher
Great company values and vision
Cashier / Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Riverview, FLSeptember 15, 2014
The job is pretty simple, the environment is friendly, co-workers are very supportive and always willing to help. Working there I have been able to learn most of the front counter and kitchen part of the store also i have learn some of the administrative part such as inventory.
My first actual customer service positon
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexiable schedule
VERY fast paced resturant with great employees. Keeps you "On your toes," Hardest part f Job was when the line would wrap around the resturant during High school football season
Fast-pace work environment with shared responsibilities
Person In Charge (Current Employee), Racine, WISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not easy to move up in the company
A typical day at Panda Express entails always greeting customers and making them feel welcome as well as serving them quality food in a clean environment. I learned at Panda Express how to manage shifts, handle customer complaints and questions, and how to cook in a wok. The management is very strict and particular in regards to how you look, how you – more... speak, and there is only one right way to get anything done. All my co-workers and myself get along well and work together productively as a team to keep up the store and make customers happy. The hardest part is keeping up with the policies, since they change every few weeks, and trying to accept that they don't really allow any individuality in the workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is cooking in the kitchen and prepping the vegetables. – less
Horrible Place to Work
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), National City, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the good food
Cons: everything else sucked
Management was really unorganized, they pay employees too little for the hard work. There was a lot of discrimination. Just hated it.
Highly Stressful work environment.
Kitchen Help/ Cook (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: lunch is free but be ready to gain a few pounds if you decide to eat the food here everyday.
Cons: over worked and underpaid
Having worked here nearly 5 years it's time to move on and start working on a new career. The staff I worked with is why I stayed at this job for so long, not to mention the benefits they offer. As far as the way the location is ran I cant really say too many good things about it. Many employees are over worked and under paid. Since I started working – more... here after high school in 2009, the management team has always been in and out. In other words the new employees whether being an associate or part of the management team have left within a matter of 6 months.
All Panda Express restaurants have Regional Managers who walk into each store and instead of providing positive feedback they are quick in pointing out the bad and making you feel as little as possible. I myself can not recall a time one of the higher head honchos walked in and simply said "great job, keep up the good work." This corporation as a whole only cares about the revenue being made. Instead of asking us how we feel about the job or seeing what they can do to help their employee better their life, they make a person want to run out and regret ever working for them.
In the last 4 and a half years of working here I have been given a raise only 3 times. Although it clearly sates in the associates handbook that an employee is up for a review every 6 months. One might ask, well why didn't you ask for a review/raise? The answer is simple, we have and always do, the manager makes it seem as if they are the ones having to pay us straight out of their own pocket as if its a Ma and Pops diner. Other than the pay being very little for all their high demands, i stayed because of the benefits one is offered. If it wasn't for the benefits I would have been gone after the first 4 months of working here.
If I could ask the founding leaders of the business I would ask them why is it that almost every Panda Express out there is understaffed and constantly looking for new employees whether it being an associate or store managers? – less
its a ok job
Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2014
learned how ro handle disturbing customers in a nice calmly matter. also our customers come first and i would make sure they are will taken care of and leave out the store happy!
Good Times
Lead Counter (Current Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: nothing really
well organize. fast pace. on going business with well hard working people.
Food Services
Food Server (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 27, 2014
Working at a food chain restaurant, polishes and develops your team building skills and client communication skills. In a typical work day I will see over 1500 clients to whom i had the pleasure of helping as needed. Your team is very enthusiastic and energetic making your work day go smoothly.
Got to learn new skills and learn how the restaurant industry works.
Service and Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee), Rowland, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice co-workers, learned new skills
Cons: n/a
I had a lot of help from other co-workers when I first started working there. I also got to learn how the restaurant industry works, and I enjoyed working with this company. The food was also very good!
great services
counter Helper (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 21, 2014
people are so fun to work with.
I learned to be a great leader.
Fun and productive place to grow
Cashier (Former Employee), American Canyon, CAAugust 21, 2014
serving customers to the best of your ability, handling difficult customers with a smile on your face, the working environment was good working with your co workers as a team is very helpful.
assistant manager
Cashier, Food Prep, and Team Lead (Former Employee), fort wayneAugust 19, 2014
Handled cash and deposits during opening and closing.Applies leadership skills by training coworkers and took care of inventory weekly.
good place to work
Front Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 18, 2014
This place is very fast at times. Management is very understanding. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Hardest part is keeping up with the dining area.
Productive and fast paced.
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 15, 2014
Productive and fun to work with my co-workers. Learned the fast paced type of work, the hardest part is when running out of food displays and we have to work very fast and heavy just to cope up with the items that are about to run out.
Demanding at times, co-workers are insightful, management can be strict
Kitchen Aid (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, cool uniform
Cons: bias supervisors
I would go into work most of the time acknowledged for my presence. I would punch in and make sure everything was in order, sometimes everything was exactly how it needed to be but only when the more responsible, courteous employees would be working and if you were still learning you'd be stuck on the computer simulation for about an hour at most learning – more... how to cook or prep food. Sometimes there was not enough time to prepare, the demand for fast pace work is high and the management can be careless at times addressing an issue till the last minute. The best advise for a new worker would be learn quickly and try not to rely on others often, they maybe rude or unwilling to assist. Focus on completing tasks as a unit. The biggest challenge was feeling the pressure of the work load and having co-workers holler orders, although the humor shared between team members can be the greater side of the day. And always be ready for the unexpected. – less
Great people, fun environment, but a bunch of drama and some what uprofessional people at times
Back of house help (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 11, 2014
Pros: feel meal, 20% discount, pay above minimum wage.
Cons: breaking seems odd, high stress environment, schedueling.
Panda express is a great company filled with wonderful people trying to better themselves and giving people opportunities, each store is different; the one i worked at was great, the people were nice and friendly and i made some good friends and enjoyed most of my time there. Then once everyone got use to me things seemed to change. some of the employees – more... became unprofessional and very hypocritical. not everyone at panda express was this way there were some very hard working individuals and most people were turning their life around or finding a new way of being and bettering themselves. – less

1 2 3 4 5