Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,124 reviews matching the search
Typical day at work
Counter help / cashier / stock / sales (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be making sure everything for health inspection/ everclean , keeping up with food quality and making sure the store was clean.
I learned how to make schedule and productivity charts , which required knowing food costs. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers and also having your regulars come once a week.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little pay
Proactive Workforce
Panda Express (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
A Regular work day its busy with a lot of customers I learned how to be more open to customers. The management is not quiet disorganized, as well the culture is a mixture of employees. The hardest part of the work place is been organized. The most enjoyable part of the work is you become a greater employee as the day progress.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Tricky to achieve more
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2017
As a hard worker who had been promised many raises and filled with the hope of promotion this company was very disappointing. Company wide the mission and intentions are upheld and reflected from the top down, however in the region I worked it is terrible. Many good employees are told they are going to move up soon and so they take on the work of managers and then are told later that they will not move up. Employees feel used and are exhausted.
After running a store and working 90 hour weeks as the lowest position I was not able to move up and forced to look elsewhere because working regular hours at my pay will not cover my living expenses.
Pros
possible upward mobility
Cons
lack of integrity in upper management
It was a great place for me to get expirence.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 19, 2017
At the start panda express was great. I struggled at the start but I had great co workers to help me get a better grasps and better ways to do my tasks so i could save time. the management was bad though. I had one manager who was getting mad at me cause the food I was making was coming out every 4 min which is the minimum time to cook. She said I could go faster and she kicked me out of the kitchen. The worst part was that she was a ground of house manager and had no authority to kick me out. So I was left in an area I had no training and no experience. At the start it was amazing and great, but at the end they didn't want to get ride of the manager that was causing problems for man of coworkers. So I ended up leaving for a better job.
Pros
It was fun enjoyable. It was fast paced and kept me busy.
Cons
The manegers were not motivating in helping you perform to gour fullest potentional.
Good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 18, 2017
They worked with your school schedule and they were interested in the quality of the food for the customers. Some nights it was fast paced, some nights it wasn't. I recommend this job to young adults or teenagers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no healthcare, short breaks
good place to work at
Lead Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 16, 2017
I would open in the morning and start cooking everything, after I was done cooking I would start cutting the vegetables that we needed it for the day. While we were cutting we had to make sure there was food ready. Also clean, and i would help with customers as well.
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
short breaks
Great first job
South Pasadena - Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Working at Panda as my first job was great. Management did their best to ensure their employees were appreciated. You also received bonus checks for accomplishing goals.
Pros
Free lunches
Work Work Work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I believe my experience was unique mostly due to the location of the Panda I worked. From to 4:30 it is a very easy and simple job. you learn a lot. but it evolves. From 5 to close (1am, excluding all of the clean up) it is hard work. Non-stop work. It is rough. IF you do not have good co workers the work load triples.
Pros
Free Lunches, Interesting Stories from Coworkers
Cons
Most CoWorkers suck, Way too late hours
food
Dishwasher and Wok Cook. I (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJanuary 16, 2017
its was great job but to the training was very bad no help for the new associates and me. the job was not safe nor rewarding.
Pros
food
Cons
pay
Not the best
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 14, 2017
My experience was decent . I personally was not happy working here because they were very strict and would constantly have corporate vista were they would tell us we had to basically do ridiculous cleaning.
Tip would be to be friendly and outgoing . They really like bubbly people .
Pros
Free food .
Cons
Short breaks .bad managing
Express
Help counter (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 14, 2017
It's an easy job, all you do is serve the food & do cashier but sometime it would be hard its gets really frasturating. You have to be back & forward but besides that its a really good job .:)
Great hours, but tough work
CASHIER/COOK (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked for more than a few months, and I love it. But, the work they have you takes a toll on your body and it gets tedious after, especially when you don't get business some days. There really is nothing to do sometimes. However, the manager is great.
Pros
Free lunches
Good Job while in College
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Really nice people under good management. Worked together very well as a company. I cooked rice in the mornings and unloaded the truck and took inventory. Also was in charge of ordering the next week's product.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Very low pay/hours
Short term work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I was hired at the opening of the store and was told I would get more hours than I did and they have all but dropped me. The store managers changes the schedule in pencil whenever she feels like it, and it is exteremly hard to go in touch with her for anything you need.
Great Fast food jon
Crew Member and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAJanuary 12, 2017
It is really stressful sometimes but for the amount of work that you do i feel like you get paid pretty good. Panda takes pride in its job so they make sure their stores are well taken care of.
Fast paced
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2017
Panda express is a very fast paced environment so it takes a while to get used to how many people you can serve in one day.. The people were really nice but management was very unstable and we never had one manager for a long period of time.
Productive and Consistent
PIF (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2017
You are expected to give exceptional Costumer Service, and work at your best. You learn to work with others and work better as a team.
You should be able to manage to switch up activities quick.
Hardest part of the job will be to finish your work in time and leave everything ready for the next person in the schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is to spent time with your coworkers and enjoy visits of the frequent costumers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fast pase
Easy Job, Good Pay, Questionable Managment
Front of House/Back of House Help (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOJanuary 11, 2017
The job duties are very simple and straight-forward, it's more so dealing with the occasional snobby West County patron that can be a downfall. Most of the employees are fun and easy to get along with, but unfortunately the management there is a bit lack-luster. Usually its the employees who have to trainer one another, so there's no consistency in the product and how they go about selling it. The manager could be known to play favorites sometimes and can go about handling situations that make the managing style be deemed hypocritical.
fun place to work in
Cashier/ server (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2017
open store, count safe. get the store ready, work all day and even supervise some new workers, do cashier, count register, take only one brake of 30 mins, then close the store, close the safe and all registers and end up leaving at 1 a.m to work the next day and do the same thing all over all weekend
Teamwork
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJanuary 10, 2017
The whole company works and succeed as a team. Everyone works towards a goal and strive for customer satisfaction. No matter how stressful or exhausting, a little fun awaits at the end of the day. However, your hard work may show at the end of the day depending on your management. No bonus is guaranteed and loop holes for the managers to pay employees PTO, which can only be received at the start of a new scheduled week.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No bonus and PTO guaranteed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.