Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,599 reviews matching the search
Great environment
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 20, 2017
I had an amazing time here , the manager was chill and funny and she still managed to get her team to do the work right, the coworkers made the experience even better.
Working experience
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 20, 2017
It is a place where you will go under a lot of stress, and the time you work there is not being appreciated. You can know everything in the store and still be told you don't meet the requirements to get promoted.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much stress
Nice place
COOK (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAAugust 19, 2017
Short days and flexible schedules. Management wants to help you grow as an individual rather than just an employee. Loved it here. Friendly people to work with too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very fast paced
Panda Express was a lot of fun, amazing people great place to learn communication skills and customer service and getting to lesrn leadership.
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 18, 2017
Panda Express for me was more of a job then a career, it was a great place to start off for being 16 years old, I've made my way up to getting promoted to lead counter which dedicated me to help my co workers onto moving up with me no matter how long it took, working at Panda Express was pretty successful, always stayed calm no matter what the situation was. I do not regret Panda Express it was a very good job but it was time to let go and find somewhere where I can work and look more into career wise in the location.
Pros
Free lunch, health care, customer service, breaks
Cons
Rude customers
Solid training
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 18, 2017
I love what Panda stands for, they have an amazing culture and training program for managers. I've had good and bad managers, and the bad ones can really ruin your experience. However I have met the ceo and his wife and they are truly amazing people who care deeply about the business. As a GM I didn't have much support as far as assistant or below, and my area coach wasn't great.. however I have had great area coaches as well so it just depends on who you get.
Pros
Training and values
Cons
Support system
Poor company growth/advancement
Lead Counter/ supervisor (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 18, 2017
They need to adavance within the company instead of bring outside individuals in. I have noticed that there isnt any growth for employees that have been loyal and have obtained knowledge of company vaules, culture and the way the company should function. Most times individuals coming in from outside lack knoknowledge of company fundamentals which leads to failure of running stores or restaurants. I have been working for the company for three years and i have been trained to mange / supervisor. Also went to classes to advance in the company but my district leaders have been stalling for about two and half years with promises of advancement but unfilled promises. I hope they obtain the knowledge of having better opportunity within the company.
Pros
Great pay fo fast food
Cons
Lack of growth withib
Fun place and fast paced
Cook/Counter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 18, 2017
It's a tough job at first and it's not for everyone but if you can make it you'll easily adjust and it's a great place to pick up experiences of all types
Pros
Free lunches, breaks
Cons
Lots of hours, hard, fast paced environment
Need To Be more Understanding
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCAugust 17, 2017
Great service Bad understanding of some things. Great team work, fast paced l, great food , clean environmental, stays Busy , great pay , nice workers
Fast pace
Cashier/Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 16, 2017
The job is very fast pace and always busy that was a pro and a con. The company was very organized and knew how to keep a business running well. Over all this is one of the best food handling jobs I'e had.
Pros
worked with my schedule, friendly staff, always busy
Cons
very fast pace
Stressful environment
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 16, 2017
When I worked here there weren't enough employees. It was always stressful because of that. The job itself isn't hard, it's the customers that get frustrated because their food isnt ready fast enough

Want to know more about Panda Express?

Ask a question
Panda Express
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 16, 2017
Panda Express is the most detailed and most sharp fast food restaurant I have ever worked at. Panda Express is filled with so much room to expand and make a career out of it.
Pros
Good Pay, free food, great staff, good amount of hours
Cons
Customer complaints, staff issues
Fun and fast paced work environment.
kitchen help (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 15, 2017
working for Panda Express is an exciting experience. The people are great and know how to have fun even in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment. A typical day would be I'd go in at like ten in the morning and work to about one o'clock and then take an hour break and then clock back in and finish out the day either by being in the back of house or cooking.
Overall good environment but poor managment
Cash Register, Drive-Through, Server (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALAugust 15, 2017
A typical day is fairly easy, very few rude customers or disturbances. Management is where the improvement could be. Unrealistic expectations and poor attitudes, they can be slightly selfish and dump their workload on the coworkers below them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks, poor management
It's fun and enjoyable
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
I love it. It is a different experience and sometimes stressful but it is what you make it. I have been there over six months now and its a very busy place for us.
overall work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 15, 2017
Typical day is serving guests to best ability, I learned to be proactive and have good communication. The supervisors seem to demand a whole lot but they are never there to help support you. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job is having to manage the store and your employees' behavior at the same time. Most enjoyable part of job is meeting nice customers and serving food to them.
Pros
free meals, good benifits
Cons
stressful, unfair management
Productive, fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAAugust 14, 2017
The staff is amazing they treat each other like family. If I need help no one will hesitate to help. It is a teamwork environment. Communication is the best here!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very busy
Not very good work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 14, 2017
Every time there's no management working the employees would never act right. I learned to cooking and wok Chinese food. First time i was able to learn how to serve properly and be friendly to guest.
Overall Review
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 14, 2017
Great work environment and Family Friendly and the selection is amazing and always fresh. The staff will be there to meet your every need. The facility is clean and inviting and the location is east to find.
Overall an Exciting job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 13, 2017
It was a great par-time job to have. Management was great. It was a good place to learn customer service and how to work together as a team. I also learned a lot about culinary skills. The only real downfall was the lack of advancement opportunity.
Good
Head Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 13, 2017
Overall it is a good job to get you started if you looking to get into something else. I never had any big issues with the associates/managers when working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval