Panda Express

Panda Express Employer Reviews

Great First Job
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Newhall, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free meal and drink
Cons: needs room for promotions
Helped customers create their savory plate. Cashed them out at the register.
Good work environment
Cook (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Preparing food for the cook.
I learned how to cook at a fast but well paced time.
Management was okay.
Hardest part of the job was learning all the ingredients.
Cooking was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Fun crew when not understaffed
front of house server (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work full-time if the food scene is your niche. The drive through is the hardest part to master because of food cook time, orders and food availability when also serving in store customers.
Panda Express - Deceivingly inefficient
Counter Help (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: semi-free food
Cons: poor management; complete disregard for needs of "lower-end" staff
Panda Express is an excellent company, provided you are fluent in Cantonese. The only redeeming factor I found Panda Express to possess is that it's a fast paced work environment with a lot of tasks that need to be accomplished. The management was typically fair at best, seeing as managers there often feel content in disregarding employee transfer requests, employee illness, which doesn't comply with the health code at all, skimping out on evaluations, and just an overall complete disregard for anybody who is working underneath them.
I found that the management was typically exponentially more concerned with their advancement of their own career and bolstering of their own paychecks with bonuses that could have easily have gone to the store employees.
From my experience, a Panda Express Store typically goes through about three managers a year, which, in my humble opinion, is an obscene amount.

However the position was able to provide me with valuable work skills, most notably of which a perspective on customer service that can easily be trained and repeated by anybody with adequate communication skills. However, Panda Express did not provide me with this training - it was moreover self-taught.
long and hot working days
Team Leader (Former Employee), happy valley azJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no benefits
come in on a busy day, start working on getting all the steam tables ready for the next lunch rush to come in. management is pretty good but depends on how the manager wants to run things. the hardest part of the job was getting use to the rush our and keeping the lobby clean. i enjoyed the free food.
Fast paced job
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee), Pico Rivera, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, management
Typical day at work would go by quickly since its very fast paced, I learn how to use time management to finish tasks that were included in my job. Management was strict. Co-workers were nice and tried helping if help was needed. Hardest part of the job would have multiple tasks all at the same time and having to try to work fast enough to do 3 tasks at once. The most enjoyable part was having your break/lunch and getting free lunch.
Spend your life at work
General Manager (Current Employee), WA and IDJanuary 18, 2015
Very difficult to have a life outside of work. Not a good job for someone with a family. High demands and the company will think they own you.
Great learning employer
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Assisted customers
Handled with cash register
Handled with cash/card transaction
Kept a clean lobby/restrooms
Productive restaurant
line cook/prep (Former Employee), Medford, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hot enviorment
My day was the same and my co-workers made my job easy with co-operation and good attitudes. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the different orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great feeling that you made and served food to hundreds of people every day. Management was wonderful they made our jobs more enjoyable by providing positive and productive feedback.
Very fast paced enviornment.
Server/ Cashier (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch, dinner, alot of opportunities to move up in the company, bonuses.
Cons: alot of rules, favoritism between workers.
A typical day at work for me would be helping customers. There is no point in time that I am never not doing anything. There is always something to be done at Panda Express. My manager is fair. There are a lot of standards you have to follow.
Fun but can be stressful
Assistant Manager, Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2015
Prep for the day, turn everything on, get the food out and hot. Learned that everyone is in the easy route. Management is lazy and isn't there to help you. Fun co-workers, But very lazy and bad people.
Relying on your co-works is the hardest part of the job.
getting off work is the best part of the job and getting a raise.
panda
Team member (Former Employee), cookJanuary 11, 2015
Okay place to work at.
Hard labor and fast paced environment
Not a bad college job
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee), Avondale, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free meals, decent breaks
Cons: strict management, micromanaging from upper management
It's not a bad place to start if an individual is going to school and working at the same time. My manager was very flexible with my days off and the days that I had to go to school. The minimum starting wage is $8.50 so it is definitely better than the minimum wage elsewhere.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panda ExpressJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at this job, I observed about seven employees daily, I was the cash handler, I did inventory and EOD which is end of the day processing.
fast paced, easy crew, very professional
Counter Help (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free meals, 20% emp meals(family) 10% off (friends) lots of hours
Cons: strict and very critical of your work
Very fast-paced every day of the week it seemed, the location I worked at had the only drive thru in town and it was very stressful. I learned they importance of having a good team, communications, and the quality of good customer service will always bring back more customers. I have two separate managers, one was slightly unprofessional, with lots of drama, and he was more of a friend than anything else. Second manager was very professional, very strict almost military status.they were very fair so i didnt mind. Co worker had the occasional drama, some higher ups took advantage but overall it wasnt too bad as long as you were on their good side. most enjoyable part of the job was most likely the friendships i made and the overall life teachings that i got from the experience
high expectations
General Manager (Current Employee), Pullman, WAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours and poor work life balance
Long hours with high expectations. Work life balance was not good at all. HR and tech support was very good. Owners were fantastic. Free food was good. Finding quality workers was challenging.
Fast paced enviroment
Counter Help (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: poor management
A typical day at work would be a fast pace, standing all day. Taking orders from customers and to customers, keeping the restaurant clean and professional. The management was very poor, showed favoritism, treated people differently if a mistake was made. The boss was very rude and sometimes did not know what she and he was doing. Co-workers i got along with, all worked well in a team effort and the hardest part of the job was doing all the cleaning while in the middle of the rush and the best part of the job is getting to socialize with the customers, give them a good experience and assure they will come back.
Fun place, but barely any benefits
Front Help (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches for employees when working, discounts, meeting new people, learning to cook
Cons: short breaks when working 10-11 hours a day, rude customers, very busy
It's a fun place because you get to hang with some cool co-workers, but the amount of work that you have to do isn't worth the job. At first it was fine but as time went along, it got very boring and exhausting. The manager talked on the phone almost half the time while at work and had very bad memory. The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking and closing. The most enjoyable part is getting to know new people and getting my first job.
Productive and fun work
Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2014
The thing that I enjoyed the most would be seeing the customers leave with a smile on their face, knowing that I helped someone on a daily basis.
nice place to start
Counter Helper (Current Employee), Peoria, AZDecember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
working at panda needs strong people and need to be fast and a hard worker and help the customer to choice what he wants and always make him happy

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more