Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Reatsurant is about 2 years old, good buisness.
Cashier (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, UTJuly 3, 2015
I've learned how to multitask, how to correctly handle food, do inventory, how to keep the food cost where it should be at and figure out to make our guests leave happy.
Who doesn't love food?
Front of the House (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, able to be promoted or get a raise
Cons: higher managament insulted me about my weight
A typical day of work consists of being able to plan the next step ahead of time by prepping certain foods and being able to multi task! From serving customers, promoting items, to ringing them up. As well as maintaining a clean steam table and dining area at all times.
The management was pretty on point and accommodating due to me having school, the co workers were amazing, we treated each other like sisters and brothers.
Hardest part is when customers insult me saying "you don't know English? Why are u working here?" when the kitchen fan is super loud.
Most enjoyable part about this job was being able to meet a bunch of people and kinda see what interesting jobs they had.
enjoyable work
MANAGER (Former Employee), nashville, tnJune 29, 2015
Pros: overtime pay
Cons: management
• Grew revenue 25% in first year by leveraging strategic planning, networking, and negotiation.
• Maximized store profitability by ensuring portion control, monitoring accuracy of charges.
• Interviewed, hired and trained personnel to work in a restaurant environment
• Maintained the cleanliness and sanitation standards of the restaurants by routine checkup of the cleaning done by facilities staff.
• Monitored food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures were followed.
Great opportunities to growth
general manager (Current Employee), rentonJune 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: work life balance
Excellent Place to work with great benefits, is a challenging place, but its worth it. works on your personal growth. you will always feel welcome, by all workers
People oriented workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Healthcare, Bonus Plan
Cons: Short staff
A typical day of work consist of completing daily reports, ensuring associates completed necessary logs for food safety. Providing excellent customer service during rushes and delegating associates.
Alot of work.
Cashier and Kitchen Associate (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short break. only 10 minutes. raise is only a few cents.
Get there clean, prep, cook, stock, cash pulling, close, clean.
its okay, not good or bad. expect you to do more than what your getting paid to do. Management is okay. co-workers are pretty cool.
a productive place to work at
Counter Help (Former Employee), CarlsbadJune 23, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: clock in and clock out for short breaks
Panda Express was a great place to work and gave an awesome opportunity to grow to upper management. Other than the really short break and the fact that you have to punch in and punch out just for the really short break, its a good place to work at.
Productive environment, good food
Front Service Worker (Former Employee), Burleson, TXJune 23, 2015
Pros: Free food for breaks, strong sense of culture
Cons: Short breaks
It was a fast paced job. You had to deal with several customers per day. The majority of my coworkers were kind, interesting people. My manager was very helpful and great with the training.
Not worth your time
Wok Cook (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2015
This company, while promising hours and advancement opportunities is much more run solely on how the General Manager is going to make his or her sales bonus. They refuse to order the tools and equipment that is needed to keep a restaurant running, like wok tools and pans to keep thawing meat in.
Great Learning Environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJune 21, 2015
Pros: learning environment, corporate
Cons: n/a
Overall a really great place to get job experience under your belt. Would recommend Panda Express as a really great starting point.
Don't recommend this to anyone of my friends as a place to work
Counterhelp (Current Employee), Bayonne, NJJune 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: does not pay well
You deal with customers to serve them food. But most of the time your always cleaning anyway. You don't get paid enough for all the hard work that you do and even get passed up a couple times for people who do less than you. The hours completely horrifying especially if you have a family because they make you work 12/13 hour day with 2 thirty minute breaks and 2 ten minute breaks and hound you when you have five minutes left of your break. The people you work with are nice but then your also working with people who speak a different language which is 80% of the time so you feel left out. The company says they care about their employees but they really don't. You don't get paid in tips and your pay is non-existent.But the only good thing about the job is your regular customers who really come to see you over the food because they see how hard we work and wonder the same things we wonder. Management needs a whole cleaned out department and place new management because they are unorganized, mess up sending out your pay, and not helpful.
Never going back
Cashier (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJune 18, 2015
Typical day at work was getting yelled at for anything. I learned that even if you do the right thing you still get in trouble for it. Management horrible. Hardest part job was not letting my self down.
Not a bad experience, know what you're getting into
Kitchen Help (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZJune 17, 2015
At times, when the restaurant is busy, it requires a lot of intensity and speed. It's not bad if you know what you're getting into. The biggest problem is how the restaurant is managed. Co-workers can be fun to work with but at times can be very rude to the customers and to each other.
Very fast paced, productive place to work
Server (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free food, 9.50 an hour and up
Cons: Don't get many days off, not good with sick days etc.
Panda is a good place to go to get out of your comfort zone. They keep you busy. You also get paid fairly well for a restaurant. Usually a very smiley place. Keep busy and you'll do wonderful! Teaches you a good work ethic.
Some good coworkers
Cook (Former Employee), American Fork, UTJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: not the greatest manager, most bad coworkers, not enough cooks.
I didn't mind the work at times. But some of the co-workers would get too demanding and never really understood that there was only so much I could do at once.
Already wrote this!!!
Customer Service/ Communications/ Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, great pay, free entrance to roller coasters (I worked at the 6flags one)
Cons: Coworkers are kind of too laid back
It's okay... I work too much. I'm supposed to be part time, but I'm being scheduled for full time! I really like the whole place, but if you don't like food service, or you don't like talking to people face to face, then I don't recommend this job at all. Some people are really rude to people who have to wake up too early to deal with their hundred dollar bills for something that costs something under ten dollars.
Enlightening Vision and Values; Inspiring CEO
General Manager (Current Employee), Wheaton, ILJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free food, 401K, Health Benefits
Cons: Long hours, physical labor
I met the CEO of the company about a year into being a General Manager at Panda Restaurant. He was a very humble, caring, and inspirational figure. The company itself has very strong values and a culture centered on people and people development. This allows room for growth, particularly for those with strong communication skills. Work week is long. Hours range from 10am-11pm depending on how well trained your team is.
fun work place
lead counter (Former Employee), mesa azJune 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch bonus money
Cons: short breaks, not enough time off
training new people cash register, a lot of money handling. a typical day went pretty fast in the afternoon and slow in the mornings we all got along good it was a good job to start with.
Fun place to work at.
counter help/PIC (Current Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJune 11, 2015
You can learn something everyday. Its a good place to grow within the business. Co-workers get along with each other. Management are very approachable.
Great Environment
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Lots of work
Fast paced and fun workplace with great co-workers and good management. Difficult yet good entry job for new workers. Closing can be strenuous and sometimes you leave work at 11:30

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

Panda Restaurant Group, parent company of Panda Inn, Panda Express and Hibachi-San, is dedicated to creating happiness. Whether – Read more

Panda Express Salaries