Panda Express Employee Reviews

Worst place to work for ever!!!!!!!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2016
They let their employees at the 72nd and Sorenson store threaten their other employees and the management punishes the ones who get threatened instead of punishing the people who are threatening others. They don't train anyone properly. I couldn't clock in until after an entire week of being there. They lie about the temperatures of the food to avoid getting in trouble. They stick dirty nasty wet ladles in the food and have no remorse for it. They will also let food sit out all day and still serve it to customers. This is one of the most irritating and disgusting places I have ever worked for. Its just completely awful.
I would not recommend this location for a job or even to eat.
What a fun experience I had with co-workers
Service Crew/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770August 26, 2016
It was always a busy day but we still managed to be helpful to the customers. My manager was always positive despite of having a bad days sometimes. I learned to be thoughful of people and how to handle some issues with the grumpy customers. All my co-workers were so friendly and appreciative. The hardest part of the job is during night shift and weekends when the line was expected to be busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
All day standing
Work at Panda Express
Cook/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 13, 2016
A typical day was cooking and cleaning in the back of the kitchen and occasionally serving in the front. I learned the importance of organization in order to complete a number of tasks in an efficient manner. A lesson I will always take with me where ever I go. Management and co-workers were good we all got along very well. The hardest part of the job was at the start when I had trouble multi-tasking but with time I was able to overcome that issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to deliver great customer service on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Panda Express during lunch.
Cons
Very repetitve.
Great job that is fun and encouraging
Head Cook (Current Employee) –  Pensacola Naval Air Station, FLSeptember 15, 2016
Everyday you have a steady routine. They taught me how to be efficient and fast. They taught me how important it is important for the guests to be treated with the utmost respect and to make sure they receive top quality product. The management is fantastic. They are tough when expected to be and lenient when needed to be. The associates are fantastic, friendly, and respectful. The hardest part of the job would be the lunch rush. You have to be prepared and ready to preform with efficiency. The best part about Panda Express is how well they take care of their associates.
It's okay!
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
The job is easy but standing all day makes me crazy.
There are different managers every year, some are nice and easy, some are difficult to stay.
I learned how to close the money at night and experienced managing people, and learned to cook.
Trained new hires.
Co-workers are something hard to deal with. Some are lazy, some are with bad attitude.
Hardest part of the job is to deal with customers. Most of them are picky.
Pros
free lunch and dinner, employee discount
Cons
short break
productive and clean enviroment
associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work here is normally always busy. Associates always have something to do. Everyone is very hard worker at Panda Express.
Management is fair.
Co-workers most of them are very friendly and able to team work with them.
Hardest Part of the job, would be doing everything panda wants like doing drive thru and being an Associate at the same time while packing the customers food. We definitely don't have 4 hands.
Most enjoyable thing about panda is that they're hours are really flexible they can be very flexible if you talk with the manager.
Very understanding.
Pros
free lunch, paid break of 10 min
Cons
Gets too busy, sometimes their is not enough help
fast food work
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GA 30013September 26, 2016
- Newly opened fast food place. work was slow, but easy.

- Food handling, proper kitchen sanitation, customer service skills, money handling,opening and closing a store.

- Management was very respectful and responsible. Made sure scheduling and pay was

- Co-workers were great people to work with. Teamwork was never a problem.

- The hardest part of my job was learning to deal with unhappy customers

-The most enjoyable part of my job was learning new skills
Productive and fun with panda express
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 17, 2016
A typical day working at Panda Express was fun. I got to meet new people that came through the line. I learned how to cook and be a leader at panda express. The management was amazing, the manager treated us like co-worker but it was times were we had a little bit of fun. My co-workers were typical co-workers everybody has a bad day every once and a while. The hardest part of my job was running the store for that day.I had to make sure the store was clean through out the lunch rushes and after. I also had to make sure that everyone was on one accord. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to meet new people and see the smiles on the children's faces that came through the line.
Working with Panda Express
Associate/ P.I.C.(Person In Charge) (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 11, 2016
Overall my experience was great but staff and management were too young. Would be better to hire people a little older that can run the place and get the job done without babysitting the crew. Very nice place to work for the most part but very fast pace as well which I didn't mind.
Pros
Free lunch and breaks everyday. Good bonuses when you get advanced and move up positions.
Cons
Can be too fast pace and hard work for some people.
Great job, Friendly co-workers, and great customers service.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 14, 2016
My review of this job is that it's an overall great job! The only reason I left this job is because, I got carpool tunnel. I learned how to cut, and prepare food properly. I learned how to cook Chow mein, and fried rice. The management tried their best. My co-workers were so friendly, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was cooking 15lbs of chow mein. The best part of this job was always being welcomed walking into the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches, Long breaks, and Good service
Cons
Being hit with grease while cooking, and getting Carpool tunnel.
Good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 11, 2016
Management is very easy to reach, if you become their favorite workers they will give you a bonus sometime slike $100~200 every 2 weeks, Promotion to become assistant is not that hard as well, tell them that you wanna learn inventory and making schedule and stuff. but you need to be very fast and have a good critical thinking to be promoted. Every shift you will have free meal and pick whatever you wanna eat. Scheduling is very flexible.
Productive food service, quick and easy
Panda Associate/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 9, 2016
Always a rush, but genuinely good food for people of the community.
Good work experience and great food. Learned how to properly serve food and what is appropriate in the food industry. Management is always encouraging and uplifting even when guests enter the restaurant in a hungry or upset mood. Co-workers are very well trained and highly efficient. The hardest part of the job is dealing with guests whom are very hungry and upset about long lines. But the most enjoyable part of the job is the working environment. The cooks and team members are all a part of a working team and work very well together.
Pros
Free food for employees on meal breaks.
Cons
Breaks can be a little too short to finish food at times.
Work experience at Panda Express
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2016
Working at Panda Express has taught me many useful skills, such as time management, organization, and communication skills. It has taught me how to balance a job and college schedule and develop a sense of independence. It has also taught me to characterize the important tasks and accomplish them in an orderly fashion. This job has also taught how to manage and communicate with customers in the best way possible according to the situation upon given.
Pros
Free meals, flexable schedule and really good pay rate
Cons
Short staff, hot environment, physical exhaustion
an okay job
Cook and Server (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCAugust 5, 2016
You wouldn't think it would be a hard job but it was tough. Sometimes I hated dreaded going to work and I was pretty miserable but I needed money as a student. What made it difficult was a rushed training. It was stressful to be doing things the way we were taught from the first day to then suddenly have a manager or coworker come in and tell us we have been doing it wrong. So I have been developing a bad habit from the beginning because the higher ups wouldn't be on the same page. I think it has gotten better since I left. It was a physically exhausting job but I pushed through. Wouldt I work there again? No. Not if I can help it.
Pros
Got a free meal, co workers were nice
Cons
physically draining
Fast paced team building work environment
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 26, 2016
The work environment at Panda Express is fast paced and can be very stressful at times but with the nature of the work place it encourages all employees to work with another and rely on each other to provide quick and excellent customer service. Management at Panda may be strict at times but are usually very understanding of their employees time outside of work especially if they are students.
Terrible managing
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 13, 2016
The co-workers were great but the management sucks. How can you leave someone responsible about the store that just began to work there? Everything was out of place, work never was done at the end of the night. The manager would rush out before we were even done, hoping that we knew the code to lock up the store. Katie was terrible and I have visited recently and things look just as bad. New management is needed as soon as possible.
Panda always offers opportunities to advance and they never pay their employees minimum wage.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2016
Panda is very strict and has high standards. Management can be very greedy and at times even make you feel unappreciated. Working here can get very overwhelming because of the managers and the people above the managers. Other than that it's a good place to start at m, you get raises every six months.
Pros
Good raises, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Bad management, too strict
Great benefits, low professional happiness
Cd'A, ID - Wok Cook, Lead Night Cook, Kitchen Help (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 19, 2016
While working for Panda Express can be financially profitable, there is poor balance between work and personal life. you're expected to give everything with little in return. Turn over is high so developing relationships is difficult. The work is hard and the hours are long. Can be a great opportunity if you have a positive, stable management team. I have met some of the best people I've ever known, but because of the industry being what it is, it's typical that good workers will leave for better opportunity
Pros
Staff meals, chance to build strong work ethic, meeting many new people of which many are from other cultural backgrounds
Cons
Very long shifts, varriable management, constantly changing schedule
Enjoyable and Healthy Environment
Counter Help/Cashier/PIC (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 27, 2016
Panda helped me to expand my knowledge on customer satisfaction and high quality of work. It made me grow to be a better host and a person, in general. I learned how to multitask, work in a fast pace environment, acknowledge different opinions and much more. The skills I received under a great management gave me the ability to work in any type of environment and would surely benefit me further on in life.
Pros
Free lunches, family and friends discounts, team building exercises
If you need money go for it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2016
I did not enjoy my time working for this restaurant. Management and the people from corporate came in and try to bully employees. You are treated like the middle man if a customer is angry they are upset with in which in a situation it is out of your element. I used to work drive thru and would blame for the service in the front of the house. Managers don't care about you so don't give this food chain passion or energy if they are short handed than so be it.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Management, Corpoarte, and almost everything underneath the sun