Panda Express Employee Reviews in United States

Cooking
Cook (Former Employee) –  3 stores in MO one in KS and one in ORMay 28, 2016
An excellent place to start working in the food industry. Quality food made with skill that keeps you in shape. It pays better than most and the company will do more than most to meet the needs of a valued employee.
Pros
pay gets up to 13/hr and more, great food, good enviroment to learn cooking
Cons
strong chemicals used for cleaning, working with lots of heat and fire
High expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Great lakes regionMay 27, 2016
They hold you to unrealistic expectations and long hours. Nothing you ever do is good enough. As a manager was on a break and not in the building and now due to their policies that they have am no longer going to have a job due to someone else causing a fire.
Great place to work, teaches you more about the work place
Chef (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 25, 2016
A typical day at Panda Express goes as follows. There are four employees that open the store, two in the front of the house and two in the back of the house. As a chef I make sure all of the equipment is on and working. I full the sinks with clean soap water and sanitizing water for the dishes that will get dirty in the opening process. After all of this I began to make the dishes for the store to open at ten o'clock am. Once all of the food is ready for the store to open I make a list of items we need to get picked up for the lunch time rush. When the pick up is finish I begin to prepare the dishes for the lunch rush. The lunch rush last from about ten-thirty to about one o'clock pm. During this time it is non-stop cooking, that is all I do for three hours. Once the lunch rush is over we clean and restock the vegetables, sauces, and mix-ins that are used for the dishes. When that is finished we clean the floors and wash all of the dishes that are dirty. After this we send the employees on their breaks. Once everyone goes on break there is and hour left before the night shift employees come in. For me this a typical day at Panda Express. The co-workers that I work with are very hard working. Each person is a valuable part for the work day to go smoothly. Granted if a person is not able to make it to work, it will be a harder work load but no one ever complains. I have a lot of respect for my co-workers. The hardest part of my job would have to be keeping employees. The turn over rate is very high because the work load is stressful at times and not a lot of people can handle  more... how fast pace it can be.
The most enjoyable thing about me job is seeing the satisfaction on the costumers faces when they come in excited to have the food we offer, and the look they give when they take that first bite. Knowing that they enjoy the food that I have made makes me feel great.
Pros
Free meals, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Long hours.
cool place
cashier/ front line help (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2016
i had fun the first couple of days but then the manager started to personally attack me in arguments and the employees weren't getting along. it was a very negative work place
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, bad management, rude employees
Panda Express
Line server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2016
I absolutely hated working at Panda Express. The management at the location I worked at was so horrible. Sometimes I did not even get a break because of how hectic it was. The job really drains you especially if you work all day. You are expected to do so much when you only have 2 or 3 other people working with you (whom are also busy as well). The job was not worth it. I am a college student and I always got off at 11:30 to almost midnight when we closed at 10:30 or 10. The cleaning was too time consuming. The fact that we had to do so much cleaning after working a whole day was ridiculous. I do not recommend this job to anyone unless they are really desperate. The only reason I stayed was because of the salary. It was a really horrible job, but it paid the bills.
Pros
Free lunches, salary
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks at all, management is horrible
It's a job!
Food Handler/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAMay 21, 2016
It's cool to work there for a temporary job. I learned a lot about what not to do or expect when it comes to certain people. They say you can move up, but I've been there a year being one of the best and fastest workers there and still nothing.
Pros
free lunch, health insurance
Cons
favoritism
Difficult and hardwork
Food Preparation Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 20, 2016
If you are passionate in working in the kitchen you will enjoy this job but I found it to be stressful. Management is horrible to the core and advancement is very limited.
Fast moving, fun environment and friendly workers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Southlake Mall Merrillville, INMay 18, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of opening in the morning, setting the front counter up and stocking spoons, forks, knives, sauces and opening the cash registers. Then stirring the food every 5- 10 minutes, greeting guests, asking if they need help, offering drinks and other foods items and then thanking them for coming as they leave. Later in the night around closing time, close registers, count money, count the safe to make sure that it is correct and report the earnings for that day in the computer. Then mopping the floor, cleaning windows and other cleaning. I learned all about teamwork at Panda Express, we had to work in a line in order to have functional service, I also learned better formal social skills. I learned that management is a hard job and many times you have to help your manager, in order to run functionally as a team. I loved my co-workers, we always had fun and were just like a family. I don't remember any times that we really had any conflict with each other.The hardest part of the job was probably time management. At times during the early afternoon we wouldn't have any customers and we wouldn't make a lot of food for the table, because we wanted to eliminate waste. Sometimes during those hours though we would have a random rush of customers and wouldn't have enough workers or food for the rush, so we would have to multi-task and sometimes it was really hard because I had to juggle between preparing food, serving food, and being the cash register person. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and making relationships that will  more... last a lifetime. I had to quit my job before I went to college and every time I come home, I see my old co-workers and we make a day to hang out and reconnect. I loved working in that team and in a team.  less
Pros
co-workers were like family
Cons
fast paced job, but still manageable
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2016
Helping customer
Serve food
Ring customer up
I have learned how to cook when it was not busy at the time.
The hardest part for me was travel, because I did not a car to travel yet, but now I am driving.
Great job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 16, 2016
panda is a ok job lots i cleaning making sure food safety was number one recently got injury and never got work comp! so you can make alot of money
great and rewarding volunteer experience
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2016
I had a great time working with Al's pals. You only work one day a week but it was the highlight of my week. I recommend any UA student to take advantage of the opportunity.
Working
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2016
This job helped me build work experience and learning skill. I recommend this job to all new teens looking to have work at experience in high school.
fun environment
SERVER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 13, 2016
It was a nice place to work. I did work with people I had worked with in the past so that made it better. Management always worked with you. they took charge and had a sense of direction. I left because my pay was not the best and neither were my hours.
Pros
Great management and decent work environment, job advancement
Cons
low pay and low hours
Starting off its good but then gets progressively worse
Team member (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 11, 2016
From the start the company was interesting and new and easy to handle. Serving food to the customers was the easiest part, interacting with management is another story. While understanding the company motto of cleaning everything, there should not be micromanaging on how you mop. For example, if you mop is circles someone will correct you to make side to side. But then another manager will correct you and tell you to mop in circles. Quiet irritating.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Micromanaging everything
Productive staff , cool boss and cool worksite
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 5, 2016
My co-workers were really cool people. They were always there when I needed something and was willing to train me on things and make sure that I got it down and right. My boss Jih was really cool and understanding of my situation and always was willing to work with me. The worksite or I should say the Panda I worked at had a cool tea bar with awesome cool drinks to order. I literally was in line either on break or off work.
Pros
free food, great people, nice bosses, cool work site
Cons
short breaks
Great place to begin
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 5, 2016
Great fast paced company to work for who also enjoys having a great plan for their employees. High standards on food quality always ensured customer satisfaction. Company CEO would often visit locations and would host events for team members which was always fun every now and again. This was a great company for me to transition into after the military since it was a similar job. It enabled me to save up more money to also attend school to pursue a degree in Computer IT. This is a great company for those just beginning.
Great experience
Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Universal Studios, Hollywood, CAMay 5, 2016
I had the ability to work with people of all types of ethnicities. I improved my customer service skills every day. I was able to provide the best service to our quest.
Very good company to work for.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMay 4, 2016
Work with a money register, deal with customers on a regular basis. Work with many different people. Awesome management, and very flexible with your work schedule.
perfect for someone who is looking for a part time.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355May 4, 2016
It's a wonderful job if your looking for a temporary or part time job, its a very fast pace job, so if you cannot handle the constant lunch rushes, its best you look elsewhere.
Pros
free lunches, discount when off duty
Great people and environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 4, 2016
It was a wonderful place to work!The food was great, and the company was very personal when it came to school and work life.