Panda Express Employee Reviews in United States

Great job, Friendly co-workers, and great customers service.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAAugust 14, 2016
My review of this job is that it's an overall great job! The only reason I left this job is because, I got carpool tunnel. I learned how to cut, and prepare food properly. I learned how to cook Chow mein, and fried rice. The management tried their best. My co-workers were so friendly, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was cooking 15lbs of chow mein. The best part of this job was always being welcomed walking into the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches, Long breaks, and Good service
Cons
Being hit with grease while cooking, and getting Carpool tunnel.
If you need money go for it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 26, 2016
I did not enjoy my time working for this restaurant. Management and the people from corporate came in and try to bully employees. You are treated like the middle man if a customer is angry they are upset with in which in a situation it is out of your element. I used to work drive thru and would blame for the service in the front of the house. Managers don't care about you so don't give this food chain passion or energy if they are short handed than so be it.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Management, Corpoarte, and almost everything underneath the sun
Enjoyable and Healthy Environment
Counter Help/Cashier/PIC (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 27, 2016
Panda helped me to expand my knowledge on customer satisfaction and high quality of work. It made me grow to be a better host and a person, in general. I learned how to multitask, work in a fast pace environment, acknowledge different opinions and much more. The skills I received under a great management gave me the ability to work in any type of environment and would surely benefit me further on in life.
Pros
Free lunches, family and friends discounts, team building exercises
an okay job
Cook and Server (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCAugust 5, 2016
You wouldn't think it would be a hard job but it was tough. Sometimes I hated dreaded going to work and I was pretty miserable but I needed money as a student. What made it difficult was a rushed training. It was stressful to be doing things the way we were taught from the first day to then suddenly have a manager or coworker come in and tell us we have been doing it wrong. So I have been developing a bad habit from the beginning because the higher ups wouldn't be on the same page. I think it has gotten better since I left. It was a physically exhausting job but I pushed through. Wouldt I work there again? No. Not if I can help it.
Pros
Got a free meal, co workers were nice
Cons
physically draining
Work experience at Panda Express
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 9, 2016
Working at Panda Express has taught me many useful skills, such as time management, organization, and communication skills. It has taught me how to balance a job and college schedule and develop a sense of independence. It has also taught me to characterize the important tasks and accomplish them in an orderly fashion. This job has also taught how to manage and communicate with customers in the best way possible according to the situation upon given.
Pros
Free meals, flexable schedule and really good pay rate
Cons
Short staff, hot environment, physical exhaustion
Productive and fun with panda express
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIAugust 17, 2016
A typical day working at Panda Express was fun. I got to meet new people that came through the line. I learned how to cook and be a leader at panda express. The management was amazing, the manager treated us like co-worker but it was times were we had a little bit of fun. My co-workers were typical co-workers everybody has a bad day every once and a while. The hardest part of my job was running the store for that day.I had to make sure the store was clean through out the lunch rushes and after. I also had to make sure that everyone was on one accord. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i got to meet new people and see the smiles on the children's faces that came through the line.
productive and clean enviroment
associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work here is normally always busy. Associates always have something to do. Everyone is very hard worker at Panda Express.
Management is fair.
Co-workers most of them are very friendly and able to team work with them.
Hardest Part of the job, would be doing everything panda wants like doing drive thru and being an Associate at the same time while packing the customers food. We definitely don't have 4 hands.
Most enjoyable thing about panda is that they're hours are really flexible they can be very flexible if you talk with the manager.
Very understanding.
Pros
free lunch, paid break of 10 min
Cons
Gets too busy, sometimes their is not enough help
What a fun experience I had with co-workers
Service Crew/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770August 26, 2016
It was always a busy day but we still managed to be helpful to the customers. My manager was always positive despite of having a bad days sometimes. I learned to be thoughful of people and how to handle some issues with the grumpy customers. All my co-workers were so friendly and appreciative. The hardest part of the job is during night shift and weekends when the line was expected to be busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
All day standing
Good Customer Service from employees
kitchen prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
It was a good job I learned alot about the kitchen as far as washing dishes, cooking, kitchen prep it helped me alot now I can cook for myself & have better cleaning skills. The management part was not the best they didn't really know how to make the weekly schedules they'd have a few people on call which I know isn't really professional from there part, but we all would get our hours arranged on time so things would work out. The hardest part was closing hours it was alot of cleaning that was really it, the most enjoyable part for me was cooking because it became easy over time.
Pros
Free Lunch once a Day
It's okay!
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
The job is easy but standing all day makes me crazy.
There are different managers every year, some are nice and easy, some are difficult to stay.
I learned how to close the money at night and experienced managing people, and learned to cook.
Trained new hires.
Co-workers are something hard to deal with. Some are lazy, some are with bad attitude.
Hardest part of the job is to deal with customers. Most of them are picky.
Pros
free lunch and dinner, employee discount
Cons
short break
Panda always offers opportunities to advance and they never pay their employees minimum wage.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2016
Panda is very strict and has high standards. Management can be very greedy and at times even make you feel unappreciated. Working here can get very overwhelming because of the managers and the people above the managers. Other than that it's a good place to start at m, you get raises every six months.
Pros
Good raises, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Bad management, too strict
Fast paced with many advancement opportunities
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 14, 2016
Overall a great place to work if you like a fast paced environment. It's an easy job if you are quick on your feet, days go by fast and there's always something to do. Employees get free meals and discounts for family/friends. Only bad thing was that schedules were not constant, every week there I worked different hours. My boss worked with my school schedule though, so its a good part-time job if you are going to school.
Pros
Free meals and discounts
Cons
Schedule always changing
Terrible managing
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 13, 2016
The co-workers were great but the management sucks. How can you leave someone responsible about the store that just began to work there? Everything was out of place, work never was done at the end of the night. The manager would rush out before we were even done, hoping that we knew the code to lock up the store. Katie was terrible and I have visited recently and things look just as bad. New management is needed as soon as possible.
Services
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 20, 2016
I work as part time of this job at that time. What I learned about this job was that I talk a lot such as asking questions and willing to help others what they want to buy. In addition, listening skills needed and always on time.
Working At Panda Express was a place that is fun and enjoyable because I work as a team or sometime individual. Co-workers are really nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
one fifteen minutes break and one thirty minutes break
Fast paced team building work environment
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 26, 2016
The work environment at Panda Express is fast paced and can be very stressful at times but with the nature of the work place it encourages all employees to work with another and rely on each other to provide quick and excellent customer service. Management at Panda may be strict at times but are usually very understanding of their employees time outside of work especially if they are students.
fast pace
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJune 30, 2016
Panda Express is a fast past kitchen, your always doing something.
In Panda Express i learned a lot of things like how to use a knife, how to sharpen a knife, how to use a wok. The management there was good, always telling us how good we are doing and on what we need to improve. My co-workers where always friendly and always helpful to each other. The hardest part of that job was the end of the day,the cleaning part, because we had to make sure that everything was super clean for the morning shift. For me the most enjoyable part was when i would be cooking because it would be from one dish to another all night.
Pros
free lunch
It is a good job for kids in high school or college
top-notch customer service (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 30, 2016
The typical day at work includes interacting with management, coworkers, and customers. Cooperation and teamwork are essential skills to learn for the typical day, to make sure things run smoothly. Overall, everyone was relatively easy to work with, and management was agreeable. The hardest part of the job is making sure all team members to cooperate for the entire shift, and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing everyone's hard work paying off.
Pros
Free meals, higher than average pay, benefits
Cons
Frequently under-staffed, high turn-over rates
good place to work.
Crew Member - Cook (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAJune 29, 2016
it was a good place to work since I was already coming from jimmy johns and knew how to be fast paced and urgent in my work, and food preparation and keeping it in line with regulations only reason I left was due to me being in a car accident I wasn't fit for the constant bending an lifting of dishes.
Pros
free lunch, employee disc, team will help if asked on some things.
Cons
constant dish washing with little help, not a good job o start out with since its fast paced
Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJune 25, 2016
Working at Panda is fun but can be stressful you have to be able to work in a fast paced and handle whatever happens. It is a lot of multi tasking and being quick to resolve problems. You get a lot of help from other employees there as well from there assistant and general manager. There could be some long nights if it is either a late rush or deep cleaning day but it is fun because everyone who works there is like a family and helps each other out.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Fast Paced
Unlimited Growth Opportunity
HR (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJune 29, 2016
In my 6+ year with Panda, I've learn and grow a lot. There are a lot of hard work involved, and in return there is growth + rewards + fulfillment.

Panda really care and focus on your personal and professional development. If you are looking for a place to chill, this is not a place you want to be.

Management is supportive and co-workers are like my extended family members. You will always see Andrew and Peggy (the founders) at the office. I don't think you can find this often in an organization of this size.

The hardest part of the job is balancing your life and work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with, they support and challenge you at the same time.
Pros
Co-workers, management, benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Cons
work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.