Panda Express Employee Reviews

Fun environment an great way to experience life changing oppurtunities!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
Experienced a great opportunity in growing with the company over a short amount of time. Worked with great training leaders an acquired skills that helped me excel as a Manager.
Productive, fun, competitive workplace
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day consists of arriving early and making sure your uniform is neat and presentable. Upon clocking in, I learned to check if anything needed to be stocked or preppared for the shift. Management was always present and ready to teach. Coworkers were always friendly and ready to correct each other's mistakes. The coworkers always challenged each other to do their jobs better. The hardest part of the job was the major rushes during lunchtime and again during dinner time. It was physically tiring for back of the house members because we have to be constantly filling up the steam table. The most enjoyable part was the friendly guests who came in and fun coworkers who made the long shift more enjoyable.
Pros
free meals, vacation/sick hours
Cons
short break if you worked 6 hour or less shift
A great place to work and learn
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 5, 2016
Panda is a prefect place to work and learn. It does not only teach you how to do the task, but also teach you how to think and how to do well.
Alright
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 5, 2016
The way the company is set to work is good. There were some issues with management being somewhat unprofessional but overall it was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Fun and fast
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 4, 2016
easy but stressfull but fast

i learned to cook and serve customers quickly and efficiently
management was easy to talk to and work with.
co workers were helpful and easy to work with
Fast paced work but enjoyable
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 3, 2016
I worked for Panda Express for over a year and there was bad days here and there, but I enjoyed the job and all the people I worked with. The fast pace was a challenging at times but I have fun with it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Enjoy coming into work every day and making my associates and guests smile!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoy working with co-workers because those co-workers are the ones who actually do their job well and we work together as a team really well. My management has a biased respect for his/her employees and has favorites.
fast pace workplace
Cashier/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2016
encountered different type of people. learned how restaurants work. learned different type of US money. first place i worked at in the states
Lacking of Respect but some good Co-workers
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day at work can be really good or really stressful and frustrating depending on the group of co-workers you're with. I really enjoy working with a few co-workers because those co-workers are the ones who actually do their job well and we work together as a team really well. My management has a biased respect for his/her employees and has favorites. An example of this would be just this last Sunday, my boss made yet another mistake on the schedule and scheduled one of our workers all day at another location and also all day at our location. Our store ended being very short handed not only in the front, but also in the kitchen. We were also very very busy that day and were unable to do our breaks. I tried calling in other workers but no one would answer and those that did couldn't come in. I called my boss, the call was rejected, and I was sent a message from my boss telling me to call someone else. I have been promoted to Lead Counter and that has given me more opportunities to learn how to cook as well as perform management duties such as inventory.
Pros
Free meal every time you work
Cons
Inability to take breaks when shorthanded and busy
Challanging and rewarding
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Managing Mid-West region (Indiana, Illinois and Iowa) while working on all aspects of entering into Canadian market including real estate, supply chain, construction, people planning including hiring and training, opening 7 restaurants in the first year.
Pros
Continous learning culture
Cons
Living in Chicago & Canada
The mangers do not know how to manget there employees properly
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 27, 2016
The manger rarely taught me anything I had to learn on my own.
The mangers speak on team work but they don't even show the team work effort.
The manger is way to friendly with some of the co workers and they show a lot of favoritism.
The hardest part of the job is that they put to much on me at once when sometimes its impossible to do , for example they will tell like 5-10 different things to do and expect for me to get in done in a flash.
The only enjoyable part at this job is communicating with the guest.
Pros
Eat free
Cons
shows favortism
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Handle monetary transactions the majority of my shift. Assist with serving meals and beverages. Lead counter; calling foods when recognizing emptying of trays. Assist with inventory count once weekly, and Pepsi orders twice weekly.
Awesome!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoy coming into work every day and making my associates and guests smile! Recently became the General Manager and I love coming into work every day. The commute is a bit far but it is worth it.
Pros
Free food on breaks
A good place to work at for a College job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a cashier here at Panda Express. My Managers were really nice and they both were very flexible with scheduling since I was in school.
Very hard To Advance if you do not conform
Person-In-Charge (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2016
This company wants you to assimilate into its community like "The Borg". Asking questions and active learning is frowned upon and there is minimal room for advancement due to the lack of management consistency and retention rate. Its like a revolving door in and out of the company. I have yet to work with someone who is satisfied with the company.
Pros
Great opportunity to work with hard working people, who learn to successfully do their jobs no matter the obstacles.
Cons
Unjustifiable Management;Negatively driven corporation
fast pace environment with continuous growth
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Face pace. Always continuously growing.Being proactive. Being responsible. Giving to the community. Guest love builders.
Pros
free food when it is your shift
Cons
depending on location, poor managment
Fun Place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 20, 2016
great place for high school students to work. It is a fun place to work at. Coworkers have great personalities. The atmosphere is awesome.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
short breaks
Quick Paced Work Enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Panda Express has taught me time management and prioritizing tasks because of the constant busy work environment. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed due to the high volume of customers encountered each hour. The best part about the job is the interaction with customers. Co-workers and management are easy to work alongside.
Pros
Free employee meal for each shift
Cons
Only managers can work 40+ hours a week
fun job but its not all that great
Host (Former Employee) –  Lake View Terrace, CAJanuary 20, 2016
you have a good time hosting and the come first but they don't promote you they don't care to give you rase. and you co workers are great but management is not so great
Great Environment to work in
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Panda Express. My Managers throughout the years were supportive and influential. Such a friendly environment.