Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

good job experience, not the best company to work for however.
Kitchen help/Cook (Former Employee), Dinuba, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: learned a lot about cooking, working in a fast paced environment
Cons: forced to work off the clock frequently
I learned a great deal about cooking and vegetable preparation. Also was a great experience in a fast paced environment. A typical day was always busy, always preparing vegetables and always cleaning. I learned how to work well and fluently with others. I had a great team of co-workers as well. The most difficult points of this job was the stress put on us to finish more than what was necessary and even possible for us to finish in the time allotted. I ended up leaving this job because they frequently would force us to work off the clock which I felt wasn't right, I spoke to my manager and other supervisors but nothing was ever done or a real answer given to me.
Good work ethics
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: short breaks, non-flexible to college students.
The company has very good work ethics but overloads employees. It demands to much for being a fast food chain. Management most times is oblivious to things going on in the store. Not the best work environment.
A place where you can learn customer service.
Lead Counter (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch.
Cons: Late night hours.
Flexible hours. Great raises if you do good on your performance review. Fun place if you have the right team. Hours may vary depending on you well you perform and how sales are at stores.
Amazing place to work
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Freee L=Meals
I loved working at Panda. I would come in and clock in then get right to work either in the drive through or at the counter. It was pretty busy and the time there were no customers we were ALWAYS cleaning the store.
Very stressful at most times.
Front Line (Current Employee), AnonymousJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Income, Meeting new people
Cons: Poor connection with employer, low pay rate, non-reasonable scheduling
A typical day at work is just enough for you to get by. I learned many new things as far as serving, cooking & how certain task are done. Management and I sometimes do not work out well. Honestly, I believe my co-workers would agree that panda express and its managers can cause a lot of stress and irritation but I speak mostly for myself. Hardest part of my job is knowing what I have deal with and not being paid enough for the services I provide. Most enjoyable part of the job would be mostly my customers, knowing I am able to put a smile on new and/or our everyday faces.
Best, Shortest Job
Front of House Staff (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Great manager, great employees, great chefs
Excellent manager, perfect use of words and encouragement when speaking to employees. Often helping move employees further into advancement. Great location and employees. Great amount of costumer influx.
bad mangers
Line Cook (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 24, 2015
Pros: you start off at 9.00
Cons: if you work in the back trust you will be working like a slave for 9.00
The rochester hills store is sucks it has bad mangers who dont do anything but waste time like there doing something but really not they lie and cheat you out of your bonus and pass the blame on higher mangers
Dining attendant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzJuly 21, 2015
This was one of the first jobs that really helped me get on my feet and see what it was like to earn your own living and grow within a company, deal with management and many other things.
Great, and friendly experience.
Lead 1st cook (Former Employee), miami, flJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great pay, after 6 months benefits
Cons: Not all have good co-workers, smell like food, can get hot
The job is fast paced. You have to be able to manage your time wisely to be able to finish the jobs required. I've never cooked before this job and they have amazing training instructors. I was lucky to have a great manager. Although the working environment gets a little hectic, you are treated as family and you work together as such. The hardest part of the job was being able to do all that is required within a small time frame while being rushed by the daily dinner hours. The most enjoyable part about the job is that you get to manage yourself. They tell you what is needed and you decide how and when it should be done.
Easy Job
Server (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 18, 2015
Greet customers then get them there food and ring up, i learned how to cook a few things, management was pretty nice and the coworkers were nice. There was really no hard part about the job and the job in general was pretty easy.
The atmosphere was good and there was plenty of choice of work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: small space to work and low wages
I worked eight hours a day and worked in different activities. The atmosphere was good and there was plenty of choice of work. There was the opportunity to learn a lot in the area of Prep-Cook
All around amazing place of work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Porterville, CAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch plus snacks from coworkers
Cons: its fast food
My managers are hilarious and have taught me plenty. Every day at work is better than the last. Co-workers are close and friendly. Fast food isnt always fun but at panda its not so bad. i love working with the people i work with. Working at Panda is like being a part of a big family, but you get paid for it.
great
Lead Chef (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2015
went to work and did our job the crew was very comfortable to be around and great with showing me the ropes...traveled from Pensacola,FL to Key West,FL it was great i loved it
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJuly 16, 2015
Panda Express is a great company to work for. Management was amazing! I learned a lot from panda because of the manger. there was no hard part about the job and i enjoy everything. i also love meeting new people
Great job environment with positive people.
ROP Student (Former Employee), Merced CAJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at Panda Express was scrubbing in and jumping into the momentum of the work flow depending on how busy we were at the time. I learned how to interact with customers and help them with what they needed. I learned rather quickly how to balance work and school without messing up in either fields. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep a smile on my face the entire shift since I was multitasking and trying to get so many things done within a few hours, but eventually I figured out that I just had to think about something funny and it worked out its self. The most enjoyable part of the job was the free food of course, but also getting to know my coworkers they were definitely a great team to be apart of.
Outstanding Employees and great food!
lead Counter help (Current Employee), GreensboroJuly 13, 2015
I have been working for this Company for seven years. I travel to high point and worked at the Panda express inside the mall for a couple of years but transferred back to my home store when mall ended up losing business. I've learned a lot on how to turn something negative into a Positive. For instance lets say when an employee forgets to package a food item after a Customer paid for it of course the Customer is going to call upset. Always fix a mistake because a customer will decide if they will return to eat or not by the Friendly employees who apologizes and fixes the solution. The hardest part of the job honestly I would have to say would calm an angry Customer down and make sure they leave happy. I mean either way the Customer is always right no matter what. I get along with all my Co workers I watched a lot come and go. But you move on and meet new people. The most enjoyable part of my job I know the store and I know my Customers well, my regulars. I will always remember my regulars that is how much I care about who I associate with on a daily basis.
Great work environment and hours offered.
Cook (Former Employee), MemphisJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and benefits.
Cons: Management was rude at times.
Overall it's a great company to work with; the skills learned from my work experience was essential to my growth as a professional.
It is productive and you get to learn how to cook
Cook (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Typical work day at panda express was to cook and clean dishes and the kitchen when we weren't busy. I've learned to work fast and under pressure. The management there was okay, the manager was hardly there at work and wasn't good at remembering if requested a day off or not. Hardest part of my job was to adjust to work under pressure and the heat of the fire. The most enjoyable part was able to see how much you progressed after time with being able to cook everything and cooking faster.
fast past fresh food
Cashier/Counter Help (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch was great, then made and cut the food daily which made the works feel happy to sale the food
Cons: easy to be replaced
Loved working at Panda Express. Loving coworkers, managers. The atmosphere was great. There was always something to do. The one thing that stands out the most is the food is fresh, its not like other places working the morning shift you would feel as if you work on the farm, all the food is fresh
Make happy happen
Lead Counter (Current Employee), dinuba,caJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, free lunch
Good culture and mission statement. Fast paced. Enjoy meeting customers. Very focused on both personal and professional growth. Focused on healthy life style.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

Panda Restaurant Group, parent company of Panda Inn, Panda Express and Hibachi-San, is dedicated to creating happiness. Whether – Read more

Panda Express Salaries