Panda Express

Panda Express United States Employee Reviews

productive and responsible
counter help and cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2015
In panda express I started as a counter help and then my manager assigned me to be a cashier and he would love when I was a cashier because he said that I'm very good at cash handling.
Easy to learn
Waitress (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 16, 2015
Excellent place to learn a variety of skills. Great for young grads willing to work very hard to learn quickly. Easy work.
panda express
Front of the house Server (Former Employee), Clinton, UTApril 12, 2015
Pros: free food good pay
Cons: long hours
Lots of cleaning, long hours, and depending where you work coworkers are the same everywhere you have good and bad ones. good luck!
Fast paced work environment with room for advancement.
❸ Cook/Server/Management Support (Former Employee), New MexicoApril 12, 2015
Pros: Free meal each shift.
Cons: Physically strenuous.
This is a job that expects that most out of its employees and gives back as well. I learned to not only to cook and clean at this job but also many useful leadership and professional skills. Panda expects a high moral and physical code on a daily basis and one must be willing to give this job there all for the time they are there.
Fast pace.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: education.
Cons: advancement.
A day at Panda express can be described with one word. Accelerated. Being my first paying job i was nervous to think i would not be able to keep up. Come to realize the store ended up needing to catch up with me. The steps in customer service were easy to learn. My first manager came to explain to me that to please a customer is easier than most people let themselves to believe. because when you find it difficult, you make it difficult. I always attained the skill of patience and understanding, coming to see that those skills are the key to great customer service. Understanding the needs and wants of a customer before them even needing to tell you, reading their body language and acting upon them. With that in mind i always looked for a new way to improve if not make better. I spent three years there and worked with 6 different managers and trained almost all new employees hired after me. When working with food, you must keep up communication between employees at all times, to better improve service and ratings for the store. The hardest part was the obvious, keeping the customers happy as well with the employees. If and employee is unhappy it could effect the customer service, as well with the customers happiness, which effects the productivity of the store and its reputation Even with all the chaos that would go on in a day, i will always value the things i learned from working there. You learn mush more than just your typical food service of cooking and serving. You learn business and how to even manage things in your own personal life.
enjoyes working with customers face to face
Cashier (Former Employee), Riverview, FLApril 9, 2015
Fast food is a face paced environment. I loved that I got to deal with new customers, new situations daily. I enjoyed serving food and dealing with money. panda express is a professional company.
Fast paced area
Counter Help (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Long hours always short staff
Time flies by quick when working long hours. Met a lot of people. Nice place to work for and got along well with everyone. This store at Moanalua shopping center is the busiest store nationwide.
Professional and Ecstatic workplace
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAApril 4, 2015
My work experience from Panda Express is truly a great one. I did not expect their way of working considering I see them as a Fast-Food company. Once I got hired, there wasn't a second I didn't learn anything new nor from my mistakes. Literally, nearly everyday when working there, I learned something new to better my performance when working. I also was given many information about the Company's history when taught how to work at a certain station. I learned how to become only efficient while handling food/taking care of the dining are, being focused on every little detail, and still maintain a positive attitude to give and show the customers. A regular work day at the location I was working in is being efficient at a high volume store no matter what station and position you are. You have to be ahead by 5 steps and make sure you still maintain a great smile with a warm connection towards the guests/customers. The Co-Workers are nothing, but a great team. When performing your work duties- we all give a good pat and a compliment to one another even when busy. The management there is, of course, professional and greatly motivational. They never want you to see your job as only a job. They motivate you and encourage you to see this as a given career. That working for Panda Express is a privilege and you should be determined to be one of the people that has a title. Though the hardest part of the job is actually getting to the level of having a certain way your mind should be at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you're going to get somewhere far because of Panda Express skills and policies they've taught you.
Typical food service place
Team Lead (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 3, 2015
Its a fast food job that is meant to be a part time job for students. The work ethic is expected to be high while the management itself is lacking.
not a good place to work
worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 3, 2015
the management don't cared about the employees. They don't make the team feel like a team. the store is very unorganized and the people who are in charge don't help and get mad when you cant stay or work for them .
fun environment
Cook (Former Employee), boise, idahoApril 3, 2015
Pros: they got free lunches or ice cream
Cons: if they didn't meet goals we would be strict and not let them get their 10 minute breaks we aloud.
everyone knew each other, and it was never a contest on who was the best, we all worked together to get our times because everyone got rewarded if we met our goals for the day.
food, new people everyday of all walks of life
Counter Help (Current Employee), Delano, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: food is ok breaks are at decent paces of the day
Cons: managers can really be nawing at times and and work area can be hostile at times
food is ok but people keeps coming and going as if the door is a revolving door and the work can be hostile at times because of customers yelling across the place but other then that its a great place to start off
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), El Cajon CaliforniaApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: scheduless
I love this work because its a really fast work place.
And my team work was perfect, you can have one break and one lunch.
I love to help people, I feel confortable in the costumer service environment.
Lots of room for advancement, the company strongly values continued education
General Manager/Operations (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, plenty of room for advancement, plenty of resources, schedule flexibility, bonuses, health care, continued education
This is an excellent company with endless room for advancement. Also, there is ample resources to use in the work place; I never felt lost or without support. The company values and has a lot of opportunities for continued education, community involvement, and charity work.
its a productive workpalce
Counter Helper (Former Employee), Washington DCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: shorts break
its really busy from 11am-3pm
always keep a smile on your face
the management was okay
my co-workers was nice
been on your feet all day
helping customers
Stresful
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Maricopa, AZMarch 30, 2015
This job has alot of stress that comes with it. Lots of tasks to get done in a short amount of time. It is a very busy restaurant, so expect to be working every second of every minute.
Productive place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 29, 2015
Panda Express helped me grow in my personal life and professionally. I learned that being a team player can be more productive than working alone.
Love the people!
Marketing Manager, Panda Express (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: the culture is unlike anything else.
Cons: work life balance
The company has a great working environment. Everyone is very helpful and works together as a team.

the best part of the company is the people. the hardest part of the job is the work/life balance.
An enjoyable place to work, co-workers treated you like family.
Cashier, Server (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free meal everyday, 30 minute break, Flexible hours.
Cons: Clean up after closing hours.
It was my first job and i loved it, everyone was so kind and outgoing. I liked how you get a free meal everyday. The work environment was mostly steady but we would get a big rush during dinner hours. I learned how to be more sociable with guests and how to operate a cash register which i found fun. My hours were flexible to my schedule and the manager was professional but silly. The only thing i did not enjoy was after we closed we had to clean the bathrooms, floor, tables, dump out the food and scrub the containers and counters, i ended up smelling like chinese food by the end of the night. But every job has its least enjoyable parts. I recommend this job to anyone, especially those who are just starting to look for jobs.
Good job
Person in Charge (PIC) (Former Employee), Valrico, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: sometimes not enough hours
This job was a good job for person looking for a starter job. Management is well, and it does allow advancement. If you work full time there are benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more

Panda Express Salaries