Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Really Care About Employees
Cashier/Person in Charge (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 28, 2015
Panda Express is by far the first job I really felt like family. They really care about their employee health. Really flexible schedule and great pay considering the job!
Great environment at first, but management could have been better.
Cook (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, great cooking skills, time management
Cons: bad managers, too much pressure, hostile co-workers(sometimes)
When i first started at Panda, it was really fun! I enjoyed that job until i left. But i had some issues with the new manager that took over the store and a few of their ideals with dealing with Team issues. They liked the "Brush it under the rug" type of problem solving and if you didnt like it, tough luck. some employees were great, they were awesome at motivating and teaching, but there are always bad eggs. over all i really enjoyed my time cooking there and wished it didnt go south so fast but it is what it is. most days we would spend most of the time prepping the veggies for the next day and cooking out meals. cooking on a Wok was REALLY fun! its a skill i will never forget.
A lot of teamwork, and Multi-tasking
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: fast pace
learning codes
well organize
positive energy
teamwork
learning how to cook
busy all the time
it can get stressful
it can be fun
your able to provide catering
Great compensation, Simple Job
Kitchen Help - Assist cook (Current Employee), Stillwater OKMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great compensation, Fun Customers
Cons: Inattentive management, complacent co-workers
Job is simple and uninteresting. Co-workers are complacent and mostly unhelpful. Management tends to be inattentive. Compensation is Great. Tend to deal with serving people and cooking food on a daily basis. Hardest part is switching between positions on shift and running multiple positions in a shift. Enjoy hearing people compliments about food quality and service.
Okay
front cashier (Former Employee), Novato, CAMay 24, 2015
Panda Express is not a very good place to work for. The management is always unprepared and not good at maintaining a strong restaurant and team.
Very popular food company
Counter Help (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 23, 2015
I have grown a close relationship with a few of my fellow employees, how ever, I do not seek this job as my career. I have learned to handle difficult people fairly well but again this not my career choice. I want a job that is more mature and friendly. I work with a lot of youth and I feel that my maturity level is higher than that of my co-workers. I also want a job that has a stable work schedule.
Pretty good
Counter Help (Current Employee), Redding, CAMay 23, 2015
Amazing place to work, awesome and friendly co-workers, very helpful, not enough hours given, fun work place, and a great experience over all
Loved working there
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 23, 2015
Panda Expres taught me how to work with money, use the register open and close registers, how to take debit and credit cards how to take large orders that are like 300 dollars or more and how to drop that money in the safe. Panda has taught me how to keep my environment clean but at the same time be on the register and take orders at the same time.. it also taught me how to move in a fast pace.
No work life balance at all
Cashier, Server, Kitchen Help/Food Prep, Cook (Current Employee), Patterson, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks, stressful job for minimum wage, no work/life balance
If management starts to slack off, it will be effect the crew and make them work harder for it. No work life balance. Closing shift means you get off once all work is done. working 35 hours a week and I am part time. Enjoyable part are the crew
short breaks, low bonuses and terrible hours
sales associate (Current Employee), ontario, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks and not so good hours
A typical day is busy a lot of fast paced work and constant moving around. My co workers are great. We all get along and work well with each other. my overall experience at Panda Express has been a great learning experience.
Well Paying Job, Horrible place to work at
Counter Help (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad management and conflicts
A typical day at work is similar to any restaurant jobs, it will be busy. You learn and improve customer service skills because there are always rude and angry customers. You learn to be patient and resolve problems throughout the day.
Co- Workers, if you all get along, are good to be around with because as a team, we help each other get through the day. We work as a team to get things done or help each others solve things one of us does not know how to do.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain your cool when a person is yelling at you and insulting you or when a co-worker does not want to work. Also, going to school and being able to fit their schedule needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along and can joke around sometimes. Also the management tries to be flexible.
The management though is awful. They try to be professional but are terrible at it. Their main focus is treating the guest with love and kindness, which is good, but treats the employees bad. The GM of the Lima Rd. store treats everyone awful that it makes everyone feel put down. She will show you that she is nice but after a few months she treats you badly if you don't do everything she says. If you ask for a few days off because of whatever reason she takes off more than you asked for as a punishment and does it continually every week.
Many employees there are still working at Panda because they are college students and need money or because of rent, but many have said that if it wasn't for that reason they would leave because the majority of the people at Panda now hate working for Panda because of management.
Panda Express
Counter Help (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMay 18, 2015
For a fast food restaurant Panda Express starts off pay pretty good and you get a raise every 6 months plus bonus. Pretty flexible with hours. Good benefits for full time employees, no benefits for part time employees.
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: Bad management
The management at the Panda Express store that I worked for was terrible. The managers would rarely follow protocol. They were also constantly choosing their favorite employees as well as giving them days off and hours they wanted. I was always forced to work the evening shift every weekend because no one else wanted to.
Meh
Sales representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free meal per work day.
Cons: Hot environment to work, lift a lot of heavy things, shifts in the middle of the day, closing side work tasks are too tiring.
Don't really have much to say about them, like any other regular job at a mall's food court, it was monotonous, long shifts that occupied the middle of your day (so you could not do much before or after the shifts). The closing duties were very tiring and time consuming, I remember always getting home too tired for anything else after having to clean the whole kitchen and service area. Other than that, it is like any other starting job I guess, not meant for you to be in them for too long...
Great place to work!
Counter Help (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, good hours depending on location
Cons: None
I'd make 35 hours a week, and for those making over 30 hours a week get to enroll into health insurance, eat on your break for FREE, fun work environment, the time flies by when its busy.
Hectic workplace
Cashier & Server (Former Employee), Studio City, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No freedom of expression, Everything is scripted
The company offers benefits and competitive pay. It is great experience. Be aware that most managers are related to the owner of the company which definitely has its down sides.
Management Issues.
Customer Service Leader/Management (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 14, 2015
Cons: to many issues to address here in this region.
Not please here in this region working at Panda Express. Does not meet mission or values. Alot of management issues to address.
I'm guessing you don't want to hear about Panda Express as much as my cleaning job with Janpro.
Maintenance worker/ Janitor (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great boss, Great work environment
Cons: Working alone 99% of the time
It was fun, my boss was an amazing person. He understood if I couldn't make it to work because of emergencies that would happen and he was very flexible with my schedule. I worked at 3 different locations, usually cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, offices, and dining halls/conference rooms. I learned a lot about cleaning procedures, and how to use a few different cleaning machines. I didn't really have any coworkers, I just went to the 3 buildings I cleaned and did my job then left. The hardest part of my job was probably the fact I had to drive to 3 different locations that weren't located that close together, but even then I did not mind. The most enjoyable part was getting good reviews from the buildings I cleaned.
Good place to work as part time on campus
Food Server (Former Employee), Clemson, SCMay 12, 2015
It is a good place to work as part time on campus. Free food and drink for employees, and get a good chance to talk to Clemson University fellows.
A very fast pace job with friendly employees.
Customer Service (Former Employee), 1740 S Robert St, West St Paul, MN 55118May 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good breaks, and Positive atmosphere.
Cons: HealthCare
Greet customers with a bright smile and deal with customer complaints and satisfy their needs. Co-workers were always positive and friendly. The hardest part about the job was when there is a lunch/dinner rush, but with the help of team work everything goes by smoothly and quickly. The most enjoyable part about Panda Express is hearing customers compliment the speed and neatness of my work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

Panda Restaurant Group is the world leader in Asian dining experiences. Established in 1983, Panda Restaurant Group includes – Read more