Panda Express Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced but great work environment
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2016
This is a great place to work for those who are looking to start working somewhere. The management is great and they work well with you. They also train you and expect for you to be able to adapt to a fast pace while easing you into it.
Fast paced environment
Lead Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 21, 2016
Always be busy and working with Panda Express. Lots of work in the kitchen to do as well as in the front with customers and service.
Good Customer Service from employees
kitchen prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2016
It was a good job I learned alot about the kitchen as far as washing dishes, cooking, kitchen prep it helped me alot now I can cook for myself & have better cleaning skills. The management part was not the best they didn't really know how to make the weekly schedules they'd have a few people on call which I know isn't really professional from there part, but we all would get our hours arranged on time so things would work out. The hardest part was closing hours it was alot of cleaning that was really it, the most enjoyable part for me was cooking because it became easy over time.
Pros
Free Lunch once a Day
Services
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 20, 2016
I work as part time of this job at that time. What I learned about this job was that I talk a lot such as asking questions and willing to help others what they want to buy. In addition, listening skills needed and always on time.
Working At Panda Express was a place that is fun and enjoyable because I work as a team or sometime individual. Co-workers are really nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
one fifteen minutes break and one thirty minutes break
productive and manageable
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJuly 20, 2016
I had to make the orders of the customers food. although the people i worked with was friendly the company it'self wasn't friendly my experience from working there was fun but not fare
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shortbreaks
poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 19, 2016
contradicts everything that the company is about though it just may that the Aco changes everything that make employees quit and making it a bad working environment!
A day in the life of an Panda Express Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at Panda is constantly being on your feet and always doing something. Whether it be serving guests their food, handling money, stocking, cleaning, anything. You're guaranteed to be kept busy.

From Panda, I've learned a lot. I've learned how to balance work, school, hobbies, and how to be prepared for anything and everything. My management team is great, they push you to do better at your job which in turn will incorporate into your everyday life. Coworkers are awesome because we were or are students and working at Panda. So we understood the struggle of being a working student which created a solid bases for friendships making us a closer team and helps the store run more smoothly.

The hardest part of the job would be the most enjoyable and that would be the unexpectedness of it all. Because besides being physically on your feet all the time, you're kept on your toes so you're learning something new everyday.
Pros
Free food on shift, 20% discount, hours are good but can be grueling sometimes.
Cons
If you're not used to a lot of work very frequently, you can burnout very quickly.
Simple tasks, harsh environment.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 19, 2016
The management would not work with your schedule and you were not allowed to have shifts covered. You could work 10-10 and only get one ten minute break for the entire shift.
Pros
Free meals on break.
Cons
Short breaks for long shifts, over working.
fun and hard working place
Front Counter (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2016
Working at panda have taught me to multitask in many areas that i have working in. Learning to coop well with the customer with a bad anger and always keeping a cool matter what the situation is. Take control of the situation no matter what the outcome is. Working along with my team members, and keeping the team work in flow. My team members are what that make me want to come to work. work is great but without the teamwork i believe the work wouldn't be done. I don't think there is anything hard about the job at Panda Express. if i would have say, it would be our rush hours. making sure that our cooks are cooking the right amount of food that we will be needing for the ruh hours. not running out of things and having to keep in restocking the items that we need, they most enjoying part of working there is just working with the team members. they are just like another family, but just that it is at work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, have to work over 60 hours to get health care coverage
awesome
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2016
great to work , greet people, serve people, the lunch rush gives you an adrenaline rush, seeing people happy gives you satisfaction and peace. really flexible schedule and the people are fun to work with
productive and fast paced environment
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 15, 2016
Working at Panda Express is a positive experience and our main goal is to provide excellent customer service. Management can be hard on you if they feel like you're not doing a good job which is the only downside for this job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad training
A very fast working environment with very fast multitasking skills.
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 14, 2016
A typical day working at Panda Express is a fast and multitasking place.
I learned that it is good to keep calm in times of stress and when situations escalate with customers. Remembering that every customer must be treated with respect an with equality is a main goal as well.
Management knew exactly what to do in a time of escalation or when we would have rush hours as well.
My co-workers were wonderful, they knew exactly how to work in a team as working at Panda Express was all about team work.
The hardest thing about this job at the beginning was only the multitasking however with patience and practice, multitasking was able to get done at no time!
What i enjoyed the most about this job was the pay and the free food due to working there.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay and flexible schedules.
Cons
Short breaks, health benefits, Payed time off.
Fast paced with many advancement opportunities
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJuly 14, 2016
Overall a great place to work if you like a fast paced environment. It's an easy job if you are quick on your feet, days go by fast and there's always something to do. Employees get free meals and discounts for family/friends. Only bad thing was that schedules were not constant, every week there I worked different hours. My boss worked with my school schedule though, so its a good part-time job if you are going to school.
Pros
Free meals and discounts
Cons
Schedule always changing
Fast paced and demanding, in order to ensure a high-quality food experience.
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 13, 2016
Management was demanding, never limiting themselves to options that sought to generate greater revenues. However, this is necessary, and anyone working in the food industry must understand this ahead of time. Overall, the job gave me valuable knowledge and experience.
Very friendly and conducive working enviornment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cullowhee, NCJuly 11, 2016
A normal shift started around 5 p.m. Once I arrived, I immediately began working. I would put on an apron and hairnet, then place my hat on. After that I would wash my hands as I relieved the person from mid-day shift. I then put on my gloves and began servicing the customers. Then after fixing their order I would ring them up and complete their transaction. In any down time, I would off the counters and my works pace, sweep, do dishes, re-stock everything and/or cook. My co-workers were always very fun-loving, hardworking, and extremely cooperative when it came down to completing tasks. The hardest part of my job was running the entire front line by myself when we had a dinner rush. The most enjoyable part of working for me, was being able to spend pretty much my entire shift talking to new people and occasionally chatting with regular customers, and honestly just seeing the smiles on the faces of the customers truly made working as much and as hard as I did for as long as I did worth-while.
Pros
Free emplyee meals at two locations that were alos on campus.
Cons
Extremely busy during long rushes, Limited breaks.
part time work is best
Cook (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 11, 2016
A part time, mostly on weekends.Pretty good food, nice work place . I've learned that there is many very different kind of people and it is very interesting to listen and always be ready to meet the most important person in the world because you never know who you are dealing with.
fun work place
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 11, 2016
i learned how to cut and prep food and also learned how to cook new dishes. i liked working with my co workers we would all have fun at work and get everything done
Pros
free lunch
benefits
Depends on the location you work. Otherwise great vision and culture.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
Panda is a fast casual concept. I enjoyed working with my coworkers at the time they made the experience more fun. I didnt feel comfortable around some of the higher ups. They are more like bosses vs. leaders.
Comfortable and safe envoriment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed my years at Panda Express, I unfortunately had to resign due to me not having a car. The distance was too far, I do have a car now. I loved all the hours they gave me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Distance
productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  yuma azJuly 7, 2016
good work place, great co-workers and management. the most hardest part of the job were its peek hours. A typical day at panda express was go in count my register, sign in and attend the customers, mostly drive through. most enjoyable part was having good communication with my peers.