Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Fun but Hard Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Usually I go to work after class. I go in already knowing what needs to be done. Most of the team members get along well. My biggest concern is the management. I don't know how the promotional process goes, but I know a lot more new people were given promotions before the people that had been working there since the store's grand opening. We got plenty of breaks, and the job is not too hard. But the rules were not consistent across the board. It sort of felt like certain rules only applied to certain people, but I would blame that on the management. I liked my job, but I wish the management was more fair/unbiased.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Favortism, Stays open too late
Team work
PIC (Current Employee) –  Mason, OhJanuary 16, 2016
A usual work day included serving customer in a timely fashion as well as making the customers experience an excellent visit so that they return time and time again. I have learned many things from Panda Express such as how to speak with my peers so that we have a constant learning environment.
My co-workers and myself try our hardest to help everyone be the best person that they can be and encourage each other to learn new things so that we can be promoted. We value communication among ourselves so that we avoid friction between us and offer support.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is unable to work their shift and we are unable to find someone to cover the shift.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when everything runs smoothly and there are no complications. Over all this company is great to work for and we have a lot of fun.
Pros
We do get employee meals, give discounts to police and military. They have excellent medical and dental insurance.
Cons
Working 12 to 15 hour shifts and being short handed.
View on managment
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2016
Well I had an amazing time working for the company, but the manager and myself didn't see eye to eye which made it difficult to work with and it made me make the move of not working for them anymore.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Felt as maanger didnt like me
I'm a hard worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I'm college student. I'm hard worker, never give up on any project and willing to learn something new and everyone in this company is very friendly
Pros
free food
fun productive place
FOH (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Great people to work with, a lot of diversity, you can also learn a whole lot working here. The mangement is overall ok. Not a lot of chances to be promoted unless your seriously on heels. The Most fun part is free food! eat as much as you want on breaks cause its free.
Pros
free food
Cons
not a lot of promotions
Great oppurtunity for growth
Front of House/Back of House (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 14, 2016
I did enjoy working for this company, however the management could've been better. I advanced, while with the company. They are good with their raises.
Pros
Employee discounts/shoe advances/paid vacation
Cons
short breaks, management team
Fun
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 10, 2016
Very flexible with schooling and persona life. Lots of opportunities for promotions and advancement in pay. Also very fast-paced work to make the day go by faster
Pros
Free Lunch
Good Challanging Job
Full Time Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 2, 2016
Panda is a good challenging job with decent pay, but the upper management can be a unreasonable and expect way to much from people who are doing more than asked of them already
Pros
Good fast paced job
Cons
Advencement opertunities are minimal
Poor managment.
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Boulder City, NVDecember 28, 2015
Working at panda, I made good money, the work wasn't that bad, we worked long hours but got paid well, but my manager in Boulder City, NV seemed to care less about the lives of his employees. Working there, I honestly felt like he didn't care if I lived or died. During my current week, I am working 6 DAYS WHILE MY MANAGER HAS 3 DAYS OFF. Vacation days are not allowed. he doesn't care if you're sick or injured or have a dying family member he will tell you to "drink lots of water" and come to work for him. Our store has such bad turn over and it's because of HIM! DO NOT WORK AT THE PANDA EXPRESS IN BOULDER CITY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE A SLAVE!!!!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
poor management
Overall is good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 28, 2015
Excellent food with high stander customer service requirement of employees.Daily responsibility include cleaning store,greeting customers,serve customers.

Want to know more about Panda Express?

Ask a question
Productive and happy working environment
Customer Service Associate/lead counter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2015
A typical day at work is the slowest day because its boring and and I'm not use to work at slow face environment what i learn in panda express is on how to create a safe and empowering working environment and on how to operate cash register.I learn how to manage in opening and closing the store and on how to cook all the entrees on our menu
Pros
Free meal and breaktime is available
Cons
good health insurance and fair rest breaks
productive and high energy work place
Host (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXDecember 22, 2015
This is a great job to start working at I you are looking for a part time job with flexible schedules. also this job allows the average college student great flexibility during you final exam period.
Pros
money
Cons
alot of work
it was ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2015
the day to day was stressful because you had a million things to plus working an actual spot. I learned a lot of great management techniques and got my time management on point. For the most part the management was good. Very strict, they ran a tight ship but it was great for the restaurant. My co workers were mostly nice people. The hardest part of the job was keeping all crew on board with the strict policies and getting all tasks done while working a position. For example doing drive through while trying to get a truck order done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking in the kitchen.
Amazing establishment meeting the needs of customers.
Cashier/ Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZDecember 21, 2015
At Wendy's, there was only about 1 manager on duty. I can recall a day where one of my co-workers were being extremely rude to a customer. I knew that it was my job to take care of the problem & serve the customer with respect at all times. I immediately apologized for my co-workers rude service, gave the customer his food, and thanked him for coming. I believe in the saying "treat others how you would like to be treated." I use that quote during my everyday ongoings.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I love it!
Drive Thru (Current Employee) –  Canton, GADecember 17, 2015
I absolutely love my job at Panda Express! I love my coworkers and management. The job can get stressful at time when we get really busy but places are like that.
good environment for work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 15, 2015
good environment for work and good benefits. Good standards. Good team. good food. good management. good culture. safe place to work.
Over-worked, Under-paid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTDecember 14, 2015
Long hours, minimal training, no real help or support from upper management, no praise and little encouragement, upper management store visits are only stressful and not geared toward training or coaching.
it was long hours
General Manger (Current Employee) –  Niceville, FLDecember 13, 2015
it was okay , the benefit was amazing.
The work was long.
Couldn't have time with m family.
I learn how to run the store.
Co-workers would come and go.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
great health care
Cons
Great starting pay, Terrible working conditions
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 12, 2015
There's not much I can say about this job. In my honest opinion, it was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. The only consolation I had was the fact that the starting rate was $9 per hour. Other than that, the environment and workplace was one of the worst times of my life.
Pros
Great starting pay rate of $9 per hour
Cons
The staff isn't exactly the nicest, the work is grueling and tiresome, graveyard shifts in college towns
Good company
Lead Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WA, Fort Walton Beach, FLDecember 11, 2015
This was a pretty awesome company to work with when I worked in Washington state. But when I got to Fort Walton Beach Florida it sucked big time.
Pros
Free lunces