Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,169 reviews matching the search
It was fun and rewarding.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 5, 2017
The job kept me as financially stable as a teenager could be. It was fun and interesting. Coming into work was easy and unstressful.
Pros
Money and breaks
Cons
Busy
good place to start working
Server (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 5, 2017
a typical day at work is greeting customers while they walk through the door, cleaning, restocking utensils and making sure food is at the right temperature.
unhealthy environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2017
unstable schedule, always short people, managers need to do everything as overworking but not match the pay rate. high standard for everything but not applying to caring about people. the company always declare about caring people but which is not. you need to know how to talk instead of how to work. you need to know how to brush the brand of panda express instead of truly care about the customers. no life work balance. if you are the manager , lot of times you need to work for 7 days which you cant stay with your family
Pros
free meal, quick promotion
Cons
unhealthy environment, traditional chinese environment
productive
Kitchen Help/Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2017
It was a good experience, just very time consuming at times. The job consisted of cutting vegetables. I also working under pressure,provided excellent customer service, and Assisted with stocking and inventory
Stressful workplace
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
They provided a lot of opportunities to grow but also a lot of pressure to make sure you can reach their goals. It's a great place to work if you are really want to grow in the restaurant industry, but if you are looking for a part-time job then I wouldn't recommend this.
It was like working in the FUTURE
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 61613February 2, 2017
Everything was efficient about this place. There were set processes for cleaning, cooking, hiring, restocking, checking food freshness and viability, and customer service. The process for hiring and firing was even laid out in a simple manner that allowed for a nearly constant flow of new employees. This could probably also be attributed to the high rate of people quitting from there because the work was surprisingly difficult for fast food. Although, for what they were paying, I think the work wasn't difficult enough. I admit, I did get stuck with nasty jobs like scrubbing the whole lobby or cleaning out the drains that had coagulated soda syrup in them. However, I also got a slew of easier jobs like putting the meals together, and sweeping. The customers were always really angry, and the shifts were ridiculously long, but I got a decent amount of money for how much I worked, so I didn't complain. I always suggest Panda Express to anyone looking for a job. I learned how to handle money, check vegetables for freshness, use a food thermometer, and scrub floors like a wizard. I'm sad I left.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
Unexpectedly mean customers
They are a good company
Counter Help/Cashier (Current Employee) –  California.February 2, 2017
Very busy place to work at company has high expectations, a lot of detail cleaning. They care a lot about their costumers. Great benefits for full time workers.
Good place to learn and advance
Back of the house cook (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 2, 2017
A lot of standing and moving is required. You can learn everything on the menu within 6 months of hard work and dedication. Management is awesome they work with you on schedule and are patient. The only time work is hard when your new and a rush hit or when you ran out of veggies during a rush.
Pros
free lunch and learning opportunities
Cons
N/A
Productive, fast pace, friendly environment
Staff management and inventory management (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 1, 2017
My experience with Panda Express was great, I've learned new things everyday, including things about myself. The most hardest part is trying everything you can do to make the customer happy, and they're still weren't satisfy. The most enjoyable part of work is getting all the cleaning duties done after the rush, and the day going smooth after the rush. The work culture at panda was always following the rules, staying cleaning, always smiling, and always welcoming the quest. The management was really great, always willing to do anything to help no matter what the situation is.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
One hour breaks, good benefits
N/a
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2017
It needed better management. First day ever working and they scheduled me for a double. Worked after 11 when I was a minor. Did not feel comfortable in the environment I was working in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Understaffed
Nice and easy job
Server/ cashier (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work is pretty simple alot of nice customers coming in and out. You would learn how to greet them and make their food. Also how to work the cash register. Work lace ususally stays clean unless a huge rush hit. the hardest part is cleaning after close, the mosy enjoyable part is the awesome crew they put together.
Always a good day at work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILJanuary 30, 2017
The days I would work, everyone greeted politely. I loved how positive everyone's attitude was towards other employees and our customers.
Pros
Free Lunches, small breaks.
Cons
No cons.
Management plays an enormous role
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 29, 2017
Employed by Panda for almost 3 years. Working your way up is a bit tricky as it all depends when an opportunity comes up. You are constantly visited by higher management (MUM, ACO, RDO) which can make life rather difficult and unnecessary.
Pros
Free Lunch, Health Care, Paid Vacations
Cons
great place to work and advance at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Panda is a good company to grow with and they are very flexible with school schedules and other life events. They are understanding and help each employee be the best they can be.
Pros
free lunches and holiday pay
Loved every minute of my time there.
Support Chef (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 26, 2017
As a support chef I was responsible for a lot of things, which kept me busy every second I was there. Time flew by as I completed many tasks throughout the day. I found that as the most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of tasks given to me daily to complete. I can't think of to many times that I didn't have anything to do. However the hardest part about the job is being put under the stress and pressure of working in a kitchen. The employees I worked with were all great and unique individuals. I loved every minute of my time there and would love to rejoin the Panda team one day.
Pros
Cooking experience, advancement opportunities, alot of work, a friendly environment, good pay, free food if you work a full shift, and health benfits
Cons
to much work for some people, a mix of either to much work or to little, separation of the front of the house employees and the back leads to unnecessary conflicts sometimes, and scheduling can be a problem depending on your manager
Summary
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Great to work at the one on corner in San Jose. Management ducks, nobody wants to do their job, they are scammer. They reel you in and then stop provide job time. Crazy
Pros
Free lunch, great coustomers
Cons
Management sucks, the way things need to fix before bigger things happen. Less sauce used on the food
great workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Northridge, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Great wokrplace. Be prepared to work weekends and many holidays. get to meet variety of people but overall great workpalce. no negative comments about workplace
Great people to work with
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. I learned a lot about supervising people and learning how to cash handle as well as count the money at the end of the shift.
terrible work environment
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 24, 2017
I worked multiple years at Panda. I didn't mind working when I started, but recently everything just flipped over. The work environment is terrible. Whenever an associate would complain to the manager, the manager would do anything about it. I felt like I had no say in anything. More than half the associates in my store got a write up for the silliest reason. I'd say eight write ups in one month. It's ridiculous. My manger has his favorites and if they forgot to do something, he wouldn't give them a write up.. he would simply ignore it. Not all associates are treated equally. It's very hard to use your sick hours. I spoke to my RDO about my manager and he didn't do anything about it. Management is terrible. Students work over 30 hours while attending school. My manger doesn't want to work on Sundays so he forces associates to work. My manager was barely at the store, he would leave for hours and come back after the rush and complain to his associates that the dinning room is dirty. Theres been multiple times where we were understaffed and the manager didn't do anything about it. Not to mention, my manager doesn't want to give me my raise after working six months, but he'll offer a new associate a two dollar increase to stay at Panda. So much disrespect from panda.
Pros
free employee meals while working
Cons
management, stressful, terrible work environment, late hours
very smart way to train the employees
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I learn a lot about customer service and a lot about Chinese culture, and how to improve your skills and I find a lot of opportunities to grown in the company. they constantly train you to became better and love your job and the most important thing they motived you with bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.