Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,441 reviews matching the search
Fun but stressful.
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTJune 9, 2017
You can make good money but it isn't worth it if you're not getting enough pay for what you do. I got hired as a lead counter but didn't get the wages of being a lead counter. And I do so much work and still get paid low.
Pros
Free food, high pay
Cons
Too many bad hires, stressful
Fun but also stressful
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 8, 2017
Panda is very high demand, depending who your team is, they keep you sane, other times, it is fun to work there. Customers can be kind and other times can be very cruel. But will learn a lot in the company that can benefit in the long run. It is a very easy job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful
N/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 8, 2017
went to deposit money every morning
greet customers
close shift
inventory
Previous Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WI 53217June 8, 2017
My overall experience at panda was good. I worked there for almost five years. They taught me how to be responsible, being a leader, take on new challenges,and self-discipline.
Pros
Experience new things and continue to grow
Fast passed
Lead Counter Helper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 8, 2017
I was a lead counter help. So you have to make sure everything is spotless, costumers that are dinning in are happy & even ask for refills. Very friendly environment.
Cons
short breaks
very productive and fun workplace with amazing food
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 8, 2017
This is a very fast paced enviroment with excellent food. I was able to experience the culture of the food and learned different was of serving food and making food as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short lunch
Racist
customer service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2017
If you are black do not work for this company. They do not like our kind. The things that I thought Panda stood for while working fro them is complete BS.
productive
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 6, 2017
Panda Express is a great company to work for under the right management. You get bonuses and raises very often. I learned that you have to be able to multi-task and to be very patient with not only custmers but coworkers as well.
Good working experience
General Manager IN TRAINING (Current Employee) –  State College, PAJune 6, 2017
Lead all or some People aspects of a Panda Express restaurant including hiring, training, coaching, and development. The revenue at that store was making average USD$ 4500 per day, after total costs, our team made over USD $3000 per day. It made us become top 5 revenues Panda Express Restaurant store in America.
Productive and fast paste work place
Cashier/ Greeter/ Server (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work would require several customers in and out, taking in person orders, phone orders and online orders. Working at panda I learned that working as a team is more effective and makes the process better and faster. If anyone was having a bad day we never took it out on the customers no matter how bad things got. The hardest part about the job is adjusting to everyones rapid attitude change and learning that people have bad days.
I love working with people regardless, i feel like no matter how bad someones day is, you can always make it better with just a simple smile or what not. I had regular customers which made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Definitely the free food, my manager was very positive and tried to help out for the most part
Cons
short breaks for long hours
stressful, and underpay
Cook (Former Employee) –  HIJune 6, 2017
very stress full workplace, not recommend to others,
under pay and too much things to do if you're in BOH.
growth is very difficult for the management doesn't
recognize your above and beyond effort. worked at this company for 3 years and half and their evaluation are bias. and if you do get one its not that much .50$ is their highest raise. and the hours is ridiculously long 9am to 11pm. I hope they'll change that.
Great place to work at.
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXJune 6, 2017
Great place to work at, super busy lots of work and really enjoyed it. I learned a lot , I cooked and cleaned. Not enough hours though. Everyone was very nice and professional
A great place to work
Kitchen Leader (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 6, 2017
One of the best jobs i ever had the pay was and the management was excellent i recommend this to anyone who wants to work in a fun professional atmosphere.
Ehhh
Assistant Front Manager (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TN 37075June 5, 2017
Love the food but the company is so unorganized. was told i could transfer easily but now im unemployed because i wanted to pursue my dreams by advancing my education in another state
Pros
food
Cons
unorganized
Great people, great support system
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2017
The coworkers are very helpful and supportive. The management works well with your life schedule and consideration of anything going on. They were all very understanding when you were new and messed up or didn't know something, they always were happy to help and teach.
Pros
Free lunch
fun environment
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 5, 2017
enjoyed working for the company was able to open three new stores in Richmond two years ago. Since then things have changed but overall the experience was great.
Pros
free meal every shift and great staff
Cons
wasnt able to have nail polish on, not being able to locate to different stores without hounding the management
Worked at Panda Express for years
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 4, 2017
Panda Express hires good people, I have always enjoyed my relationships with my coworkers. This company has a bigger mission than most fast food chains and it's heart is in the right place. They have higher expectations of employees at all levels, which is good and bad.
Pros
free lunch/ employee discount
Cons
long shifts or short ones nothing in between
This place is an awesome place to start if this is your first job .
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAJune 4, 2017
Many of the people who work here are postive and friendly . Each and everyone of these worker will make you feel welcome . The managers are very flexible with your schedule also .
Pros
Postive co-worker, energetic surrounding
Very fasr paced job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 2, 2017
You have to be very pro active. Its a great place to work at. Just keep busy and your day will go by very fast. Make sure that everything is stocked and ready to go for the next day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tough
Fast Paced Environment with good opportunities for advancement
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 2, 2017
Panda Express offers competitive wages and a challenging setting to test and help improve workers.
Shifts were divided into 10:00 am - 4:30 pm and 4:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Often times employees would be assigned to work for 10:00am - 10:30 pm resulting in working for 12hr days. Overall I enjoyed my time working for Panda Express as it helped me to cultivate the leadership skills and confidence to succeed in other areas.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good wages for a fast food restaurant.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.