Panda Express Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoy coming into work every day and making my associates and guests smile!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoy working with co-workers because those co-workers are the ones who actually do their job well and we work together as a team really well. My management has a biased respect for his/her employees and has favorites.
fast pace workplace
Cashier/Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2016
encountered different type of people. learned how restaurants work. learned different type of US money. first place i worked at in the states
Lacking of Respect but some good Co-workers
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day at work can be really good or really stressful and frustrating depending on the group of co-workers you're with. I really enjoy working with a few co-workers because those co-workers are the ones who actually do their job well and we work together as a team really well. My management has a biased respect for his/her employees and has favorites. An example of this would be just this last Sunday, my boss made yet another mistake on the schedule and scheduled one of our workers all day at another location and also all day at our location. Our store ended being very short handed not only in the front, but also in the kitchen. We were also very very busy that day and were unable to do our breaks. I tried calling in other workers but no one would answer and those that did couldn't come in. I called my boss, the call was rejected, and I was sent a message from my boss telling me to call someone else. I have been promoted to Lead Counter and that has given me more opportunities to learn how to cook as well as perform management duties such as inventory.
Pros
Free meal every time you work
Cons
Inability to take breaks when shorthanded and busy
Challanging and rewarding
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Managing Mid-West region (Indiana, Illinois and Iowa) while working on all aspects of entering into Canadian market including real estate, supply chain, construction, people planning including hiring and training, opening 7 restaurants in the first year.
Pros
Continous learning culture
Cons
Living in Chicago & Canada
The mangers do not know how to manget there employees properly
Cashier and Server (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 27, 2016
The manger rarely taught me anything I had to learn on my own.
The mangers speak on team work but they don't even show the team work effort.
The manger is way to friendly with some of the co workers and they show a lot of favoritism.
The hardest part of the job is that they put to much on me at once when sometimes its impossible to do , for example they will tell like 5-10 different things to do and expect for me to get in done in a flash.
The only enjoyable part at this job is communicating with the guest.
Pros
Eat free
Cons
shows favortism
Head Cashier
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Handle monetary transactions the majority of my shift. Assist with serving meals and beverages. Lead counter; calling foods when recognizing emptying of trays. Assist with inventory count once weekly, and Pepsi orders twice weekly.
Awesome!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 25, 2016
Enjoy coming into work every day and making my associates and guests smile! Recently became the General Manager and I love coming into work every day. The commute is a bit far but it is worth it.
Pros
Free food on breaks
A good place to work at for a College job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a cashier here at Panda Express. My Managers were really nice and they both were very flexible with scheduling since I was in school.
Very hard To Advance if you do not conform
Person-In-Charge (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2016
This company wants you to assimilate into its community like "The Borg". Asking questions and active learning is frowned upon and there is minimal room for advancement due to the lack of management consistency and retention rate. Its like a revolving door in and out of the company. I have yet to work with someone who is satisfied with the company.
Pros
Great opportunity to work with hard working people, who learn to successfully do their jobs no matter the obstacles.
Cons
Unjustifiable Management;Negatively driven corporation
fast pace environment with continuous growth
Lead Counter (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Face pace. Always continuously growing.Being proactive. Being responsible. Giving to the community. Guest love builders.
Pros
free food when it is your shift
Cons
depending on location, poor managment
Fun Place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 20, 2016
great place for high school students to work. It is a fun place to work at. Coworkers have great personalities. The atmosphere is awesome.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
short breaks
Quick Paced Work Enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Panda Express has taught me time management and prioritizing tasks because of the constant busy work environment. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed due to the high volume of customers encountered each hour. The best part about the job is the interaction with customers. Co-workers and management are easy to work alongside.
Pros
Free employee meal for each shift
Cons
Only managers can work 40+ hours a week
fun job but its not all that great
Host (Former Employee) –  Lake View Terrace, CAJanuary 20, 2016
you have a good time hosting and the come first but they don't promote you they don't care to give you rase. and you co workers are great but management is not so great
Great Environment to work in
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Panda Express. My Managers throughout the years were supportive and influential. Such a friendly environment.
great no experience needed job.
Front of house staff (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 19, 2016
typical beginners job. No experience needed. Very little pay Vs MANY hours of work to make ends meat. Company and food is great, management still working on things.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very little pay
Fun but Hard Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 18, 2016
Usually I go to work after class. I go in already knowing what needs to be done. Most of the team members get along well. My biggest concern is the management. I don't know how the promotional process goes, but I know a lot more new people were given promotions before the people that had been working there since the store's grand opening. We got plenty of breaks, and the job is not too hard. But the rules were not consistent across the board. It sort of felt like certain rules only applied to certain people, but I would blame that on the management. I liked my job, but I wish the management was more fair/unbiased.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Favortism, Stays open too late
Team work
PIC (Current Employee) –  Mason, OhJanuary 16, 2016
A usual work day included serving customer in a timely fashion as well as making the customers experience an excellent visit so that they return time and time again. I have learned many things from Panda Express such as how to speak with my peers so that we have a constant learning environment.
My co-workers and myself try our hardest to help everyone be the best person that they can be and encourage each other to learn new things so that we can be promoted. We value communication among ourselves so that we avoid friction between us and offer support.
The hardest part of the job is when someone is unable to work their shift and we are unable to find someone to cover the shift.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when everything runs smoothly and there are no complications. Over all this company is great to work for and we have a lot of fun.
Pros
We do get employee meals, give discounts to police and military. They have excellent medical and dental insurance.
Cons
Working 12 to 15 hour shifts and being short handed.
View on managment
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2016
Well I had an amazing time working for the company, but the manager and myself didn't see eye to eye which made it difficult to work with and it made me make the move of not working for them anymore.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Felt as maanger didnt like me
I'm a hard worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 15, 2016
I'm college student. I'm hard worker, never give up on any project and willing to learn something new and everyone in this company is very friendly
Pros
free food
fun productive place
FOH (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Great people to work with, a lot of diversity, you can also learn a whole lot working here. The mangement is overall ok. Not a lot of chances to be promoted unless your seriously on heels. The Most fun part is free food! eat as much as you want on breaks cause its free.
Pros
free food
Cons
not a lot of promotions