Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the search
Horrible Company to work for
Counter Help and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Panda thinks by offering good wages, bonus, and benefits that it will distract associates from the terrible management. The managers are not up to standard. Majority of the management is corrupt and incapable of conducting themselves in a business setting. Most managers or even district managers are incapable of sending out a professional e-mail. I honestly could not take this job seriously for the simple fact that I felt more educated and qualified than the staff that was hired above me.
Fun palce to work
HOSTESS/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Friendly coworkers, good management, clean place, employee bonus, free meal, fun meeting regular and new customers, uniform provided, Mystery Shopper program, reward fro employee for their good work
Pros
Free meals
Cons
distance from my home
Fun while it lasted
Cook helper (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 13, 2017
Typical work day would be sometimes stressfull due to lack of teamwork.
Management was good until GM was replaced.
I really enjoyed cooking Chow meng and fried rice😊
Pros
Free meals and great benefits
Cons
Wasted food
fun work place
cook (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Typical work day can be very stresfull. Depending on your shift it can get very busy and the pressure is on to get everything cooked out in time. girls can get cranky
Very fun environment to work in.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, wisconsinFebruary 12, 2017
I only worked there for a short period, but when i was there, i had a very good time. The people are friendly, nd very willing to teach, if you have questions.
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 12, 2017
It was a great place to work. Management was a little on the strict side but otherwise, was fantastic. Was all around a great company to work for. We cleaned and organized the majority of the day when we weren't cooking or serving. I learned how to make chow mien. It was a good learning experience.
Pros
Free meals
not a good time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 10, 2017
had terrible time communicating with manager he was never around. there was no time to get one on one communication with manager
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no breaks very busy
Stringent and prepared.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 9, 2017
Panda Express has strict rules and regulations that are a must to abide by. Working here I learned that having a strict system, whether it be regarding customer service or cooking the food, helps the day run smoothly and helps prevent disorder. I typical day at work is busy and consists of delivering great customer service as well as delectable food. I enjoyed the manner in which corporate as well as management treated their employees.
always great food and easy going place.
LEAD COUNTER (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 8, 2017
a typical work day consisted of constant cleaning and food prep with lots of dishes to be washed and cooked.
i always learned something new from cutting and making seasonal dishes.
management is the best here. easy going managers and supervisors.
the hardest part of the job was keeping foods fresh and dishes washed.
the most enjoyable part of my job was working with awesome coworkers and creating a relationship with loyal costumers.
Pros
free food, unlimited drink station, great pay and benifits
Cons
hard work. fast pace environment
Chaotic and hardly worth the compensation
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I have worked at Panda for almost six months now and I have had to fight hours every step of the way. Managers are extremely picky but never assist in tasks. The environment itself is extremely chaotic and stressful.
Pros
Free food and base pay of $10/hr.
Cons
Poor management and stressful environment
Panda Express
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I love the company just looking for work life balance. The company is a great place to work, you learn a lot from the people that are there. They also send you to train at different places.
Good way to earn money, albeit with lackluster management at the corporate level
Lead Counter/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Everything about Panda Express is well above average for a food-service type job. I enjoyed the majority of the people I worked with, from co-workers on a similar pay scale as me to the different managers that I worked with. The opportunities for advancement are available, however, the management at the regional and higher up corporate levels is often lacking. They do not support stores the way they need to, especially new General Managers. On that same idea though, most of the GM's that I interacted with seemed very invested in their jobs and genuinely cared about their stores and employees.
Pros
Free meals when working, fun-fast paced environment, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Corporate cares about corporate and the company as a whole, rather than focusing on developing a culture within stores to make hourly employees care more.
Not fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 6, 2017
They burned me and electrocuted me, when this happened I was not allowed to file any type of paperwork about it. Most of the people who work there are good but never met the owner and regional manager is not nice. Pay is okay but very hectic.
Fun Work Environment
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 6, 2017
They were very flexible with the schedule. Trained me well and fast. Fun fast paced environment. Also they make it really easy to advance and move up positions if you work hard.
Fun place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Job is not really reliable. Management is always to do everything to save money. Work is under pay and some employees is always compalianing.
It was fun and rewarding.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNFebruary 5, 2017
The job kept me as financially stable as a teenager could be. It was fun and interesting. Coming into work was easy and unstressful.
Pros
Money and breaks
Cons
Busy
good place to start working
Server (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 5, 2017
a typical day at work is greeting customers while they walk through the door, cleaning, restocking utensils and making sure food is at the right temperature.
unhealthy environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 4, 2017
unstable schedule, always short people, managers need to do everything as overworking but not match the pay rate. high standard for everything but not applying to caring about people. the company always declare about caring people but which is not. you need to know how to talk instead of how to work. you need to know how to brush the brand of panda express instead of truly care about the customers. no life work balance. if you are the manager , lot of times you need to work for 7 days which you cant stay with your family
Pros
free meal, quick promotion
Cons
unhealthy environment, traditional chinese environment
productive
Kitchen Help/Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2017
It was a good experience, just very time consuming at times. The job consisted of cutting vegetables. I also working under pressure,provided excellent customer service, and Assisted with stocking and inventory
Stressful workplace
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
They provided a lot of opportunities to grow but also a lot of pressure to make sure you can reach their goals. It's a great place to work if you are really want to grow in the restaurant industry, but if you are looking for a part-time job then I wouldn't recommend this.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.