Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 23, 2015
Panda Expres taught me how to work with money, use the register open and close registers, how to take debit and credit cards how to take large orders that are like 300 dollars or more and how to drop that money in the safe. Panda has taught me how to keep my environment clean but at the same time be on the register and take orders at the same time.. it also taught me how to move in a fast pace.
No work life balance at all
Cashier, Server, Kitchen Help/Food Prep, Cook (Current Employee), Patterson, CAMay 23, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks, stressful job for minimum wage, no work/life balance
If management starts to slack off, it will be effect the crew and make them work harder for it. No work life balance. Closing shift means you get off once all work is done. working 35 hours a week and I am part time. Enjoyable part are the crew
short breaks, low bonuses and terrible hours
sales associate (Current Employee), ontario, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: short breaks and not so good hours
A typical day is busy a lot of fast paced work and constant moving around. My co workers are great. We all get along and work well with each other. my overall experience at Panda Express has been a great learning experience.
Well Paying Job, Horrible place to work at
Counter Help (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: bad management and conflicts
A typical day at work is similar to any restaurant jobs, it will be busy. You learn and improve customer service skills because there are always rude and angry customers. You learn to be patient and resolve problems throughout the day.
Co- Workers, if you all get along, are good to be around with because as a team, we help each other get through the day. We work as a team to get things done or help – more... each others solve things one of us does not know how to do.
The hardest part of the job is to maintain your cool when a person is yelling at you and insulting you or when a co-worker does not want to work. Also, going to school and being able to fit their schedule needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone gets along and can joke around sometimes. Also the management tries to be flexible.
The management though is awful. They try to be professional but are terrible at it. Their main focus is treating the guest with love and kindness, which is good, but treats the employees bad. The GM of the Lima Rd. store treats everyone awful that it makes everyone feel put down. She will show you that she is nice but after a few months she treats you badly if you don't do everything she says. If you ask for a few days off because of whatever reason she takes off more than you asked for as a punishment and does it continually every week.
Many employees there are still working at Panda because they are college students and need money or because of rent, but many have said that if it wasn't for that reason they would leave because the majority of the people at Panda now hate working for Panda because of management. – less
Panda Express
Counter Help (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMay 18, 2015
For a fast food restaurant Panda Express starts off pay pretty good and you get a raise every 6 months plus bonus. Pretty flexible with hours. Good benefits for full time employees, no benefits for part time employees.
Bad management
Cook (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free Meals
Cons: Bad management
The management at the Panda Express store that I worked for was terrible. The managers would rarely follow protocol. They were also constantly choosing their favorite employees as well as giving them days off and hours they wanted. I was always forced to work the evening shift every weekend because no one else wanted to.
Meh
Sales representative (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free meal per work day.
Cons: Hot environment to work, lift a lot of heavy things, shifts in the middle of the day, closing side work tasks are too tiring.
Don't really have much to say about them, like any other regular job at a mall's food court, it was monotonous, long shifts that occupied the middle of your day (so you could not do much before or after the shifts). The closing duties were very tiring and time consuming, I remember always getting home too tired for anything else after having to clean the whole kitchen and service area. Other than that, it is like any other starting job I guess, not meant for you to be in them for too long...
Great place to work!
Counter Help (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, good hours depending on location
Cons: None
I'd make 35 hours a week, and for those making over 30 hours a week get to enroll into health insurance, eat on your break for FREE, fun work environment, the time flies by when its busy.
Hectic workplace
Cashier & Server (Former Employee), Studio City, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No freedom of expression, Everything is scripted
The company offers benefits and competitive pay. It is great experience. Be aware that most managers are related to the owner of the company which definitely has its down sides.
Management Issues.
Customer Service Leader/Management (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 14, 2015
Cons: to many issues to address here in this region.
Not please here in this region working at Panda Express. Does not meet mission or values. Alot of management issues to address.
I'm guessing you don't want to hear about Panda Express as much as my cleaning job with Janpro.
Maintenance worker/ Janitor (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great boss, Great work environment
Cons: Working alone 99% of the time
It was fun, my boss was an amazing person. He understood if I couldn't make it to work because of emergencies that would happen and he was very flexible with my schedule. I worked at 3 different locations, usually cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, offices, and dining halls/conference rooms. I learned a lot about cleaning procedures, and how to use a few different cleaning machines. I didn't really have any coworkers, I just went to the 3 buildings I cleaned and did my job then left. The hardest part of my job was probably the fact I had to drive to 3 different locations that weren't located that close together, but even then I did not mind. The most enjoyable part was getting good reviews from the buildings I cleaned.
Good place to work as part time on campus
Food Server (Former Employee), Clemson, SCMay 12, 2015
It is a good place to work as part time on campus. Free food and drink for employees, and get a good chance to talk to Clemson University fellows.
A very fast pace job with friendly employees.
Customer Service (Former Employee), 1740 S Robert St, West St Paul, MN 55118May 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Good breaks, and Positive atmosphere.
Cons: HealthCare
Greet customers with a bright smile and deal with customer complaints and satisfy their needs. Co-workers were always positive and friendly. The hardest part about the job was when there is a lunch/dinner rush, but with the help of team work everything goes by smoothly and quickly. The most enjoyable part about Panda Express is hearing customers compliment the speed and neatness of my work.
Great environmnet created by workers
Counter Help (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Short Breaks
Got to serve customers as well as maintain a clean dining experience for customers. On occasion i would prepare food if the chefs needed help.

I got to learn how to place orders and handle customer complaints while also learning how to efficiently use materials

Coworkers were great people who helped me learn everything I could very quickly.

Hardest part of working there was learning all the recipes for all the different foods and being able to efficiently make them.
Hard long days of work, but the pay was worth it
Cook (Former Employee), Nrth Charleston, SCMay 12, 2015
I usually started my day cooking making fried rice, which was kind of easy. The job started to get hard when there is a big rush especially when the front is low on food. The hardest part of working at Panda is the long hours i use to work from 10am-10pm.
Day at Panda
Server (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Fun, short hour
Cons: heavy, competitive
Server one of the most demanding job. have to force to smile even though you hae a bad days. working at Panda Express is not easy. Strong and Quick at doing things is a must or you will slow down your co worker or make your costumer unsatisfied. Co-workers at panda is very Competitive but it is fun to work with them because they know when to get serious and when to joke around. It is one of the hardest part time job but it is also the most fun environment to work on.
Constant movement, faced paced environment with lots of culture
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee), Highland, INMay 11, 2015
Pros: great pay, great team work, cultured environment
Cons: long shifts, higher standards for a fast food environment
Panda Express is a Company built around Growth and People Development. With the constant want to improve the work life and better customer satisfaction, it is an overall great place to work. There is always something new to learn, or help yourself as a worker and a person to grown.
Cutting benefits and pay
GM (Former Employee), chicagoMay 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no work life balance, 50+ hours a week, bad upper management, no weekends off.
Executives cutting cost and benefits are more important than employee moral. Company talk a good game plan but never execute it. Executives never walk their own talk.
Good college job
Lead Counter (Former Employee), Chico, CAMay 10, 2015
It was a good job while going to school and finishing my degree. Raises are few and far between however, even if you are a spectacular employee.
Family oriented and fun enviornment
Cashier/Counter Leader (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAMay 10, 2015
Great food and wonderful environment to work in. The atmosphere was welcoming and so was the people who came and dine-in. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the customer satisfaction about how great the food was.

About Panda Express

Panda Restaurant Group, parent company of Panda Inn, Panda Express and Hibachi-San, is dedicated to creating happiness. Whether – Read more

Panda Express Salaries