Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

Productive and well rounded environment
Counter help/Cashier (Former Employee), Selma, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No health benefits for part time employee
This was the place I enhanced my customer service greatly. This job taught me how to multitask and still do everything in the correct manner.
very clean, busy, professional, and productive.
cashier/ server (Former Employee), Modesto caMay 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
panda express was a profession job, coworkers were nice and the place was run smooth. I learned to deal with costumers in a professional manner and how to be more independent.
great environment and guests service
General Manager (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: My boss always changing my associates on me
Very busy so being proactive is essential. Manage time so the flow of the service is great and co-worker are happy in order to provide great customer service.
Fun
Head Cook (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 6, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: salary, benefits
Working for Panda is fun, but I am ready to do something different with my life and move foward with something that I actually want to do
Best Asian Good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Happy Valley, ORMay 5, 2015
Pros: For student while attending to school, only part time.
Cons: not for recommend for who need long term full time.
I've learned how to cook different entrees and learned how to cut veggies as well as listed procedures. Plus, I also learned how to organize things more efficiently and effectively for others and know how to catch different moods, personality by words from co-workers or customers, so that is helping me to communicate with other employees for good attitude and progress the company's business to be positive.
Good Entry Level for Food Industry
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), North TexasMay 3, 2015
Pros: free meals, 20% employee discount, insurance, 401K
Cons: advancement still limited
All and all, good starting pay compared to other food chain restaurant, raise is available every 6 months depends on performance. Good working environment for hourly employee. Yet, advancement beyond General Manager position is limited and/or difficult due to favorability and the politics between higher position managers within and between regions.
WORKING AND BEING STEADY
COOK/PREP (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 1, 2015
COMING IN AND START GETTING THE LINE READY FOR THE BUSNIESS AND FOR THE CUSTOMER YOU GOT TO BE FAST AND QUICK BECAUSE GOT TO BE READY ON TIME FOR OPENING YOU GOT A HOUR TO GET SET UP EVERYTHING MUST BE READY BY 11 O'CLOCK
Busy place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZMay 1, 2015
Pros: good food
Cons: management is horrible
Panda Express is a good place to work because it has good food & it's fast pace. I have learned a lot of knowledge about Panda Express and how this business is ran. They do need to fix the management because it is horrible because the biggest issue would be the scheduling. The scheduling is all over the place. Plus when your part time they put you on a full time schedule. Scheduled to open until closing time. Also, working with one another is the only thing I enjoyed because we all could connect on so many levels and help each other out when we needed help.
The GM was rude and cut hours a lot
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Surprise, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: got hours cut a lot and bad managers. bad gm, bad pay, bad everything
I'm a pretty hard worker and working at panda express is a pretty demanding job. The assistant managers while some were pretty cool, others were so full of themselves and make you do things you're not really expected to do, and one even came in to work high and completely drunk. She just slept in the back.
Changing the pans can be a little difficult, but it's not too bad, except when you burn your – more... hand on the scalding hot water and the managers don't care about it and keep you working. They were never good at scheduling. Changing the schedule in the middle of the work week without telling you and expecting you to magically know what time you're supposed to come in and writing you up for not being there. I was in school and the only thing I told my boss that I would need off was at least 1 day every month I had an lock in for show choir. which are scheduled months in advance and I would let him know and he would disregard it. also concerts which are basically one of the only grades in choir would be scheduled at the beginning of the year and he still ignored it causing conflicting schedules with my school and work.

Overall just not a practical place to work while you're in school. – less
work hard... play hard...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), KState UnionApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Store periodic and Quarterly Bonus
Cons: Camplus location short hours during (spring, summer and christmas) breaks
My typical day at my work is making sure in the morning that i have everything ready, from my associates down to my supplies. I make sure to do a pre-shift meeting and informing each of them our goal for the day before we get busy in the day. I make sure every one of my team will perform there assigned task and follow my lead so we will not fall behind.
The challenging part of my job is when one of your associate called-in and you dont have enough associate/people to work in a particular day.
But what really matters at the end of the day is our Sales. We get more sales the chances to get bonuses.
Face pace work environment
Counter Help (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAApril 28, 2015
A very busy and fast pace working environment. Co-workers are always giving a helping hand, teamwork is much needed. I learned how to multitask, time efficient, cook, use registers, cash handling, drive thru, customer service, small tasks such as cleaning, opening, & closing store. Hardest part of the job is learning to work in a busy & fast pace environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and customers.
stressful environment with constant competition
Team Member (Former Employee), Parker, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch, not difficult
Cons: stressful
This job had okay opportunities and no benefits but the schedule wasn't consistent and management lacked patience with new employees.
a lot of work
assistant manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: all the panda you can eat
Cons: to many rules
it requires a lot of team work, multi-tasking you have to be able to work well with others. it is a great company you put in long hours and long days . i wish the breaks work longer . its better if you learn the front of the house and the back of the house . not all the pandas have a drive thru. learning to prep all veggies and make our own sauce
A company who stands for their values
General Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch/dinner, awesome bonus system, generous company
Cons: work/personal life balance is tough
Great company. Deeply rooted in their core values. Easy to advance, and has a great work environment. The training process is great.
Panda express review
Cashier/Line Server (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDApril 20, 2015
Panda Express is a good company, like with any other company theres glitches and situation but I enjoyed working there and would reccommend it to a family/friend.
good team, good managers and fast service
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 18, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: Short Breaks, Healthcare
flexible hours
team work
friendly people
nice costumers
• I was hired as a server, but promoted to shift leader in 2 months because of my hard working ethic
• Handled all incoming phone orders
• Maintained preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition
• Baked, roasted, broiled and steamed meats, fish, vegetables
• Ensured proper operation of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment
• Sterilized ,cleaned and inspected the entire kitchen and dining areas
productive and responsible
counter help and cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2015
In panda express I started as a counter help and then my manager assigned me to be a cashier and he would love when I was a cashier because he said that I'm very good at cash handling.
Easy to learn
Waitress (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 16, 2015
Excellent place to learn a variety of skills. Great for young grads willing to work very hard to learn quickly. Easy work.
WORST JOB EVER
Counter Help (Former Employee), Harvey, LAApril 13, 2015
Management is horrible, Coworkers are great but always in altercations with one another. Pay sucks. Promise you a certain pay & never give it to you. Managers don't care. Food is good though.
panda express
Front of the house Server (Former Employee), Clinton, UTApril 12, 2015
Pros: free food good pay
Cons: long hours
Lots of cleaning, long hours, and depending where you work coworkers are the same everywhere you have good and bad ones. good luck!

About Panda Express

Panda Restaurant Group, parent company of Panda Inn, Panda Express and Hibachi-San, is dedicated to creating happiness. Whether – Read more

Panda Express Salaries