Panda Express Employee Reviews

Found 1,351 reviews matching the search
it a good place for experiance
cashier (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 22, 2017
you can learn a lot working at panda. it teaches you self control and how to handle certain situation, this job is not easy but it builds character. it also give u opportunities to meet new people considering a lot of people travel sometimes to just get panda.
It's a hard first job
Kitchen and Counter help (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZApril 21, 2017
When I first started it was great and I loved everything about it but as time progressed a lot of things changed including new procedures which were hard to remember to do. I have a lot of friends who work at different pandas and we all complain about the management. It is very hard to trust our bosses with their false promotion promises
Pros
Free lunch, you build a bond with your coworkers
Cons
10 minute breaks, False Promotion Promise, We were always busy
Great employer
Mainly work as line cook (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRApril 20, 2017
Good place to start a carrer. Not so good to lern basics of cooking due the inability of managers to teach correcly. Besides that is exelent place to lern how use a knife, wok and keping a kitchen clean.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Random shifts
Terrible Place to Work
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be being left alone as soon as we would open because the PIC would have to run the money to the bank. Run drive thru and front of house for about an hour before another person comes in or the PIC returns. I learned that nobody helps drive thru and if the back of house doesn't feel like cooking then they won't unless you ask them two or three times. If its something that has to be fried than they will tell you to do it yourself. When it gets slow, you will have to clean the entire parking lot and scrap gum off the sidewalk. The hardest part of the job was putting a smile on your face through it all. The most enjoyable was the free food before, during, or after work.
Pros
Free lunches, Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks or No Breaks, Extra Work Responsibilites
Good job
Counter helper (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 20, 2017
Panda was great at first, it was something I enjoy doing ? But as time went everything went into a hole, the management is bad !!!!!!! Horrible!!! They take advantage of you !! Never thank you for nothing good you do ! Bad bad bad !!
Great place to work but needs to work on team building
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLApril 19, 2017
I love working here but I have been with the company with over a year and half. The company says that they are big on growing their team members and having them move up in the company. Every time I have asked to be trained or learning everything for PIC. They push it back and back. I have taken on everything on and more with the locate I'm at.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorktown, VAApril 19, 2017
Excellent and safe work place, compensation, benefits and bonus are great.
Team work, trust and following leader is something that you can not found anywhere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fair Breaks
Good First Job
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 19, 2017
If you've never worked before,Panda Express is a good place to start. You have numerous opportunities for growth, and the starting pay is pretty good.
hard work for $9
Rice/lo mein cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 19, 2017
This job was seriously one of the hardest kitchen jobs i've ever had. Between rice prep, Lo mein, veggie prep, dishes, and closing duties, by the time you get home you feel exhausted. On call 7 days a week and shift from 10a - 12a
welcoming workplace with plenty of support
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  9211 Clairmont mesaApril 19, 2017
typical work day would be getting to your area and making sure everything is there and restocked, making sure you are updated with daily goals and set new ones. management is always helpful and very hands on. the culture there is really inspiring and motivating .
Pros
benefits from first day hire, bonus for all associates, flexible hours especially for students and parents.
Cons
demanding of a lot of your time of available, constant changing in environment by MUMs, and area coaches.
Great for Quick Work
Counter Help. Reference (Current Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDApril 18, 2017
Panda Express has multiple people working there and usually is able to give days off if requested far enough in advance. Pay is good and coworkers tend to work well together. Occasional fights with manager as he doesn't entirely see eye to eye. Constant female teenagers are hired but non others.
Spend most of the time serving food, greeting customers, taking payments, and cleaning. Sometimes have to stay later than scheduled to complete duties. Not ideal for temporary workers.
Pros
Employee Meal, Great Pay, Fast Learning, Socialize
Cons
Coworkers don't always work well together, always around teenagers
Always busy
great customer service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 18, 2017
At Panda Express it was always busy and I was always doing something. On a typical day I would be serving food to people non-stop until break. My coworkers were pretty nice and taught me a few tricks.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
It's a really good job too have
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXApril 18, 2017
This company is a very good company to work for...they're very helpful with school and everything is also trying to better you for your future they also try to work around your schedule
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
There's no con you have everything you need here..
hard place to work
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2017
My coworkers create a fun work environment while also being very productive. The pay is quite exceptional, I've been working here 6 months and have already received a raise for good performance. The manager is very fair and reasonable with the schedule, she has worked around my schedule. The job itself is enjoyable, my store is very busy …
panda
cook (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 17, 2017
i cook fried rice and chow mein. i was a dish washer to and my manager like how i work. was always in time and uniform. my co worker was nice and never had no complain.
Great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 17, 2017
Positive vibes, great people and flexible place to work at. Always welcoming to new employee's! There was nothing hard about this place, but if you ever got a question my co-workers would always have a hand out to help. Great place to work!
Positive Vibes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 17, 2017
I liked the team work in all the work areas and the fun it was to learn as I was working. They are very clean and have such a positive vibe in the work place, always happy and smiling.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
lack of Hours
Fast paced environment
Restaurant Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2017
A typical day at Panda is clock in, count money, wash your hands, make sure food is prepared and start serving food to customers. You learn how to use the cashier and how to deal with people. The hardest part of the job was the management of the store and the most enjoyable was seeing happy customers.
Pros
Free lunches
flexible work schedule
Kitchen-helper (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAApril 14, 2017
Flexible work schedule and free lunch and drink for employee. Manager was really nice and flexible. Work environment is a fast pace when hit pit hours.
Pros
free lunch and drink
Cons
food odor
Fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to greet every customer who walks in and then proceeding to serve them with a smile. It is a fast paced environment with plenty of training with opportunities to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Express. Our community is ready to answer.