Panda Express Employee Reviews in United States

It's okay
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 23, 2016
Employees are fun, but for my position it's a lot for one person. They expect a lot out of the individual and don't like learning from trial and error, they prefer perfection the first time or the opportunity for advancement shrinks.
Pros
Free Plate
Cons
Its torture
Unprofessional
Server (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZApril 9, 2016
Managment was unprofessional, employees were always going threw my bag when I wasn't around and I only found out it was them because I caught one of them one time taking my belongings from my bag. Management was horrible, played favorites.
Fast-paced work environment
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAApril 16, 2016
If you enjoy a fast-paced restaurant work environment, Panda Express is probably one of the best places to start. Completely reliant on teamwork with co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches, co-workers
Cons
inconsistent schedules
Terrible management but an okay place to work
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2016
I liked working at Panda when I first started, but we got a new manager who is not very good at their job. We are always short on things because they don't do inventory well. My schedule as well as others I've talked to are messed up often, which would explain why I'm asked if I can come in to work almost every time I have a day off. There is just too much you are required to do and not enough time to do it. Everyone in the front has to help people in the back because the work isn't divided equally at all. The only good part is you get free food, but after a while it's just not worth it. Our manager makes us do things their way, which is usually inefficient and not the way I was originally shown by my first manager. And there are visits to our store by higher up manager often and our manager freaks out that everyone has to have everything perfect which makes those days and the day before awful to work because there's so much extra to do.
Pros
Free Food, decent pay
Cons
bad management, stressful days, constantly asked to cover shifts
Dine in fast food, fast growing Chinese restaurant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 29, 2016
Busy fast pace work environment with opportunities to advance. Lots of opportunity for cross training at different stations in the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches and discounts!
Cons
Eight hour maximum work day.
Very Nice
Front of the House service staff (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 25, 2016
Very Nice job culture and friendly management. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and experience that i gained from working at the establishment
Pros
Hands On Learning
Cons
Stressful, Short Breaks
Kitchen Help (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLApril 8, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customers face of enjoyment when they bite into something I prepared for them; I learned to just do my job and the rest will fall into place.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay
Cons
great and rewarding volunteer experience
Person In Charge (PIC) (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 16, 2016
I had a great time working with Al's pals. You only work one day a week but it was the highlight of my week. I recommend any UA student to take advantage of the opportunity.
fun productive place
FOH (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 14, 2016
Great people to work with, a lot of diversity, you can also learn a whole lot working here. The mangement is overall ok. Not a lot of chances to be promoted unless your seriously on heels. The Most fun part is free food! eat as much as you want on breaks cause its free.
Pros
free food
Cons
not a lot of promotions
Area manager was incompetent
GM (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 18, 2016
area manager lazy and had favorites, always late, was never clear

with expectation until his boss visited

working so many hours to be put down by area manager

never ending put downs
Cons
bad area manager
Just Eh
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2016
It's fast food so you really shouldnt expect much. They do have very high cleaning standards so thats a plus. But its a very stressful job that will take full advantage of you.
Pros
free food
Cons
very little work/life balance
Panda
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 29, 2016
One thing that I miss about working at Panda is the employees and management. They're really friendly people. I feel like a part of another family every time I walk into Panda. The manager and assistant manager is also very nice people. They help out their employees whenever they can. I learned a lot from them too. A typical day at Panda will be going to work and start on the dishes because only one worker there is responsible for washing it all and sometimes they're busy to wash everything. I wash the dishes until the front calls for fried rice or chow mein. Then, I would start on those until I'm done then back to the dishes. It's simple and repetitive. The hardest thing about the job is during rush hours, especially when I'm working in the back alone. I have to cook the chow and fried rice (also white rice) while setting and flipping the teriyaki chickens on the grill. I have to check if we have enough clean dishes and if we don't, I have to wash it for the cook. Other than that, it's a fairly simple job.
Pros
Free meals, great management
Cons
Hours
Difficult and hardwork
Food Preparation Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 20, 2016
If you are passionate in working in the kitchen you will enjoy this job but I found it to be stressful. Management is horrible to the core and advancement is very limited.
Fast-paced and people-oriented company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2015
Panda Express pays a competitive rate and has great benefits and advancement opportunities. Because of this, and the success of the company, the expectations for its workers tend to be higher than your average fast food establishment. The work at Panda Express is not to be taken lightly, but it is perfect for people who do not shy from hard work, have great interpersonal skills, and an eye for detail.
Pros
Free food on break, insurance (dental, vision, health, and life), 401(k), 20% friends and family discount, advancement opportunities, 6 mo. review raises.
Cons
high expectations, work nights/weekends/holidays.
neat and its clean
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 1, 2016
great people to work with awesome place to be fast pace I enjoy the people I work with and as well as the people who come in always positive attitudes. hardest part of my job would be nothing I enjoy everything
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 18, 2016
Helping customer
Serve food
Ring customer up
I have learned how to cook when it was not busy at the time.
The hardest part for me was travel, because I did not a car to travel yet, but now I am driving.
Fun environment an great way to experience life changing oppurtunities!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
Experienced a great opportunity in growing with the company over a short amount of time. Worked with great training leaders an acquired skills that helped me excel as a Manager.
Stressful work enviroment
Kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 9, 2015
When I worked at Panda Express my manager was very rude and lacked manners and common courtesy every week we had a different employee quitting. I tried to help out as much as could training every one who came in behind me the right and effective way to help in a kitchen. I needed more help for the simple fact is I couldn't do everything alone, because the other workers were very new to the work environment and a little childish.
Pros
The older staff was very helpful excluding management.
Cons
Healthcare, shortn breaks
Not a very good restaurant and very poor treatment to the eployees
Cook (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 24, 2016
Its a good job but the management is very poor. The employees can take care of the restaurant alone but management cannot make up their minds and don't keep a stable work environment
Great first job!
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 24, 2016
This job was extremely good, just long stressful days. The hours are bad with barley at time off. Management was decent but not great.
Pros
Good pay, free lunch
Cons
bad managment, bad time managment, long stressful days!!