Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

How was the job in general
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIJanuary 21, 2018
It was a pretty great job, overall, but of course not every job is easy it has its ups and downs depends on the person working there. But overall nice
Pros
Benefits, good work environment, and nice pay
Cons
If you're a slow person this is not a job for you
Great Place to Work
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Panda Express is a wonderful place to work if you like customer service type jobs. The management is great and the most General Mangers are well trained for their positions. You will have a great time work at a Panda Express near you.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Occasional bad employees/ customers
Productive and Professional
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COJanuary 20, 2018
Typical day consisted of communicating with customers and staff to ensure accurate and efficient delivery of goods. Also in charge of stocking and cleaning to keep workplace ready for next shift. Must regularly check food holding temps for buffet style service.
i dont remember
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 20, 2018
i cant remember enough to give a review but from what i do it was ok not much going slow paced . the people were nice and very friendly they took there time in training me.
Pros
you get tips
Cons
you cant keep them
Fast paced,fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2018
It's a good place to eat.I would recommend people to go eat there and work there.Its a really good place to take your family to go eat and your friends.
Pros
Free lunches
Terrible Management
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Management was terrible, no supervisor on duty, lack of team work, workers are not professional, workers were rude, too uptight. Management was never there only about 1-2 days and then management would be gone for the whole week.
Management is horrible
Counter Help and cashier (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDJanuary 18, 2018
I've worked at a couple of different panda expresses before just to get more hours and in each one had a horrible manager. They either don't help their employees, aren't there, or just standing around on their phones. The only reason I'm still working here is because I haven't found a new job yet. Regular employees are made to do things that only managers do and still don't get a pay raise. Managers have a habit of disappearing for hours without telling anyone so when a manger is needed they are nowhere to be found and problems occur. The breaks make no sense a 10 minute and a 30 minute break why can t there be just two 20 minute breaks especially if you only work 5 hours and cant get a 30 minute break.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
breaks are too short
Team work is everything.
Counter Help/ Cashier Handler (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91506January 18, 2018
Panda Express has taught me a lot about manage skills such as multitasking. Because I was in charge of cash handling in both the dine-in and drive thru, I was responsible for making sure my fellow associates and I are not over or short in cash. It was a very challenging job but I could have not done it without my co-workers lending me a helping hand every time I needed it. In conclusion, my overall work experience at Panda Express was amazing and would not think twice of referring anyone who would like to be a part of the Panda Express team.
Decent working enviornment
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Orem, UT 84058January 18, 2018
Hard to work with manager. Scheduling was off weekly. Worked on days I couldn't work. Got written up for letting the manger know I couldn't work on a day I was scheduled.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Scheduling changes weekly.
It was just a job
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJanuary 18, 2018
There was nothing particularly special about working at Panda Express. The food quality was above average, and the restaurant I worked at had good management and employees.
Pros
Free food

Want to know more about Panda Restaurant Group?

Ask a question
Cross trained (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 18, 2018
I've gotten a lot of team work experience of this job because when it gets busy, the team needs to communicate so we can keep the restaurant running smoothly
work
Front Counter Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2018
The Panda Express that I worked for was located in the mall, and that was the most difficult part about the job.. that mall was always busy so the line was never ending so the only time you were able to get away from the line was to get a 30 min break time before you return back to your station.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short break, long line
Stressful, but interesting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 17, 2018
May experience degrading and disrespect from customers AND staff. Generally an easy job and you learn to cook as well as other customer service skills.
Pros
Free lunch if you work, discounts, pretty good health/dental/vision insurance plans.
Cons
Not guaranteed a break etc.
work load
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2018
They uphold the highest expectation because of the high pay.
You get many visits from your bosses and even visits from the owner.
store must be clean at all time including the smallest details like the trash cans. because of the workload it is difficult to retain associates.
determination and hard work can result in large bonuses
if you like fast paced job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJanuary 17, 2018
the job is a little more fast paced. it gets busy a lot. you restock and clean throughout the day whether its busy or not. Once the season slow down your hours get cut, the co workers are nice.
Pros
free lunch, discount, hours sometimes, pay
Cons
hour cuts, favortism, busy hours
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CA 92260January 17, 2018
This was my very first job, and definitely did not enjoy it at all. its a very stressful place to work at and you have a bit too many responsibilities
for such a small amount of pay rate.
Productive and Developing place to work.
Assistant Manager/Shift Leader/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Anybody can't just work at Panda. If you can't handle the heat, get out the kitchen. You need to have a friendly and inviting smile and personality. Customers attitude are to much at times. It's very fast paced and involves a lot of patience, multi-tasking, organization, and cleaning. This is a job that also help you develop and find yourself, by taking a bigger responsibilities and promotions. Bigger pay compared to most American Chinese/ fast food restaurants.
Builds character
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 16, 2018
They have exceptional standards when it comes to the resturant. Everything must be super clean and run very well. Good place to work to build character.
Depends
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Very Good Benefits
Get free food on your breaks
Have to pay for a new uniform
management is rude depends on the store you are at
Customers are friendly
Coworkers are cool
Pros
Free lunch and benefits
Cons
managers
panda is not for everyone.
Panda Express (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJanuary 15, 2018
I like panda because there is always work to be done. it keeps you on your toes at all times, and it's a very fast paced working environment. A day at work consists of prepping food, washing dishes,and cooking food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
must take a 30 min. break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.