Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Builds character
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 16, 2018
They have exceptional standards when it comes to the resturant. Everything must be super clean and run very well. Good place to work to build character.
Depends
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Very Good Benefits
Get free food on your breaks
Have to pay for a new uniform
management is rude depends on the store you are at
Customers are friendly
Coworkers are cool
Pros
Free lunch and benefits
Cons
managers
panda is not for everyone.
Panda Express (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJanuary 15, 2018
I like panda because there is always work to be done. it keeps you on your toes at all times, and it's a very fast paced working environment. A day at work consists of prepping food, washing dishes,and cooking food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
must take a 30 min. break
Great Workplace but has poor Management and hiring Skills
Counter Help/ Cook (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 14, 2018
It was a really great place to work at first for my year their but due to some hiring choices, employees would complain and create in store drama with each other. Employee drama steered me a way from the store and working there
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Management
Fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It was a fun and fast paced work environment. I enjoyed the customers that came through and was joyed to be there. The management was amazing, and the benefits were a plus.
Fast pace work enviroment
Cook/Prep-Cook (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 14, 2018
Working for Panda Express I've learned teamwork, responsiblity, and how to live a healthy lifestyle and share that healthy lifestyle with our customers.
Pros
Employee Discount
Workmates are nice
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Everyone was nice and open enough to teach me how and what to do since I was newly hired. I didn't feel any animosity even if the people training me has been working there longer and say have the "seniority" knowing they will be under my supervision because I was training then to be an Assistant Manager.
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Cons
Good job for anyone looking for experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2018
Overall, Panda Express is a good job experience. It is a very fast passed job due to the level of customers visiting for meals. Some great aspects about Panda is the pay is good and extra hours are easy to get. The hardest part about working for Panda is the company's exceptions on portioning. I noticed a lot of friction being caused because of it when customers continuously came in upset at whoever is working for following the company's portion ratio.
Pros
Free meals and great college benefits
Cons
Strict female dress code expectations
stressful
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wildomar, CAJanuary 11, 2018
Its a very stressful environment and its more stressful if your manager is over you, they talk to you about getting promoted every day and time passes and you never get promoted they only want you to do it so you can put more effort on the job which is hard because they ask for more than what they pay you.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful
managed a good work Team
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at panda with the staff was amazing. As a leader of the panda express work crew, there was a lot of teamwork. Staff helped when they saw that one was in need of help. the hardest part of working at panda was the amount of stress while dealing with about six different things at a time. The most enjoyable part of working at panda was ending the day as one, the staff was amazing and very hard working
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Horrible
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJanuary 11, 2018
Never again would I work for this company. It was stressful, Unprofessional, uncomfortable, and constantly interfered with my outside life. The manager told me off because I clicked a box on review for being harassed.
Pros
Cons
Managment
not bad
Crew member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I didn't work long enough to have a real opinion about it, leave the place for unrelated medical reasons. But in the time I work for the company I had no complaints.
Temporary but not long term
Hostess, Server, and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Working with Panda Inn was a great learning experience for strengthening your customer service skills and being on your feet during the entire shift. It was only temporary for me and I do not feel it would be a fitting place to work long term.
Fast casual Chinese-American
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Lack of work/ life balance. Difficult to advance. Health/dental/vision benefits are great. Open on most holidays. Upper management is not great- lacking in professionalism, communication, and respect.
Hard job
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Working at panda express was stressful. During lunch and dinner hours the line would be around the whole shop. We would run out of food quickly. Most of the people I worked with didn't care to be there so it made you want to slack.
Solid Restaurant Corporately, But the Store Depends on Employees
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 10, 2018
While working at Panda Express, I grew a lot as an employee. I took my small job seriously, and it paid off. Although I did not work there for very long-- I believe it was 7 months-- I was quickly a candidate for promotion. I frequently had compliments from customers, but those compliments were often dulled by criticisms from customers, directed not at me but at the store's performance in general. Sadly, the environment I worked in was not supportive. There was a lot of gossip and rivalry. My manager took her job seriously and did her best , but the majority of her employees did not respect her very much, and they didn't put all their effort into their job. I enjoyed learning new things and meeting new people at Panda, but I did not feel comfortable in that environment. Regardless, as a corporate company, they worked very hard to keep their restaurants up to standard, and it was clear that our store was not.
Pros
Free lunches, easy scheduling
Cons
Bad communication, many rules don't get followed
It pays well
Lead Counter Help (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 10, 2018
N/a
The hartest part of the job was dealing with no experiences personal, and a very disrespectable managers. and also very bad payments, They don´T usually motived the employers.
Pros
free food
Cons
short break
Learning never stops
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
It is a constant learning environment that can develop anyone into a great leader and person. Great perks in the job and opportunities of growth in every direction.
Pros
Free meals, discount
Cons
LOTS of work.
Super fast paced envirornment
Lead Counter Help (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I worked at an extremely busy location where you must constantly greet the guests, and follow five mandatory steps. There is always something to do, whether the store is slow or not.
Pros
Free employee meal every four hours worked, dental and vision insurance, health insurance, paid vacation hours, paid sick hours
Stressful, however if you want to commit your whole life the pay is very well.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2018
This job pays well. However for me it was not worth it. They expect to much from their people which is why they have high turnover. They focus to much on corporate visits and making the store look pretty for that then the actual business. If they put as much focus in training and improving the store for the guest rather then preparing for visits from some VPO.
Pros
High pay, quick advancment, good benefits
Cons
no work life balance, unrealistic expectations and work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.