Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Work environment highly depends on management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harbor City, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and getting rushes. Workplace can be fun when you are working with the right people. Typical day at work is calling out food, taking orders, ringing up customers, and cleaning. I learned how to work in fast paced environments and the importance of work ethic.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks
February 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. People development is one of our top priorities, and we focus heavily on training and developing our managers to be inspirational leaders, and we’re happy to hear that you were able to gain important skill sets to contribute to your personal development.

Not fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 12, 2018
As a customer thinking that working at Panda is fun but it isn't the demand for the job is way to high for the pay. it's not worth busting yourself so much for minimum wage. also not a career path that I would personally choose customers can be more than rude and expect amazing service at the same time overall not a good workplace either with there idea of "the customer is always right"
February 20, 2018

We appreciate all the hard work you put in, and want to thank you for sharing your experience. Through feedback like yours, we have been able to assess our staffing initiatives. We want to let you know that we’ve shared your feedback with our extended HR team.

Great experiense working there
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Best work experience with a great team and great managers only reason I left was to peruse my life as a medical assistant once I was done with school.
February 20, 2018

We love that you loved your work experience at Panda Express! Thank you for contributing to our positive and collaborative environment. We really appreciate all your hard work.

must have patience
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
at panda the biggest thing is dealing with unhappy and impatient customers. you must be very productive and very focused. dealing with food and people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
customers get very upset
Nice place work at if you’re a fast-paced worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I learned how to keep my patience when working with customers. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working on busy days and having to work with really difficult customers that would complain about food, or if a customer asked for help when it’s really busy. That’s why I had to quit because it was a very stressful job as well.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great coworkers
Cons
Really busy, Stressful, and have a lot of pressure on your shoulders.
February 20, 2018

We love that you enjoyed the collaborative work environment at Panda! We are focused on Putting People First, which extends to both our Associates and our Guests, and want to thank you for sharing your experience. Through feedback like yours, we are able to work on continuous improvement.

Cashier/ Counter help
Cashier/ Counter Help (Former Employee) –  LA CA 90029February 8, 2018
Cashier great customer service cool calm and collective under pressure cleaning food handling
Food handlers card. Money deposits key holder overall closing the store
awesome work ethic is learned
Cook (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZFebruary 8, 2018
my first job and i do not regret it. this job has built my work ethic so much i am thankful for it. it also taught me many leadership skills which i do appreciate.
February 20, 2018

We’re thrilled you love your job at Panda! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

At Panda, our vision is to be recognized as a world leader in people development, and we’re so happy that we’ve contributed to your personal development. Thank you for the kind words! We greatly appreciate all the hard work that you put in.

Very fun place to work with good salary and benefits
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Very fun place to work with good salary and benefits.Very easy to learn and to excel at that type of job. The drive thru can be stressful but not if you have a good team. The hardest part of the job would be the occasional rude customers but the best part of the job would be the free meals.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude customers, management skills
Quick Paced Job
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I only worked there for six months as it was my first job.i was taught on the job so i was very slow which didn't help food preparation but it was a okay job.
February 20, 2018

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Panda. We appreciate all the hard work you put in.

Feedback like yours enables us to assess our current training and development initiatives to be recognized as a world leader in people development to become loved by our Guests.

Good friendly co workers, but seniors like to take over.
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 7, 2018
The co workers there are friendly and outgoing. They are willing to train and help one another, but the management is run by seniors who are stuck in old ways.
Pros
New eager friendly workers
Cons
Old poor management group who never compensated work related charges.
What I learned
Lead Counter/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 6, 2018
This job can be very fast paced during rush hours but it makes the time go by fast. As a food server, it was important for me to assist costumers with excellent service to increase more sales.
Its Alright
Roseville - Cook (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A good place to start off, the co-workers can be a bit of a drag sometimes. Overall the job is pretty decent and can be very fast paced at times and a bit stressful but you get use to pressure and eventually its nothing.
Competitive and Fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work would start around 9 on average to come in and do a walkthrough to see how the closing was from the night before. Then another walk through for everclean food safety standards. Throughout the day any financial or operations reports or tasks should be executed. These include but are not limited to replying to updates on operations or finances via email, filling out financial reports, food ordering, inventory count, scheduling, customer service, maintenance, coaching associates, cash handling, food safety inspections, recruiting new talent, closing system and store
simple and easy
Kitchen Help (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
morning i arrive i set up and get my work station ready, re stock all food inventories maintain clean surroundings i learned how to cook and be more productive, help is always around when needed. friends are the best part of this job, the hardest part of the job is when saying good bye.
Pros
10 min lunch
Cons
to fast of a lunch break
Great food, Great workplace
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Happiness is a driving factor in this company, can and will recommend to anyone to work here. Can be fast paced but it feel rewarding having customers vocally praise you for doing your job.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts for friends and family
Cons
fast paced, dealing with some customers
alright
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
love the job but very demanding
there is no work life balance
pay is extremely well and competitive
on call 24 hours a day
long days
very strict
no life
Poor management
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 5, 2018
They were giving me full time hours when i was only part time. The management was awful. A lot of messing around in the back and no one is on top of things.
Productive, friendly work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Panda Express. It was a diverse environment, I enjoyed the different walks of life working there. My manager was very understandable about me working and having a child, so she worked with my schedule so I could still parent and go to school.
I enjoyed working with customers and telling them about the food. I enjoyed the food there, so it was easy to share my opinion to the guests when needing help.
Pros
Free Lunch, proper breaks.
Cons
No break room
Productive and fun
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Learning is a must working here. Every opportunity to learn just enhances and opens up more opportunities to move up and experience new ideas. Amazing people and great skills learned.
Pros
Fast, cultured, learning
Cons
N/a
Fun Workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Its fun to work there, but it is fast paced.
You have to be great with customer service.
The general manager was a great, motivating person to work with, but the assistant manager was a terrible manager.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.