Panda Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

busy and always have to clean
cook (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 23, 2017
I start my day with a 15 min opening and rush to cook most of the food out on the steam table and clean dishes. but overall is it a good work place and a of learning benefit to offer. The hardest part is the work load for boh.
Pros
free food and drinks
Cons
short hours and none stable schedule
Typical Work Day
Dishwasher/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CADecember 22, 2017
Through out the work day you were not aloud to fall behind, you always had to keep hustling and keep up while serving the best food along with making sure the food id made properly. The day goes by quick but there are various ask for you to focus and complete along with cooking
Pros
the food there is free
Cons
you only have a 10 minute lunch
Fast paced
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 22, 2017
The demand for fast gourmet Chinese food is in demand. Whether working up front with the register or working in the kitchen, there is little time to stand around.
Productive, fast-paced job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORDecember 22, 2017
Panda was my very first job. I learned a lot of communication skills as well as many basic work skills such as; cashiering; night shift lock up; janitorial duties; cooking; along with many more. Management was great with giving flexible schedules and understanding when days are needed off. This job was definitely stressful but was a great starter job.
Pros
Free lunches; great coworkers; flexible scheduling
Cons
Long days; stressful; benefits
Great growth and skill development environment
Lead Counter (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 21, 2017
Exceptional work environment with many growth opportunities. Fun and professional. Will work with your schedule. You will gain a wide range of knowledge in work aspect.
Pros
Free meal on break/ lunch.
Cons
Hard not to sample steam table when right in front of it.
Have to be a hard worker and be able to move fast
Lead counter (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLDecember 21, 2017
Panda has the opportunity to grow but often managers are not in store to help you as an individual that’s what made working there so difficult at times.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10 min breaks
I like working here
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 21, 2017
I still work at Panda Express, and aside from the hours I'm getting, the job is pretty simple. I do not mean simple as in easy, but as in easy to get the hang of once you've learned it.
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 21, 2017
Great place to work very face paced work with your hours good starting rate always open to suggestion and great support team and benefits. Overall fun experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Crew Member
Panda Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93291December 20, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving guests and communicating with cooks. Working for panda was fun and i learned better communication with co workers and how to work in a team
Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 20, 2017
Working at panda express was very quick- paced, which i didn't mind. it was in a mall so i got the chance to meet a lot of wonderful people. I loved the fact the manager would let us experience other things like cooking Chicken Teriyaki
Pros
the experience
Quick Paced and Demanding
Front Counter Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHDecember 19, 2017
This job requires a high level of people skills and problem-solving abilities. You have to have a fair understanding of how to handle stressful situations as well as manage a calm and collective workspace
Pros
Free lunch on break, Social Enviroment
Cons
no benefits
Okay
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIDecember 19, 2017
I would possibly work at another Panda with abetter manager. Also more space is needed. More working areas and resources. More employees needed. The drive thru counter top nit working slows down a lot of things.
fast paced
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  UCLA, CADecember 19, 2017
During the first year and a half of working there I was pretty happy with my hours and the way we worked. The hardest part of the job was during the rush hour. Once I came back from my maternity leave the new manager cut my hours he didn't cooperate with me. Besides that the company is really good and beneficial.
Great coworkers, and Very fast-paced
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 19, 2017
Honestly, coming to work at panda was actually kinda relaxing, because when I come to work I just focus on how fast and relaxing it is to be there, yes sometimes its not your day, but the management, your coworkers, they make you feel at home. At that moment they aren't just some coworkers they are just family. I don't believe this job is hard, just really fast paced. I loved working at panda.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay
Great environment
Kitchen help/Cook (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CADecember 18, 2017
Only problem is my current manager. Hard to communicate with and doesn’t listen to what we have to say or our opinion about how to improve the restaurant. Never had an issue with my previous managers and I’ve been there for three years. Other than that. Great people and good place to work at.
Okay.
Counter Help (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CA 94510December 18, 2017
Working at Panda was okay. It was good in the beginning because I had a lot of friends I could talk and joke around with. The work is fast paced and always have to be aware of everything around you. Time management is also key to success. It can be stressful during rush hours but by the end of the night cleaning is a breeze. Time can go by fast. This job, personally, I would recommend making sure to befriend your co workers, they definitely help make the job more enjoyable.
panda express
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 18, 2017
I loved working at my location. My coworkers were nice but there was a language barrier. My managers treated me well and gave praise and critic when it was needed. My only problem was I faced, I did not have support when needed because there was no manager in the work space when needed.
Pros
great salary, great customers, great coworkers
Cons
management
Make the efforts.
Assistant Manager, Person In Charge (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 17, 2017
Because there are a very few pandas in Vegas, there's always going to be a rush, management will always know you and you will always know management, from your store, and from the ones within the region. There are multiple regions in Vegas. There are no promotional opportunities unless you make the effort, which is fair because no one wants an assistant manager who doesn't care for a job they're going for.
Pros
a lot of hours, great pay, very useful skills
Cons
Poor training, hour fluctuation
High-paced and busy place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2017
If you're ready to work in a high-paced and sometimes stressful environment, then this is the place for you. The pay is good if your hours are flexible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stress environment
The hardest work that I have ever loved doing.
Kitchen and front helper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 15, 2017
As a Panda Service Team member, it was my responsibility for creating a warm and welcoming environment for guests, making them feel like part of the Panda family. With a keen eye for details and the ability to create moments of happiness and optimism, I use to make sure that guests receive the best level of service in any interaction. Also I worked in the back which's where I have organized all the materials that my coworkers needed in visible and easy way. I have cooked and cut vegetable as well. It was the hardest work that I have aver loved doing.
Pros
Free food for me and a big discount for my family and friends.
Cons
10 minutes break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panda Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.