Pandora Media, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun workplace
Business Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2016
Pandora was a great place to work. It was a great space to be for music and digital technology. The company culture cannot be matched.
Great office culture and good people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 5, 2015
Fun work environment among people who all work for the same motives.

The company is constantly growing so there is always work to be done.

If you are into music and ping pong this is the place to be!
Productive & Fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Recognizable company with big ideas. Still trying to outline roles, and find their path in media/music. Interested in how they will continue growing the company.
Pros
Free Snacks, Fun Environment
Cons
Confusing balance between ad-ops and sales
Great Company
Executive Assistant to VP of Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pandora has it all for their employees. You can work, listen to music and have great relationships with your co-workers.....Who wouldn't want to work there!

I worked a 4 month maternity leave assignment. Pandora has a great work/life balance culture. Options to work from home and a fun environment.
Fun place to work at
Human Resources Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  oakland,caMay 12, 2014
Music, food and fun place to work for.
Flexible working hours
Dream job!
Human Resources / Recruiter Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Oakland CaliforniaMarch 17, 2014
A typical day at work consists of coordinate phone and in-person interviews between high-level executives and candidates.
Manage the calendars of busy recruitment team, hiring managers and executive staff.
Maintain a high volume of candidate data in the applicant tracking system in in conjunction using Salesforce and Vana including drafting offer letters with start date, salary and bonus information.
Maintain up to date information throughout hiring process using discretion when handling confidential information.
Represent the face of the company usually as the first contact with the candidate keeping constant communications open throughout the interview and hiring process.
Organize candidate travel, travel reimbursement and other aspects as required for each individual candidate.
Collect and maintain new-hire forms including I9, offer letter and other legal documents.
Create monthly reports pulling raw data from the ATS system converting to Excel spreadsheets and Power point presentations providing specific headcount and requisition fill information as requested.
Provide administrative support to HR department posting jobs, order supplies, assist with events as needed.

I learned about media and music corporations, laws and regulations and how artists are paid with royalties.
My co-workers and I work well together as a team and we each could cover one another on a last minute notice. We do a lot of lunches and team building events throughout the year.
The hardest part of the job is leaving.
There is not just one enjoyable part to this job, most typical days are fun, the atmosphere
  more... is energetic. From live music to ping pong tournaments to hard work every aspect of this job is enjoyable, there is always something going on on a daily basis!  less
Pros
live music, even stand up comics show up to entertain us! ping pong tournaments, team building events that are always fun! working with amazing people! laid back dress code, free healthy food!
Cons
contract position without a headcount
Commercial Director
Commercial Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2014
Directed on location commercials featuring Music’s Top 100 Artists for promotional packages.
Renegade sheriffs in management positions
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 13, 2013
There are great people at Pandora, but the overall business lacks the necessary members and managers lack management training and/or skills. Most people I know/knew were not satisfied, but stayed on with the start-up loyalty the company has survived on.

The overall experience was not great. Benefits were not great. The name looks good on a Resume in Nor Cal/Bay Area.

(This is for Pandora Internet Radio)
Pros
you like music?
Cons
very little actual music perks. unorganized.
Great product, great people, great place to work
Company Event Programs Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CaMarch 30, 2013
Pandora is a great place to work! The company really cares about its employees and there are really terrific people in the company.
It is a great culture!
Great people and free food
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 9, 2012
It's a young environment and like I mentioned in the headline Free Food, which is always cool with me. I found that most people were unhappy with thier jobs but put up with it cause it's Pandora. In my opinion, from what I heard, the employees were upset with all the tiers of management, low salaries, and over complicated account processes. It could have been related to the fact that Pandora just went public recently and had to triple the staff to stay accountable to the share holders. In any case, it's a good place to make friends.
Pros
free food
Cons
very ridged management team, sketchy location in oakland

4.3