Panera Bread Co

Panera Bread Co Employee Reviews

Positive, fast paced work place
Trainer (Current Employee), Warrington, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Enjoyable environment with friendly co-workers and management. Efficient hours with accommodating schedule. Availability to move up in the company keeps staff motivated.
Productive and Excellent Service
Bakery- CafĂ© Associate (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJJune 28, 2015
Preparing and constructing orders efficiently at rush hour times such as lunch and dinner
Management was well rounded and organized
I learned to continue to provide excellent service to new and also ongoing customers.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with incoming orders during lunch rush... it can get hectic when there are many people eager for their food and making sure that their order is not only correct but also made according to high standards.
Not one of my most enjoyable jobs.
Food Preparer, Trainer Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 26, 2015
Panera was a tough job for me to work because the management was unorganized and always understaffed.he most enjoyable part of the job who interacting with customers who really valued and enjoyed the preparation of the food.
Good First Job
Food Assembler (Former Employee), Plainfield, INJune 14, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Bad Management, Bad hours
Prepared sandwiches and occasionally did dishes. My co workers were friendly but immature. The hardest part of the job was poor management and certain people ended up over worked bc of favoritism of co workers. The meal discounts were nice.
Food
Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work is simply repetitive.
Management is management anywhere you go. You'll have that favorite manager and then you'll have the manager that you just simply don't get along with.
When it comes to my favorite part of the job, because its dealing with the elderly folks. They are very sweet kind people as long as you're patient with them. Having a simple conversation with someone can really make a persons day. And with that being said, I enjoy making someone smile.
A Great Library at a Great Community College
Manager (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MIApril 28, 2015
Very helpful staff that can answer any questions and provide a great place to study. A typical day includes checking in and out books, helping patrons with computers and navigating the library. in addition to these every day library chores you also get to work in a quiet environment with minimal distraction.
A fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Paducah, KYFebruary 13, 2015
A fast paced environment but we were always short management. Associates needed more training but we didnt have the resources for it.
great food
Cashier (Former Employee), san antonio, tx.February 9, 2015
i was able to try new or seasonal foods all the time before they were announced and i had a few friends working with me so it wasn't too bad of a place.
Great place nice people
Baker (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 5, 2015
I worked alone from 10:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M. Baking breads , pastries and soufflé.It was a challenge everyday but in the end the results we're worth every bit of effort I expended.I would still work there but I moved to Florida.
productive and engaging with lots of celebrations
HRIS Specialist (Current Employee), Sunset Hills, MissouriJanuary 20, 2015
Suitable for strong, independent thinkers who don't hesitate to make decisions
A good middle ground.
Line Staff/Truck (Current Employee), Redlands, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: getting to work in an environment that always had something to work on.
Cons: feeling as if my responsibilities are not as worthy as someone else's.
The job is physically difficult with multiple tasks to focus on. I learned to keep my stress level under control in an environment where I had to stay focused, and on point, for myself and customers. Management was always available for questions and willing to help when needed. The co-workers were, mostly friendly, however, when tensions became high, professionalism, between co-workers, became a low priority. The job became difficult when I had my own responsibilities to attend to as well as the the issues of other co-workers. I really enjoyed being able to work with other people and handle multiple concerns and responsibilities.
Great company
Sales Associate/ Trainer (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Work was easy very fast paced. Management was okay yet uneventful. there was nothing really hard about working there except the elderly complaining about coffee. I learned that with patience comes great outcomes. Do not rush anything or it will not have the same outcome.
Overly stressful enviornment with no benefits compensation or adequate pay
Shift Manager (Current Employee), OhioDecember 8, 2014
I work for a franchise of Panera Bread. The pay is not worth the stress of the job, nor is the lack of benefits for working 40+ hours/week. The work was never enjoyable and the work environment was like high school all over again; childish and gossipy.
Needs Management Restructure
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Oswego, ILNovember 13, 2014
Overall, the work is not that bad, can get stressful when things get busy, but it is the unprofessional with the management that ruins the job the most for you.
n/a
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 13, 2014
In the duration of my stay at Panera Bread, I was pleased with my position and responsibilities'. I was dissatisfied with having to work weekends, which has come to my attention is inevitable in many customer service oriented companies.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and I enjoyed getting to interact with the customer whom enjoyed our food.
Very fun work environment with good managers
Production specialist, cashier (Current Employee), chesterfield MOAugust 26, 2014
Pros: 65% store discount
- Come into work clock in and get started. Making orders, Taking orders, Cleaning as you go, keep busy, work hard as possible, never slack off
- Learned about all different types of meats, cheeses, breads, sauces, vegetables and soups.
- Great group of managers profound managing skills great with managing hours
- Great team or co-workers after a hard day of work we would go out to eat or to the movies to help make a stronger bond between us.
They were hard working, dependable, on time, and ready to complete all task at hand
- hardest part of the job would handling wet glass dishes

-the best part was making quality food for great customers and seeing the smile on there faces as u give them their orders fast as possible
Supervisor (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHAugust 12, 2014
Panera not only has great food, but great employees, management, and customers!
baker / manager trainer
Baker (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 12, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hourly cuts no commuication
Prepared all items of the bakery working with fresh dough breads, pastries, cookies, muffin and brownies. Training new bakers and taking ownership for decisions, without requiring guidance from upper management
hard word and fun
trainer (Current Employee), new port richey, flaJune 23, 2014
Pros: 60% lunch discount
Cons: wages
i love the atmosphere that it set we work hard but still manage to have fun and enjoy our job.
Great place to work.
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), St Ann, MOJune 17, 2014
Pros: worked with minimal supervision.
Cons: weather made my job harder.
I would have a helper on busy days, Minimal supervision. Once you were trained and could maintain the schedule work was a dream.

1 2 3