Panera Bread
2,080 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

fast paced fun job with great employees
cashier, cook (Current Employee), Enfield, CTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: 65% food while working
Cons: haven't had a raise and I have been employed for 3 years, never get enough hours
Typical day is busy and can be hectic but goes by fast and can be very enjoyable. I've learned a lot about customer service as well as how to maintain things in the food industry. Management is usually kept up with everything going on in the restaurant but sometimes they make our jobs unbearable to deal with. Some coworkers are great to work with and do their job to their best ability and help others while other coworkers don't care for their job and don't do things to the best of their ability or help others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the managers and coworkers on a bad day and the most enjoyable part is having a good day where nothing goes wrong and customers are getting the service they want.
I Didn't work there very long
Team Member (Former Employee), FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: smells great all the time
Cons: always busy
I worked Here for about Two weeks before I had to move due to personal issues. So I don't really know much about them. But from what I witnessed everything ran smoothly.
Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Current Employee), Covington, LAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free lunch if you stay later
Cons: Hire people that don't call in all the time
Very good company. I am an associate and they work with me very good. They work around college schedules and are very understanding. They are laid back. Good company to work for.
Overal, I enjoyed working at Panera Bread while I was going to school, and I always felt a good sence of community when I came into work.
Dishwasher/Line cook (Current Employee), Muncie, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great co-workers and managers, flexible schedule
Cons: busy work life
Everyday at Panera Bread was a hard day of work. Everyone had a certain amount of jobs that they had to complete by the end of their shift, which made the day go by faster. Some days were more difficult because of how busy we got, but everyone I worked with made it a great job to go to.
nice place to work
Associate (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: discount lunch
Cons: none
where always running out of some product . management is not on the same page but there all cool and worth working for, great place to work under the right conditions . customers are very nice
Nice place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Kenosha WIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Quality of life free meals in store.
Cons: Pay was low
A typical work day is 9 hours. and the longest you would be in store after close is 10pm. There is someone always in the store 24hrs a day. The management was good, and coworkers where also good as we had a no jerk policy. Hardest part of job getting up at 4am but at least had a quality of life and time to do something after work. Yhe most enjoyable part of job was getting out into community and donating our left overs to homeless shelters and other churches and schools.
Great for high school students
Bakery (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great enviroment
Cons: pay is great, if you're in high school
I worked there during hugh school and I loved it. I worked the bakeery area. You meet nice people and get to tyr all their new products before the public does.
fast paced, high energy required
Associate (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: if you are good at your job there are always hours available
Cons: very little room for advancement
non stop from the beginning of your shift to the end
you must be able to multitask and work under pressure
you must be able to deal with the flow of the food industry IE: periods called 'rushes' where you are extremely busy and then slower times when you clean and stock
management varies in personality and expectation as do the other emplyees
very little room for advancement
Great Place to Work
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Grandville, MIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: 65% Discount
Working at Panera Bread has been absolutely amazing. I go into work with a smile knowing I will be surrounded by wonderful co-workers and a great management team. Being at Panera has also taught me a lot about customer service and how truly vital it is. Every person who walks into our business deserves to feel welcomed and important. There are a lot of hectic times where the line wraps around the door, and although it can be very hard and trying at times, it's also fun to roll with the punches and navigate through the craziness.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Discounted lunches
Cons: Short breaks
Ultimately, management and the coworkers are dependable people. I've learned how to multitask in this job between working at the cashier, attending the bakery, making smoothies and espresso drinks at the barista section, and lastly keeping the cafe at it's tip top shape. Nothing was challenging to me in this job; I'm a quick learner which is why I feel that I can overcome anything I set myself to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a connection with customers who come often and even those that don't.
Good for first time job, not for career
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: you get to meet new people
Cons: free meals (only during training)
A typical day at Panera is coming into work greeted by your coworkers early in the morning. Sometimes management acknowledges your presence. The hardest part was working different stations with lines out the door from 12pm-3pm non stop. I learned how to make a variety of salads and different breads I've never known. The best part working there was the trip to Dave & Busters for the hard work we did.
Great company with great customer service and quality food
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Percentage Discount
Panera is a great company to work for. They excel in food prep and customer service always going the extra mile to give the customer exactly what they want.
it's a terrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2015
i had 9 hours per week, always asking for more..my hours were totally scattered and you start on the most difficult job in the entire place.
AMAZING
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAMarch 27, 2015
Panera Bread was, by far, my favorite job that I have ever had. My co-workers were amazing, as was the management. Also, Panera had plenty of room for advancement & encourages their employees to constantly better themselves.
Productive, friendly environment
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Lathrup, VillageMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Employee discount, positive environment
Cons: Few hours, scheduling was not the best
A typical day at work when I open the store would be putting every bakery item out. I would then make sure the correct tags are in front of every bakery item. Next, as the store opens I ring up customer's orders. I fill their bakery orders, and make their drinks. A typical day when I close, would be similar. I would ring for the majority of the time. But I also have to stock everything up before I leave, including paper goods and foods. Then I am in charge of cleaning my assigned area. Some days I train a newer employee, and I teach them how to do all of these things. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the many different personalities and attitudes that the customers have. However, I learned to deal with it and treat everyone kindly. My coworkers are supportive for the most part. We all work as a team. The management is great. My only complaint would be that sometimes the scheduling was not right. They would schedule me on days that I had school. What I learned from this job is that when dealing with people, you have to leave your attitude at the door! No matter what I am personally going through, when I walk through those doors I must treat everyone respectfully.
Great for Customers sucks for management
Manager (Current Employee), MarylandMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: The day you are promised anything
If your looking for a Restaurant Management Career Stay as far away from Panera Bread as possible. Talented management is turned away in favor of young inexperienced ones who know how to play in interviews. Just read about all the experiences in the Montgomery County, MD area. Much better and many other places to work, if you have no creativity or ideas in your head and what to spend your life as a "Robot" do same old monotonous routine every day...then sell your soul to Panera. Look into the eyes of any manager they are bored out of there minds and know in their heart tomorrow will be the same thing over again.
Nobodyt has your back when the GM is very dishonest about EVERYTHING!!!!!!
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Former Employee), NEW PORT RICHEYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: good customers, most of the employees are cool
Cons: REALLY BAD MANAGEMENT
A typical day started at 6am and a nasty look from the GM. if traffic was bad and I was late after I was changed to a different position and wasn't told about it. you are encouraged in the employee handbook to call corporate if anything isn't right or if you are being treated unfairly, I got bitched out by the GM. it is said in the handbook that no backlash will happen. YEAH RIGHT
Problems in management.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great opportunities for career advancent
Cons: Inapropriate employee/mangager relationships
Employees are led by example, if the manager horse plays and has inappropriate behavior on the job, then the employee doesn't learn to respect the manager or their authority.
A place you can work hard and make friends
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friends
Cons: Management structures
I have worked at three different Panera Bread locations and have found many pros and cons of each of them. Of course, management is different at each location and I have learned many things that I do and do not like within a work place. I continue to work at Panera when I am home from school as a way to earn a little bit of extra spending money and to occupy my breaks.
great food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 24, 2015
Pros: 60% off meals
Cons: No breaks, bad quality of life
This is a great place to dine at but working here isn't what it's all cracked up to be. If you notice that have a negative hashtag in the social media world called #paneraproblems which means that the world is knowing about the bad things vs the good

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries