Panera Bread
1,910 reviews

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

Great Place with arcade games and pools
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Sanford, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free trips to the movies and theme parks
Cons: waking up early
A typical day at the YMCA was practice, moving equipment, coaching and lots of meetings. At this job I learned how to be a better listener I also had to have a great amount of patience and will power to accomplish the things I did. Management was great they were family friends of mine so we had an awesome but understanding connection. My co-workers were mainly my classmates from school so we were all friends. The hardest part of that job was waking up early so the little kids could play their games first. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and teaching the children.
Way better than other fast food jobs
Associate (Former Employee), TulsaJanuary 22, 2015
Not much to review. It was a good job. I worked there for two and a half years. So I worked with three different store managers over that time. But it is a fun place to work.
FUN FUN FUN
Head Baker (Former Employee), Warrensville, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the hours
Working alone overnight was lots of fun and no pressure. It is tons of work but once you get the flow down it's a cake walk. Not much time for a life since it's 3rd shift but, the people you'll work with more than make up for it. Pay was fair and if you work clean and fast you'll advance quickly.
Fun Part time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: panera discount, free meals first week of work
Cons: low pay
Management is friendly, and treats you with respect. Pay is nice for a job, for earning extra cash.
fun place to learn and grow
Baker (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 21, 2015
I had to do all bakery requirements. I learn to shape, mold and mark bread. My management wasn't so good but made the best of it. I loved my coworkers but barely got to see them because I was a baker which is independent work. The hardest part of the job was time management to get all baked goods done but I always succeed. I enjoyed the job because I got to learn new things and I also shared my ideas and opinions.
LONG TERM JOB WAS A GREAT PLACE AND A GREAT COMPANY
Food Server (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 21, 2015
MY DAY USUALLY STARTED OUT EARLY MORNINGS. I WOULD BE THERE TO HELP PREP AS WELL AS TRAIN ALL NEW EMPLOYEE. I WAS OFFERED A MANAGEMENT POSITION BUT AT THE TIME I WAS IN SCHOOL. I LOVED ALL MY CO-WORKERS AS WELL AS I ENJOYED ALL PARTS OF THE JOB.
Productive and fun workplace
Costumer Service (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Learned ability to work in a fast paced environment efficiently
Associate and trainer
Associate/Trainer (Former Employee), Machesney Park, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Easy first job, did it all throughout high school and college and did not find it to majorly affect my studies. Management was willing to work around my school schedule, this attributed to me staying there as long as I did.
workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYJanuary 20, 2015
The managers are ok the people are fun and understanding at times
Solid Workplace
Baker (Current Employee), Brecksville, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free meals, insurance
Cons: night shift
We prepare all the product for the next day's sales. The business cannot run without the baker, however we (Bakers) feel under appreciated by the management staff.
Sharing the warmth
Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: being part of a test market we were first to try many menu items
Cons: benefits kept going away
I really enjoyed the customer service aspect of this position. Delivering the absolute best service and training my staff to be friendly and accurate as well as outgoing and kind. I learned many aspects of management through this experience.
Busy but enjoyable workplace.
Sandwich Line (Former Employee), Mooresville, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Very fast paced job having to make orders ready in under a few minutes. Teamwork was a must because everyone had to do there part to make the different types of food for the order. My favorite part of the job was getting to know some of my co workers really good by being there with them everyday.
productive work place with good people to be friends with for life
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good friends
Cons: insurance
walk into work with a line out the door and a full screen with orders to be made, from roughly 11:00am till around 3:00 typically would go on break, come back from break and get ready for the dinner rush which typically came in around 5:00 pm-6:00 pm till about 8:00pm then from there on out closed shop and got things ready for the next day
productive work place with good people to be friends with for life
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good friends
Cons: insurance
Incompetence and inefficiency abound
Associate (Current Employee), Webster, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on all in-store items, coworkers were like a dysfunctional family
Cons: all the above listed
To start off a typical day, I walk in and hopefully don't get yelled at for another employee's mistake or absence. Most employees, especially managers, are indifferent and openly hostile toward their coworkers. Food safety, such as with nut allergens, is completely disregarded. There are no portion tools for tree nuts on one of the salad lines on a daily basis; this is a severe health hazard, as cross contamination can kill and is regularly overlooked by both staff and management, if not every day, then every other day. Schedules are printed no earlier than 8pm every Sunday night, before the next work week's schedule starts at 5am every Monday. Yes, you read that correctly. You MIGHT have 8 hours in advance to plan the rest of your week around work. This is obviously a severe impairment for many employees, especially those with young children...we have a lot of those. Some have left because of this. Availability sheets are a lot like the rules on Who's Line is it Anyways: they're made up and don't matter. The only time my availability sheet was abided by was when I got into an argument with my General Manager about it. Having made her look foolish, she tried to pin the blame on me in front of the other staff. Managers constantly escalate what should be routine conversations into arguments in front of other staff members and guests. Managers will frequently put customers on hold in the hope that they will just hang up. We consistently run out of everything (literally EVERYTHING) due to our Kitchen Manager and General Manager demonstrating an utter inability to communicate basic – more... needs to our vendors or each other in a timely manner. The company's labor cost targets are only attainable in a fictional environment. Our labor cost models assume minimum wage is still $5.15 an hour and hasn't been updated since the late 2000s. This results in tenure employees being paid $9.50 an hour, and not a penny more. I have personally been there 9 months WITHOUT A RAISE, though I take on more responsibilities on a DAILY basis. Additionally, many members of the management team have had their performance reviews pushed back INDEFINITELY to help stave off a raise. All the while, the franchisees drive COMPANY-OWNED MASERATIS. While they "cannot afford" to effectively staff their establishments and provide their employees with basic benefits. – less
hard working but easy going company
Line worker (Current Employee), Rehoboth BeachJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work I clock in then I start making food. I make sure the food is getting out to the customers on time. When we close I make sure my station is clean and organized. I learned how to make different types of food that I haven't done before. I also learned how to work in a fast paced environment. The management is very friendly and treats their employees with respect and care. my co-workers are always nice and help me out whenever I need it. I have a lot of friends that are my co-workers, so that makes my job a lot easier. the hardest part of the job is making sure that all the food is correct when we are very busy. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and making sure the costumers are satisfied.
not that bad
Baker (Former Employee), Middleburg, OHJanuary 19, 2015
i learned how to bake things and it was laid back but unless i become a baker it didn't give me much experience
Very productive place we would have customer waiting while getting ready to open the store
Assistant Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
A typical starts out by getting breakfast ready as well as stocking utensils. After items are done continue line setup for lunch as well as for catering. Having backs up for lunch and if a new trainee comes in start training. But helped with getting catering done.
I have gain more skills in customer service, handling multiple catering orders, more about inventory. There was never a hard part to the job because we always made it work. The most enjoyable was getting the customer serviced and had fun doing it.
No work/life balance at all
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Crazy shifts, very long days, no sick time or vaca, pay is not worth it for all you have to do as a manager
A Productive day at the Panera Bread
Sales Assicate (Former Employee), Wellington, FLJanuary 18, 2015
I go into work, I clock in and go to my manager so I can get a cash drawer for my cashier position. I greet our customers as they walk in and take there order. In between of taking our customers orders, I sweep the floor, i wipe down the counters and just make sure everything is clean and presentable. i like working with my coworkers they were great people to work with, I would always look forward to going into work because of my co workers. I would say the hardest part of my job was cleaning the bathroom and taking out the trash because I never look forward on doing that. I learned great customer service, working as a team and having group effort, being organized on everything I do and i learned to have great communication skills because everything is about communication.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more