Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search
management terrible
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2016
Manager treated everyone like it was a popular contest. She had favorites, she took iver 10 hours out of my check. Corporate is pointless they just told her to pay me but she had a issue and wwanted to pick a fight. Told corporate and yet again was pointless. I was almost 5 months pregnant. She tried to get another coworker to trip me. And try to get another to pick a fight with me. I quit after that, a pregnant woman shouldn't be bullied at work smh... this job is terrible to work for.
Pros
pay was fair
Cons
management terrible
Entry Level
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLAugust 27, 2016
Entry level in store is not a very lucrative job. The hours are not worth it and the work and expectations are ridiculous.
Productive and fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PA 15090August 27, 2016
The job is in a fast paced environment in which you work to bring satisfaction to the customers. A typical day lasts for about 5 hours.
great environment
Café Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 26, 2016
great place to work, friendly ppl. They follow the law and create a great learning environment. They work by there standards that they advertise, they are true to what they say
amazing place loved working here
Panera Bread (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLAugust 26, 2016
This place was fun great workers. Great customers I had no problem working here if I still lived in florida I would love to work here physically it was to stressful on my body I was 4 months pregnant.
Productive at Panera
Crew Trainer I (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 26, 2016
Typical day i would be working on line and register whiling managing other task that the manager did not do.

I learned how to do register , stocking, keep open follow of commutation, multitask will help employees

Management at the store i worked at was awful. Some examples are: no commutation, no proper training was done, schedules were never on time, Products were never counted right.

Hardest part of my job was dealing with my managers, they never seemed to care or seemed to fix problems. Many times the employees would go out of there way to makes sure the customers would be happy

Second hardest was making sure there was a open commutation when working during a rush hour.

Most enjoyable would be working with the staff! they made hard times go by and always had your back. Help you understand something when you were in trouble or even lead you hand when you fall be hide! On top of the customers that were ever nice and it was nice to see the different types of people
Pros
50% off work under 12, half an hour brake
Cons
short brakes, low staff
Busy, Fun, Poor Management
Line Cook/ Drive (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 26, 2016
You have a routine at work,makes things easier when you have a game plan. Associates's ran everything, Management tend to stand there and maybe help out for half hour for their entire shift. Co-workers really work well and hard together due to being left on our own. The hardest days at work were being short staffed by a lot and we're slammed busy. I like a challenge, makes work more interesting.
Pros
discounted lunch & great co-works
Cons
treated poorly, Favoritism
Had a feeling of being home with healthy clean food and friendly workers
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 26, 2016
I loved it here working for this company as long as I did was because of the positive energy and wonderful management I found that it made me want to go the extra mile to help my customers and developed many friends with my customers and having there orders ready before they walked in the door.
Pros
Free lunches when i stayed over my shceduled time and vacation pay
Cons
I really had no cons with this company.
Not a bad place to work
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 26, 2016
The turnover rate here is high. I was able to get a good amount of hours. When I worked there, there was not really any room to improve. The management is 50/50, some of the managers are the best I ever had, the others not so much. This job gives you an opportunity to meet a wide range of people.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
Not much room to improve
i gave 3 yrs for nothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIAugust 26, 2016
im going to be honest I spent over 3 and a half years at this company and I got less then a dollar raise. they refused to advance me even though I showed great interest and the management doesn't care about anyone.

Want to know more about Panera Bread?

Ask a question
fun work place great team of workers
Meal Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTAugust 26, 2016
Panera bread was a fun work place somewhat fast paced

*prep food / make salads
*keep the dining room nice and clean that included taking empty plates away for costumer's and cleaning tables
*taking out trash
Pros
cheaper lunch
The company changed too much throughout the years
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNAugust 25, 2016
at the beginning of my work experience at Panera Bread the work i was required to do was very simple. Later on catering started to launch and more recently delivery. This addition of workers put scheduling into a frenzy and made doing small jobs almost impossible due to the extra choirs being added daily. I would have stayed longer if it wasn't for all these changes.
Productive workplace at Panera Bread
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2016
Panera Bread was overall a great experience. I learned a lot about the fast food industry and (in my opinion) one of the most important parts - how to get through a lunch rush. A lot of people may crack under the pressure of a lunch rush, but Panera Bread taught me how to stay calm, keep a smile on my face, and get better and better.
Good place to start
Manger (Current Employee) –  Brimfield, OHAugust 24, 2016
Good place to start working, people are very warm an welcoming. Helpful to new hires an good food. Very clean as well. Good with working with schedules!
Easy/Relaxed
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 24, 2016
Very relaxed environment, employees are fun and the customers are for the most part enjoyable. Pay isn't too great and breaks are non-payed but overall would recommend working here.
Fast paced team orientated work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 24, 2016
You are never bored at Panera. Busy, sometimes hectic work environment. Heavy in customer service and multi-tasking. Flexible hours and availability.
easy to move up
Baker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
as long as you can follow directions and have a great attitude you will succeed here. you must have discipline they require things to be done a certain way but that is why they are successful
Horrible job
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 22, 2016
There was a GM that was a woman and she was okay, but then I new GM came along. He was the meanest person I have ever met. He only cared about his self and no one else. He never recognized anyone's hard work and always look at the wrong you do and never the right. Whenever he needs some one to cover a shift or save his but, he will try to be nice but when he doesn't need you, he treats you unfairly. Worse experience I've ever had. They are always understaffed, always yell at the associates every time something goes wrong. This companies values are horrible. They do not treat their workers right at all. And the pay sucks. You have to work at least 50 hours to get a decent paycheck. This definitely a temporary job.
Pros
none !
Cons
Every thing!
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 22, 2016
Overall great place to work. All products are baked fresh daily and leftovers are donated nightly. Great group of employees. Professional work environment.
Pros
Good Food, Great customers and good values
Cons
Managers are a part of labor
Enjoyable to work at. Coworkers were great
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYAugust 22, 2016
The experience at Panera Bread was grandiose. It helped me to grow as a person, and a leader. My coworkers were reliable, and went above and behind to help out customers.