Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,877 reviews matching the search
easy to move up
Baker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
as long as you can follow directions and have a great attitude you will succeed here. you must have discipline they require things to be done a certain way but that is why they are successful
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 22, 2016
Overall great place to work. All products are baked fresh daily and leftovers are donated nightly. Great group of employees. Professional work environment.
Pros
Good Food, Great customers and good values
Cons
Managers are a part of labor
Enjoyable to work at. Coworkers were great
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYAugust 22, 2016
The experience at Panera Bread was grandiose. It helped me to grow as a person, and a leader. My coworkers were reliable, and went above and behind to help out customers.
Nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2016
It is a good restaurant, but they don't listen to when your available. I wish I could have a nice job working with animals but I'm not 18 years old. I prefer other places than Panera.
Pros
65% off
Cons
Bad scheduling
Panera Bread
Daybaker/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXAugust 22, 2016
Collaborate with management over stock/bakery trucks, maintain panera bread culture, long hours due to employment turnover rates, collaborate with co-workers on excellent service.
Pros
discounts
Lots of Opportunities for advancement
Associate Trainer Panera Bread (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 22, 2016
Productive place to work . lots of opportunities for Advancement but a lot of multitasking and hard work. Management is good but sometimes one can feel overworked depending on the style of management. Co workers are great and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is doing too many things at once and the expectations on accuracy is very stressful. Closing is very stressful as one is expected to complete a lot of tasks in a short amount of time.
Positive Working Place Loved my job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed working here and would still be here had I not married and had to move. I enjoyed the customers and getting to know each one of them. I enjoyed my co workers and bosses.
productive place to work
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Amherst, OHAugust 22, 2016
typical day involves serving guests, prep work, cleaning and fulfilling orders. Management needs to be worked on. Very strict about company policies.
fast paced job
cashier/dishwasher/barista (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAAugust 22, 2016
fast paced environment, managers need to be more organized about scheduling etc. very un organized scheduling wise, there would be too many people working in one area and not enough people working in other areas.
Experience in the food industry
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2016
Despite the low pay, I got along with everyone there and enjoyed working with my coworkers. I was always early and was one of the hardest workers there.

Want to know more about Panera Bread?

Ask a question
Competitive pay and amicable coworkers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2016
Working at Panera Bread was a great experience for me. I will always be grateful for the skills I learned while working there.
Stressful and fast paced
CASHIER / DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2016
The hours were long, balancing school and work was difficult, the managers were always caught in problems, my co-workers were always in drama. I learned how to work properly in stressful and fast paced environments. The hardest part was balancing school, working, and my personal life. The most enjoyable part of eating the food.
Pros
Food was delicious
Cons
Negative environment
Fast paced work environment
Busgirl/ Food Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAAugust 20, 2016
A typical day usually involved me cleaning up after guests, doing dishes, and restocking condiments. Co-workers were nice, management was overly strict.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
management
very fast past
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 19, 2016
Its a very face paced job. You are always moving. The hardest part is when you don't have enough people working a morning and a lunch shift.
Stressful position in food service management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Barrington, ILAugust 19, 2016
My direct supervisor was wonderful but I did not care for the district manager. Restaurant Management is very stressful. I had a great crew and enjoyed the fast pace, but the position was just not for me. I am a very hard worker and pride myself on having an usually strong work ethic, but I just did not enjoy going in each day. Hospitality management is not for everyone!
cashier
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49202August 19, 2016
Panera is a good family restaurant and a good atmosphere to work for. They are very understanding when it comes to school and personal matters.
Fun enivronment
Panera Bread Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 18, 2016
Management is very poor, if you tell them about a problem they brush it under the rug. Most enjoyable is the co-workers. What I have learned, good job if your in school but not if your trying to make a living.
Pros
discounts and breaks
Cons
healthcare
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAAugust 18, 2016
Easy job to have. Benefits are decent for managers. Pay is not in line with area markets. Opportunities are far and few between within company.
Management needs work
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 18, 2016
Its great if you want just an entry level, humdrum job to get you by while you are in school. However if you have any idea or dream to maybe make it a career or at least get some management under your belt, then this isn't the place for you. The two different locations I have worked are terrible. The upper management doesn't promote from within, likes to cut budget where they shouldn't (EXAMPLE: we no longer buy dish soap. too expensive. the dishwasher is enough sanitation), and doesnt carry though with any disciplinary actions (examples: getting high or drunk at work is ok, you dont get a written or verbal warning, action, nothing)

They like to hire young kids who have a problem with authority. So as an associate trainer, i am unable to train them to do something properly. My two locations have such a high employee turnover rate. I have been there only a year and am one of the senior employees.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
everything else
great
Area Training Manager/ General Manager Daily (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 18, 2016
Overall I really enjoyed working for this company. Very organized, pays great, great upper management. I love the quality of the food. customers were great. I also had lots of regulars that came in daily and sometimes 2x daily.