Panera Bread
2,280 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Panera Bread grew me as person.
Part time Associate (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Workplace, Job quality, Environment, Management
Cons: Short breaks
Working at Panera Bread was always a great time. On a daily basis I would perform basic duties such as deep cleaning, food production, customer service, and running the cashier. I learned working there to always stay level headed when things get busy and attention to detail because everything had to be perfect and quick. It also taught me great customer service skills to always keep the customers happy and represent the company in a good way. The managers were all great, they kept us at our sharpest and encouraged us to get better. The hardest part was probably handling large loads of stress during rushes and cleaning time. You had to do everything quickly, efficiently, and make it perfect but this grew me as a person I think because of the things it taught me. The most enjoyable part was the great working environment, it made it a good time to be there and developed a lot of good chemistry that translated well into work.
Forever evolving
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Southlake, TXMay 28, 2015
Panera is a great company with great people. The position is very demanding and you really can not have much of a life outside of work. Not the best job if you have young children.
It had it's UP's and DOWN's
TRAINER (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Discounted Lunches
Cons: No benefits
Like every food establishment, you're going to deal with great managers and not-so great managers. But compared to other restaurants, Panera is not bad. I had the pleasure of working with a really great team.
Great place to work but unfortunately one bad apple does spoil everything and Panera has one bad apple manager.
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee), Lima, OHMay 28, 2015
Great employees, great management team with one exception and the one exception is intolerable and a bully with outside issues and mental issues that should have ended her career a long time ago. Panera has staffing issues and they will never be resolved until someone has the guts to get rid of the cancerous manager.
Great People in a fun Atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee), Williston, VermontMay 28, 2015
Panera is a great job for managers or employees just stating out in the industry. They have amazing tools and systems and tools that help to make the staff and managers successful.
great atmosphere
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), matteson ilMay 28, 2015
Great place to work. My motto there is teamwork makes the dream work. We work as a team, and we get the job done. It is a fast pace work environment, but it makes the time pass quickly
fun place to work
cashie/barista (Former Employee), Troy, MIMay 28, 2015
Pros: 65% dicount
Cons: didnt always recieve a break
just a fun place to work a good experience on learning new food items. meet ne people been a customer service represenative
Managers
Café Associate (Current Employee), Brighton, NYMay 27, 2015
Managers know what they are doing and they take pride in their job. Makes it a better place to work. They are very friendly and care about the customers and making sure they leave satisfied.
Busy bakery-cafe
Cashier (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: it was busy
Cons: it was under staffed
this was my first restaurant job. I applied as a part time worker because I was in school but I always punched out with full time hours because they extremely under staffed. In my three years of working for Panera bread I went through about 10 different managers.
Fun and unproductive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Brooklyn CenterMay 27, 2015
Pros: 60 percen of on food items
Cons: Only get dicount when working
A typical day consist of a 250-300 sales per hour.

Constantly changing coffee pot and wiping down tables every hour. management are unprofessional in certain areas , and the coworkers gossip unconditionaly.Jobis overall easy and the customers are worth your time.
Needs a little work
Associate at Panera Bread, Northlake (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2015
From my store, and hear-say, I think the Panera Bread company itself needs improvement. Job duties and expected work need to be reevaluated.
Difference in corporate stores vs. franchise stores
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), North CarolinaMay 27, 2015
Working in a corporate store allows for quick advancement if qualified with quick raises that reflect work ethic. By working hard and following Panera standards, it is an enjoyable place with the ability to move up in the company.
Working in a franchise is not the same. Raises are almost nonexistent and the ability for advancement is slim.
summary of one work day
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: consistent hours, same weekly routine
Cons: minimim breaks, poorly trained managers
must clock in no earlier then 5 minutes before scheduled start of shift, paperwork is already out for what area each employee is working in, usually I get right to work in my assigned area which is almost the same area everyday. There are a lot of younger employees so it is hard to focus because no one seems to care about the goals of the job and is more focused on making friends after work. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demands of the lunch rush and customer requests and trying to focus on doing what seems like 20 different things at once and trying to listen to each voice and making the customer happy. The only real enjoyable part of the job is making connections with the everyday and or regular customers that seem to have a realistic outlook on like and don't refer to the café as just a job as management and the coworkers do.
catering cordinator
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: excellent tips
Cons: management, always on call, no job security, harassment in cafes
typical day started anywhere from 4-6 in the morning, by reviewing orders to be made that day for delivery and pickup. by 6 am the store would open and also bring more opportunity to receive more orders. management would constantly take you away from making your orders to help the cafe (this you would always have to expect or your orders would be late). In between making your orders you would have to take out delivery's your self and be back in time to finish all of your other delivery's before they are due to be delivered.
Management could either be very beneficial or very harmful for your business.
Fun, Productive, Exciting
Catering Coordinator / Team Trainer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 27, 2015
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. They pay thier employees a decent wage and they give plenty of opportunity for advancement whether it be raises, promotions, or other job opportunities. Management is really good.
great people to work with
Night Baker (Former Employee), Concord, CAMay 27, 2015
Cons: management, improper breaks
management was very inconsistent with what was told to us as employees. they shuffled us around a lot, to different locations and sometimes at the last minute or even mid-shift.
No Room For Growth
Associate (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: Good food, good customers, Good co-workers.
Cons: No benefits, Lazy Management, Minimum Wage even if you have better skills/knowledge, Request days off months in advance and they still wont approve due to low staffing
Co-workers were the best I have ever worked with very sweet and polite. Management is poor, all they care about is sports instead of doing their jobs and assisting customers. Management are all best friends/Room-mates so looking to grow with this company you better hope one or more leaves or gets fired. Not teachable, constantly getting yelled at for "not doing something correctly". Management will NOT give you a raise and keep you at minimum wage and hire employees with less knowledge and work performance and start them out at a higher wage then others. Management will make you open store alone so they can acquire an additional hour of sleep.
Keep your stay short, or move up quickly.
Cashier/Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee), Ballantyne, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount.
Cons: Everyone is titled part-time to prevent requiring to schedule us more hours.
Panera Bread is a decent place for a summer or first time job. After some serious time there you'll begin to see major faults in our operations and management that make it very difficult to keep as a full-time job. The food is great, but our customers at this location are very particular and can be genuinely aggravating. Like every other job you'll have, you need to learn the quirks of each manager in order to keep your sanity and prepare for your shift.
Very easy going, good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Easton, PAMay 27, 2015
I would help customers with their order, complete cash/credit transactions. Help make their experience a wonderful place to come and enjoy a meal and create an oasis. What I learned working there is more patience, even though I already have enough there are certain situations that arise while working there. Seeing how my managers handled the situation and try to resolve the issue taught me management skills I can take later on in life.
It was OK.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: 65% Discount.
Cons: Customers are entitled, managers aren't organized, company doesn't care enough about employees.
The job wasn't hard except for when they expect you to fill many positions at once. The management was sometimes disorganized and kept employees switching positions. The customers are OK for the most part but you get a lot of attitude from them too. The other employees were okay. You can get fired for anything really so be careful if you decide to work here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries