Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,683 reviews matching the search
Ew never again
Dinning room/ Barista/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 24, 2016
I was working as a dining room person and as a barista for a long time and only got trained as a cashier maybe 5 times. I covered dishwasher whenever they needed someone. They hired a friend of mine from elementary school to work in the dining room and two weeks after she got hired, she got to train on the registers and got to do that full time. I busted my butt for so long to not get promoted to another job really sucked. The managers sucked, the kids who worked there were aweful, and it was a bad environment to work for.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
NOTHING
Overall Panera has been an enjoyable experience.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 20, 2016
I have been working with Panera since 2014. Unfortunately I was in a car accident in 2012 and as a result suffered head and back trauma. The managers at Panera have been so incredibly compassionate and understanding of my health limitations, and appreciate my work ethic, so it has made my work experience much more enjoyable. A typical day at work consists of high stress, multi-tasking, and is very fast paced. It has taught me great patience, and a heightened sense of management skills.
Pros
Employee discounts, great people
Cons
High stress at times
My very first job and it was nice, but I wish they gave me more hours
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHJune 14, 2016
Panera Bread was my first job and I was hired in as a dishwasher, they respected me and they treated me no different (I'm disabled and I was the only black male working there) and I had a fun time, I loved the management and the rest of the crew, the atmosphere, and the music. I also liked how I would get paid in a form of a check!. The only bad thing I can say about this job is that I wish I was given more hours because I only worked 3 days a week, 4 hour shifts
Pros
The management, the atmosphere, getting paid every week, stress free environment
Cons
Wish they gave me more hours
Fun experience, nice environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be I would start greeting people and taking their order. I would have to complete a list of side work before my shift was over. I learned the greatness of working in customer service. I also learned, team membership and leadership. My co workers were very nice and helpful. The managers were like that as well. There honestly wasn't a hard part to this job. The most enjoyably part was seeing how happy the customers faces were when the would walk out.
A Day at Panera
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2016
At Panera Bread you receive a variety of different customers. Some will be regular customers and already know what they wish to consume. The managers are helpful in terms of flexibility and means us assistance if needed. My coworkers work as a team some are a little more knowledgeable than others. They encourage you to keep smiling even if you're having a tough day. The hardest part was I found was the clean up process afterward, but eventually that became easier. I think the most enjoyable part of working at Panera Bread is meeting the variety of people and getting a glimpse of different cultures.
Pros
Discounts on food
Working at Panera Bread
Cashier (Current Employee) –  899 Atlantic BeachMay 29, 2016
Panera bread is a good company to work for. I have been with them for over 2 years. I learned to become more social and interact with a lot of people on a daily. I enjoy meeting new people the most and making a connection with them. Making them want to come back because of the service that I give them. The hardest part of working is the busy rushes we have. A lot of flaws happen but are fixed right away. Management is okay. A typical day of work for me is clocking in and talking to my coworker of what has been done and what is needed to be done of me. I will begin those tasks if I have no customers or I will ring customers up with their order.
Constant Work and friendly costumers
Associate (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CA 90631May 23, 2016
At Panera there is always something to do which isn't hard at all but can get tedious at times. This makes the hours go by fast and by the end of the day you are left with the feeling of accomplishment of getting through the day.Most enjoyable when there are plenty of people within the store to handle the rush of costumers as there is a bond that forms when everyone is working as a team. The hardest part is when there is a rush usually later on into the night and there is only a few employees (usually one) to make the food.
Pros
50% off menu items, friendly employees
Cons
Odd hours at times
Panera was a great a great overall experience.
Dishwasher, Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2016
The work day at Panera Bread started at 4:00 am with heating up the soups, proofing and baking the bread, slicing and weighing meat and trimming the fruit for salads. I learned a lot about a standardized company and following procedures. During the time I worked at Panera Bread I had one notable manager. Co-workers moved in and out but there were a few good long-term co-workers. The hardest part about working at Panera Bread would be waking up at 2:00 am to start work at 4:00 am, on the other hand the most enjoyable part would be getting off work in the early afternoon.
Pros
Learned a lot about the food service industry
Cons
Really intense lunch rush.
Good for a starting job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 23, 2016
My co-workers were nice and some of the managers were nice as well. A typical day depended on what I was placed on and on how busy the day was. I would do whatever I was placed on and try to stay on top of things so when we closed we would be out before 10pm, but some times we would not get out until 11 pm. Whenever I asked for a certain period of time off, I would always feel like I would be punished before going and after returning. It is very hard to get a raise despite being there for a number of years. It is a good job to start with, but it is not a good one to stay for a long period of time.
Pros
Half of a meal, free drinks
Cons
Unpaid break, not really flexible with scheduling, hard to get a raise
Demanding and fast paced but a fun, friendly environment
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMay 25, 2016
Panera was a fun job. I worked as a server and busser so I served the customers their food and helped them with anything they needed. I also bussed and cleaned the tables when the customers left. The managers were very friendly and enjoyable to work with. The job was very fast paced and I was on my feet for the whole shift running around the whole restaurant, but because of that the shift goes by pretty quickly.
Pros
food discounts
Cons
demanding duties during shift
good company and amaizing management plus freindly , helping employees im happy there
mixer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2016
good company, good benefits , amazing management, people very friendly, team player the most enjoyable part is the lunch break wich is 30 minutes and I have good supervisor plus good manager, I learned a lot of skills and experience finally Panera bread the best place I have worked until now good blas my company and all management people with employees.
Pros
good lunch period
Cons
health care and gift card and vacation
Fun Workplace with Minimum Hours
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 2, 2016
Panera Bread is a great place to work. The employees are friendly as well as most of the management team. It is very fast-paced but if you get a little behind people are more then willing to jump in and help you. I enjoyed the relationships I was able to make there as well as being able to work with the general public. In the kitchen you do not feel cut off from the rest of the restaurant which is very nice and relaxing as well.
Pros
60% discounts, great co-workers, insurance
Cons
not enough hours
Great Culture...
Associate (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJune 3, 2016
The culture of Panera Bread is amazing. The Make-A-Wish donations, the friendly faces, and Panera warmth all come together to make you feel like you're in a good place. The management, at least at my store, needed a lot of work. There was very little communication between managers and they all showed clear favoritism. The relationship between co-workers was fun and active and very easy. Overall it was a great first job, but I'm very glad i moved on.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pricey food, management needed work, no benefits
Fun, hopping cafe with fast, great food
Night Baker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 5, 2016
Baked all breads, pastries, and sweets fresh every night while keeping a clean work area in a fast paced environment. Participated in daily ordering. Needed to multi-task and have the ability to work without supervision. Checked bakery products each morning, measuring size and color, ensuring they were within Panera's standards.

I enjoyed the challenge of having to multi- task, from shaping dough, proofing, baking, cleaning in between and getting prepared for the next night. I learned I work well by myself and that I need to have my priorities straight to have the best product each day.
Fast paced place to work
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted training any new employees in one of several different positions. When i was training i was working on the production line, making orders, or cleaning up the surrounding area which included sweeping, mopping, dusting, and sanitizing. The hardest part about this job was accurately producing orders while on a strict time limit, but the most enjoyable part was being apart of an amazing team.
Pros
Discount on Meals
Cons
Finding a cover was impossible
great place to work with the best customers
Cashier/ Team associate member (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2016
It was a great place to work, fast paced environment, I've learned a lot about customer service and gained experience working in a restaurant. Our managers was very understanding and professional, My co workers as confident and always willing to help new employees, the most enjoyable part of work was when we all work as a team to get stuff done
Pros
we got free lunch from managers according to you performance some days
Cons
The food was expensive and the discount wasn't enough
Productive and fun atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work involves taking orders and or making food for customers. Our job is not only to serve guests but to build relationships with our guests. I have learned that team work is imminent and communication is key. The management is amazing and they are all very friendly, understanding, and strict when need be. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is on the same page all the time so that our customers are always happy and keep returning. The most enjoyable part of the job is making friends with customers and getting to know their life outside of Panera as well as seeing them smile.
Panera Bread
Certified Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 17, 2016
Panera Bread was my first job and honestly I am grateful for the opportunities that it has given me. I learned how to deal with stressful situations with customers and how to make a delicious sandwich and how to keep maintenance in a dining room. The best part of the job was the paycheck every two weeks as well as my fellow employees. They always made my day. I think it is a great first job but not for a career unless you wanna move up the Panera Bread ladder.
Pros
50% off meals, Thirty Minute Breaks, Free Drinks(excluding speciality drinks such as Green Tea)
Cons
Management was very keen about clocking in early, Management don't like overttime
fast pace working duties
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 25, 2016
my job at Panera was Cashier/ bus boy. the minute I can I would have to get my cash registrar ready and take the customers order on the kind of food they want. If a customer has a food allergy we would notify the prep food about the food allergy so it wouldn't be contaminated. if the front wasn't busy I would have to stock the fridges of product, clean the tables, take care of the trash, refill the beverages, and etc. it was a constant cycle that you have to be quick about.
Their managment isnt very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2016
open the bakery case then take peoples orders. It us always busy during lunch rush. I learned that I need to speak up more and not grt walked all over. The management was not very good, they treated me like nothing and disregarded my job availability, but i loved my co-workers! The hardest part was probably waking up at 3:30 AM some days and working outside of my availability. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting food at break time.
Pros
good food
Cons
management wasn't very good