Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 6,318 reviews matching the search
My first job
Associate/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2017
Panera Bread was my first job I am thankful for laying a foundation with them. They taught me a lot of being responsible and having a consistent work life.
Fun employees
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYAugust 15, 2017
Overall not a very good company to work for if you want benefits. No paid vacation or sick days even for shift leaders. Highly physical environment and can be stressful at times.
Stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  The VillagesAugust 15, 2017
Never having worked "fast food" it is somewhat stressful and i dont believe we are paid accordingly. Do way too much work for such little, how do people even live on minimum wage? There is definitely room for growth and you get half off your shift meal.
Pros
Half off shift meal
Cons
No free food, have to remove next to all your jewelry
Corporate Atmosphere with a Family Vibe
Busser/Server/Food Line/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 15, 2017
Most days at Panera Bread were the same as you would expect as a customer, everything was in it's proper place and the routine became fairly simply once you got the hang of the procedure.
Pros
Benefits, Structure
Cons
Boring, Not Challenging
Fun
Cashier/Trainer/Line Production (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
I liked it here. The managers were something else. But the employees were so diverse. Panera kept me on my toes always changing things right when you get used to it.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAAugust 15, 2017
Fair working environment. Thorough training. The people that I trained with were all very kind and extremely helpful. I felt that I learned fast and was apart of the team.
I loved the morals they set for their employees
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 15, 2017
This job set the foundation for how I wanted to be at every job I would ever come across in the future. They treat their customers with the utmost respect and hospitality and, they try hard to make their establishment the "go-to" place for a company meeting or a quick brunch with an old friend. The employees are well taken care of and they care about your future no matter where it takes you!
Great job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 15, 2017
This was a great place to work at. I loved the environment and the people. There was teamwork and great customer service. Great food as well. I would recommend this place to anyone
social and happy work environment, bad management
Cashier and Barista (Current Employee) –  La Canada Flintridge, CAAugust 15, 2017
The associates are great and the hours are good as long as you make your availability open. The only problem is that if you expect the management to listen to you and expect to have any benefits/compensation, one should look elsewhere. The managers tend to work around your questions and not give direct answers, or are rude. Forget also about trying to move up the tree and get promoted because there is a good chance that you will not be promoted no matter how much leadership traits you show or how overqualified you are for a position.

The redeemable features are that customers remember you and ask you about your day, and that the associates themselves are great and you create a strong bond with those people.
Pros
great associates
Cons
bad managers, no chance of promotion
No bonus
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 15, 2017
Corporate Panera and Show Me Bread franchise are two entirely different things. The training was by corporate standards and organized. The benefits were decent. Manager's used to joke that raises and year end bonus were like unicorns,,you hear about them but you never see one. A lot of good people left because of this.
Pros
fast paced, high energy
Cons
pay
Productive and home like environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
Panera bread has Great employees and great mangers . It is a Great place to work and gain experience. I've learned alot here . That I will have with me as I continue my work life .
Pros
Discounts for meals
Cons
N/a
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
Panera is a fast paced place, customers are super sweet and it is super easy to learn the things there. The people you work with are super nice and everyone is like a family there
Pros
50% off for lunch
Cons
shrot breaks
I was being underpaid by the Evanston, IL store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 15, 2017
I started working at Panera in the south suburbs of Chicago and was being paid $8.75/hr. When I transfered to the Evanston location, I made it a point to ask if they would fix my pay to be the default rate that everyone is paid at, and the manager said yes. Everyone else was being paid $10.50/hr, but they never changed my pay no matter how many times I brought it up. Very poor management.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Bad management
The food was great
Genral Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 15, 2017
Very fast pace the greatest time was the staff I was able to hires great people with a very good Customer service mentality
it is very successful company
Pros
great food
Cons
Poor compensations.
Fun, fast-paced work life. Good managers, great coworkers.
Cashier/ Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers, the good and the bad. The managers were respectful; coworkers were very fun. The average day was definitely fast-paced, but it was a great mix of interacting with coworker-friends and meeting and chatting with kind, funny customers. Of course, not all were super kind, but the good always outweighed the bad. The hardest part of the job was obviously those few hard customers, but when you're surrounded by your friends, you quickly get over it.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, friendly managers, few altercations, good food.
Cons
Short breaks, low hourly wages, customer service
Not a good place to work.
Cashier, line worker, associate trainer (Former Employee) –  Elk River, MNAugust 14, 2017
The work is easy. Just the management is horrible. I was fired for giving my opinion on a manager who was being very rude and disrespectful towards me. Now I am currently a single mom with no job, searching really hard for a job. They don't care for you.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Bad management
fun to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 13, 2017
very good work environment. customers were stressful but overall good. My days were very long. Management wasn't very put together. I loved the reduced food price and my co workers were very nice.
Pros
coworkers, discount
Cons
management
Loved it great experience
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 13, 2017
Would do it again it was great I learned about 10 different breads 😂 It was lovely and the staff was very understanding and supportive they always made sure everything was ok
Pros
Great team member
Cons
Always packed
An amazing place to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAAugust 13, 2017
In all honesty working at a nice sit-down fast food restaurant was probably one of the most amazing places I have ever worked at. I would say in a personal opinion if you need a job that this would be one place I would recommend for someone looking for a job because even though some work days were rough everyone I have worked with got along with one another, it was an easy job to understand and the managers were there to help me if I did have a question. In all honesty I do not believe there was a hard part in my job requirements at all everything in the restaurant was self explanatory. I would also like to say that the most enjoyable part of my job was taking orders because I got to connect with the regular customers and I also loved to be the food runner and take the meals to our guests and connect with them in such a small manner. There was not one thing about this job that I did not like at all.
Pros
Everytime we got something new that came in we all got to try it.
Cons
Poor management when you needed someone.
Really busy
Prep Cook, Cashier - Duties (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85020August 13, 2017
During lunch hours this place is really busy. The management likes to combine a lot of positions instead of giving each section its own person. They are really strict on hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.