Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Great people and employees, bad system and bad managment
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts, Kind employees, Nice customers, flexible scheduling
Cons: Short breaks, bad compensation, bad management, disorganized, continuous adjustments, unpaid commitments
A typical day at work would generally be stressful and unorganized, people are to do multiple jobs at once that they wouldn't be compensated for and didn't sign up for, I learned the realities of the food industry, however, management could be very unprofessional at times. My co-workers were very reliable and easy to socialize with, however the hardest part of the job was generally management, and they wouldn't give anybody space to do their job because they're afraid of being hounded by HQ if something isn't done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was certainly the employees and people I got to meet in the process.
Spinning its wheels
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Modest employee discount.
Cons: Difficulty getting legally required breaks
Like many large, corporate restaurant chains it suffers from a divide between the corporate and the store communities. The organization could vastly improve itself if ideas from store employees were not swept aside. Innovation is key if chains are to continue to flourish in this day and age, and Panera's stores continue to fall behind in properly serving their customers in the way that Specialty's, Potbelly's, and other similar companies do.

The store I worked at was rife with issues. We were often out of many of our menu items, disappointing our guests. Many problems could have been prevented by managers communicating with each other, but personal dramas create a rift which leads to the next shift's manager to come in often with very few words exchanged with their predecessor.
interesting customers , good food
Cashier (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 25, 2015
Very morning and afternoons, loud fast paced, many managers available, lots of co-workers young and fun, hardest part of job was the pace, most enjoyable was food.
Cool environment to work in
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Doral, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food
Cons: Odd hours
Panera was pretty much an internet cafe where people would come to eat and hang out for a little bit maybe to study or to relax.This was my first customer service experience where i learned to help customers in a orderly and timely fashion and also how to work in a kitchen and food line. I liked the job because i worked with mostly young people around my age group and i got to meet alot of different types of people. The hardest part was probably at the end of the day trying to close the store in a short amount of time.
Below is a review of my experience working at Panera Bread
Associate (Current Employee), Plaistow, NHAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed the work days at Panera for the most part. The cooperation has solid systems dialed in for its employees to quickly and easily prepare the food.
I mostly worked with the food but enjoyed interacting with the customer. Sometimes I made my way to the cash register but they kept me on the line most often.
I enjoyed working with all of my managers and most of my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job was changing my circadian clock to wake up at 3AM in order to open the restaurant at 4AM.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with people during the day hearing their stories and making and eating the food after a long day.
Overall, good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor/Food Cost Specialist (Current Employee), Norridge, ILAugust 25, 2015
Typical day at work was hectic. Fast pace environment which I loved. My most valuable learning experience was learning how to trust without reason. You must first believe that the customer or employee is being truthful and give them that opportunity to prove or disprove there own honesty if that be the case. I worked with an awesome team of employees. Hard-working and for the most part loyal. The hardest part of the job was the amount of team I spent worrying about the job. when I was at work I was worried about work and when I was with my family I still worried about work. But the part I found most enjoyable was the people I worked with and the customers I saw on a regular basis.
night baker position
full time baker (Former Employee), lakewoodAugust 25, 2015
working at panera was an amazing company but i grew tired of the nighttime hours. A typical night for panera would start with the cafe staff leaving and me prepping the baker area. the night is then followed by me working alone and baking all of the dough and sweats product for the next day. I have to call the manager hotline and check in with my boss every night to tell him if i am missing any product. i am in charge of all of the ordering for the bakers, including supplies. i enjoyed working for the company a lot but have to my on.
busy enviroment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: discount on food, keeps you active
Cons: get busy, not long enough breaks
Great people mostly good workers which is a must, especially working in this fast pace environment, you need to be able to work together as a team
fine
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 24, 2015
Everything is fine, I enjoy working with the people that I work with. Not a very challenging job. Show up and work your hardest and you will be fine.
Productive & friendly work environment
Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment
Cons: none
Panera is a faced paced high energy and friendly work environment. I enjoy greeting and providing excellent customer service to our regulars.
High passed restaurant and bakery.
Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2015
Pros: 30 minute breaks every shift.
Cons: No benefits and no room to move up corporate latter.
Panera Bread is very sanitary and clean. Management is sometimes confusing. Not very much opportunity for promotions or raises. They do not offer benefits to part-time workers. They are good about giving breaks. Over all not a bad place to work.
Managers who often bully but the coworkers are cool
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Leesburg, VaAugust 22, 2015
Pros: the discount, the food
Cons: everything is from a freezer, managers are rude
If you mess up (which any human does) you are hollered at and sent home instead of provided with constructive feedback. In any restaurant everyone wants to be entirely too personal so it makes for an awkward environment when things don't work out between those who have shifts together. Often ran out of what was needed and of course a lot of the customers you had were rude. The coworkers did make coming to work interesting and everyone had their own quirk which made it worth going everyday.
fun
Crew Member (Former Employee), Birmingham, MIAugust 21, 2015
Panera is a fun place to work but doesn't have much room for growth, they don't like to cross train or push crew to be better or want to be leaders.
Fast pace and good food
Cashier/Customer Service/Inventory (Current Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2015
I is fast and can be hard at times. But you should havea good team behind you to help you out. I have not worked there long but the managemnt is okay and at times fun and supportive.
Fast pace bussiness
Manager (Current Employee), South Bend, INAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Hours work are not good for quality of life
Panera is a good company to work for with good salary and advancement opportunities. Expectation of only 45 hours a week.
Panera is a great company
Baker (Current Employee), La Plata, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, good benefits, decent pay
Cons: Working overnight, hard to balance life and work
Panera is a great place to grow in a workplace. Their roots and what they stand for is a good influence to anyone who works there. Food is amazing and fresh and you get a feel that everyone takes their jobs seriously.
okay so working my position is contradictory to my review but it proves i got love for them back theres
back of the house (Former Employee), 5701 sunset driveAugust 20, 2015
Pros: 85% panera meals (all) so you get to save $20 every day!, they pay for many things that are personal for you too.
Cons: the work is very very demanding (if your not the cashier LOL) try not to get soap in your eyes!, also trash is heavy I'm a small guy
this job is what i would've considered a h3ll hole. back breaking work hunching over a sink for hours and working doubles was entirly exhausting. during rush hours back there getting slammed with all the dishes was the ultimate catastrophe and definitely a catalyst for divine adrenaline. now i drive a slow moving motorcycle but i guess this still defines me as a sweet sweet adrenaline junkie because i did however stay with this job for over an entire year. something i would never have dreamed about upon initially reaching employment. but I'm really glad and proud of myself for sticking with such an adversary for so long and I'm sorry that i had to get fired even though i really wasn't trying to do that (at least very hard) i wouldn't talk about any of my co-workers because there was lack of malicious intent. the work was just really incredible. out of this world.
Panera bread
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), La Cañada Flintridge, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: $10 provided for lunch everyday.
Cons: management, no coworker teamwork
as an overnight baker, you deal with a lot of things at night. for example, equipment might not be working, there would be a high possibility that the night crew or day baker might of left a mess for you to clean up, other bakers don't clean when they're supposed to, there really isn't any consideration when you work at some cafes. often times, management would not take what you have to say into consideration, if there's ever an issue, it would be left up to us bakers to handle and resolve our issues with one another and I personally don't think that's how it should be handled. Management needs to care more and handle their employees the way that they need to.
we don't get any overtime either. there was also a lot of favoritism between management and bakers which I found ridiculous.
simple job
Associate (Current Employee), newburgh, NYAugust 19, 2015
way to much stress involved clock in clock out when you can or let you deal with people clean cook rap food and plate orders
Very relaxed environment. Work at your own pace.
Baker (Former Employee), Summerville, SCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: work at your own pace, free meal.
Cons: Lack of communication sometimes..
I enjoyed working at Panera Bread. Management was very helpful with all baker needs. A typical day at work, I go in, turn on the ovens and begin prepping all pastries and breads ready to bake. The hardest part of the job was the amount of tasks that needed to be completed before your shift was over. Took awhile to get into the hang of things. The most enjoyable part was we got to listen to any music we wanted, we could break whenever we wanted as long as things were running smoothly.
Headquarters