Panera Bread
2,487 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Very stressful environment with no clear leadership.
Cashier (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: You get to take home all the bakery goodies that aren't eaten by then end of the day, unless they are being donated that night
Cons: Everything else
Your are expected to memorize the enitre menu including allergens and the history behind each ingredient for very little money. My entire first week of work, I spent on the computer taking an online class about coffee and then was expected to just know the register and how to run all of the equipment, there was no one to shadow and no leadership. I was attending college courses and made my availability clear when I applied for the position and yet was only scheduled during my class times after repeatedly talking to each manager. There is no cohesiveness or communication among managers.
productive workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
Cons: short breaks
The management was a little undecided. I would have my schedule with my assignments and they would assign me to someplace completely different in the restaurant. The job was very fast paced and kept me on my feet.
customers made your day better
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 28, 2015
Pros: discounted stuff
Cons: hardly got a lunch
A very busy place but rewarding, good food and guest use to love hearing us laugh. worked as a team for the most part. wonderful surrounding for evening meeting ect..
Pay is fair, but too stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free Pastries
Cons: No real breaks, a lot of "Clopens"
You are more of Glorified Cashier, because you're stuck at a position for most of the day. As a food cost manager, you have to put extra hours just to get your non shift duties completed
Productive with management issues
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2015
A typical day at Panera Bread was very productive however, sometimes there were a lot of issues with management. Inconsistency with management.
Busy and Team focused
Assistant Manager/Interim General Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Advancement opportunity
Team focused
Training is graeat
Support from upper management
Complex module that challenges you
Really good customer base
Compatative with salary
Surrounded by great people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVJuly 27, 2015
I have worked at three different Panera's during my time of employment. Each one has been a very enjoyable experience and I have made some of the best friends through the company.
Great job for a younger crowd
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Blacklick, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: was close to home where i last lived
Cons: Bad pay, no communication between management
The job is definitely geared towards High school students. There is a glass ceiling above you pretty much from day one. Was tough work for little pay. If you are offered a raise get it in writing first. They tend to not give you what was promised.
Manager (Current Employee), Leesburg, VAJuly 27, 2015
Panera mangement style is hands on approach it's a good company to work. While working at Panera your traning is very good and will allow you to build yourself professinally as a manger.
So much to do
Overnight Baker (Former Employee), Clifton NJJuly 27, 2015
Getting to work early and preparing my station. Preparing things to be baked off . I worked alone so sometimes it was difficult. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was proofed on time and never over proofed because everything had different proof time, but the best part was seeing the set up and how everything looked after it was set up in the display case.
great coworkers
Food prep/Night Baker (Former Employee), Saint Robert, MOJuly 27, 2015
great co workers, management was ok, needed more hours and wouldnt give them to me and wouldnt let me advance. Fun place to work for a little while
Good place to work, but not to grow
Associate Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Good discounts, great food
Cons: hours cut, being sent home early, benefits are sub par
I liked working at Panera at first. I love the drive and message of the company and they idea that "fast food" could be healthy. Unfortunately I've found that advancement is very rare and often managers come from outside the company. I would like to advance and found that it is not going to happen with this company.
It only gets worse...
Bakery Cashier (Former Employee), Newport, KYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: management, broken promises
When I started, I was promised the pay I was getting at my old job, and was promised to move up in the three months time, because of my job experience as a food manager already. They never gave me a raise, never trained me to move up and they started cutting my hours and making the schedule with "open shifts" for people to claim instead of giving me the 40 hours they had me working at the start. The management just got worse as time went on.
Good experience
Night Baker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2015
Panera is a nice company to work for. However, there are some communication issues and the shift is tiring without a break.
Good opportunity to learn
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Norman, OKJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Schedule, Management, Advancement Opportunities
Cons: Work load, Wage
Great management, great coworkers. There are different types of work that can be done in Panera Bread, so if you don't like what you're doing you can always get cross-trained and learn something new.
Strong, dedicated management team leading staff of PTEs while stressing customer service and value everyday in every way.
Café Associate (Former Employee), Westminster, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: 65% off cafe food and beverage, Breaks after 3+ hours on floor, flex hours - they try and accomodate PTE's needs
Cons: If you haven't done restauarant work, great place to start. Good corporate culture abounds -- "No Jerks Allowed", fast paced and multi-tasking a must-have
Enjoyed my time there. Andrew Ibarra and his team of assistant managers do care for their people; work hard to train them and set a positive example. Hectic pace as you'd expect for breakfast and especially lunch. Tipping not stressed but I managed to get $5-$15 per 5 hour shift when staffing the dining room.. Really enjoyed the team and customer interaction.
A very fun upbeat work environment. Team work is key.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYJuly 23, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Panera. Growth was minimal but overall it was a very fun experience. Very family oriented work enviornment. Also very professional.
Challenging but fun
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), NJJuly 23, 2015
Working at Panera Bread was a blast. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up at the end of the shift, which wasn't much of a task to begin with.
Productive fast pace place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of coming in and prepping the food I would need for the day to make the salads. Through out working here I learned that your coworkers is what makes work fun not always the management or the way the establishment is ran.
typical day at work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: 60% off food
Cons: no growth and no over time
Its a very fun workplace. All employees get along and laugh, including the management. Very nice place to work if their was more growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries