Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 5,131 reviews matching the search
day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MI 48331April 21, 2017
fast paced, great team. great benefits, manger made me feel more at home instead a "typical day at work". Great food. bakery items are also Delicious.
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIApril 21, 2017
Great flexible schedule especially when you are in school. Awesome and loyal customers who are fun and great conversations with. Great amount of discount while youre working.
A great first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 21, 2017
Panera was my first job and I could've have chose a better place. The scheduling is extremely flexible, the work environment is great, and you're constantly busy so the day goes by fast.
Pros
Employe discount, flexible hours, fun work environment
Cons
Lack of training, short breaks, if you can't find someone to cover your shift then you have to come in you can't just call in sick
High Stress Work environment
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 21, 2017
The staff and the managers were good, the only problem is that it's a high stress work environment especially during lunch rushes and the pay is not adequate for the work you do.
Depending on what store your in it could be a fun job or vary stressful..
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 21, 2017
Kentlands is fun to work at. Beltsville is fun to work at. Dobbin square is a challenge but if your hard working and dedicated you might get far. the job itself isn't hard but its the customers. some are nice some are racist to be honest, but you can just ignore those few select people.
Employees were good, not such much management
Cashier,dinning room/back of house (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 21, 2017
Panera overall is good depending on which panera you work at. Mine had very petty bosses who played favoritism. Didn't do much, because they were too busu talking about other in the office.
Pros
Bosses would pay for my lunch and give me rides home, made more then mim wage, employees
Cons
Management sucked, short hours and favoritism
Productive and fast pace..
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 21, 2017
I love working at Panera. The hospitality and warm welcoming is not only to their customers, but their EMPLOYEES as well!.. Only reason why i'm trying to find another job is because my hourly wage isn't enough for my household :(
Pros
awesome people, you help the less fortunate, and food discounts !
Busy workplace
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 21, 2017
A typical day at Panera was a busy one where there was one rush after another. I really enjoyed the busy and fast paced rushes during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I constantly enjoyed being occupied where time flew by and moving around. As for me, standing around is not part of my work ethic and being on the line there was always something to do. I acquired much professional patience and how to work well under pressure which are only a few of many skills acquired there. In all honesty management is rough there but now a days it seems hard to find good management. The hardest part of my job was the stress, coming in to find responsibilities incomplete and slack to pick up after. The most enjoyable part of my job was the laughs shared with a good crew in the midst of chaos.
I stay busy all my shift.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ove Hermitage, TNApril 20, 2017
When I get there I sign on to the register. Start taking customers orders, and fill order's as they come. Restock product and assist customers and co workers when needed.
Pros
I love the people I with and my customers.
Cons
It hard on my back. Will explain in person.
Customer Service
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 20, 2017
Panera was a great first job, I worked for this company for a long time and learned the ins and outs of customer service with them. I enjoyed working at Panera and learned a lot of valuable skills.
Not for me
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 20, 2017
It is very fast paced and there are multiple factors involved if you're making the food. Management was nice for the most part. There were many younger people that worked there like high schoolers.
Pros
Free drinks, food discount during break or right after you get off
Cons
Early hours, young workers
It is flexible
Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 20, 2017
Working here is easy. Sometime the manager can be unprofessional. The pay is decent for starters. It is a fun place to work at and it is enjoyable if you make it. it can be stressful with high volume of customers but overall its enjoyable.
Pros
Fexible, easy work
flexible scheduling
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 20, 2017
Good job, amazing first job, expect to work hard and enjoy the company of your coworkers. The managers are very accommodating and fair. You don't get enough raises.
Pros
Amazing managers
Cons
low pay
Great first job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 20, 2017
When I worked there everyone started off working in the dining room before moving anywhere else. I Learned the menu and went to cash. Cash was better because you always had someone with you.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLApril 20, 2017
Work with your schedule with school or other activities, still had competitive pay rates, lots of opportunities to learn new skills and traits around the place, got to try many different positions, fast paced environment, great management
Pros
Discounted food, nice breaks
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 20, 2017
A typical day required taking a lot of orders and packing up items for donation. I learned that some customers may be rude but customers are always right. Management was sort of uptight. The workplace culture was very fast paced and talkative. The hardest part was getting the managers to change an order when a customer changed their mind. The most enjoyable part was some of the workers.
good workplace
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 19, 2017
they don't let you eat the food. they count everything there. the leftover food they throw away at the end of the night. overall the experience to with their was good
Pros
no pros
Cons
must stand the entire shift
Horrible morale
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYApril 19, 2017
Its insane and its like a mad house. Managers don't even know what they're doing, New working hour schedule is not conducive to family life.You never get recognized by managers for going out of your way. There is no communication, you jump on your register and do your work.
Pros
percentage off meals
Cons
sometimes no breaks, they just want a person there, they don['t care who it is
An enjoyable work place and great co workers.
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 19, 2017
Was a fun and happy environment.
I learned how to prep and make plates with natural and healthy food.
Hardest part of my job was starting out making dishes in 2 and a half minutes.
Panera.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 19, 2017
Be prepared to work in a stressful work environment. Not a job you can really slack on. Panera has very high standards that they are very prideful of!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.