Panera Bread Employee Reviews

fast food
Manager (Current Employee), Hickory, NCAugust 30, 2015
good food, horrible upper management, harassment. Would be a great place for first time jobs if things were managed better.
Production line and Baking
Lead Associate (Former Employee), Newburgh, nyAugust 29, 2015
Pros: free bread or pastries, had early shift
Cons: co workers got frustrated easily
Set up lines working morning shifts. Learned to work at a high level efficiently. Management was helpful. Co workers were fun. Hardest part was catering while still doing customers orders. the most enjoyable part of the job was baking pastries and bread
Very demanding
Catering Coordinator/Trainer Performing (Current Employee), Montgomery,AlAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Solid hours
Cons: not enough help
Very demanding work environment. Not much help with catering orders or deliveries. Not great tip compensation. Not enough help with orders.
Productive and fast paced
Baker (Current Employee), Standale, MIAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, vacation pay
Cons: Lack of communication between management
Not a bad place to work third shift, once you pick up on the basics you just need to fine tune your routine. Training was thorough, and working with others (for a brief time before being sent to cafes to work alone) aided in learning new and effective methods. Although my bosses were fairly accommodating to my school schedule and more than reasonable about requests provided there was appropriate notice, the lack of overall communication between management and employees became taxing. Room for advancement within the company in my position was minimal.
what i enjoyed most
Associate Trainer/Zone leader/Line worker/Cashier (Current Employee), Glendale, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: team-work oriented staff
Cons: not fully compensated for work
I loved the environment that was brought by my fellow employees at Panera. It made communication a breeze and made me a very outgoing and talkative leader. There was nothing like getting the satisfaction of having a whole shift go on without a hitch, due to proper preparations. I alone was held responsible for the upkeep and running of the store at times and enjoyed it the most.
Hard Working Environment With Fun People
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: 65% discount on food, friendly staff, being able to show tattoos
Cons: Short breaks, terrible hours, no tips, no piercings
The Panera I worked at was inside of the South Park mall in Charlotte, NC. It was one of maybe three in the country that had a location actually in a food court. Most of my co-workers were high school, and college students. A few of them knew our GMs from working at other Paneras. The hardest part of the job, for me was making sure I stuck to a precise form of conduct. Our superiors want a customer to have the same experience at all of our locations. The easiest part of the job was making sure each customer felt what we called "Panera Warmth".
Great food, good people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAAugust 28, 2015
The food is great so customers are already pleasant. I enjoy working there part time and like the benefit of discounted purchases.
Very friendly co-workers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good benefits for employers
Cons: managers always forgot breaks for employers.
Very friendly people to work with and very welcoming. Respectful and a very clean environment. I learned how to be more patient and care for the customers needs. Management was very helpful and friendly when it came to the workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember the customers names the come in on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part was developing a relationship with the customers.
Flexible, yet consistent
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAAugust 27, 2015
Consistent schedule, helpful management, room for growth. Benefits, 401k and other opportunities available. Hardest part of the job cannot be helped, because the most difficult part of the job is dealing with disgruntled customers.
leadership skills-integrity-loyalty
Director of Operations (Former Employee), East Coast of FloridaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: customer service- hospitality
Cons: travel-priorities
developing
hiring
terminating
opening new cafes
r/m
An unstable company with little benefits and no chance of advancement.
Co-manager (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 27, 2015
Hours vary, work 1st shift but mostly 3rd shift. Started as a baker and worked my way up the chain to a Baker Training Specialist with certifications throughout. Management is unstable, 7 market managers within my 10 years with the company. Co-workers are very supportive in one market and unsupportive in the other. Varied hours with little to no support would be the hardest part of my job. I enjoy training and working with my employees on a day to day basis. Watching employees grow within the company is enchanting.
Great people and employees, bad system and bad managment
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts, Kind employees, Nice customers, flexible scheduling
Cons: Short breaks, bad compensation, bad management, disorganized, continuous adjustments, unpaid commitments
A typical day at work would generally be stressful and unorganized, people are to do multiple jobs at once that they wouldn't be compensated for and didn't sign up for, I learned the realities of the food industry, however, management could be very unprofessional at times. My co-workers were very reliable and easy to socialize with, however the hardest part of the job was generally management, and they wouldn't give anybody space to do their job because they're afraid of being hounded by HQ if something isn't done right. The most enjoyable part of the job was certainly the employees and people I got to meet in the process.
Spinning its wheels
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Modest employee discount.
Cons: Difficulty getting legally required breaks
Like many large, corporate restaurant chains it suffers from a divide between the corporate and the store communities. The organization could vastly improve itself if ideas from store employees were not swept aside. Innovation is key if chains are to continue to flourish in this day and age, and Panera's stores continue to fall behind in properly serving their customers in the way that Specialty's, Potbelly's, and other similar companies do.

The store I worked at was rife with issues. We were often out of many of our menu items, disappointing our guests. Many problems could have been prevented by managers communicating with each other, but personal dramas create a rift which leads to the next shift's manager to come in often with very few words exchanged with their predecessor.
interesting customers , good food
Cashier (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 25, 2015
Very morning and afternoons, loud fast paced, many managers available, lots of co-workers young and fun, hardest part of job was the pace, most enjoyable was food.
Cool environment to work in
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Doral, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food
Cons: Odd hours
Panera was pretty much an internet cafe where people would come to eat and hang out for a little bit maybe to study or to relax.This was my first customer service experience where i learned to help customers in a orderly and timely fashion and also how to work in a kitchen and food line. I liked the job because i worked with mostly young people around my age group and i got to meet alot of different types of people. The hardest part was probably at the end of the day trying to close the store in a short amount of time.
Below is a review of my experience working at Panera Bread
Associate (Current Employee), Plaistow, NHAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed the work days at Panera for the most part. The cooperation has solid systems dialed in for its employees to quickly and easily prepare the food.
I mostly worked with the food but enjoyed interacting with the customer. Sometimes I made my way to the cash register but they kept me on the line most often.
I enjoyed working with all of my managers and most of my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job was changing my circadian clock to wake up at 3AM in order to open the restaurant at 4AM.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with people during the day hearing their stories and making and eating the food after a long day.
Overall, good company to work for.
Shift Supervisor/Food Cost Specialist (Current Employee), Norridge, ILAugust 25, 2015
Typical day at work was hectic. Fast pace environment which I loved. My most valuable learning experience was learning how to trust without reason. You must first believe that the customer or employee is being truthful and give them that opportunity to prove or disprove there own honesty if that be the case. I worked with an awesome team of employees. Hard-working and for the most part loyal. The hardest part of the job was the amount of team I spent worrying about the job. when I was at work I was worried about work and when I was with my family I still worried about work. But the part I found most enjoyable was the people I worked with and the customers I saw on a regular basis.
night baker position
full time baker (Former Employee), lakewoodAugust 25, 2015
working at panera was an amazing company but i grew tired of the nighttime hours. A typical night for panera would start with the cafe staff leaving and me prepping the baker area. the night is then followed by me working alone and baking all of the dough and sweats product for the next day. I have to call the manager hotline and check in with my boss every night to tell him if i am missing any product. i am in charge of all of the ordering for the bakers, including supplies. i enjoyed working for the company a lot but have to my on.
busy enviroment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 24, 2015
Pros: discount on food, keeps you active
Cons: get busy, not long enough breaks
Great people mostly good workers which is a must, especially working in this fast pace environment, you need to be able to work together as a team
fine
Hourly Associate (Current Employee), Orchard Park, NYAugust 24, 2015
Everything is fine, I enjoy working with the people that I work with. Not a very challenging job. Show up and work your hardest and you will be fine.
Headquarters