Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 5,782 reviews matching the search
Positive and fast-paced work environment
Senior Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJune 22, 2017
Panera Bread in Big Rapids, MI is a very positive and fact-paced work environment with understanding and upbeat management. I learned how to interact with customers in a professional manner and much more.
Benefical and easy job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
I was a cashier at this job and i loved it! i loved the people and especially how kind my boss was. The job also has great beneifts for employees and im grateful to have this job as my first real one.
Benefits
bad management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 22, 2017
they dont really know how to manage a team. I feel really uncomfortable working there now after almost two years of working there. the hardest part of the job was having to work in a place you dont feel wanted or uncomfortable.
Awful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 22, 2017
Awful place, terrible managers. The general staff I worked with were amazing and I loved being with them. JADED managers in every way possible. Scheduling was all over the place, they were cutting people's hours, treated us with zero respect, and yelled at teenagers for everything you can imagine. I highly recommend NEVER working at Panera since you will be unfairly treated by managers and customers. Miserable place with miserable people.
Pros
Free food at the end of the night
Cons
Literally everything else.
Incredible work staff
Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 22, 2017
Management is all over the place. It's not a cohesive machine, and some shifts are better run with one MOD! In my time at this job, you will not find a more helpful staff and associates. Every team member tries to help each other out and supports one another on shift. The employees make it great.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
Disrespect from managers.
Panera Bread
Server, cashier, food prep (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 21, 2017
Panera Bread is a decent job fora those who's are getting there first jobs in highs school. The specific panera that I work at currently is very unorganized and the management isn't all that great. But I have worked at several other Panera Breads but overall it's a good company with good working opportunities.
Interesting work environment
Line Cook/Bakery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 21, 2017
At the particular location I worked, there were unethical behaviors taking place within the work place. I made attempts to discuss these activities with several managers only to find out they already knew and did not care. I enjoyed staying busy in this workplace, though I felt uncomfortable at time with the extra curricular activities taking place. On the other hand, I excelled quickly in the performance of my duties, gaining two raises with the first four months of employment. Due to the behaviors I could not agree with, I left the job without notice. A decision I felt was necessary, though regrettable in retrospect.
Pros
fast paced, regulatory, experience oriented
Cons
unprofessional management team
fun hard work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 21, 2017
very busy fun atmosphere- its a standing fast pace environment with friendly staff and customers - great training program for managers they really invest in their people
A Great Place to Start
Hourly Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJune 21, 2017
Panera was my first job in high school and after I left to go to college. Flexible hours, good pay-to-work balance, understanding management that can be talked to and trusted with personal issues. To make a career out of it would take time, and in the 2 1/2 years being there I've only seen one person promoted to shift manager. Raises of bi-yearly as well as whenever you learn to work in a new area of the store.
Pros
65% of food for every day that you work*
Cons
Have to be full time to receive benefits. *Can't use discount on days you don't work.
Fast pace and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CAJune 21, 2017
A typical morning shift at Panera is very calm until 11 when the morning rush comes end and typically dies Down toward 2 or 2:30. During that time everything becomes very fast paced
Fast Paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Fast paced environment where you'll always be on your toes. It's nice to run time by quick, food is great, managers are terrific where i was employed.
fun and good experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2017
i loved working there for the tine i was there. i just didnt get along with the manager all to well but the enviroment and people working with me were great.
pretty chill place
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 21, 2017
Your day starts with breakfast which is usually not that bad depending on the day of the week but lunch is pretty fast with a lot of orders. It all works out though because you have some people that do embrace the aspect of team work
summary
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 20, 2017
Working here was great. Employees created a healthy environment but the general manager had a terrible attitude which in turn created some unhealthy struggles during a days work.
Good company typical food
Food preparer and dining room service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2017
Overpriced food you can make yourself at home for a fraction of the price. I only worked here to help pay my way through college, so it was worth it for that.
Wonderful place to work for
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CA and Camarillo, CAJune 20, 2017
Managers are wonderful, atmosphere is great. A typical day at work would consist of greeting all customers, building trust and new relationships. Providing the best customer service and trying to resolve any issues that would arise in a respectful and proffesional manner.
Pros
wonderful atmosphere
Cons
No benefits available
Not teen recommended
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 20, 2017
I only worked for two weeks and the management at both places I was offered the job and found the communication to be unreliable and stressful. I would not advise working here .
Pros
Good start pay
Cons
Horrible management
Excellent Work Environment & Employees
Cashier, Production Line, Busser/Dish, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job is not expecting a rush out of no where. If the rest of my crew isn't properly stocked up then that'll throw off the rest of the team on the speed of time. At my work, we want to be as fast as possible to get the food out towards the customers under three minutes.
Panera
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJune 20, 2017
It is an okay company to work for, nothing too special but a great starter job or job when you are in school. Many different jobs there so many different people can work there.
Take it for what it is
Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 20, 2017
This is a great part time job, one I used to supplement my pay while working a different job. This company cares not just about its employees but also about the community and it's refreshing.
Pros
Flexible, good food, discount
Cons
Part time, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval