Panera Bread Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,797 reviews matching the search
Fun and professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDJuly 28, 2016
Relaxed environment that focuses on the personal lives of associates and customers. Managers are fun and focused on creating customer loyalty.
Pros
Half off food, free food at night
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
Managers take advantage of you.
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYJuly 26, 2016
People call out without getting reprimanded, not enough people get scheduled, managers do not know how to manage situations.
Panera Cafe 710 was an OK place to work as long as the GM wasn't there.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 26, 2016
Typical work day good if the Gm wasn't there as he gets stressed out to easy and takes it out on employees and that had been brought up to the district manager several times
Fast pace with loving co workers
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 26, 2016
Its a nice place to work u feel right at home. But when those holiday season start rolling around I feel as if u should get a secon job cause them hours are about to go from 36 a week to 10/12 a week
Pros
Best food
Cons
High in labor
Social and great with customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customer out when in need or spending time with my co-workers because I'm really easy to get along with.
Had a lot of fun at Panera Bread
Associate (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 25, 2016
Its been a long time since I have worked at Panera Bread, but I had a lot of fun. Its a very busy place during lunch hours but I worked with a lot of good people. I highly recommend Panera Bread as a place to work to young people looking for a job.
Decent work place sometimes unorganized
Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, INJuly 24, 2016
Working at Panera was a good experience. Panera just needs improvement on management and how they treat their workers. Panera has great customer service but poor attitudes toward associates.
Administrative Assisstant
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 23, 2016
Very easy job, with nice people. I worked here while in high school and learned a lot of customer service skills. Pay was great for a high school student as well.
Friendly workplace, Fast Paced Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 22, 2016
Enjoyable workplace but high paced and stress job. Store was very tiny, and provided a limited work space. At specific store, amount of customer volume, and amount of inventory space do not correlate. Provides various benefits and programs, geared towards providing for employees.
Pros
Decent employee discount
Cons
Short Breaks, and limited workspace
Good Environment
Shift Supervisor (Management) (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 22, 2016
I like the environment, but I wish I was treated way better than I am for the hard work and commitment I've put into that place for the past four years.
Pros
Great relationships with coworkers.
Cons
The future you move up, the crappier they treat you.
Challenging day that pays off in the end with customer feedback of your service
Cashier/Line worker (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OH 44143July 22, 2016
A typical day at Panera Bread, Highland heights is challenging, yet successful. Here at Panera bread we are big on customer service, especially our cashiers. We greet the customer at the register with a smile and remind the customer of our rewards card to help insure that they are receiving rewards in exchange for their daily visits. For the line workers, whether its opening line for the day or working through breakfast, lunch, or dinner rush, we have to always be on our p's and q's. I feel that the different rushes are the hardest parts of the job, yet if we are skilled and consistent, we will get the food created properly and to the customer in under 3-4 minutes.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unprofessional at times
Great co-workers, bad management
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 21, 2016
Met some amazing people while working at Panera, the management changes very frequently, customers can be a bit rude but overall was not a terrible place to work.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
constant management rotations left workers stressed
Very friendly enviornment
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 20, 2016
Panera Bread is a great restaurant to work at, work isn't too hard, pace isn't too quick and the managers are friendly. flexible schedules too
Fun and hardworking company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 20, 2016
During my shift at Panera I was always on the go helping and making sure customers had the best experience. I would take orders, handle money, prepare food, and clean
not what its promised to be
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 20, 2016
Loved my training. After that it all went down hill. You realize everything they promised to get you on board was not for real. There is shadiness with inside the company at the home office. Taking money from people without asking. You get a phone call saying you they owe you money from health care and it will be stretched out to you throughout the year and you will be taxed on it too and then the health insurance calls you telling you that you owe them money! They have incompetent and unbalanced caterers and managers! That is what makes up their "CULTURE." If you are psychaotic, a drug attic, thief that wants no real quality of life then this is the job for you!
Pros
Employee that want to believe in Panera
Cons
Empty promises
I am a number one workier...
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 19, 2016
At my work, or wherever I am, I typically like to look for what needs to be done and do it. If I see the garbage needs changing or the floors need sweeping, I would rather do it without being asked, rather than to have to wait for someone to tell me what to do. I am very patient to learn a job correctly. At Panera there were a few jobs which were tricky, but most were quite simple. In everything, though, my moto is to do my job above and beyond what is required and do it well.
Pros
There is great food for employees to eat all the time.
Cons
It's not that easy to get premoted and get higher pay or more hours a week.
Great company, managers and work environment.
Night Baker (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy the independence of the Night Baker position. I've learned some very rewarding time management skills. I've had a great experience with coworkers and managers. The hardest part of the job is working the overnight hours which is why I am looking to make a change.
Great Place to start out
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 19, 2016
Most of the people that you work with are teenagers well at least at the store im at. Its honestly fun. Most of the people that you work with know how to joke and be goofy but at the same time work. Never a dull moment.
work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 19, 2016
Just your average work place. Gets a little crowed at times. Location is near a metro. Plenty of other restaurants around.
Not to bad, good experiences
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2016
6 years of working for panera saw 2 promotions and more offered, however food service is not the career I want.

Co workers are some of he best people you can ever meet