Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 2,929 reviews matching the search
entry level
customer service (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 7, 2016
a well balanced company overall for younger individuals who are looking for work experience. Too many "training managers" (this causes confusion as to who should be delegating shift duties.
Pros
great for entry level work experience
Cons
no room for management advancement
Productive workplace with stability
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day at work for me is somewhere that is productive, where I can have fun but learn at the same time. I thrive on hands on experience where I can grasp everything required of me to perform my job to the best of my abilities and beyond.
I do not expect to become best friends with my co workers, as long as I can professionally get along well with them.
The hardest part of my job is keeping a smile on my face at all times, but I do this for the sake of the customer and dealing with them is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Unstable Hours
Associate (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COFebruary 5, 2016
I do enjoy this job but the management doesn't take employee issues seriously. They are consistently sending me home early, so therefore my hours are cut extremely. I am having a hard time keeping a steady paycheck because of that.
Pros
Friendly and clean work enviornment
Cons
Unstable Hours
Warm and fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2016
My favorite part about working at Panera Bread is the customer connections that are made everyday. Since the first Day I started working until now i have met so many great people and learned their stories.
Fast Pace Working Environment
cashier, barista, and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 4, 2016
It was a fun job to work at and kept me busy. Most managers were cool but one misunderstanding with one and you dramatically lose hours.
Pros
Big Discount
Cons
Bias Managers
Overall a good place to work
Busser/Production crew (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Panera Bread is a great place for college age people to work. You don't get a lot of hours and they will try to flex around your schedule. Working at panera you actually do learn a lot of culinary skills. One thing that I do not understand at Panera is their system of advancing people. Some people would only be working their for a few months and get promoted to manager with no previous experience. Hardest part of the job was the long lines that never seemed to end and the snobbiness of the customers. Also not getting a free meal is lame.
A great first place to advance
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Over the couple years with this company, I learned a lot about food and safety along with management skills. Co-workers were great but management struggled over the many years and is still struggling. I enjoyed being able to experience many new things as I advanced up the ladder and appreciate all of the opportunities given.
Pros
Free meal as a shift supervisor
Cons
No breaks as a shift supervisor
Moving to a brand new office was great!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 4, 2016
In a 3:AM start production planning for fresh dough facility. Enter all orders and format daily scheduling for production of all dough to be made in the plant for that day. Have all schedules out to mixers by 5:45AM. Depending on given day, start inventory, AP, payroll, or debit/credits for the week. Continue to watch the e-mail for the add-on's to the customer's original order and make sure the items get added. Watch the email and do other above duty, depending on the day, until 10:AM. Close production in computer and invoice all orders for that day. Separate invoices by route for the truck drivers and put in drivers mail boxes for delivery with dough transports for next morning. Finish daily duties and filing of all receiving that comes in for the day. Usually not finishing until 1-2PM.
I learned that you need to make sure that you get all of the training that you feel you need early in the start of your new job, as it was hard to get anyone to train me in some aspects of the job that I was asking for training in.
My co-workers were wonderful, and wish them all the best.
The hardest part of the job was as I was trying to get the training I needed to fulfill jobs that were given to me when my co-worker quit.
I enjoyed seeing the people everyday that I had learned to call my second family.
Pros
People you like to come to see everyday.
Cons
Schedules were sometimes rough.
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2016
a great company to work for there are great things happening with Panera bread I wish I was still working there great work place balance and great people to work with
Panera Enviroment
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Working at Panera consist of something different every day. i loved seeing my regular customers on the daily basis and having their order ready to go. When i had issues or concerns I needed to express the manager on duty or general manager listened to my concerns. Also understood that life happens and that there were things that i couldn't control that may at times effect my work. But not in a major way.
Pros
My coworkers was like a family.
Cons
Lack of hours.
Fast-paced environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, PAFebruary 2, 2016
Very busy at work: time goes by quickly. Learned how to make foods, and barista drinks/ smoothies. Co-workers are enjoyable.
Pros
LOTS of hours, 50% off food- free for management, 30 min break
Cons
LOTS of hours, difficult to work with management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJFebruary 2, 2016
It was a great place to work. Staff was great> Management were nice and helpful. Hardest part is dealing with the fast paced environment.
family
Trainer , prepare foods for customers (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Panera Bread is a friendly store , co workers are very warm. Wish they paid more. Currently a student and schedule doesn't match up with school schedule.
Great Place to Work!
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILFebruary 2, 2016
I have been working at Panera Bread for over 6 years. I love the job, the people, the customers, and the food! Panera is a great place to go, regardless if you're a customer or an employee. Management usually does a good job with everything. I love Panera!
Pros
Beneifts (Dental, Health, Vision)! 401K!
Cons
Raises are very small!
All about Bottom line
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 2, 2016
They demand the best, yet pay some of the smallest salaries and offer some of the most limited training in the industry. This leaves both hourly and management staff feeling unappreciated and undervalued.
Poor Upper Level Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Worked too many hours and was not able to manage the day to day opeartions of the store from being so short staffed all the time. Loved leading my associates and furthering their careers.
Excelllent
Baker Helper/Baker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Excellent Working atmosphere,
great co-workers,
Helping management .
enjoyed working with Panera as baker the only thing i didn't enjoy that i was not given raise there while working nearly 2 years
Underpaid over worked staff
Panera Associate (Former Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day would be nonstop busy. Lines out the door with only three production people two of whom were on drive thru. The remaining person was left to make all salads and sandwiches while also performing the duties of the "QC" Position. My co-workers were great, it was like family.
Pros
Great discount on Panera foods
Cons
10-12 hr days without a break sometimes.
immediate supervisors/managers vs. middle management
Overnight Baker (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAFebruary 1, 2016
most of the actual workers and supervisors are good and decent people. in my experience, anyone above your immediate supervisor will feed you company lines and are far more concerned about the company than their employees. one of many examples: i was told to come in during a snowstorm which had even the turnpike shut down, and was told that even though road conditions were life-threatening and impassible, that i should risk it because "we have such good health insurance for things like that." this was an admonishment for calling off because i couldn't drive around two jack-knifed tractor-trailers. on the other hand, my immediate supervisors were all just good dudes trying to make a living. if i had to sum up working there: stick it to the man.
Pros
peers
Cons
everyone from the top down to middle management.
Great management; not much advancement opportunity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 1, 2016
Standing in one place behind a register taking orders, cashing out customers. Loved working the drive up window but time pressure was more than necessary. Learned Barista skills. Most difficult part of this location was working with teens & young adults who disrespected the public with rude and inappropriate language.
Pros
reduced cost of meal each day.
Cons
30 min meal break which included standing in line waiting to order; seldom were there breaks.