Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Found 4,902 reviews matching the search
Very fast environment. Not for everyone.
Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2017
Very quick pace. Must be able to think fast and work effeciently. Flexible hours, good management. Great starting job for anyone willing to work hard.
Great people
Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 24, 2017
Panera has given me a lot of experience in the industry. You meet new people everyday and its always something new. Good pay and they cherish a work life balance.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
Great concept, lacks leadership
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  michiganMarch 24, 2017
Lots of work, little pay or recognition. Always introducing new stuff without any additional help. Hourly workers are hardest working in the industry but can't get a raise. Store manager work very hard but the district manager doesn't seem to work.
Physically and mentally demanding without proper compensation
Production / Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 24, 2017
Being production line opener was demanding, and not rewarding in the slightest.

If you've ever worked in restaurants or the food industry, then you know what to expect from coworkers and customers.

If this is your first job: Be patient, listen to your supervisors, don't call out every week.
Pros
Cheap employee meals
Cons
Fast-paced, demands team synergy, poor compensation
Great first job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 23, 2017
Very easy to move up in this workplace - usually a bunch of high schoolers and college students as employees so its a fun workplace, but when that lunch rush hits you better be ready. Great about food safety regulations too
Loved working for Panera
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  battle creek MIMarch 23, 2017
I loved everything about working for Panera except the horrible pay. Panera serves well as a second job. although there are many opportunities to advance and obtain greater pay at Panera.
Pros
discounts on food, amazing staff to work with
Cons
horrible pay, cant live on panera pay
Easy Going while being very productive.
Panera Bread Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 23, 2017
Management and team member alike have a very easy going upbeat attitude. It feels lesa like work and more like a team project. All around good food and reasonable accomadtions are very good.
Quit because they would not relocate me after I moved
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
The company really was not that terrible. I moved in August to the other side of town, though, and when I asked for a transfer they told me know. It was too expensive of a commute so I quit.
Fun Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHMarch 23, 2017
Fun workplace for younger individuals looking to get into a field in food services. Flexible with scheduling and time off. However, no paid time off as an entry level associate
Easy job but too stressful
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 23, 2017
Easy job, you get to learn a lot. But their crazy hours and their environment are not the best. They expect you to do more than your position requires but they're not willing to pay you more.
Pros
Easy job you get to learn a lot
Cons
Crazy schedule, no benefits, low salary
It was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 23, 2017
You can work at a lot of hours for a decent wage. Working there is high stress due to a large number of people coming in and wanting to eat there. The people are nice though.
Part time Gig
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 23, 2017
Overall working for Panera was a very fun experience. I worked in the bakery section but you can sometimes come across very rude customers. Management was OK.
Hard individuals to deal with
Barista (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 23, 2017
The overall branch manager was great but, other managers were not so great. This was a part time job for me and they would not work with you at all, even if it was necessary to be absent.
Friendly work place.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2017
The work place has a great team that works hand- in- hand together. Challenges may arise but with the team that has been accessible to me here has always made the difference. I learned working in this company that team work is very critical here.This is why they hold such a reputation the way they do. The management here are very forward driven and understanding. They recognize and practice team work on a daily basis.
Pros
Independence and trust to execute your daily tasks.
Cons
Over-night Schedule.
Good first time job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMarch 22, 2017
I worked with Panera Bread from 16-19 and it was fun. The coworkers were amazing and I made so many new friends! Management would give me to many hours at times and it impacted my grades and social life. I asked for a promotion and was told it would take several months and if that they would hire me part time but would not increase my current pay. Loved working there but need something new for my needs and adult life.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Too many unreasonable hours, hard to get promoted
Felt high schoolish
Prep/Barista (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 22, 2017
Felt like I was back in high school with the "click" mentality. Many members came from other stores so I was an outsider. I did get to improve my prep work and time.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Click mentality, difficult for advancement
Not Enough Hours
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 22, 2017
While I work there I wasn't given enough hours during the time I was there and the only positive was that I got a certain percent off on a purchase. I do hope people have a better experience than I had.
A lot of work with no advancement
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PAMarch 22, 2017
I worked as a cook and i worked very hard. I worked there for a year cleaning and cooking, never calling off, and training people, and I always made minimum wage, and never moved up.
Productive environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 22, 2017
Panera bread is a great place to work as a young adult. Its very upbeat and energetic. However if you want a job were you can move up in the company Panera bread might not be the best choice for you.
Stressful and unmanaged
Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMarch 22, 2017
I was a reliable worker which is hard to come by in that company which led them to use my generosity and care for my coworkers to ultimately hurt me. The management was never in sync with another and for the job you do the pay is not at all worth it. You're able to make great friends. The place is pretty much run by young adults and the staff is mostly teenagers. With that said, I wouldn't recommend working there to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.

76%