Panera Bread
2,245 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

fast paste especially during summer
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Queens, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% off on duty
Cons: bus comes very late
it is very nice to work with the associates and meeting new customers on a daily basis and also getting familiar with guest who visit often. closing duties are carried out and i ensure that everything is in order and double checked.
Great Job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 20, 2015
Was a very exciting place to work in. Fast paced but very rewarding. Management was flexible on schedules and opportunities to advance.
Decent I guess.
Trainer (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 20, 2015
It's a decent place to work. Exactally what you would expect from Panera. The pay wasn't exactly competitive and the management had it's ups and downs. The coworkers were cool for the most part, but like management, they had their ups and downs.
Associate
Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2015
It was fast pace and fun at the same time. The team members were great but the management wasn't the best. The hardest part is the pressure they put on the employees because you could be closing for 4 hours or only 30 mins. The mangers don't always help you so depend on your co-workers a lot.
Good management
associate/cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, good management, fun coworkers
Cons: Nasty customers occasionally, didn't get breaks sometimes because it was so busy
A typical day at work was hectic. I balanced a lot of activities on top of being cashier. I juggled the pace and all the activities well. I rang up customers, took complaints, prepared orders, made drinks and cleaned whatever I used. The management was excellent. No manager was hiding in the office during the rush. Every manager pitched in at where ever they could on top of their regular duties. My co-workers were the best part of the job and I made friends there.

The hardest part of the job was getting up at 4:30 in the morning to set up the bakery and dealing with customers who were less than friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie with my coworkers and managers.
positive co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 19, 2015
I work on the cashier all day and I have learned how to deal with all types of personalities. My co workers are awesome and friendly. My managers are flexible and understanding.
Paneras
Cashier (Former Employee), Hillanranch, Co.May 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
is good place for work just par time, no mach to learned , he was good manager always server the costumer like fill in home,
panera bread
dining room server/dish washer (Former Employee), leawood ksMay 19, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
It was not a balanced schedule and the reason why is because the managers would always change who did the schedule. I wasn't treated with respect.
Baking
Certified Baker (Current Employee), Warren, OHMay 19, 2015
Work alone to prepare and bake the product for sale the next morning. Third shift alone in a store.
I learned inventory control, time management and streamlined my organizational skills.
Great
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAMay 18, 2015
Great place to work I love panera if I didn't have car issues I would have loved to still be there. The customers were great and the associates were amazing great place to be.
fun and exciting workplace
Bakery Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: discount on meals, wonderful environment, flexible shifts
Cons: angry customers, low pay
PANERA!!! The typical day would be assisting customers with their orders, completing transactions, keeping the dining room, bathroom, drink station, and behind the counter as clean as possible. I learned to operated a touch screen cash register and I even learned how to make cookies! My co-workers were full of personality and great to work with and I can say the same about the management team as well, they were very supportive. The hardest part of the job would be if someone didn't show up for their shift I would have to cover well at least try to cover the front counter and the dining room all alone. The most enjoyable part would be the opportunities that were possible and the times where we would get new dishes and desserts!
fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Prince Frederick, MDMay 18, 2015
Panera is super busy,lots to do and learn.
emloyees are overall good workers, I love working with people. I love the challange.
Great company
Shift Manager (Current Employee), virginiaMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great people and environment
Cons: Hours
Love the company and the environment. They really care about their employees. Always a fun place to be. The hours are hard though.
A Home Away from home environment
Crew member (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2015
A Home Away from home environment with great comfort food. Panera is a great company to be a part of , once I was offered the job I immediately became a part of what they call the "Panera Family" i was welcomed wit open arms and helpful hearts who guided me on a tour of what My day in the life of a Panera would be like.
Its a fun place to work at and Panera does a good job at hiring co-workers that fit the team
Panera Bread Associate (Current Employee), Glenn Dale, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Half off on meals
Cons: No overtime
It gets extremely busy during lunch times. Its really fast passed and hard to train new people when you have other things going on
Flexible schedule, friendly enviornment
Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAMay 17, 2015
My cafe was a very small one, but we had a lot of fun times and everyone was friends. My work days consisted of being on the line (where the food is made), then switching over to service/dish washing, then sometimes going back to the line. It was pretty slow there, so we all basically did everything and sometimes only had two people on the out working, one on the registers and one on the line. The person on the line would also run the food out. This only happened during the hours when it was very slow, around 3-4pm. The hardest part of the job was speedily making the food, keeping every order in the three minute window. The most enjoyable part, though, was getting to get acquainted with the regulars; the people who would come in nearly every day, order the same thing, sit in the same spot, that sort of thing. I was transferred to a much busier location after my cafe was shut down, to which my health could not take the hustle and bustle. Though it wasn't for me the second time around, I would recommend Panera Bread, especially because the schedule was always so flexible.
Great Managment
Associate (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great People, Fun Customers
Cons: low pay
I loved the people I worked with and they made everyday enjoyable. Coming into work made me happy, and my bosses demonstrated you did not have to work with with a grimace on your face to get things done.
Fun and Fair
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Aberdeen, MDMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Good Work Environment
I Prepared food for my shift, I made sandwiches, Salads, Cantering. Reviewing food standards. Trained managers in training and new associates.
simple job that keeps employee busy
Overnight Baker (Current Employee), Bowie, MDMay 17, 2015
Pros: meals and pays better then accustomed
Cons: working from 10 at night to 6 in the morning
good job just looking for something different and or mostly better. the employer is very nice and workload for most part is simple and easy the only truly bad aspect is the hours in which you must work.
Very Productive
Associate (Former Employee), California, MDMay 17, 2015
This was my first job at the end of my senior year and I had an amazing experience. All of the employees and managers provided me with a friendly and enjoyable environment. The best part of the job was being able to work with such charismatic people. The hardest part, however, was trying to keep the tickets under 3 minutes during the busy lunch rush. The knowledge that I gained from this experience was that working together is key. Help someone when they need help and never let each other down.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more

Panera Bread Salaries